Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Excellent! I don't get these guys... they resell for like $60 on ebay, literally only jacking up the price for people that actually wanted them. After shipping/paypal/ebay fees they are looking at MAYBE $10 profit. Maybe now that his ebay account is going to look like shit he will find a job!?
That's the thing when his orders are canceled it will kill him on ebay. As I think it's like 1/2 % allowed of a seller canceling his orders. Another reason preorders on anything is a stupid idea. As you never know if the preorder get's damaged, lost, ect. I know I talk like a scalper, but it's just common sense and risk/reward (your risking your ebay account over maybe $20) at play. Try getting a new ebay account under your real name, after you screw up over there as paypal keeps every move you make. It use to be a lot different when I first joined 20 years ago in the check and money order days and no 3rd world net access yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the thing when his orders are canceled it will kill him on ebay. As I think it's like 1/2 % allowed of a seller canceling his orders. Another reason preorders on anything is a stupid idea. As you never know if the preorder get's damaged, lost, ect. I know I talk like a scalper, but it's just common sense and risk/reward (your risking your ebay account over maybe $20) at play. Try getting a new ebay account under your real name, after you screw up over there as paypal keeps every move you make. It use to be a lot different when I first joined 20 years ago in the check and money order days and no 3rd world net access yet.
Yeah, I completely agree. At least 50% of all LE games, bundles or sets I have ever ordered arrived damaged, for Amazon, BB, GS, etc. So I've never understood how or why people list items they don't have, and that may not arrive, but it's a calculated risk for some I suppose. All this is going to do is piss off a handful of customers, and for what? A few extra bucks? Yeah, so not worth it.

Anyone know the status of Silver Case and Skull Girls?
For Skullgirls, Ravi said:

The initial plan was to release the lobbies at the same time as the Japanese VO, but we still don't have a signed contract there.

Since Japan is slow and we have no idea when, we decided to split it into two patches - lobbies and JP VO.

Now that the lobby patch is out, we need to test the JP VO patch. Once that passes, then we can make the ISO for the physical release, get that tested, and manufacture it.

Anyone know the status of Silver Case and Skull Girls?
Silver Case is almost there.

Just some last bits and pieces of the set trickling in, and they're good to go.

Stranger's Wrath card deck are also ready to go, so more information next week will come out for them.

Silver Case is almost there.

Just some last bits and pieces of the set trickling in, and they're good to go.

Stranger's Wrath card deck are also ready to go, so more information next week will come out for them.
Cool, maybe I can get my cards sent with next weeks order then.

Hey Square, you think you could add the link to the trade thread to the first post?

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/359615-limited-run-games-trading-thread/page-1
Done, and done.

Also, LRG just sent out an email to everyone about Skullgirls, which we've been discussing for awhile now, but just thought everyone should peek into their inboxes to see the full details, particularly the part about pre-orders in general at the end, which I find very delicious for everyone that constantly talks about doing pre-orders instead. :D

Done, and done.

Also, LRG just sent out an email to everyone about Skullgirls, which we've been discussing for awhile now, but just thought everyone should peek into their inboxes to see the full details, particularly the part about pre-orders in general at the end, which I find very delicious for everyone that constantly talks about doing pre-orders instead. :D
Here's the link from, the devs' website:

http://skullgirls.com/2017/01/skullgirls-limited-run-games-update/?utm_source=Limited+Run+Games+Newsletter&utm_campaign=b3d92d356c-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_01_30&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5a5b46cbe7-b3d92d356c-198085741&mc_cid=b3d92d356c&mc_eid=69c2750cb4

They never said it wasn't guaranteed though.

They just said there's a delay, and issues related to pre-orders, and so on.

I didn't see Shantae getting this much flack when they had to push back their Vita release.

And there are tons of games that always get a push back on release dates all the time, and they weren't guaranteed release dates.  Release dates have been getting pushed back since the beginning of time, so it isn't a new thing that's just for this generation.  The fact is, people who are always complaining about not having pre-orders with their system, should know why it's not viable with the way their model is ran.

It feels that a lot of this anger in this thread is misguided, and just thrown towards them because they are LRG.

Shouldn't offer something if it isnt guaranteed then. Also switch Swapper to 1 for first batch. I know LRG reads this thread

Well maybe and hopefully when you get older and learn how the real world works you will accept the fact that not everything in this world will be exactly as how you think it should be 100% of the time. In the real world not everything (in fact nothing) goes exactly as it was planned 100% of the time. Real life has hiccups, bumps on the roads and in this case unforeseen delays OUT OF THEIR CONTROL.

Jesus people today with their impatience, lack of understanding, and complete disregard for any common sense is maddening. Its always I want it right now, I want it exactly how I think it should be, I am the only person in the world, what I think applies to everyone else in the world also, I speak for everyone, and so on.

And as far as I recall they never had a legal binding contract guaranteeing you or anyone else anything. Dont like it? Get your money back and go away.

I really hope that LRG manages to secure licensing to publish for Switch, would love a Snipperclips physical

This guy again.
"I hate how they do business, but I'm going to keep buying their games and bitch about it."
No need to be a tool about it. Most pre-orders take your money after release. Shouldn't offer pre-orders at all then.

I wouldn't buy their games if i wasn't going for complete vita though

No need to be a tool about it. Most pre-orders take your money after release. Shouldn't offer pre-orders at all then.

I wouldn't buy their games if i wasn't going for complete vita though
The only one being a tool here is you. Most preorders for collectible items require full payment in advance so that the manufacturer actually has funds to manufacture the item. You're confusing this with what stores like Gamestop and others do where you put down a deposit and assuming they decide to deliver your preordered game, you pay it off upon pickup. Of course, they have no real obligation to provide you with anything other than a refund of your deposit. LRG doesn't need your business nor your bitching and most of us appreciate what they did with this release, even if there are some delays along the way.

The only one being a tool here is you. Most preorders for collectible items require full payment in advance so that the manufacturer actually has funds to manufacture the item. You're confusing this with what stores like Gamestop and others do where you put down a deposit and assuming they decide to deliver your preordered game, you pay it off upon pickup. Of course, they have no real obligation to provide you with anything other than a refund of your deposit. LRG doesn't need your business nor your bitching and most of us appreciate what they did with this release, even if there are some delays along the way.
Honestly I don't care if I ever get skullgirls. I think people are taking what I'm saying out of context. I don't collect anything outside of games so I don't really know anything about that process. I've only ordered collectors editions from NIS which takes payment as shipped.

How many of the LRG releases come with physical manuals? It would be cool if LRG required a color manual for every release. That's the one thing I miss the most from previous console generations.

Most would never see the manual even if it were always included. ;)

How many of the LRG releases come with physical manuals? It would be cool if LRG required a color manual for every release. That's the one thing I miss the most from previous console generations.

Is Snipperclips really digital only?

Damn. Guess I won't be buying. I really wanted to play it with my girlfriend who doesnt usually play games.

I figured if Bisaac was getting physical, Snipperclips would be a no brainer.

Stranger's Wrath playing cards are on eBay. Guess that means they aren't far behind...
The listings are pre-orders too.

They probably put them up now that there's more or less a confirmation for them.

The photos they put up are the photos from LRG's twitter page. ;D

Ah...Gotcha.

BTW - appreciated the LRG emails that went out today with updates for The Silver Case and Skullgirls.

The listings are pre-orders too.

They probably put them up now that there's more or less a confirmation for them.

The photos they put up are the photos from LRG's twitter page. ;D

You mean actually open one of these things? Do people really do that? Who woulda thunk it.

Broke down and bought Stranger's Wrath off eBay. Only cost me $24 more than if I had gotten from LRG directly. Now back on track with a complete LRG Vita set.

It's nice of them to send an email about the Silver Case stuff, but this pretty much guarantees that I won't buy another one. Every step of it has been botched, including the Steam keys, which should have been the easiest aspect.

It's nice of them to send an email about the Silver Case stuff, but this pretty much guarantees that I won't buy another one. Every step of it has been botched, including the Steam keys, which should have been the easiest aspect.
Was the Steam key mix up LRG's fault or whomever sent them the keys?

was hoping for 3. u buy 3, u should get 3.
If your referring to the playing cards, those where a bonus for the standard edition of the game, and the blue variant that was included in the 3 game bundle was actually created and sold exclusive for the PSX expo.

I don't believe the map was offered for that game at the expo, so it only stands to reason they won't be including the cards for it either. It was never meant to be sold as the standard version was, but since they had some left, it was offered through their site for those who really wanted it.

I'm happy to get 2 packs of cards, as the variant was a prize all on it's own, no need to get greedy. LOL

Does it matter? They have to have some level of accountability for not checking them before sending them out, since it affected all of them. It's not like there were just a few wrong ones.
Of course it matters. They have been quick to fix problems and open about the whole process. I mean I get that you might be frustrated, but unlike many other companies large and small that try to cover over mistakes or just slide by with providing the minimum, they actually stand behind what they sell and have even eaten the small profit on this release to pay for better quality boxes.

Of course it matters. They have been quick to fix problems and open about the whole process. I mean I get that you might be frustrated, but unlike many other companies large and small that try to cover over mistakes or just slide by with providing the minimum, they actually stand behind what they sell and have even eaten the small profit on this release to pay for better quality boxes.
Mmmm, while the email's tone was couched in "we couldn't ship this because we care about YOU, the CUSTOMER!" rhetoric, the truth is that they don't really have a choice. Shipping those would have just resulted in irreversible damage to their reputation (as if the process so far hasn't done that enough) so those never would have made it out anyway.

Are the cards going to be available during this Friday's batch? I think I remember reading that, they would be available to add to cart for anyone who's ordered SW before and would be shipped with another LRG batch. 

Mmmm, while the email's tone was couched in "we couldn't ship this because we care about YOU, the CUSTOMER!" rhetoric, the truth is that they don't really have a choice. Shipping those would have just resulted in irreversible damage to their reputation (as if the process so far hasn't done that enough) so those never would have made it out anyway.
You're entitled to your opinion, but their reputation is intact with most of us. They will continue to sell out every release and unfortunately for the people that were complaining about them not doing preorders, this probably just means no more preorders in the future.

Almost every video game I have ever preordered like this has been delayed, whether through Fangamer, iam8bit, Kickstarter or LRG.  It comes with the territory and I have come to expect it.  It does make me wonder why these companies don't give a more conservative time estimate for release date considering if you release it earlier than expected it would be a bonus.

bread's done
Back