Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Doesn't seem like either LRG or Heavy Arm are in the wrong. Both parties just going on the information they have been given and trying to get to the bottom of things. Heavy Arm is very reputable and been nothing but great in my experiences with them. Same goes for LRG. I was curious about the Ys LE as well when Heavy Arm put it up. It was surprising because I hadn't heard anything about an LE being in English. Pretty cool if everything about the LE will be in English, but I have my doubts.

It sort of feels like that the end game would benefit both Heavy-Arms and LRG once all the accurate information has been confirmed.

I don't get why everybody has to be nosy, and coming to the defense of blah blah blah, and yadda yadda yadda when it's clear that the two parties that were "arguing" with one another, are working things out in a more civil, and coherent manner on their own.

If this was anybody else noting this issue with the possibility of the language issue, nobody would claim they were doing it with an ulterior motive to boost up LRG's sales.  However, this issue probably wouldn't have even been brought to light as not just anybody would have the information that LRG had to make note of the possible misinformation in the first place.

At the end of the day, I hope everything works out for Heavy-Arms and LRG, because there does appear to be some confusion in the information being provided out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll prolly buy the creepy beak mask game. Passing on ocean horn. Heard it's a below average mobile wind waker clone?

I kind of wish these guys would slow way down on their releases and schedule, it's becoming a bit much too keep up with financially. You don't see this kind of breakneck release schedule even from places like NISA. I realize they found a profitable niche in the marketplace and wanna make that sweet skrilla, but goodness, I could use a breather. 

I kind of wish these guys would slow way down on their releases and schedule, it's becoming a bit much to keep up with financially. You don't see this kind of breakneck release schedule even from places like NISA. I realize they found a profitable niche in the marketplace and wanna make that sweet skrilla, but goodness, I could use a breather.
We're currently at the mercy of contracts. A lot of games came out of certification at the same time and we only have 90 days from that point to release a game. We want you guys to have a breather too! Unfortunately, we're at a breakneck pace for a bit longer as we clear out titles that have been waiting for release. 2018 will be much slower as we've greatly scaled back how much we're signing.

I probably would have bought every release if time and funds permitted. Doesn't matter to them, these things are selling out.

We're currently at the mercy of contracts. A lot of games came out of certification at the same time and we only have 90 days from that point to release a game. We want you guys to have a breather too! Unfortunately, we're at a breakneck pace for a bit longer as we clear out titles that have been waiting for release. 2018 will be much slower as we've greatly scaled back how much we're signing.
Well, I am certainly glad to hear that. I feel like it's better to have a (much) slower set of solid spread out releases that the real fans can buy up, compared to just releasing a torrent of stuff, that most normal folks can't keep up with. A lot of the buyers who are keeping up at this pace are just gonna be resellers and I'd rather see these copies to go as many collector's and fans as possible. I would rather see you guys do a quality > quantity approach.

I'm sure if you slowed down, people would just start complaining why there aren't enough releases, so lose-lose situation anyways. XD
It's more for us and Sony. Manufacturing can't keep up right now and I'm pretty drained. I've had a new computer at the office ready to set up for 6 weeks and haven't had time because we've been so ridiculously busy.

Also, Night Trap has a notrious history. Thanks to that, it's fairly well-known, despite the lack of critical praise. So you can expect its LRG release to go VERY quickly. It will sell out in seconds, both in the morning and the evening. And you can expect the second-hand price to be as high, if not higher, than you normally see. The demand for this one is going to be big. If you're interested in acquiring a copy, don't wait.
I think Night Trap, Wonderboy and Y's are all going to be extremely quick sellers for LRG in the next few weeks. Really hope I can secure copies of each CE without issue.

I think Night Trap, Wonderboy and Y's are all going to be extremely quick sellers for LRG in the next few weeks. Really hope I can secure copies of each CE without issue.
I agree. I am not buying any games except those three in the near future. I stopped trying to get every release months ago. I was just buying for the sake of buying them even when I wasn't too interested in the actual game. Now I just want games that interest me and I will play and have for my collection.

Well I think I'm going to bow out of the LRG collecting and sell of my Vita collection. Is there any other place oustide of Ebay to sell them? I have been scammed selling stuff there, and prefer not to do business with Ebay anymore. Most of my games are opened as I have played them, but I do have some that are still sealed ( even though I don't know where the LRG cards and stickers are anymore). 

Lol it went from "the end of June will be busy" to "the summer will be busy" to "2018 will be slower."

Thanks, I saved $60 today.

I'll be pickup oceanhorn. But I wonder if those reviews are from the mobile release. It was revolutionary for the platform at the time. I remember enjoying it back then. I imagine it's even better with non-touch controls.

Damn, they took their sweet time getting PR up, I almost just got OH, and was going to come back once it finally appeared. Haven't had a scary day like this in a minute. LOL

Oceanhorn for vita secured. :bouncy:

Edit: Looks like Oceanhorn is already sold out and Plague Road will be shortly too.

And Oceanhorn Vita seems to be sold out already.

Picked up both versions of Oceanhorn since I got both Plague Roads through the Kickstarter.

Oceanhorn was the only one up immediately, so everyone had it in cart, and just sat there for Plague Road to stock, or some panicked and picked it up first separately anyways, lol. ;D

Whew. Got Oceanhorn for Vita as well. Already bought Plague Road via kickstarter. It's been a while since an LRG pickup for me but happy to be back with the games they've got lined up.

oceanhorn gone for vita and ps4 in 3 minutes
Its a little ridiculous that even Oceanhorn is selling out in under 3 minutes. They really need to reconsider these limits of 2 for these small run games, at least until they get an idea of how well they are selling. This doesn't inspire much hope for the actual highly wanted games like Night Trap, Wonderboy and Y's.

Its a little ridiculous that even Oceanhorn is selling out in under 3 minutes. They really need to reconsider these limits of 2 for these small run games, at least until they get an idea of how well they are selling. This doesn't inspire much hope for the actual highly wanted games like Night Trap, Wonderboy and Y's.
I'm just glad I got out while I still could.

Only picked up the Vita games today for someone else because they couldn't make it, so got their back, but otherwise, I could've slept in like I've been for so many Fridays lately. T___T

First time trying to purchase an LRG game, as I'm sure it was for many others given the popularity of Oceanhorn. Sold out while in the cart. Terrible first impression for all these potential new customers. LRG's greediness making it 2 per customer was a big mistake. Good luck getting any of these new customers to ever try to get a game from you again if we can't secure one later.

I don't normally chime in with complaints, as I think most of what they're doing is just fine given the circumstances. The 3,000 (or so) print run games should really be limited to 1 per person, though. I'm sure the thought process is to let people open one and keep one sealed. But that print run is just too low to allow for that. If someone is really one of those 'special' individuals, then they can buy a digital copy to play.

Also, for the record, I got in an order for one copy each of all 4 items, and I have never missed a game release from LRG that I wanted. So this is not coming from a place of salt.

It was fun to watch the horse race today. Official results are in:

Oceanhorn Vita - 2 minutes

Oceanhorn PS4 - 3 minutes
Plague Road Vita - 4 minutes

Plague Road PS4 - 10 or 11 minutes

Oceanhorn was the only one up immediately, so everyone had it in cart, and just sat there for Plague Road to stock, or some panicked and picked it up first separately anyways, lol. ;D
Right there, that was bullshit. Since I'll be busy at the 6 PM run, I had to eat $5.50.

Well I think I'm going to bow out of the LRG collecting and sell of my Vita collection. Is there any other place oustide of Ebay to sell them? I have been scammed selling stuff there, and prefer not to do business with Ebay anymore. Most of my games are opened as I have played them, but I do have some that are still sealed ( even though I don't know where the LRG cards and stickers are anymore).
Could trade them here or on the Limited Run Forums

First time trying to purchase an LRG game, as I'm sure it was for many others given the popularity of Oceanhorn. Sold out while in the cart. Terrible first impression for all these potential new customers. LRG's greediness making it 2 per customer was a big mistake. Good luck getting any of these new customers to ever try to get a game from you again if we can't secure one later.
now let's take a chill pill and calm down a bit. Let's not forget what LRG is doing for the indie gaming community. I buy a type of clothing sometimes that reminds me of LRG. But stuff sells out in 8 seconds. If I don't get something I want I move on. I like the exclusivity of stuff. And it's nice they give two chances. I almost always get something in the afternoon if I've missed it in the mornin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow those went fast. Got VIta version of both. My internet connection was wonky so I must have just slipped in before Oceanhorn sold out. LRG might need to start upping its quantities in the future or at least only allow one copy per person in its morning session.

LOL at everyone complaining today about the 1 minute separation between stocking Oceanhorn and Plague Road.  Now all of the sudden it matters because some people got affected (predictably), but back when I was the ONLY one in this thread advocating for LRG to reduce the separation window between Nova-111 and Dariusburst from "a couple of minutes" to 10-15 seconds, everyone here couldn't wait to get their licks in dogpiling me about how I was a hater, if you don't like it leave, etc.

Wow so this is the first time I have had an issue with the site.  Got the games in the cart and then could not checkout.  I did not get anything.  Have every Vita game they have made ordered directly from them.  I really don't want to go to the secondary market, but Oceanhorn was near the top of my list for a copy.  I should have checked out when Plague Road was not loading...

I don't even see the point of that. I mean buy the time you get it, sell it, pay the ebay fees and hopefully don't get burned...what are you looking at a $15 profit? Seem not worth the effort and I am an ebay seller myself.

If it makes you feel any better, they won't miss you, or any customers like you since they sell out regardless.

Unless you know what you're getting into with LRG, it's probably not the prime setting for you if you planned to casually walk into it and think you'd be able to get away with it.

This is also probably not the best first day to purchase neither since both titles were pretty well wanted, and quantity are on the lower end, so not surprised you weren't able to get in on it, albeit, the checkout process was pretty crappy today with the delays, and slowdown by shopify.

bread's done
Back