Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I'm actually kinda surprised Special Reserves didn't do this game, honestly. They're/Devolver basically the same company, but I guess LRG would give it bigger reach.
Yeah, that is a pleasant surprise. I feel about SRG the way many in this thread seem to feel about LRG. That would've been really tough for me if SRG had Return to Monkey Island. I probably would've caved and bought it despite swearing them off.

A lot of people soured on SRG after the 'Demon Throttle' release and their announcement that all their games will be available at retail going forward.

I preordered 'Demon Throttle' when it was announced, only for them to open a second round of preorders (fine), and then send it to retail where it has been upwards of $10 cheaper (this was the kicker) on Amazon. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to play the game and am glad to have it, but the whole thing was stinky. Before their retail announcement I had 'Card Sharks' preordered. Because of the announcement I wanted to cancel because no doubt if it hit Amazon I could get it for less, but, despite the ordering window still being open, SRG refused my request to cancel blaming preorder numbers.

I've received both games, and have played them, but I won't ever order direct from SRG again. If they have something I interested in, and it's a retail release, maybe, but the company is not one I look forward to purchasing from ever again.

Update: 3 emails (one on the 5th, the 7th, and the 10th) sent since ordered on Jan 2 and yet to be given any reply other than the auto " Thanks for submitting your request".  I get that it won't be until March ish (according to this thread) when I see the blind box games.  However, to not even reply? Awful CS. Will be the first and last time I order from LRG.

Update: 3 emails (one on the 5th, the 7th, and the 10th) sent since ordered on Jan 2 and yet to be given any reply other than the auto " Thanks for submitting your request". I get that it won't be until March ish (according to this thread) when I see the blind box games. However, to not even reply? Awful CS. Will be the first and last time I order from LRG.
When you say "email" do you mean an actual email or you went to their support page...

https://support.limitedrungames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Support does (based on situations posted here) take a long time to get a response out of. But if you went through the proper process you should eventually get an actual person. I have no clue how much staff they have handling this stuff but I imagine it's one or two people total and the volume of tickets being generated is so large that they just aren't able to get to things in a timely fashion.

Maybe someone else will chime in and remind us how long their last interactions with CS went.

A lot of people soured on SRG after the 'Demon Throttle' release and their announcement that all their games will be available at retail going forward.

I preordered 'Demon Throttle' when it was announced, only for them to open a second round of preorders (fine), and then send it to retail where it has been upwards of $10 cheaper (this was the kicker) on Amazon. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to play the game and am glad to have it, but the whole thing was stinky. Before their retail announcement I had 'Card Sharks' preordered. Because of the announcement I wanted to cancel because no doubt if it hit Amazon I could get it for less, but, despite the ordering window still being open, SRG refused my request to cancel blaming preorder numbers.

I've received both games, and have played them, but I won't ever order direct from SRG again. If they have something I interested in, and it's a retail release, maybe, but the company is not one I look forward to purchasing from ever again.
SRG soured me with BroForce. I've been waiting forever for that game to be released. I ordered it with copy of Disc Room and that has been in limbo forever because of BroForce.

The last two games I ordered both showed up at retail, Demon Throttle and Death's Door. They do produce nice collectors editions but I'm not a collector's edition person. You have to really wow me for me to consider a collectors edition. Most are just filled with unnecessary junk that sits in a box. I've purchased one SRG Collectors, Downwell because it came with flip grip.

The one game I really would like to purchase is the Serious Sam Collection but I'd want that on PS4 or Xbox.

I've been waiting for a good sale on the Xbox version digitally. Hopefully soon since its been on sale for $12 on PSN.

Maybe this year BroForce will finally be released.

When you say "email" do you mean an actual email or you went to their support page...

https://support.limitedrungames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Support does (based on situations posted here) take a long time to get a response out of. But if you went through the proper process you should eventually get an actual person. I have no clue how much staff they have handling this stuff but I imagine it's one or two people total and the volume of tickets being generated is so large that they just aren't able to get to things in a timely fashion.

Maybe someone else will chime in and remind us how long their last interactions with CS went.
First off, I really appreciate your help and insight with this. You always seem to be the one to reply.

Secondly, I went through their actual support request (used order number and all). At first, it was simply a hey why hasn't this shipped? Because, foolishly, I thought blind box meant that they had the games avaialble and ready to ship out. Tone was the same for the second email. However, come the third, I asked to cancel the order.

And yes I did read in the FAQ all sales are final (after I ordered) but I figured can't hurt to ask.

Also noticed that they do not allow you to comment on their twitter page nor facebook. I imagine it is afraid of any negativity, but I digress....

Also noticed that they do not allow you to comment on their twitter page nor facebook. I imagine it is afraid of any negativity, but I digress....
They locked up comments after they fired their community manager (on 1/7 I think?) for a 2016 tweet and who she followed on Twitter, and got hammered with negative Twitter comments.

I was going to ask for opinions on that RPG dual pack and so far they seem good so I'll likely order that.

Further proof that their Distro line is just another way to increase releases: Those 2 FMV games on Switch. Every other time they released FMV games they have been as numbered releases but now these magically show up as distributed titles.

First off, I really appreciate your help and insight with this. You always seem to be the one to reply.
I usually pop by CAG weekdays during the day time two or three times to see what deals are posted and if the few threads I post in have updates. We don't get a lot of truly new shoppers... happy to help.

They also have a reddit sub you can try in... not sure if they still have one, but they used to have a really helpful employee that posted:

https://old.reddit.com/r/limitedrun/

I was going to ask for opinions on that RPG dual pack and so far they seem good so I'll likely order that.
Ara Fell is excellent. I haven't played the other one yet, but it's by the same people and I've heard it's as good. The "exclusive" language they used in the announcement is really squirrel-y so I'm waiting to see if it pops up elsewhere, though.

Regular response time seems to be 1-2 weeks based on their Discord when things are normal. A lot of people are cancelling orders/sending hatemail via support because of the recent situation, plus there's likely a holiday/blowout backlog so it's back to higher-than-average (no ETA). Important to keep in mind that the support folks are dealing with a lot of vitriol that's out of their control right now, so please be kind when interacting with them.

They also have a reddit sub you can try in... not sure if they still have one, but they used to have a really helpful employee that posted:
https://old.reddit.com/r/limitedrun/
The employee who usually responded there was the one that was sacked. Discord might be a better option for the time being, as it looks like there's only been one employee post on Reddit since everything went down.

The employee who usually responded there was the one that was sacked. Discord might be a better option for the time being, as it looks like there's only been one employee post on Reddit since everything went down.
Oh, that's a shame. I don't sub there these days but the few times I interacted with her or saw her interact with others in the past she was really helpful and professional.

Another option for valiki7375 is to go through their credit card company. But that's burning bridges with future purchases from LRG.

Doug is there any way to fix the website so it doesn't automatically add that Route Shipping protection each time you add something to the cart?  I hate that it's added automatically, especially when you are in a hurry trying to check out.  I've heard from quite a few people they got charged for it but didn't really want it, all because it gets automatically added to the cart.  I think changing the behavior to make it so someone has to click to add it would enhance the customer experience and avoid some hurt feelings.  Thank you.

Oh nice, those Ara games are right up my alley. Though I wish comments on their Twitter were back on, so I can see if anyone is like "More of this, and less Kemco!" Even though this one seems to use the exact same battle system. And is literally made in RPGMaker. (Kemco games use Unity.) Oh well, I'll just have to feel smug all on my own.

And don't listen to them, it's a nice try to bring up the Route stuff. But yeah, LRG totally knows already. So far all they've done was make it easier to remove it from your cart. It was super stealthy back when it first started.

Can you even cancel a limited run game order? I think it's all final sale. But to answer your question; Your experience is normal. Even things that are on hand usually take time to ship, but rest assured it will arrive eventually.

For something that’s an actual issue to get annoyed with (plus the route bullshit too, they fully are aware) it seems some blind boxes already shipped and uh, OST ones at least aren’t properly sorted to avoid dupes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LimitedPrintGames/comments/10aegq6/limited_run_games_are_scummy_false_advertising/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
RANT

I'm sorry but when you order 37 blind box CD OSTs and expect to not get duplicates you are a fool.

Especially when you placed the same order last year and it didn't work out.

The only person to blame is the fool who gambles on 37 blind box orders.

I mean it says in the notes "minimize the chance that you will receive a duplicate soundtrack"

[attachment=37712:OIP.jpg]

I will never understand why anyone would buy a blind box in the first place. Why would I take a chance and get a game, soundtrack, vinyl I don't want. Plus they don't even really offer any kind of discount on blind boxes. It not like they are selling these at a loss.

Maybe you get lucky and get one of the more expensive games they offer cheaper because of the blind box but most likely you get disappointment.

To each their own.

END RANT

Last edited by a moderator:
Blind Boxes have always been a way for stores to offload unwanted/unsold merchandise at higher prices then they would ever be able to sell the actual items for if consumers knew what they were getting.

If I'm wrong, correct me, but I think the appeal of the Soundtrack blind boxes is that normally soundtracks are bundled with games and stuff and this is purchasing just the soundtrack.  So instead of spending Thousands on CE's he spends a few hundred on 74 soundtracks (between both orders).  I'd imagine there are some steel book collectors that would be tempted by blind boxes on them.  Though honestly, I don't get it either.  I'd rather just go to ebay and buy exactly what I wanted that I missed and maybe pay a little extra than roll the dice knowing the odds are super low and I'd get a bunch of stuff that I'd need to spend time selling.

As for this dude, he mistakenly thought placing his order meant he'd get priority on the 37 soundtrack bundles.  That's his logic fault there.  Giving LRG the benefit of the doubt that they had some of the 37 soundtrack bundles boxed up... it would be a very small number of them.  When they ran out, he got his order pieced together from the remains.

Blind boxes were more interesting back when everything truly was limited (the Vita days). At least then you could take a shot at getting something rare you missed in the early days.

Now, you're better off going to ebay to grab what you really want.

I like the idea of Blind Boxes.  Same reason I like Fanatical's mystery boxes; It's like collection baseball cards.  I like the surprise.  FOr the majority of things on LRG I would not ypically buy the games there...but was caught by the spectre of shiny and mystery lol

Anyways, UPDATE

Finally got an email and confirmed end of Q1 2023 for items to be shipped (and no money back)

Again, my bad for not understnading how they do and operate, but now that I do; will not be ordering from them again (except there is a book I want from them and have been waiting for that, but now at least I know better)

Appreciate all the help and insight!  Seems like a hot mess of a company.

I like the idea of Blind Boxes. Same reason I like Fanatical's mystery boxes; It's like collection baseball cards. I like the surprise. FOr the majority of things on LRG I would not ypically buy the games there...but was caught by the spectre of shiny and mystery lol

Anyways, UPDATE

Finally got an email and confirmed end of Q1 2023 for items to be shipped (and no money back)

Again, my bad for not understnading how they do and operate, but now that I do; will not be ordering from them again (except there is a book I want from them and have been waiting for that, but now at least I know better)

Appreciate all the help and insight! Seems like a hot mess of a company.
It always stated a Q1 date for the blind boxes. You made assumptions that they would immediately ship.

As others have said, you’ll eventually get your shit.

If the page explicitly said "if you buy 37 blind boxes we will guarantee you 37 unique CDs" then I get it, if it only did they'll try to, then yeah they're bad for buying a second time

Yeah even though I linked it I couldn't help but wonder why tf he decided to try *again* for that many blind boxes instead of ebaying for his favorite wants after the first time. I think 37 blinds easily nears over 500 dollars or more, iirc, so it's pretty obscene for glorified gambling. The two times I did it, I got the one CD dupe I didn't want (Flinthook, because i can't stand that OST), and the other time I got 3 OSTS I didn't have but for stuff I didn't feel I needed in any way (Oddworld, Croixleur, Thomas). Was pretty much content from that point onward.

I pre-ordered a copy of Ara Fell & Rise of the Third Power.  Last game I got was Mercenaries Blaze, so about a year between orders for me.

Now I can officially complain again about slow shipping instead of just being a rabble-rouser in the crowd.

I pre-ordered a copy of Ara Fell & Rise of the Third Power. Last game I got was Mercenaries Blaze, so about a year between orders for me.

Now I can officially complain again about slow shipping instead of just being a rabble-rouser in the crowd.
Welcome back to the real party!

Can someone reminder me the difference between production complete vs at warehouse? I'm trying to figure out where some of my LRG orders are and it looks like my two oldest are for Shantae Pirate's Curse Fan Bundle (August 2021) and I checked all the contents individually and they're all either production complete or at warehouse. 

To me, it would seem production complete means it's finished, but not at the warehouse yet. Possibly still at the manufacturer or in transit to the warehouse.

Can someone reminder me the difference between production complete vs at warehouse? I'm trying to figure out where some of my LRG orders are and it looks like my two oldest are for Shantae Pirate's Curse Fan Bundle (August 2021) and I checked all the contents individually and they're all either production complete or at warehouse.
"At warehouse" means they have received the product at LRG and are preparing to ship to the customer. "Production complete" means they have shipped the product to the customer.

The other status they have is "in production" which is the product has not been made at the factory yet.

I like the idea of Blind Boxes. Same reason I like Fanatical's mystery boxes; It's like collection baseball cards. I like the surprise. FOr the majority of things on LRG I would not ypically buy the games there...but was caught by the spectre of shiny and mystery lol

Anyways, UPDATE

Appreciate all the help and insight! Seems like a hot mess of a company.
I’ve known lrg since day one with breach and clear on vita. And up front I’ll be chastised for saying this in this thread:

LRG is a borderline scam company, similar to an mlm or even kickstarter. They take money up front and use that to create the product. They can at times hold your money for years and you may have no recourse.

I come back to the thread as I am a hardcore collector. I have sealed GameCube and original Xbox games that I never got to play over the years. I’ve been a member here on CAG for nearly 20 years. I only buy physical. And I read this thread in the hopes lrg goes legit. It seems they never do.

Let's not get too hyperbolic here. Calling LRG a "scam" company or "not legit" are gross exaggerations. This is not a company that takes your money and doesn't send you your games.

What we all take issue with is that LRG is not delivering games with reasonable cadence. Waiting six, eight, or more months from the close of a preorder/sale to get a game is unreasonable, but that's not a scam.

Whether you dislike LRG selling a bunch of collector's editions with "junk" or whether they're "overpriced" are - again - topics we can (and should) raise for LRG to hear and address, but I don't see how either of those suddenly render the company a scam or not legit.

I have multiple orders that I'm waiting for. I do appreciate LRG bringing lesser known titles to disc/cart. That said, I too would like them to fix their production delays which are way out of whack.

I, however, still order games I want to play from them because I know LRG will get the games delivered to me. Hopefully, as it fixes its issues, I get them well before eight-plus months from ordering. This is the biggest problem LRG has to remedy.

You guys keep posting about these new games being released and a couple are teasing me. But I have held strong and have not ordered anything for the past several months and have been free and clean from the agony of waiting for orders to be filled. Must keep resisting..........

Can you even cancel a limited run game order? I think it's all final sale. But to answer your question; Your experience is normal. Even things that are on hand usually take time to ship, but rest assured it will arrive eventually.
The only time I know of it happening is when the publisher of Streets of Rage 4 went behind LRG's back and sold a slightly different standard edition copy of SoR 4 that had the same street date as the digital game and a bunch of people (myself included) canceled orders to get a copy on the actual release date.

LRG is a borderline scam company, similar to an mlm or even kickstarter. They take money up front and use that to create the product. They can at times hold your money for years and you may have no recourse.
LRG is not a scam. If you feel strongly about having your money tied up you can just buy the games when they're released from a partner store. There are three prominent stores (VGP, PNP and VGNY) that sell their games in this manner online and a lot of the distro games are on Amazon.

So far there has been only one scam limited print gaming company and that was Warned Collectors. There's a chance Dispatch and First Press Games could be heading that way, but that can't be said right now.

LRG is not a scam. If you feel strongly about having your money tied up you can just buy the games when they're released from a partner store. There are three prominent stores (VGP, PNP and VGNY) that sell their games in this manner online and a lot of the distro games are on Amazon.

So far there has been only one scam limited print gaming company and that was Warned Collectors. There's a chance Dispatch and First Press Games could be heading that way, but that can't be said right now.
Yeah, I ordered Ginga Force and Natsuki Chronicles together from First Press Games on 2/19/21. Natsuki Chronicles recently got released but Ginga Force still hasn't been released. Then I ordered Crimzon Clover World EXplosion on 9/12/21. That isn't coming out anytime soon either. I am patient but after looking at those dates, how could these possibly take this long to produce? Limited run is lightning fast compared to this company.

The only time I know of it happening is when the publisher of Streets of Rage 4 went behind LRG's back and sold a slightly different standard edition copy of SoR 4 that had the same street date as the digital game and a bunch of people (myself included) canceled orders to get a copy on the actual release date.
I do wish that LRG had a stronger schedule of releasing at the date a game is coming out when they're dealing with new titles not old digital only stuff. We know the all patches on disc/cart mantra is gone so might at well let people play games when they come out

Does it not disturb anyone else that there is a nonzero probability of dying before they even get their games from this company

Like, imagine, you get hospitalized, and the last things you can think of "..damn..4 months until my Shantae Rehash #73 collector's edition for the newest console....i'll never get to put it on my shelf and never play it"

Does it not disturb anyone else that there is a nonzero probability of dying before they even get their games from this company

Like, imagine, you get hospitalized, and the last things you can think of "..damn..4 months until my Shantae Rehash #73 collector's edition for the newest console....i'll never get to put it on my shelf and never play it"
Go touch grass

bread's done
Back