Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
My point made by a new announcement from LRG... not just a game, but 15 different SKUs all filled with tomorrow's landfill today.

Just. Release. Games. Ugh.

Any word on when Hifi Rush is going up for preorder? I would imagine it would be around March 19, the release date for PS5.

Wait.. hold up, they made a NEW Rugrats game? Like does Rugrats have such a major following where a new game made sense? Like I can see new TMNT or SpongeBob games since those are popular franchises but I don't think Rugrats has the same level of followers, does it?

Wait.. hold up, they made a NEW Rugrats game? Like does Rugrats have such a major following where a new game made sense? Like I can see new TMNT or SpongeBob games since those are popular franchises but I don't think Rugrats has the same level of followers, does it?

In the immortal words of Tri-State area news legend, Ernie Anastos, they gotta "keep fucking that chicken".

Bunch of LRG games are on sale at Amazon:
A Little Golf Journey $24.99
Atari Mania $24.99
AVICII Invector: Encore Edition $19.99
Ayo the Clown $19.99
BATS: Bloodsucker Anti-Terror Squad $19.99
Catlateral Damage: Remeowstered $19.99
Demon's Tilt $19.99
Demons of Asteborg $19.99
Fabraz Presents Vol. 1 $19.99
Gunbrick: Reloaded $19.99
Horror Tales: The Wine $19.99
Outbreak Collection Part 2 $24.99
Outbreak Collection Part I $24.99
Outbreak: Contagious Memories $24.99
Raiden 30th Anniversary $39.99
Riverbond $24.99
RPGolf Legends $19.99
Sheepo $19.99
Strife: Veteran Edition $19.99
Supraland $19.99
Toodee and Topdee $19.99
Toy Soldiers HD $24.99

It got a reboot (in an uglier graphical style) so who knows. It was more popular than SpongeBob until nickelodeon canceled the series.

It won the kids choice awards every year until its cancelation except for one year iirc. where Simpsons won instead. and I think it may have been before rugrats was out but not certain.

Rugrats reruns used to average viewer numbers higher than most new episodes of regular TV shows.

I see an additional 5% off coupon for this to. This had been out of stock since near release, so maybe they printed more somehow, but I'd jump on it for whoever wants it.
same here. missed 1st time but save $10 this time is great deal. Kinda sad Eldest souls (S) never come back

Almost shelled quite a bit of $$$ for a PS4 copy of Outer Wilds.. but I just saw on the CAG feed it's coming to PS5 and from iam8bit.

Confirmation of new stuff getting shipping priority from Josh (fuck your old orders, I guess):

The good news is that after months and months of working on whittling that backlog with this strategy they've reduced it from 30,000+ orders in November to 30,000+ orders this month. Oh, wait...

The old stuff is buried under the new stuff... what do you expect him to do? Make rational business decisions? Come on... that would make sense.

Also... am I crazy, or did LRG not do some "clear out old shit" sale this year?

The old stuff is buried under the new stuff... what do you expect him to do? Make rational business decisions? Come on... that would make sense.

Also... am I crazy, or did LRG not do some "clear out old shit" sale this year?
I always find some sense of humor in applying LRG's business logic to other professions. "Sorry we didn't get your oil changed on time, we're focusing on other cars right now but maybe in a few weeks we'll get to it." or "Hey boss, I missed that project deadline so I'm just going to focus on the next project instead!" You'd be out on your ass in a month.

The "clear out old shit" sale is the Blowout sale. It was moved to May 27 but they only announced that on their blog and Discord (as far as I know), citing clearing out the backlog (I think a theme is developing): https://limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/digital-digest-january-2024

For what it's worth though, more and more of their stuff is available at sites like VGP or PNP and standard editions aren't getting marked up to nearly the extent they were in the late Vita days. More power to you if you want to buy direct, but there are faster and (potentially) cheaper options now.

For what it's worth though, more and more of their stuff is available at sites like VGP or PNP and standard editions aren't getting marked up to nearly the extent they were in the late Vita days. More power to you if you want to buy direct, but there are faster and (potentially) cheaper options now.
I stop buying from LRG ever since they stop taking paypal may just start buying from VGP from now on

I stop buying from LRG ever since they stop taking paypal may just start buying from VGP from now on

I placed one final order with them because I really wanted EL Shaddai for Switch and since I was already ordering I added Rocket Knight Collection.
I am not going to order anything from them again until they add PayPal as a payment option and it has to be something I really want to own from their numbered collection. VGP seems like a better option if I really want a standard numbered release.

I also at this point may never order anything from them again because I'm super frustrated that it is taking over a month now to ship my order from 2022. I'm currently on week 7 of waiting and from what I have read and others are saying that old orders are not a priority so buying from them is no longer something I feel is necessary.

I placed one final order with them because I really wanted EL Shaddai for Switch and since I was already ordering I added Rocket Knight Collection.
I am not going to order anything from them again until they add PayPal as a payment option and it has to be something I really want to own from their numbered collection. VGP seems like a better option if I really want a standard numbered release.

I also at this point may never order anything from them again because I'm super frustrated that it is taking over a month now to ship my order from 2022. I'm currently on week 7 of waiting and from what I have read and others are saying that old orders are not a priority so buying from them is no longer something I feel is necessary.
I recently had the same issue with stuff pending shipping. I sent them a couple emails bitching and miraculously they shipped 2 days later.... Might try that.

The "old stuff is already delayed" excuse is insane. As explained above, think about it from the perspective of other companies. First in first out is as fair as it can be. The more logical reason is they can't reach the old stuff in the warehouse when the new stuff is piled on top of it or the new stuff has bigger IP owner names attached to it.

I recently had the same issue with stuff pending shipping. I sent them a couple emails bitching and miraculously they shipped 2 days later.... Might try that.
Oh I have tried and their customer service said three times it will ship eventually, we don't know where your order is in the shipping queue and you will receive a shipping confirmation email once it ships.

It pretty obvious that they are trying to prioritize new orders and any games in the order backlog is not a priority. Basically I feel they think you've been waiting this long what is another month or two on in in stock item you ordered in October of 2022.

I have received some of the newer in stock items very quickly after they arrived at LRG like Castevania Advance Collection and my order for Trip Word DX and GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon.

I only have two orders left so one I placed recently for El Shaddai and Rocket Knight and the one from October 2002 with Enclave HD, River City Girls 2 and Oceanhorn 2.

Gamers: "We want faster shipping times"
LRG: "We can speed things up if we ignore all the old orders...."
Monkeys Paw:
Wish Monkey Paw GIF by Leroy Patterson

They are going for the “burn less bridges” philosophy. It makes sense from a customer review perspective. They don’t care about people already mad at them and simply trying to make happy new customers. Better to have recent 5 star reviews instead of 3 star and below all the way down.

No idea why anyone still supports this company, outside of an occasional must-have release. It's what allows their bad business to keep operating the same way it always has. The service is abysmal. Yet people keep shopping there. I've learned that many of the loudest complainers on here are also huge customers. I don't understand it either.

It's like all the crappy Western movies being released theatrically in the 60s for over a decade, or post-MCU and DC movies today. Those releases continue ad nauseam until customers simply stop going. That's how Westerns died. People stopped going.

It's the same with LRG. People keep supporting it. These insane CEs wouldn't exist if idiots didn't keep buying them.

I actively hope that they never get a single title that I want to buy.

I don't know what degree Josh got, but you'd think if he was at all involved in Computer Science he would understand FIFO and respect it as a sound method for processing orders.
I'm gonna guess he was skipping CS class on FIFO day to pick up Phantasy Star Online from GS. He probably did make it to class on LIFO day.
They are going for the “burn less bridges” philosophy. It makes sense from a customer review perspective. They don’t care about people already mad at them and simply trying to make happy new customers. Better to have recent 5 star reviews instead of 3 star and below all the way down.
Holy shit - you might be right. That means I won't get my copy of D: The Game Collector's Edition (3DO) [ordered Feb 2023] until 2027!

You answered your own concern. Sometimes there just isn't anywhere else to get a physical copy of a given game.
Considering LRG's original mission was preservation of games through physical media, this has ironically made me more open to digital purchases. Between the company being what it is, the markup from digital (especially on-sale digital), and nebulous wait times, the premium often isn't worth it in my mind anymore. I don't have any open pre-orders with them, though I did buy Castlevania Advance through VGP.

Me, with no open pre-orders and enjoying my import English copies of games

Happy Water GIF
I mean, at this point there’s just no excuse anymore. It’s a manpower issue, they’re too stingy to hire more people and too greedy to move fulfillment off to a third party.

To my knowledge they haven’t actually failed to fulfill anything yet (shiren PC, notwithstanding) but when I can preorder one of their releases from Target or Amazon (Jurassic Park collection most recently) and not have to concern myself with a question of whether I’m risking my money AND get free shipping? They got rid of trading cards, doesn’t seem like they’re doing exclusive covers anymore, there’s literally no upside to ordering from them direct anymore… well unless I want a bunch of useless extra plastic crap I guess.

Oh, funny story on that also. A few months back I was skimming eBay sales and managed to snag an unsealed/opened but mostly untouched Shedders Revenge Radical Edition for PS4 for around $70 shipped. They were selling those things for $200 plus shipping at one point. Looking at sold auctions, brand new ones are maybe getting a bit above the original selling price but some are going for much less. The re-sellers gravy train seems to be losing steam as well.

There are still some reasons, from a fan or collectors standpoint, to buy direct. My order yesterday was for the 'Radiant Silvergun' steelbook edition, which, to my knowledge, wasn't available elsewhere, and the NGPC Vol. 2 collectors edition. As annoyed as I was to see Amazon get the steelbook for this, after opening it up and going through the art/history book, as a major NGPC fan, it was totally worth it to me.

I want to be clear: this doesn't excuse the wait times for production nor shipping once the items are at their warehouse.

It's just a case of not being able to get these specific items elsewhere. That's why, despite my feelings towards LRG, I still buy from them on occasion. I have two orders with them currently: the first from about a year ago with 'The Legend of Tianding' for Switch (an impulse buy) and 'Trip World DX' for GBC (in honor of my sister because she would've love it, and I mentioned this last year), the latter of which I don't think has been available physically for GBC officially elsewhere? That has also been sitting in a shipping state for a couple of months now.

The second order is for 'Shantae: Pirate's Curse' (3DS) (a game I don't own physically nor on 3DS and this is cheaper than aftermarket prices), 'El Shaddai' and 'Rocket Knight.' 'El Shaddai,' so far, isn't available elsewhere and is $5 cheaper than the multi-language release. 'Rocket Knight,' given LRG's track record for Konami releases, probably won't be elsewhere either.

VGP notwithstanding, but they buy from LRG anyway, so it's not like anyone is circumventing LRG by ordering through VGP. It just cuts down on wait time ONCE an order is placed with VGP.

I will be putting in an order by the end of the month for 'Shantae Advance' and 'Pentiment.' Neither of which will probably be available elsewhere without a markup.

At this point, LRG is a necessary evil for some things. I hope, HOPE, that LRG will catch up to old orders sooner rather than later, and they can then concentrate on shipping recent orders faster. We'll see.

Last edited:
There are still some reasons, from a fan or collectors standpoint, to buy direct. My order yesterday was for the 'Radiant Silvergun' steelbook edition, which, to my knowledge, wasn't available elsewhere, and the NGPC Vol. 2 collectors edition. As annoyed as I was to see Amazon get the steelbook for this, after opening it up and going through the art/history book, as a major NGPC fan, it was totally worth it to me.

I want to be clear: this doesn't excuse the wait times for production nor shipping once the items are at their warehouse.

It's just a case of not being able to get these specific items elsewhere. That's why, despite my feelings towards LRG, I still buy from them on occasion. I have two orders with them currently: the first from about a year ago with 'The Legend of Tianding' for Switch (an impulse buy) and 'Trip World DX' for GBC (in honor of my sister because she would've love it, and I mentioned this last year), the latter of which I don't think has been available physically for GBC officially elsewhere? That has also been sitting in a shipping state for a couple of months now.

The second order is for 'Shantae: Pirate's Curse' (3DS) (a game I don't own physically nor on 3DS and this is cheaper than aftermarket prices), 'El Shaddai' and 'Rocket Knight.' 'El Shaddai,' so far, isn't available elsewhere and is $5 cheaper than the multi-language release. 'Rocket Knight,' given LRG's track record for Konami releases, probably won't be elsewhere either.

VGP notwithstanding, but they buy from LRG anyway, so it's not like anyone is circumventing LRG by ordering through VGP. It just cuts down on wait time ONCE an order is placed with LRG.

I will be putting in an order by the end of the month for 'Shantae Advance' and 'Pentiment.' Neither of which will probably be available elsewhere without a markup.

At this point, LRG is a necessary evil for some things. I hope, HOPE, that LRG will catch up to old orders sooner rather than later, and they can then concentrate on shipping recent orders faster. We'll see.
I think we’re largely on the same page. Despite the tone of my post, I’m not boycotting direct orders from them, but I will say this is literally the first time since all the way back to Skullgirls for Vita that I haven’t had a single open order with them, and it’s been that way for quite a few months now.

There will certainly be exclusives from them in the future, and this reasons to order, but for me personally, the bar to order from them is much, much higher than it used to be.

Edit-oh, and I am still pretty salty about Bird King for Vita…

I was thinking about the preorder/production period for 'Skullgirls' on Vita just a few days ago. LRG's very first preorder was fraught with delays, changes and shipping issues. If the company had been smart, they would've learned from that and taken steps to prevent it, but they didn't. And here we are.

bread's done
Back