Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I was thinking about the preorder/production period for 'Skullgirls' on Vita just a few days ago. LRG's very first preorder was fraught with delays, changes and shipping issues. If the company had been smart, they would've learned from that and taken steps to prevent it, but they didn't. And here we are.

Skullgirls was also a hampered by the game not being complete, they were using the preorder funding to acquire some content (voice work?) and that ended up having issues locking it down. It was more like a kickstarter approach to a preorder.

They really should have learned a lesson from that and applied it across the board. But they probably only learned that you can really stretch this stuff out for a couple years and while people will complain... it'll all work out in the end.

So I received an email today from Strictly Limited about production times.

RAY’Z ARCADE CHRONOLOGY: June 2024 Like WTF is going on with this game. Four more months I have to wait. Ridiculous.

I going to email them and ask them to ship my copy of Drainus separately and see what happens.

The getter of games is likely a good fit for Doug.

I hope they to bring good stuff to physical and not go for volume of plastic garbage filled CEs.

Just. Release. Games. And in a timely, reliable fashion. If you do that, you're beating the rest of the industry right now.

Good luck, Doug. And keep a healthy distance from social media.
Thanks, I appreciate that.

We plan to keep it one per month, and not everything will be limited or have a CE. Nothing will be made until the game code is ready for printing either.

So I received an email today from Strictly Limited about production times.

RAY’Z ARCADE CHRONOLOGY: June 2024 Like WTF is going on with this game. Four more months I have to wait. Ridiculous.

I going to email them and ask them to ship my copy of Drainus separately and see what happens.
I got this too. The retail version has been out for some time now, so what is taking this one so long? That email also included a 5% off coupon. Why would I want to purchase more from SLG at this point?

The email also says they've been updating each listing with the production status, yet none of the games I'm waiting on have an update. I did get an email not long after asking if I want to finish my purchase because I looked at 'Steel Empire.' Why yes, I would like to finish my purchase...since I preordered it almost a year ago!

They won't split the order. I asked they said no. Implementing a new system. This is probably continuing to be delayed because of the prototype game R-Gear that is include in this release or RayForce that is not included in the retail release. I really hope this is actually sorted out by June.

I've learned not to order any limited release with another item this past year. I'm still waiting my Bomb Rush Cyberfunk from iam8bit because I added the vinyl to the order and it's not out yet. They claim to be holding the game despite it being shown sold out for quite some time now.

Serinity Forge sent out Doki Doki and Paradise Killer today finally. yay!

Thanks, I appreciate that.

We plan to keep it one per month, and not everything will be limited or have a CE. Nothing will be made until the game code is ready for printing either.

Awesome to read you again!! Hope you've been well. :)

The email also says they've been updating each listing with the production status, yet none of the games I'm waiting on have an update

It's a bug on their website (of course there's a bug), the updates will only show for accounts based in Europe.

They won't split the order. I asked they said no. Implementing a new system. This is probably continuing to be delayed because of the prototype game R-Gear that is include in this release or RayForce that is not included in the retail release. I really hope this is actually sorted out by June.

That's odd because they split my order just two weeks ago. Sent me three games, three others of that order remain.

Anyone know how Iam8bit preorders work? I see a Sea of Stars CE there but nothing about when they cut-off preorders... since I'm paying now, would rather just wait until the end before I pre-order.

Anyone know how Iam8bit preorders work? I see a Sea of Stars CE there but nothing about when they cut-off preorders... since I'm paying now, would rather just wait until the end before I pre-order.

It's been a while, but I verified with them and they ship in the order in which they received the orders. So the later you order, the further down you are on the list to get it shipped. How much of a delay that will add, I'm not sure. It's been a few years since my last preorder with them.

I'm more interested in a physical Dave the Diver tbh.

200.gif

I'd love a Dave the Diver physical, here's hoping anyone but LRG or First Press gets it.

DAVE THE DIVER: Anniversary Edition - Nintendo Switch​

https://www.amazon.com/DAVE-DIVER-A...da-9afa-9a45a998892c&pd_rd_i=B0CXS7FTPY&psc=1

I'm genuinely not sure I understand what Pentiment is... art style seems interesting and the setting is something I don't think has been done in any game before, but I can't tell if it's an RPG or what.

Interesting I wonder if Sea of Thieves will get a PS5 release from them then. At first I thought it and Grounded wouldn't since they were online only games but maybe it will.

On a side note... just realized how mind-blowing it is to see the Xbox logo on a Sony console game case. Not nearly as mind-blowing as the Sega logo on a Nintendo case, but still... crazy to think after 3 generations of Sony vs MS, this is how the 4th one is going.
1711255165878.png

Morning. Couldn’t find this info, maybe didn’t look hard enough honestly. But will Pentiment be sold anywhere else? I know they have their Amazon storefront, but just checking. I played the game on my SteamDeck and loved it, want a copy for PS5. Just don’t know if I need to preorder today before the cutoff. Thanks :)

Morning. Couldn’t find this info, maybe didn’t look hard enough honestly. But will Pentiment be sold anywhere else? I know they have their Amazon storefront, but just checking. I played the game on my SteamDeck and loved it, want a copy for PS5. Just don’t know if I need to preorder today before the cutoff. Thanks :)
It's a numbered release, so it might show up on their Amazon storefront, and I'm sure VGP will have slightly more expensive copies at some point.

I didn't take any chances and put an order in with a few others that likely won't see release elsewhere. I still had a coupon code, so it covered more than shipping.

It's a numbered release, so it might show up on their Amazon storefront, and I'm sure VGP will have slightly more expensive copies at some point.

I didn't take any chances and put an order in with a few others that likely won't see release elsewhere. I still had a coupon code, so it covered more than shipping.

Curious, what else did you order? Looking at their page- I hate to say it, but there's a ton I want (Shantae and Grandia for sure, maybe Contra) but not sure if I want to order anything together since that just means shipping delays or dealing with hassle of splitting an order.

Curious, what else did you order? Looking at their page- I hate to say it, but there's a ton I want (Shantae and Grandia for sure, maybe Contra) but not sure if I want to order anything together since that just means shipping delays or dealing with hassle of splitting an order.
Lol those three games actually, for Xbox. Shantae on GBA of course. I kept the order together, and it estimates a shipping of September or October, I don't remember. Separate orders was about $11 more.

After a long 9 and a half week wait I finally got a shipping notice from LRG for Enclave HD PS5, Oceanhorn 2 and RCG 2 on Switch. It is a miracle!

I currently have one open order (El Shaddai and Rocket Knight) but I have been contemplating placing a order for Contra OG and Grandia HD for Xbox. Kind of glad both preorders close on April 14th. Give me time to think and also see what else they have in store in the coming couple of weeks.

Danmaku Unlimited 3 PS4 standard arrived in the mail today! I think that is the last game I had ordered from LRG. I want Contra: Operation Galuga PS5 but will probably buy that somewhere else.

That's cool...orrrrr the 'Far Cry Compilation' is readily available for Xbox 360, which has discs for 'Far Cry 2,' 'Far Cry 3' and even 'Blood Dragon' for around or less than $20 and it's backwards/forwards compatible for Xbox.

There's also a PS3 version, though that obviously doesn't work on PS3/PS4, so there's that.

That's cool...orrrrr the 'Far Cry Compilation' is readily available for Xbox 360, which has discs for 'Far Cry 2,' 'Far Cry 3' and even 'Blood Dragon' for around or less than $20 and it's backwards/forwards compatible for Xbox.

There's also a PS3 version, though that obviously doesn't work on PS3/PS4, so there's that.

You can't get the fake vhs box with the 360 version for $30 more.

If I'm remembering correctly, the 360 versions are definitely the superior versions for those.

Last edited:
If I'm remembering correctly, the 360 versions are definitely the superior versions for those.
Funny enough, most games that came out on both PS2/Xbox & PS3/360 perform as good or better on the Microsoft console and are cheaper in the 2nd-hand market. A few examples off the top of my head are Bayonetta, Silent Hill 2, Fatal Frame, & Max Payne.

I'm sure a few exist...but at the moment I honestly can't think of a game where the PS2/PS3 version is definitively better (meaning faster load times, graphical clarity or fidelity, sound quality, etc) than the Xbox/Xbox 360 version.

Funny enough, most games that came out on both PS2/Xbox & PS3/360 perform as good or better on the Microsoft console and are cheaper in the 2nd-hand market. A few examples off the top of my head are Bayonetta, Silent Hill 2, Fatal Frame, & Max Payne.

I'm sure a few exist...but at the moment I honestly can't think of a game where the PS2/PS3 version is definitively better (meaning faster load times, graphical clarity or fidelity, sound quality, etc) than the Xbox/Xbox 360 version.
There's a couple, but one I recently realized was the first 'Spy Hunter' remake. I had the Xbox version 20 years ago, and always thought the entire game took place at night. I recently got the PS2 version, and it's literally night and day. Like, the PS2 version looks like day. To me, this makes the PS2 version slightly better. This was known back when it was released, but I just found out. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 is also a well known example. Idk about the PS3/360. The 360 versions always seemed better.

There's a couple, but one I recently realized was the first 'Spy Hunter' remake. I had the Xbox version 20 years ago, and always thought the entire game took place at night. I recently got the PS2 version, and it's literally night and day. Like, the PS2 version looks like day. To me, this makes the PS2 version slightly better. This was known back when it was released, but I just found out. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 is also a well known example. Idk about the PS3/360. The 360 versions always seemed better.

I think the Xbox was notably more powerful than the PS2, so pretty much every Xbox release was better than the PS2 release. Hell, some Xbox games look down-right impressive still on HDTVs still if you have component cables (and hardware that still accept component inputs).

It got more complicated on the PS3 vs 360, since 360 was easier to develop for but if you look at some PS3 vs 360 exclusives, PS3 exclusives were just on another level visually. Digital Foundry used to do some crazy comparison during the PS3 vs Xbox days. I'm pretty sure FFXIII and Arkham Asylum were two games where the PS3 version was better visually. Of course when it came to load times, the 360 almost always won because most every game could be installed on HDD.

I think the Xbox was notably more powerful than the PS2, so pretty much every Xbox release was better than the PS2 release. Hell, some Xbox games look down-right impressive still on HDTVs still if you have component cables (and hardware that still accept component inputs).

It got more complicated on the PS3 vs 360, since 360 was easier to develop for but if you look at some PS3 vs 360 exclusives, PS3 exclusives were just on another level visually. Digital Foundry used to do some crazy comparison during the PS3 vs Xbox days. I'm pretty sure FFXIII and Arkham Asylum were two games where the PS3 version was better visually. Of course when it came to load times, the 360 almost always won because most every game could be installed on HDD.
Oh yeah the original Xbox was far and away more powerful than the other systems at the time. I thought we were just talking about multi-platform games.

Oh yeah the original Xbox was far and away more powerful than the other systems at the time. I thought we were just talking about multi-platform games.

We are- but I was just making a comment that on the PS3 vs 360, I think the PS3 is probably more powerful if devs could actually figure out the hardware like Sony's studios could. But in most cases, equal effort on both consoles prob resulted in a better looking product on the 360.

bread's done
Back