Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
As for the Switch, you really shouldn't agonize over missing a preorder. It's never going to be rare like these LRG games, so even if you miss an initial preorder, you'll be able to get one no problem. And if you can't, due to Nintendo's asinine product limitations to stoke demand, you'd be better off just skipping it completely.
Can you please keep your Nintendo trolling trash out of this thread? It's not appropriate and many of us own and enjoy lots of Nintendo products and your constant bitching about how terrible they are adds nothing to any discussion here.

Ooo can I be part of the problem, too?

IMG_2955_zpsazm6cyqg.jpg
You're not even displaying them right! We can't even see the glorious Y-folds!

Maybe the Doomsayers should calm down a bit and stop feeding the hype machine that will make your games sell out faster.

A lot of people here weren't going to buy Aqua Kitty, but you're doing a great job convincing them otherwise.

Can you please keep your Nintendo trolling trash out of this thread? It's not appropriate and many of us own and enjoy lots of Nintendo products and your constant bitching about how terrible they are adds nothing to any discussion here.
I must have missed the announcement that you were made a mod? You weren't?

Then STFU with your high-handed garbage. People are allowed to state opinions here, even if they happen to go against your precious company. Get a life.

Huge Nintendo fan here , I will get a Switch day one, but there's not cause to defend Nintendo for their negligent and terrible business practices especially with respect to product availability and forced scarcity.

I must have missed the announcement that you were made a mod? You weren't?

Then STFU with your high-handed garbage. People are allowed to state opinions here, even if they happen to go against your precious company. Get a life.
The hostility and derailing isn't helpful. It doesn't take a mod to figure that out. I both love Nintendo and also recognize that many of their products are extremely lacking. But I also recognize that this isn't the thread for that.

Sent from my ZTE Axon 7 using TapaTalk.

The print runs are low because we felt like the games had limited appeal versus a bigger title like Firewatch or Oddworld. If we printed too many copies of a game with limited appeal, we'd end up sitting on them forever with no hope to move them. Neither Curses 'N Chaos nor Aqua Kitty have reversible art nor cover variants and both will be limited to one per customer. I don't suspect anyone will have issue getting them. Response to these has been relatively mixed (see the previous shovelware comment) so we expect we'll be right on the money in terms of total units. Don't let the response fool you, though - these are still great games.

Oxenfree is 4,500 units so really no need to worry there.
Any chance we will see Inside/Limbo or Bastion?

Adding them all to the cart at once is a nice idea, but I only want the PS4 versions, I don't want to double up with Vita...

3 games on the same day is craziness. Hopefully the snow holds out. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Adding them all to the cart at once is a nice idea, but I only want the PS4 versions, I don't want to double up with Vita...

3 games on the same day is craziness. Hopefully the snow holds out.
If the plugin I've seen for this works as well as it should, we can create platform specific "bundles" that will add things to the cart in one click but still draw from the individual game's inventory pools. Should be easy enough to create an all-titles bundle, a PS4 bundle, and a Vita bundle. Will have to assess, though.

If the plugin I've seen for this works as well as it should, we can create platform specific "bundles" that will add things to the cart in one click but still draw from the individual game's inventory pools. Should be easy enough to create an all-titles bundle, a PS4 bundle, and a Vita bundle. Will have to assess, though.
I'd super appreciate, this, too. Thanks for looking into it! :D

Just throwing this out there but considering there is a number of us that buy every game you guys put out including both platforms for the same game, do you think there is a way to do a bundle with all five games included?

Awesome, thanks for the reply. You guys are great.

Just throwing this out there but considering there is a number of us that buy every game you guys put out including both platforms for the same game, do you think there is a way to do a bundle with all five games included?
I would like this too. I always buy all your releases, with the exception of PC.

Please add a bundle :)

I interrupt the bitching for just a second, because no one else I know will understand this.....

I GOT A BLUE ODDWORLD!! I GOT A BLUE ODDWORLD!!!! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

(didn't have the cash for the 3 pack so just put in my normal order and hoped for the best! YAY!)

Ok, back to bitching....

Congrats on the blue cover! On a side note, just beat firewatch on the ps4. Fun title, but has anyone else notice a stuttering frame rate issue? 

I tried to play Firewatch and found it anything but "fun"

It's basically just you walking long distances to do mundane tasks while talking back and forth via the radio. I couldn't even finish it. I don't regret buying it, but easily my least favorite LRG release I've purchased so far. Extremely boring to me.

It's basically just you walking long distances to do mundane tasks while talking back and forth via the radio. I couldn't even finish it. I don't regret buying it, but easily my least favorite LRG release I've purchased so far. Extremely boring to me.
Yeah, it's obviously not for everyone. I passed on it after reading some reviews and watching a few videos.

Yeah I agree with chimpmaster, it's not for everyone. It's not a 10 out of 10 or anything but I liked the relaxing visuals and gameplay. The dialog was written well minus a few issues here and there. I just got done playing a bunch of high energy action games so I guess it came at a good time, you know?

Just opened my Firewatch/Stranger's Wrath shipment.  Got it yesterday afternoon but didn't have time to open it at that moment.  The Firewatch was shrinkwrap and not y-fold, but that's not a issue for me as I'm opening it anyhow.  The real surprise was the BLUE COVER Stranger's Wrath!

My immediate reaction,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Seriously there was even the background music playing, granted it was in my head but still.  Anyhow I was hoping I might luck out with it, simply because I liked the artwork the best on it out of the three.

Also on another note, big thank you to Doomstink and everyone at LRG for always putting my games into the protective cases I always order along with them, so I don't have to sit there and frig with them doing it myself.  It helps cut down on my ocd issues and makes me chuckle every time, but that's what I call service. :D

I'm more concerned about if they will be sent in bubble mailers or boxes for the silver case and skullgirls

I'm more concerned about if they will be sent in bubble mailers or boxes for the silver case and skullgirls
I think I read early on that Skull Girls was shipping in a box. And if that is true, I will assume the same for Silver Case. Sending something like this in a bubble mailer is beyond bad, and I think LRG should know that as well as anyone else.

So the protective cases work well for you?

Was thinking about ordering some...

Just opened my Firewatch/Stranger's Wrath shipment. Got it yesterday afternoon but didn't have time to open it at that moment. The Firewatch was shrinkwrap and not y-fold, but that's not a issue for me as I'm opening it anyhow. The real surprise was the BLUE COVER Stranger's Wrath!

My immediate reaction,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Seriously there was even the background music playing, granted it was in my head but still. Anyhow I was hoping I might luck out with it, simply because I liked the artwork the best on it out of the three.

Also on another note, big thank you to Doomstink and everyone at LRG for always putting my games into the protective cases I always order along with them, so I don't have to sit there and frig with them doing it myself. It helps cut down on my ocd issues and makes me chuckle every time, but that's what I call service. :D

Didn't think blue variants were possible if you didn't get the bundle.

Interesting.
Yeah, that was always the third option. The first was buying it at PSX, the second was getting the bundle. The last was getting it randomly in a standard edition order.

There was also the option to return the variant for the standard if that was to your liking, but I doubt anyone is going to take advantage of that option, but stranger things have happened.

So the protective cases work well for you?

Was thinking about ordering some...
Yeah, I like them. Just don't expect them to help protect the contents during shipping or from a nuclear blast and whatnot, they're not that kind of case. They mainly to help against from dust and shelfwear. I usually order a couple when I order so I can throw a few more bucks LRG way. Mainly I get the vita ones, but I do get the PS4 size now and again for my steelbooks.

Congrats on the blue cover! On a side note, just beat firewatch on the ps4. Fun title, but has anyone else notice a stuttering frame rate issue?
Yes. It's bad enough during movement that, combined with the weird FOV, it makes me nauseous. Had to stop playing it.

Silver Case will definitely ship in a box. Skullgirls will follow the same rules for box shipment as any other release at the moment.

Yeah the bigger your operation gets the more of a pain in the ass it becomes trying to juggle square footage in a DC. You guys are at such an exciting point right now, it almost makes me want to be there again but then I remember the sleepless nights and losing weight from stress and I'm not so jealous anymore hah.

I understand if you don't want to  share but I'm curious, how many square feet do you have in your warehouse?

That makes me sad. But details like these are interesting.

You are really too patient with morons like these, who can't understand that just because they don't enjoy a game doesn't mean others can't either. You've no need to justify the games you have released. I'm happy for all of them.
I'm glad they clarified the situation. I wasn't trying to be an A hole. I'm a consumer i have the right to state an opinion or criticize. Plus its a public forum for discussion. I think most people would agree that what LRG has put out aren't the best Indie games. You're always gonna find somebody that likes something, but that's my opinion. There are people who think Aliens Colonial Marines is the best game ever. I'm sure you can find people who like Ninjabread Man.

Aqua Kitty and Chaos are $1 PSN flash sale type games. Last thing i wanna see is something like Race the Sun as a LRG release.

As i said before just because you can have fun with a $1(or free PS+) indie game doesnt mean they are worth or even warrant a $25 physical release. If Aqua Kitty was $25 on PSN would that be too much? Come on.

Huge Nintendo fan here , I will get a Switch day one, but there's not cause to defend Nintendo for their negligent and terrible business practices especially with respect to product availability and forced scarcity.
Same got the hook up with a gamestop manager im not missing it to scalpers believe thay

I'm glad they clarified the situation. I wasn't trying to be an A hole. I'm a consumer i have the right to state an opinion or criticize. Plus its a public forum for discussion. I think most people would agree that what LRG has put out aren't the best Indie games. You're always gonna find somebody that likes something, but that's my opinion. There are people who think Aliens Colonial Marines is the best game ever. I'm sure you can find people who like Ninjabread Man.

Aqua Kitty and Chaos are $1 PSN flash sale type games. Last thing i wanna see is something like Race the Sun as a LRG release.

As i said before just because you can have fun with a $1(or free PS+) indie game doesnt mean they are worth or even warrant a $25 physical release. If Aqua Kitty was $25 on PSN would that be too much? Come on.
I think most people would strongly disagree with you that what LRG has released "aren't the best indie games". Not everyone is going to like every game, but thousands of people are buying every release and actually enjoying them. Frankly, games like Oddworld and Firewatch are games that could easily have been released in large quantities at retail but only LRG figured out a way to get them out there physically.

Contrary to your claims, this isn't a "public forum for discussion". It's a deal sharing forum and it just so happens that the mods have allowed a thread to be created for LRG because of the demand for their releases. You know LRG reads these forums and that LRG posts here. As such, if for no other reason than common human decency, you need to temper your remarks. Frankly, you've been a member here for over a year, you've made nine posts and three of them are critical of LRG. Maybe you should actually try to contribute something positive like an actual deal or help to fellow CAGs because your contributions to the forum to date have literally been worthless.

I'm going to go ahead and deconstruct this, but I first just want to point out that this was rude, childish, and uncalled for. That's as far down to your level as I'll be sinking.
I have one video on YouTube dedicated to sealed collecting. I analyze it to the best of my ability and pose the question of why do people do it when looking at it objectively, rather than through the eyes of "because I'm a collector!". For my own stance after looking at it as objectively as I can, I'm against it. I don't see compelling reasons, and it doesn't fit into any version of how I glean enjoyment from my collection.
My collecting philosophy, and obviously the one that I express on my channel, is that people should buy/collect games that they think are interesting and like--not buying random shit because it's cheap, not buying things they don't even like because they're rare, and certainly not doing either of those while keeping the games sealed.
With that in mind, wouldn't that make my philosophy one that in no way urges or encourages people to rabidly buy up every game that LRG releases to keep sealed for years in the hopes of making $30? In fact, wouldn't it be quite to the contrary? These are rhetorical questions of course, but it seemed like you needed some help understanding all of that.
Apologies for derailing the thread, everyone. It's one thing for someone to be an ass hat on the Internet, but I don't like having my views misunderstood and misrepresented, so that had to be corrected. Carry on!
Also, elephant in the room: What the hell do my views on collecting--which you clearly don't even understand--have to do with my method to easily not miss out on an LRG release? The answer, quite obviously, is nothing.
Sent from my ZTE Axon 7 using TapaTalk.
My only response is a picture is worth a thousand words.

[attachment=25081:FB_IMG_1481884029804.jpg][attachment=25082:FB_IMG_1481884078190.jpg][attachment=25083:FB_IMG_1481884051782.jpg]

Yeah the bigger your operation gets the more of a pain in the ass it becomes trying to juggle square footage in a DC. You guys are at such an exciting point right now, it almost makes me want to be there again but then I remember the sleepless nights and losing weight from stress and I'm not so jealous anymore hah.

I understand if you don't want to share but I'm curious, how many square feet do you have in your warehouse?
The warehouse is probably only about 800 square feet. We have office/warehouse flex space and the office part takes up substantially more space.

Concerning firewatch, are there any secrets to explore for or whatnot?

I got mine but haven't played it yet, I'm finishing doom first.

bread's done
Back