Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Here is one I'd like answered but I doubt will be, why are the standard versions of Lawbreakers codes going out when you have people who bought the CE that haven't received them yet?

These guys really needed to get their ducks in a row before ramping up this year but it's pretty obvious they didn't bother. 

Here's my guess

Let's say they produced 5,000 copies of Ys already. What I think will happen is that there will be a 24 hour window for sale and the first 5,000 copies will be shipped immediately while everyone else will wait til the next batch comes in. 

It's kinda cheating for a reprint status but it makes sense.

Here is one I'd like answered but I doubt will be, why are the standard versions of Lawbreakers codes going out when you have people who bought the CE that haven't received them yet?

These guys really needed to get their ducks in a row before ramping up this year but it's pretty obvious they didn't bother.
I thought the CE ones went out first?

Agreed. I bought the CE in the first batch trying to support them branching out into more mainstream releases, and I still havent gotten my code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my guess

Let's say they produced 5,000 copies of Ys already. What I think will happen is that there will be a 24 hour window for sale and the first 5,000 copies will be shipped immediately while everyone else will wait til the next batch comes in.

It's kinda cheating for a reprint status but it makes sense.
That is exactly what I was picturing. And since it was all done in a single sale, it wouldn't be a reprint so to speak (but yea is kinda cheating lol). You still only have a set limited time to secure a copy tho.

That's going to be a damned expensive day for me. Might be the most in a single day I've given to LRG.
Yeah... two covers on the standard, a CE for each system... easily a $200 day right there if you want everything. I'm betting there'll be a vinyl.

This - in a nutshell - captures what is wrong with the industry today.

What ever happened to the most important question - "Hey, you think this game is worth playing?"

Oh well.
I don't think you identified a problem at all. In fact you explained exactly how it is possible for LRG to be successful. If everyone who bought LRG titles did so because they wanted to play the games, they wouldnt have sold 2 versions and 6000 copies of Mutant Mudd. So wtf exactly is your problem with the physical market being injected with cash by collectors to the point where they'll keep digital at bay for a few more years.

I'm curious how Lili will do. It doesn't seem like a game that many people are interested in or want.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This - in a nutshell - captures what is wrong with the industry today.

What ever happened to the most important question - "Hey, you think this game is worth playing?"

Oh well.
That's because the vast majority of games (or pixel updates to last year's tired annual franchise) are no longer worth playing and people have moved on.

I thought Ys Origin was being sold at PlayAsia - that one has English language so exactly what is different or better about the LRG release?

I thought Ys Origin was being sold at PlayAsia - that one has English language so exactly what is different or better about the LRG release?
Aside from the languages, desirability is the other point. North American releases are far more desirable and valuable than a Chinese release with English subs. Throw in the limited nature of it, and here we are. Haha

Has anyone received Bards Gold yet. When I go check my order status it still says unfulfilled for that one and ocean horn and plaque road. Did t think much of it but the BG order is over a month old now. I only jumped onboard the LRG train at Risk of Rain release but they've never taken more than two weeks to ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aside from the languages, desirability is the other point. North American releases are far more desirable and valuable than a Chinese release with English subs. Throw in the limited nature of it, and here we are. Haha

But the LRG release is also english subs, right? If that's the case, I don't mind the playasia version since the whole North America release aspect means/adds nothing for me.

Has anyone received Bards Gold yet. When I go check my order status it still says unfulfilled for that one and ocean horn and plaque road. Did t think much of it but the BG order is over a month old now. I only jumped onboard the LRG train at Risk of Rain release but they've never taken more than two weeks to ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I received mine a few weeks ago but the weird thing is it also says "unfulfilled" in the order history. Plus there is no tracking for some reason.

I received mine a few weeks ago but the weird thing is it also says "unfulfilled" in the order history. Plus there is no tracking for some reason.
I believe that is the same situation for me with Rive. It shows as unfulfilled, but I am pretty sure I got it a while ago.

I know it is quite sad when you can't even remember 100% if you got a game in the mail. I think I have a problem. (1st step of 12 step program complete)

The Bunker is now OOS by the way.  I wonder if LRG mercifully pulled the stock for Black Friday since it was not moving much at all the few times I checked over the weekend.

bread's done
Back