Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Haha cool!

Wi2UAPul.jpg

As much as I hate them, hashtags are the basis of Instagram. AFAIK, they're the only way for posts to be discovered by people who have no connection to you (either via people they follow or a direct follow). It's stupid, but hashtags drive new follows which is kind of the point of having an IG account.

You can take a quick look at the complete lack of hashtags on our Twitter account to know I'm generally not a fan of them. They're an unfortunate necessity on IG, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I hate them, hashtags are the basis of Instagram. AFAIK, they're the only way for posts to be discovered by people who have no connection to you (either via people they follow or a direct follow). It's stupid, but hashtags drive new follows which is kind of the point of having an IG account.

You can take a quick look at the complete lack of hashtags on our Twitter account to know I'm generally not a fan of them. They're an unfortunate necessity on IG, though.
I was the same. I never used a hash tag non ironically before I used Instagram, but there's no way around it unless you only wanna communicate with the same handful of people who already added you. At least yours are all relevant. I see people just putting in stuff like #girlgamer and #snes on regular posts just for attention.

I guess it's a convenient way to browse though. It's stupid but it works.

I was the same. I never used a hash tag non ironically before I used Instagram, but there's no way around it unless you only wanna communicate with the same handful of people who already added you. At least yours are all relevant. I see people just putting in stuff like #girlgamer and #snes on regular posts just for attention.

I guess it's a convenient way to browse though. It's stupid but it works.
I was just joshing.

never ordered a LRG before, do these games sell out fast once the preorder goes up?
It depends on the games. Some last minutes, hours, and some times days. Some also last seconds, so if your interested, it's best to be ready before hand, so you don't miss out.

The "am" time is always more busy than the afternoon, but I always recommend going with the am first, just in case you have any issues or problems, you then have the pm release for a back up. It's also good for when there are to many games in one day, you can get the more important games early, and then get the lesser ones in the afternoon. But you do have to pay shipping twice in that situation, as shipping is only combined per order, so separate orders, means separate shipping cost.

So LRG is doing that dairus? Any word if there will be a regular edition? Id love to get it but that 100 dollar edition is too tough of a pill to swallow for me, Id rather just have a regular edition of it.

It depends on the games. Some last minutes, hours, and some times days. Some also last seconds, so if your interested, it's best to be ready before hand, so you don't miss out.

The "am" time is always more busy than the afternoon, but I always recommend going with the am first, just in case you have any issues or problems, you then have the pm release for a back up. It's also good for when there are to many games in one day, you can get the more important games early, and then get the lesser ones in the afternoon. But you do have to pay shipping twice in that situation, as shipping is only combined per order, so separate orders, means separate shipping cost.
You might be able to get their customer support to combine after the fact now that they have more traction, maybe

Yeah I'm a little confused on darius, thought this was a limited run exclusive, hope we see a regular price version come also

Yeah I'm a little confused on darius, thought this was a limited run exclusive, hope we see a regular price version come also
It's an LRG exclusive in the US and there will be both a regular version for $60 and this LE for what people speculate will be about $100 (although LRG has not confirmed pricing on the LE yet).

You might be able to get their customer support to combine after the fact now that they have more traction, maybe
Yeah, I only ever had to pay the extra shipping a few times early on, when they had a ton of items up at the same damn time, so I would get what I could in the morning, and then get the soundtrack, or whatever else in the afternoon. Now I only get the Vita games(and nothing else), and one shipping fee is more than enough.

They may be a little better about that now, especially with the extra help. I guess if it ever happens to me again, there is no harm in asking for combined shipping, but I would prefer if it never happens. LOL

Unrelated but since I got no response on the smaller print games thread: did we get any type of word/confirmation on Axiom Verge getting an NA release? Or should I get ready to import? 

Unrelated but since I got no response on the smaller print games thread: did we get any type of word/confirmation on Axiom Verge getting an NA release? Or should I get ready to import?
The developer confirmed it, but considering there are no preorders for any physical version up yet in any region, I don't know what you need to get ready for.

The developer confirmed it, but considering there are no preorders for any physical version up yet in any region, I don't know what you need to get ready for.
Meant if the dev already said no to a NA release, I would need to be ready to pay more... granted not much more but still, so many indie/smaller releases lately is killing me.

granted not much more but still, so many indie/smaller releases lately is killing me.
There have been more of these recently. It seems like every other day or so one of them goes up for sale on Amazon and I cave in and order them. I don't mind this so much, I like smaller, indie-style games. And I like the fact that their physical releases usually start out around $20. I picked up the Olli-Olli collection last week, and I have Deponia incoming.

I think a big part of it is the success of the PS4, and the install base it has been able to accrue since it launched. With the previous generation, you didn't have that substantial audience for a system that was easier to get PC-ported indie games on. The 360 and PS3 were a lot slower out of the gate, and took time to get a solid enough install base to encourage cheaper titles.

There have been more of these recently. It seems like every other day or so one of them goes up for sale on Amazon and I cave in and order them. I don't mind this so much, I like smaller, indie-style games. And I like the fact that their physical releases usually start out around $20. I picked up the Olli-Olli collection last week, and I have Deponia incoming.

I think a big part of it is the success of the PS4, and the install base it has been able to accrue since it launched. With the previous generation, you didn't have that substantial audience for a system that was easier to get PC-ported indie games on. The 360 and PS3 were a lot slower out of the gate, and took time to get a solid enough install base to encourage cheaper titles.
Ps3 was also a harder entry of you weren't using a common engine

Ps3 was also a harder entry of you weren't using a common engine
Yes exactly. There were even instances of large-scale games made with common engines getting delayed releases on the PS3 thanks to the non-standard architecture they used for the system. I seem to recall that the PS3 version of BioShock was a long time coming. (an Unreal Engine 3 game)

Printing physical copies costs money. Most publishers won't pony up the money for physical copies if they aren't assured of enough copies sold to turn a profit. A substantial global install base, such as the PS4 is currently enjoying, makes lower-priced physical copies more viable. So more publishers are willing to take a chance on some of these smaller-scale indie games getting physical releases. Thanks to the standard x86 architecture of the hardware, the growing popularity of cross-platform engines, and the fact that most indie games prove themselves on other platforms to begin with, the risk to a publisher is much lower. They just have to front the money for printing, sell a given number of copies, and reap the profits.

Mmm loves me some x86.

mov eax, cr0

or eax, 0x80000001

mov cr0, eax

jmp 0x0008:penable

penable:

I wonder... While on the topic anyone know if the custom SoCs even support real mode or protected mode or do they just come out of reset in long mode since they don't need to be backwards compatible?

If you got both bundles (Vita/PS4) of Runner2, are you only supposed to get 1 set of sticker/postcard? I know you only get 1 if you order 2x copy of a game for the same system, but I was under the impression you'd still get 1x per console? 

If you got both bundles (Vita/PS4) of Runner2, are you only supposed to get 1 set of sticker/postcard? I know you only get 1 if you order 2x copy of a game for the same system, but I was under the impression you'd still get 1x per console?
It's one card and sticker per game. There's a whole explanation of this posted by me on the forums. It's an expense assumed solely by us and it's actually rather expensive when you break it down, especially considering many people throw them away.

bread's done
Back