Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I need to correct one of the criticisms I had about games from LRG not appearing fully legitimate.  I've been going through my entire physical vita collection over the last week (preparing to downsize) and I noticed it is actually quite common among the regular retail games to have "ALL" Region code instead of Region 1.  This isn't something limited to LRG or small publishers.  Same for PS3 & PS4 games.  So while I've not noticed anyone challenge that criticism ... I figured it would be good to correct myself on that issue and bring it up to anyone that questioned it as well.

I need to correct one of the criticisms I had about games from LRG not appearing fully legitimate. I've been going through my entire physical vita collection over the last week (preparing to downsize) and I noticed it is actually quite common among the regular retail games to have "ALL" Region code instead of Region 1. This isn't something limited to LRG or small publishers. Same for PS3 & PS4 games. So while I've not noticed anyone challenge that criticism ... I figured it would be good to correct myself on that issue and bring it up to anyone that questioned it as well.
It's alright, I don't think it's a big issue for many anyways.

It's become more, and more common practice to label games like that since, well, they are all region in theory, so most just don't really care anymore, and just puts it on the box regardless of what version it is.

Not surprised it wasn't noticed before though, I mean, how often do you actually inspect every game for all of the details besides when you do inventory to either organize or sell them? I probably would've never noticed if I didn't have to go through my games fairly often (mainly when I'm cleaning). :D

It's certainly not an issue only related to LRG, but something that's more common nowadays.

You're entitled to your opinion, but their reputation is intact with most of us. They will continue to sell out every release and unfortunately for the people that were complaining about them not doing preorders, this probably just means no more preorders in the future.
Well sure, there will always be obsessive completionists, and something like this won't dissuade them. It's still shitty, and dismissing it as "par for the course" doesn't help anything.

I also don't get why people are opposed to preorders, instead of scrambling to get these things at a certain time like they're a fuckin Mondo poster or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. I don't care how long I have to wait for a preorder, I'd rather wait 6 months than panic every Friday. But whatever, that's me. I understand why they hate preorders as a business. I bet they get emails every day with people bitching. 

Well sure, there will always be obsessive completionists, and something like this won't dissuade them. It's still shitty, and dismissing it as "par for the course" doesn't help anything.

I also don't get why people are opposed to preorders, instead of scrambling to get these things at a certain time like they're a fuckin Mondo poster or something.
You don't get why people or LRG are opposed to preorders?

I don't understand what difference pre-ordering would make. We'd still be scrambling to get our pre-orders in as soon as one goes live.

No, there will always be people who prefer owning games physically rather than digitally and are willing to pay a premium to do so. The only thing that would have been "shitty" would have been releasing a half-assed product or failing to keep buyers informed. The delays in Skullgirls and Silver Case are good examples of why pre-orders are not a good business model for LRG. People like yourself can't handle a few months delay or the possibility that something could go wrong between pre-order and release and you make sure that everyone knows how terrible you think it is. As such, I fully understand why LRG doesn't want to get involved in dealing with the potential for many more buyers like yourself who lack reasonableness or understanding.

No, there will always be people who prefer owning games physically rather than digitally and are willing to pay a premium to do so. The only thing that would have been "shitty" would have been releasing a half-assed product or failing to keep buyers informed. The delays in Skullgirls and Silver Case are good examples of why pre-orders are not a good business model for LRG. People like yourself can't handle a few months delay or the possibility that something could go wrong between pre-order and release and you make sure that everyone knows how terrible you think it is. As such, I fully understand why LRG doesn't want to get involved in dealing with the potential for many more buyers like yourself who lack reasonableness or understanding.
Yeah how dare I have a negative opinion about something slipping months past the date that was given

I also prefer having games physically, but most of the stuff they've been putting out is... Not good. The kind of games that you'd buy for a dollar in a Steam sale or get free from PS+ and then never bother installing. That's why I mentioned completionists. Numbering their releases is a great idea because it captures the OCD market who have to have everything, no matter how bad they are.

I think it's just because the company is against them... so get in line with the company so they like you more and shut down anyone that says otherwise. Of course it hurts resellers as many of the people that resort to resellers will not need them so they have plenty of reason ($$) to not want preorders.

It would be nice if LRG did a normal preorder on a normal game (hopefully something rather popular and well loved and fully patched and done). No bundled in extras that will delay the game. No funding finishing a game (Kickstarter-ish) before publishing it. I think for some games this would work out much better.

I don't understand what difference pre-ordering would make. We'd still be scrambling to get our pre-orders in as soon as one goes live.
No initial limit. So if you want a copy, you get a copy. It's not like pre-orders are going to rake in 500K units or something. Games would still be limited.

The delays in Skullgirls and Silver Case are good examples of why pre-orders are not a good business model for LRG.
They don't work for LRG because LRG has to bundle in crap and inflate the price... or like Skullgirls it isn't just a preorder but funding to finish the game and handle tricky negotiations to get the rights to some audio.

They haven't done a normal game preorder type setup yet. I think LRG would actually be probably the best company of all these small companies to handle a normal game preorder because they have proven they can get a game published in a reasonable time. What they've failed at time and time again now (starting with Octodad ties) is relying on other companies to produce stuff to make these Special/Limited Edition games with all the extras. Cards weren't ready for Oddworld... Silvercase steam key issues and other issues... Skullgirls not even being ready to publish because they were fixing stuff and adding in content.

If they could just stick to what they are good at (taking finished games and publishing them)... and give Preorders a real try without the SE/LE stuff... I think they would find it could actually work very well for them and make for happier customers.

Yeah how dare I have a negative opinion about something slipping months past the date that was given
Don't even bother dude. He has been here 13 years, hasn't picked an avatar, is devoid of any humorous or

empathetic personality, and is antisocial in all of his exchanges. No idea why he even comes here.

If they could just stick to what they are good at (taking finished games and publishing them)... and give Preorders a real try without the SE/LE stuff... I think they would find it could actually work very well for them and make for happier customers.
As a collector, I'm interested in the added stuff. It's fine that you're not, but nobody is forcing you to buy anything. Apparently plenty of other people agree because they were able to sell good numbers of the SE/LE games (although likely not as many as they would have sold had they been ready to ship like their normal releases are). They've explained many times why preorders don't result in the kinds of sales they want and believe they need for their business model. I get that you don't accept their explanation or reasoning, but it's their business and they are in a much better position than you are to determine what works best for them and their customers.

Don't even bother dude. He has been here 13 years, hasn't picked an avatar, is devoid of any humorous or

empathetic personality, and is antisocial in all of his exchanges. No idea why he even comes here.
I know, can you believe that anyone would come here wanting to discuss deals and share information with others? Isn't it so much more fun to be critical of everything and attack everyone else? Save it dude, nobody cares.

It would be nice if LRG did a normal preorder on a normal game (hopefully something rather popular and well loved and fully patched and done). No bundled in extras that will delay the game. No funding finishing a game (Kickstarter-ish) before publishing it. I think for some games this would work out much better.

No initial limit. So if you want a copy, you get a copy. It's not like pre-orders are going to rake in 500K units or something. Games would still be limited.
Yeah, exactly. Have preorders open for a bit, maybe a week, and then make that many (plus a buffer, obviously). It's still a limited amount, they get plenty of sales they might have otherwise missed, and nobody has to stress out about being at work or asleep when these things go live. I couldn't get Oxenfree because of that, and the same will happen with Swapper.

Like, people bitch at Nintendo for "artificial scarcity" (even though it's obviously just outright ineptitude) when that's totally what this is, and even advertised as such.

Ya i made a post criticizing the quality of some of the games LRG has put out. Pretty sure it was that same guy coming out of the woodwork.

I love this thread as I always have some popcorn ready. Today I'm having some kettle corn.

I sent an email requesting a refund on my skullgirls preorder. Its been 2 days and still no response?
I guarantee LRG is drowning in e-mail about this and all kinds of other things.

I've sent LRG an e-mail before and never got a response but other people on this board have reported getting one so it's possible.

They have allowed refunds, but a few weeks ago they were considering this policy because of all the cancellation emails.
Well, it's always been the policy, but they were just being nice as to allow people to cancel, even though it wasn't supposed to be allowed.

But yeah, since they were getting more requests than they had expected, they're pretty much just not going to do it anymore.

Aw well. :D

Well, it's always been the policy, but they were just being nice as to allow people to cancel, even though it wasn't supposed to be allowed.

But yeah, since they were getting more requests than they had expected, they're pretty much just not going to do it anymore.

Aw well. :D
This is why we can't have nice things lol

Can I ask why people are wanting to cancel their Skullgirls preorders?
Their email seemed to address the delays more than adequately.
I would assume most of those people thought they would have it already and now are feeling pretty salty about not getting it yet since they already took the money, like a Kickstarter. A lot of people don't care for Kickstarter for the same reason. I'm still salty about the push back of Bloodstained cause there is now a good chance that never shows up

As for skullgirls though, I don't care about waiting. If it never releases, they'll just have to issue refunds. If it does drop, we all already paid

I feel like, even if some people cancelled, they could probably just sell the extra copies on their site during a sale... like the BF sale.

I would assume most of those people thought they would have it already and now are feeling pretty salty about not getting it yet since they already took the money, like a Kickstarter. A lot of people don't care for Kickstarter for the same reason. I'm still salty about the push back of Bloodstained cause there is now a good chance that never shows up

As for skullgirls though, I don't care about waiting. If it never releases, they'll just have to issue refunds. If it does drop, we all already paid
Speaking of KS, I backed Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero for quite a bit of money... I got my game during launch but still have not heard a single peep about the physical goodies. I emailed them a week ago and no response.

Speaker of KS, I backed Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero for quite a bit of money... I got my game during launch but still have not heard a single peep about the physical goodies. I emailed them a week ago and no response.
I got an email from them back in December stating that the physical rewards was coming, but that they where taking a break during the holidays, and would get back to the physical rewards in the new year. That was the last I heard.

I'm waiting as well, and until your post, I had forgotten all about that stuff. Hell, I don't even remember what I have coming. LOL I guess I should pay closer attention to these things.

I feel like, even if some people cancelled, they could probably just sell the extra copies on their site during a sale... like the BF sale.

Speaking of KS, I backed Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero for quite a bit of money... I got my game during launch but still have not heard a single peep about the physical goodies. I emailed them a week ago and no response.
Did they at least send the risky beats edition?

I guess I don't have a problem with delays. Waiting for Skullgirls, Silvercase, and Summon Night 6 Wonderful edition.
Fingers crossed on Summon Night.

I can see why people want to cancel when the product has setbacks that alter the delivery date. Limited Run Games has been very transparent in regards to their overall operation so that's much appreciated.

Did they at least send the risky beats edition?
No, the KS only included the game digitally and even though the physical edition was announced before the game release, WF said they couldn't give physical as an option since that was something that came much later. The physical goods were just merchandise... I don't even remember what they are but I know I'm supposed to get an artbook and OST (which apparently has KS exclusive tracks).

No, the KS only included the game digitally and even though the physical edition was announced before the game release, WF said they couldn't give physical as an option since that was something that came much later. The physical goods were just merchandise... I don't even remember what they are but I know I'm supposed to get an artbook and OST (which apparently has KS exclusive tracks).
That legitimately sounds awful

That legitimately sounds awful
Not to get too off topic but it's not. I can understand delays and I can understand them only giving us the digital option b/c that's all that's existed until like 2 months before release- I'm sure they didn't account for the costs. What I am upset about is the poor communication with regards 'bad' news. Any time there was an update from WF, it was something 'good' (new character artwork, beta-testing going good, etc.).

http://blog.degigames.com/shmup/dariusburst-chronicle-saviours-capcom-dlc-physical-ps4-release/

7sqkAqN.jpg

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/826903443814105088

The Swindle from Curve Digital is coming to PS4/Vita from LRG.  just announced! 

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/826903443814105088

That Darius burst announcement has me super excited.  

I love a good shmup....

been holding back buying it because it was so expensive and digital only

my only worry is what the cost will be for the 2 versions.  i can prolly be ok with like 40-50, but more than that is gonna bum me out.  

That Darius burst announcement has me super excited.

I love a good shmup....

been holding back buying it because it was so expensive and digital only

my only worry is what the cost will be for the 2 versions. i can prolly be ok with like 40-50, but more than that is gonna bum me out.
If LRG follows their usual pattern of pricing games $10 more than their digital versions, I'm not looking forward to $50 for Dariusburst; $40 already seemed outrageous to me for digital.

I wonder if this was the announcement they thought would make them a legend, but now that it's out, and the possible crazy pricing involved, they've turned into more of an old wives tale instead. :eek:

Really curious what the pricing and quantity will end up being for both versions of DARIUSBURST.  I really like SHMUPS but that wasn't on my radar.

Where's the Vita love for Darius Burst? I'm a HUGE Darius fan, but I don't have a PS4 and I had to decide long ago to pass by PS4 LRG, as it was all to much. There is a Vita digital only in the US as well for Darius, so why the slight there? 

bread's done
Back