Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I received mine a few weeks ago but the weird thing is it also says "unfulfilled" in the order history. Plus there is no tracking for some reason.
Same for mine, but at the time, I did get a shipping notice that had my tracking info. But on their site, it show unfulfilled, and doesn't have the info there. So I would guess there must be some kind of communications error between their inventory and shipping systems, as I got my shipping and tracking notice, but it never updated on my LRG account for some reason.

Hopefully no one out there is scamming their system, and now trying to get extra copies saying their order didn't arrive. But since I did get tracking for my order, they should have proof on their end, it's just not showing for us.

Well, if they weren't before, they are now. Thanks for giving criminals ideas.
Trust me, criminals need no help in that dept, as the criminal mind is turning 24/7. Sadly, the government won't officially hire criminals(as most run the show), but that's who should be hired in an official capacity to find illegal activities, as they can spot flaws and issues in a system long before regular folks can.

Trust me, criminals need no help in that dept, as the criminal mind is turning 24/7. Sadly, the government won't officially hire criminals(as most run the show), but that's who should be hired in an official capacity to find illegal activities, as they can spot flaws and issues in a system long before regular folks can.
Truth be told, there are criminals aplenty in government right now.

Not sure how true this is, but over at NeoGAF, a user stated that Josh said on Twitter if your a long time LRG fan, open a support ticket and send them a picture of your collection, and they may be able to get you a Night Trap copy if you missed out.

That's pretty cool if true. I looked around on Twitter, but couldn't find the message, but I'm not real familiar with social media and how to use it, so maybe someone else can locate it and post if true.

EDIT: If it is true, I'm sure the not so long term fans will complain, so this is probably going to be another area for LRG "hate", but you can't please 100% of the people, 100% of the time, so F**k It!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how true this is, but over at NeoGAF, a user stated that Josh said on Twitter if your a long time LRG fan, open a support ticket and send them a picture of your collection, and they may be able to get you a Night Trap copy if you missed out.

That's pretty cool if true. I looked around on Twitter, but couldn't find the message, but I'm not real familiar with social media and how to sue it, so maybe someone else can located and post if true.

EDIT: If it is true, I'm sure the not so long term fans will complain, so this is probably going to be another area for LRG "hate", but you can't please 100% of the people, 100% of the time, so F**k It!
Yeah, he did say that... but I can't find where he said it. Twitter is so confusing...

Additionally, this is actually pretty fucked up.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/896928506797576193

Yeah, he did say that... but I can't find where he said it. Twitter is so confusing...

Additionally, this is actually pretty fucked up.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/896928506797576193
Yeah, I don't even have accounts for social sites, so sometimes I can't even look through certain pages unless I'm logged in(which ain't happening).

I saw over the weekend how some guys where trying to extort games, and all I could do was face palm. I get guys like that on Ebay sometimes, when they aren't happy with what I charge for shipping, or just how I do things(how much an item may be listed for). And I'm like, I'm not forcing anyone to buy from me in the first place. Luckily ass clowns like that go right on my "blocked bidders" list, so no future situations will be happening from them.

Can't wait for pics of a storage unit with 1000 games and the quote:

"huge fan here, I buy over 20% of your inventory and sell it for 50% profit, love you guy and love your work!

signed,

ebay seller strip_club_DJ"

Yeah, if you've been collecting from us for a long time and are maintaining a complete set, we'll go out of our way to make sure you can get a copy. We don't want to lose longtime supporters over a single game and we have the 32X variant in production that we can allot some units from. Honestly, we may even take units from that variant to help as many people on the waitlist as we can. It's clear demand is too big here to keep that variant as a rewards exclusive - we'll still honor anyone who already sent tickets in for that variant, but I think we kind of have to do the right thing here.

What matters with regards to the first point about long-time fans/customers is that they actually have our releases still - not just their purchase history. We aren't going to go out of our way to help resellers or long-time customers who don't really care about keeping our games around. We want to help out the true fans who are showing up with every release to buy both the obscure games and the big games.

For anyone still discussing the checkout system, just think about the realities of a system that works any other way and you'll quickly realize that there is no perfect solution.

If we had a cart reserve and 15,000 people tried adding a game to their cart that was limited to 5,000 copies - 10,000 people would immediately be left out in the cold with no chance to get the game unless they stick around and refresh until something frees up. With the current system, all 15,000 people are on a level playing field and have an equal chance to get through check out with what they want. There'd be more frustration with a cart reserve because window shoppers who don't even want the game could hold units hostage. Games would literally be unable to add to cart within a second of a page going live. At least you have a chance with the current system! If you believe some people are using bots, then use a bot, at least the field is still level. For reference, there's no evidence of bots being used or even existing for our site. We're not Nike or Amazon - who is developing bots for us when 90% of our releases don't need such a thing?

No matter what is done with the checkout system, people are going to be left out and they're going to be mad. No solution will satisfy everyone and every solution will have its drawbacks. I think what we have is the fair and easy approach. I think Shopify picked the right way to handle this and I plan to stick with whatever they have in place.

What's being done with Y's to insure everyone gets a copy?  Just curious as this is likely my next purchase.

N++ is just the base N++ and doesn't include the massive update coming for Ultimate Edition correct?  Was there a reason for not waiting for the Ultimate Edition and it's extra 2000 levels and Hardcore mode?  Seems like if any version needs preserved it's that one.

Yeah, if you've been collecting from us for a long time and are maintaining a complete set, we'll go out of our way to make sure you can get a copy. We don't want to lose longtime supporters over a single game and we have the 32X variant in production that we can allot some units from. Honestly, we may even take units from that variant to help as many people on the waitlist as we can. It's clear demand is too big here to keep that variant as a rewards exclusive - we'll still honor anyone who already sent tickets in for that variant, but I think we kind of have to do the right thing here.

What matters with regards to the first point about long-time fans/customers is that they actually have our releases still - not just their purchase history. We aren't going to go out of our way to help resellers or long-time customers who don't really care about keeping our games around. We want to help out the true fans who are showing up with every release to buy both the obscure games and the big games.

For anyone still discussing the checkout system, just think about the realities of a system that works any other way and you'll quickly realize that there is no perfect solution.

If we had a cart reserve and 15,000 people tried adding a game to their cart that was limited to 5,000 copies - 10,000 people would immediately be left out in the cold with no chance to get the game unless they stick around and refresh until something frees up. With the current system, all 15,000 people are on a level playing field and have an equal chance to get through check out with what they want. There'd be more frustration with a cart reserve because window shoppers who don't even want the game could hold units hostage. Games would literally be unable to add to cart within a second of a page going live. At least you have a chance with the current system! If you believe some people are using bots, then use a bot, at least the field is still level. For reference, there's no evidence of bots being used or even existing for our site. We're not Nike or Amazon - who is developing bots for us when 90% of our releases don't need such a thing?

No matter what is done with the checkout system, people are going to be left out and they're going to be mad. No solution will satisfy everyone and every solution will have its drawbacks. I think what we have is the fair and easy approach. I think Shopify picked the right way to handle this and I plan to stick with whatever they have in place.
Wait...Can we still send tickets to get the sealed 32x Variant? Been saving all my tickets for that -_-

What's being done with Y's to insure everyone gets a copy? Just curious as this is likely my next purchase.

N++ is just the base N++ and doesn't include the massive update coming for Ultimate Edition correct? Was there a reason for not waiting for the Ultimate Edition and it's extra 2000 levels and Hardcore mode? Seems like if any version needs preserved it's that one.
I haven't had a chance to discuss Ys with anyone else yet - I can't reveal any details about it until plans are set in stone. I'd rather not give people a chance to get emotional over the potential of it if we don't actually end up taking my proposed path for it.

I didn't know an Ultimate Edition update was coming for N++ otherwise we probably would have pushed to wait. There is a huge amount of content in the base game at any rate. But yeah, hindsight. The physical release is going to be absolutely beautiful, though, with a thick 44-page color manual and a foldout poster. It'll be our heftiest release until Skullgirls comes along a few weeks later (56-page manual and a slipcover on that one).

Equal playing field? That assumes we all have equal devices and connections. Some of us were very obviously better off with the previous arrangement.

I understand you're doing your best but making something that's available during work hours for only about 4 minutes total have a "equal playing field" is simply impossible.

I don't envy you and I can't get your product anymore so I'm starting to become more apathetic anyway.

Wait...Can we still send tickets to get the sealed 32x Variant? Been saving all my tickets for that -_-
Yeah, we'll still put a percentage to the side for that but we are actually producing a decent number of the variant because we had planned/hoped to keep it in stock as a reward for most of the remainder of 2017 and most of 2018. I'd rather make sure some of our long-time fans get the game in general versus someone redeeming tickets for it next March. We're not going back on our word about reprints by pressing more of the game so the variant that is already in production is really the only path forward to help some people out.

Equal playing field? That assumes we all have equal devices and connections. Some of us were very obviously better off with the previous arrangement.

I understand you're doing your best but making something that's available during work hours for only about 4 minutes total have a "equal playing field" is simply impossible.
And how would that change with a cart hold?

Instead of being fastest to checkout (a protracted process), it becomes fastest to click add to cart (a fraction of a second process). With a cart hold, you'd get the added benefit of not even having a chance at the game once that fraction of a second window of opportunity passes. You're screwed at a much faster rate. In either scenario you're at the mercy of connection speeds. You're stretching to find a reason to complain here without thinking about how no other solution truly addresses all the issues here.

Yeah, we'll still put a percentage to the side for that but we are actually producing a decent number of the variant because we had planned/hoped to keep it in stock as a reward for most of the remainder of 2017 and most of 2018. I'd rather make sure some of our long-time fans get the game in general versus someone redeeming tickets for it next March. We're not going back on our word about reprints by pressing more of the game so the variant that is already in production is really the only path forward to help some people out.
Awesome that sounds good for everyone. Pretty sure people will appreciate it but most people will still bitch...So should i send the tickets in right now or wait for the rewards order page to update for the variant? Appreciate the responses!

Hey Josh, you guys are doing a great job, and even when problems do come up, you try your best to make it right, and for that, THANK YOU!

Offering up the variant to help long term fans is very cool, as I had no plans to spend 40 tickets on that anyway, as my NT purchase was for that game, and not so much a complete PS4 set, as that is way out of my price range long term. I may have opted to spend the 10 tickets for just the cover, but I'm holding out for a future Vita item that may be offered, as I have 100% going for that currently.

Also, make sure when you get those pictures, have the users put a label with their email in the pic, or something long those lines, so you guys and confirm the pics are from actually users, and not grabbed from the web some place.

Yeah, if you've been collecting from us for a long time and are maintaining a complete set, we'll go out of our way to make sure you can get a copy. We don't want to lose longtime supporters over a single game and we have the 32X variant in production that we can allot some units from. Honestly, we may even take units from that variant to help as many people on the waitlist as we can. It's clear demand is too big here to keep that variant as a rewards exclusive - we'll still honor anyone who already sent tickets in for that variant, but I think we kind of have to do the right thing here.....
So I haven't been in manufacturing for a while but from what I remember if you had six months you could presell your inventory to determine your MOQ. For retail it's kind of critical because in many cases the stores buy the inventory outright. Now I'm amazed and impressed with what you do but don't follow LRG religiously so maybe you have answered this question already but have you entertained preorders that require full payment to ensure production costs are covered but also much more accurately reflect demand? I only buy a few games when possible and noticed at 6:10 trying to buy a Night Trap copy that I was nine minutes and fifty eight seconds too late. it's not that big of a deal but knowing I can't really police a website these days seems like it's only going to negatively condition a lot people to give up on LRG entirely.

And how would that change with a cart hold?

Instead of being fastest to checkout (a protracted process), it becomes fastest to click add to cart (a fraction of a second process). With a cart hold, you'd get the added benefit of not even having a chance at the game once that fraction of a second window of opportunity passes. You're screwed at a much faster rate. In either scenario you're at the mercy of connection speeds. You're stretching to find a reason to complain here without thinking about how no other solution truly addresses all the issues here.
It changes for me because it's been in my cart each time of the almost 9 items I've missed in the last 3 releases.

Well, maybe not with night trap 6 pm when the PayPal linked me to an error three times.

That last line you typed I'll just leave alone- suffice to say it reads a little less than sympathetic.

It changes for me because it's been in my cart each time of the almost 9 items I've missed in the last 3 releases.

Well, maybe not with night trap 6 pm when the PayPal linked me to an error three times.

That last line you typed I'll just leave alone- suffice to say it reads a little less than sympathetic.
Your missing the point, as even though you had them in your cart, under the "hold" until finished scenario, you may not have gotten those items in your cart to begin with, as it would lock out more people faster under that situation. Then you would have to try and keep refreshing to maybe get one item to show up in your cart, but getting more than one item in that situation will be next to impossible. As josh has stated, this system is far from perfect, but as it is, it's the only option of less than great ones.

Your missing the point, as even though you had them in your cart, under the "hold" until finished scenario, you may not have gotten those items in your cart to begin with, as it would lock out more people faster under that situation. Then you would have to try and keep refreshing to maybe get one item to show up in your cart, but getting more than one item in that situation will be next to impossible. As josh has stated, this system is far from perfect, but as it is, it's the only option of less than great ones.
Nope. Completely understood. I have yet to not get the item in my cart. Until that happened it's just conjecture. I've never been able to add more than one item at a time. That's a completely different idea/ what I have been able to do is miss the first item on the last step, add another miss it too.

I've acknowledged it can't make everyone happy. I wasn't really pissed until I was told what you read above. Not legitimate. Ok.

I appreciate you throwing your body in front of the bullets here but I believe Josh can speak for himself.

Yeah, if you've been collecting from us for a long time and are maintaining a complete set, we'll go out of our way to make sure you can get a copy. We don't want to lose longtime supporters over a single game and we have the 32X variant in production that we can allot some units from. Honestly, we may even take units from that variant to help as many people on the waitlist as we can. It's clear demand is too big here to keep that variant as a rewards exclusive - we'll still honor anyone who already sent tickets in for that variant, but I think we kind of have to do the right thing here.
Had no idea there was a waiting list. Is this a thing now?

As someone who has been keeping up with some of the releases, but doesn't have nearly 40 tickets, and would really love the 32X variant to go with my 32X copy of the game, is there any way to get one?

Just stop. You're not reading what he wrote, nor understanding the issue. If there were cart holds you'd never be able to add it to our cart it in the first place. period. If you think you have problems checking out now, there is absolutely no way you'd be able to cart something. All copies would be gone in a fraction of a second.

They already have an excellent system in place. Better than any other limited item drops that I've seen online. You need to adapt to it, or else move on. Find a way to be at a desktop PC at one end of an eight hour span.

Just stop. You're not reading what he wrote, nor understanding the issue. If there were cart holds you'd never be able to add it to our cart it in the first place. period. If you think you have problems checking out now, there is absolutely no way you'd be able to cart something. All copies would be gone in a fraction of a second.

They already have an excellent system in place. Better than any other limited item drops that I've seen online. You need to adapt to it, or else move on. Find a way to be at a desktop PC at one end of an eight hour span.

Including the 15 second lag before the add button I'm seeing weekly or excluding it?

I love these martyrs and grovellers.

You know, I really can't stand the usual loyalists and promoters on here... But Josh, you really are doing a fantastic job on all fronts regarding the ordering systems you have in-place.  Don't let the current state of affairs alter your perception.  Don't let the millions of idiots on social media get to you.  You've been right on most things from the very start.  Keep doing what you're doing.  Your original vision for Limited Run Games was spot-on. 

But it's in your cart because a cart hold doesn't exist. If a cart hold existed, I can pretty much assure you it would never make it into your cart because you were 1/15,000 people who added the game to your cart. With only 3,000 copies available at 10AM, there's only a 20% chance you would have actually been able to add the game to your cart. That's the whole problem here. At least you had a chance to try and buy the game.

My previous post was a little less than sympathetic because I know you're a smart guy - you're in the medical field - you know how numbers and probabilities work. Just because you've been able to add it to the cart every time in the past with a completely open system doesn't mean you'd have the same level of success under a system where a mere "add to cart" takes an item off the table.

But it's in your cart because a cart hold doesn't exist. If a cart hold existed, I can pretty much assure you it would never make it into your cart because you were 1/15,000 people who added the game to your cart. With only 3,000 copies available at 10AM, there's only a 20% chance you would have actually been able to add the game to your cart. That's the whole problem here. At least you had a chance to try and buy the game.
I get it. We're on the same page with this idea as I've stated a few times. I've also said that it never happened to me before. I've also said I'm pretty fucking lucky to even get to add anything because there's a 15 second lag before I see the button. I'm not an unreasonable person but I can tell from reading these forums that in the last few weeks many folks have experienced this. The bottom line is too many people want the game and my situation does not allow me to be competitive for them at this time. I don't know which way is optimal- can bots just add faster with a purchase limit or can they do the longest part of the checkout faster at a bigger advantage. I trust you, you have the data, but it still sucks to get left out so we can keep the impact of exploiters down.

I appreciate your direct responses and as I said I don't envy your position but personally I'd stick to what you've always done and don't bend on a fucking thing.

So I haven't been in manufacturing for a while but from what I remember if you had six months you could presell your inventory to determine your MOQ. For retail it's kind of critical because in many cases the stores buy the inventory outright. Now I'm amazed and impressed with what you do but don't follow LRG religiously so maybe you have answered this question already but have you entertained preorders that require full payment to ensure production costs are covered but also much more accurately reflect demand? I only buy a few games when possible and noticed at 6:10 trying to buy a Night Trap copy that I was nine minutes and fifty eight seconds too late. it's not that big of a deal but knowing I can't really police a website these days seems like it's only going to negatively condition a lot people to give up on LRG entirely.
That's something we'll look into more in the future but it isn't something that could fit every game. We did it with Skullgirls and that backfired in a pretty big way. We've had no less than 150 PayPal disputes/claims regarding the game and probably about 30 chargebacks. We basically could only try a preorder again on a game that is 100% ready for manufacture in every regard - we'll probably do that in some capacity in the future. It's worth trying so we can at least appease the people calling for it - if it doesn't work out or backfires then we'll have irrefutable evidence that shows we should never do it again.

I get it. We're on the same page with this idea as I've stated a few times. I've also said that it never happened to me before. I've also said I'm pretty fucking lucky to even get to add anything because there's a 15 second lag before I see the button. I'm not an unreasonable person but I can tell from reading these forums that in the last few weeks many folks have experienced this. The bottom line is too many people want the game and my situation does not allow me to be competitive for them at this time. I don't know which way is optimal- can bots just add faster with a purchase limit or can they do the longest part of the checkout faster at a bigger advantage. I trust you, you have the data, but it still sucks to get left out so we can keep the impact of exploiters down.

I appreciate your direct responses and as I said I don't envy your position but personally I'd stick to what you've always done and don't bend on a fucking thing.
What you really want, rather than a cart hold or change to the checkout system, is probably for us to try preorders again in the future. We're going to - just to see if we've been wrong in our thoughts on them. It's worth a shot and I think it could alleviate some of the issues when it comes to really big titles.

You know, I really can't stand the usual loyalists and promoters on here... But Josh, you really are doing a fantastic job on all fronts regarding the ordering systems you have in-place. Don't let the current state of affairs alter your perception. Don't let the millions of idiots on social media get to you. You've been right on most things from the very start. Keep doing what you're doing. Your original vision for Limited Run Games was spot-on.
Agreed. :applause:

Awesome that sounds good for everyone. Pretty sure people will appreciate it but most people will still bitch...So should i send the tickets in right now or wait for the rewards order page to update for the variant? Appreciate the responses!
Might as well send in your tickets now and get ahead of the curve. Just a heads up, the 32X variant doesn't come with the poster in the case since it's being given away at a $24.99 value. It also has no reversible art.

Just to make this clear, the cart hold is how it used to be done.

I remember on certain releases because of the cart hold, people were still able to get a game up to 5-10 minutes after it sold out because some of those purchases fall through and does not complete, so there are rolling copies available after the fact.

To be perfectly honest, I never liked the reason to remove this in the first place as I always felt that was a good way to make sure people don't have to rush through the checkout every time.

Also, add to cart button is slow for everybody, so that's not new neither.  I remember back then it could take up to 30-1 minute sometimes, so just have to just sit there and wait, lol.  Yeah, I know, I hate it as well, but I think it might be a Shopify thing rather than a they're doing it on purpose thing.  I would like to get more clarification on why the buttons don't actually go up on time though, assuming it's not the situation I just explained.

when it comes to online LE drops, clear your browser cache and F5 the item page on two different internet browsers.  I use Firefox and Chrome.

Might as well send in your tickets now and get ahead of the curve. Just a heads up, the 32X variant doesn't come with the poster in the case since it's being given away at a $24.99 value. It also has no reversible art.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm waiting for drive drive drive and the other games to come in so I can send my tickets too.

Since ordering night trap is my 1st time order with LRG. I was just wondering what has been the normal turn around for shipping out games lately with LRG? 2-4 weeks? just curious.

What you really want, rather than a cart hold or change to the checkout system, is probably for us to try preorders again in the future. We're going to - just to see if we've been wrong in our thoughts on them. It's worth a shot and I think it could alleviate some of the issues when it comes to really big titles.
As long as you get a physical copy of salt and sanctuary in my hands I'm good. I'm not a collector and honestly was only even trying to get night trap for shiggles- hated it back in sixth grade even though I did like boobs. I am worried I won't be able to get something I do want. I also feel that feedback and understanding is crucial to having good PR. The fact that you're having these issues is quite a statement to where you are.

Also, add to cart button is slow for everybody, so that's not new neither. I remember back then it could take up to 30-1 minute sometimes, so just have to just sit there and wait, lol. Yeah, I know, I hate it as well, but I think it might be a Shopify thing rather than a they're doing it on purpose thing. I would like to get more clarification on why the buttons don't actually go up on time though, assuming it's not the situation I just explained.
I could be completely wrong about this, but it could be that the script takes a short while to run and load up for the add to cart button to appear. Also with the added pressure on the system of however many hundreds or thousands of people refreshing the site, it would slow things down more.

I haven't had a chance to discuss Ys with anyone else yet - I can't reveal any details about it until plans are set in stone. I'd rather not give people a chance to get emotional over the potential of it if we don't actually end up taking my proposed path for it.

I didn't know an Ultimate Edition update was coming for N++ otherwise we probably would have pushed to wait. There is a huge amount of content in the base game at any rate. But yeah, hindsight. The physical release is going to be absolutely beautiful, though, with a thick 44-page color manual and a foldout poster. It'll be our heftiest release until Skullgirls comes along a few weeks later (56-page manual and a slipcover on that one).
Totally appreciate the response. I hope it's the first batch / preorder hybrid someone mentioned where many get shipped out early and the rest ship when the second batch shows up. That wouldn't upset me in the slightest as it sort of uses my suggestion for how to do preorders without the massive lag. Some games are worth extending the print numbers. I think most gamers will consider this a blessing.

N++ Ultimate Edition... if it were that I'd be more tempted. It's been in the works for PS4 for months and came out on PC around April.

I'm glad you guys are throwing in posters now. That actually was part of what pushed me over the edge on Night Trap. Folded posters reminds me of the NES days.

For the cart locking ... not that one person matters in this but it's kind of like a cock tease with the current situation. That said, now that I have all my info stored and can get in and out super quick using my phone, maybe it'll work out better for me with future games. Ys Origin Vita is likely next ... Dragon Fantasy VoW SE is really my most anticipated LRG release.

That's something we'll look into more in the future but it isn't something that could fit every game. We did it with Skullgirls and that backfired in a pretty big way. We've had no less than 150 PayPal disputes/claims regarding the game and probably about 30 chargebacks. We basically could only try a preorder again on a game that is 100% ready for manufacture in every regard - we'll probably do that in some capacity in the future. It's worth trying so we can at least appease the people calling for it - if it doesn't work out or backfires then we'll have irrefutable evidence that shows we should never do it again.
Skullgirls Vita CE is one of the 4 games I ordered from you so I don't care since the communication has been stellar but I can understand some might be less generous. If you wait for a game that's gone through cert for manufacture it's pretty much impossible it will fail in any catastrophic way. Honestly, I could understand that you might want to not have to run a business with P&L and a customer service department which would be inevitable if you started ordering and selling at a much larger volume. If anything, what I see being inevitable with publishing smaller titles is that the team wouldn't be able to test and cert both digital and physical at the same time creating a lag between the digital and physical release.

I could be completely wrong about this, but it could be that the script takes a short while to run and load up for the add to cart button to appear. Also with the added pressure on the system of however many hundreds or thousands of people refreshing the site, it would slow things down more.
Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking too. I think in general they're just limited by Shopify because of things like this, but I also remember they tried to explore different options, but after some further discussion just stuck with it.

It's never stopped me from getting anything I wanted, but I sort of want it to get fixed so I can stop hearing about it from other people.

Totally appreciate the response. I hope it's the first batch / preorder hybrid someone mentioned where many get shipped out early and the rest ship when the second batch shows up. That wouldn't upset me in the slightest as it sort of uses my suggestion for how to do preorders without the massive lag. Some games are worth extending the print numbers. I think most gamers will consider this a blessing.

N++ Ultimate Edition... if it were that I'd be more tempted. It's been in the works for PS4 for months and came out on PC around April.

I'm glad you guys are throwing in posters now. That actually was part of what pushed me over the edge on Night Trap. Folded posters reminds me of the NES days.

For the cart locking ... not that one person matters in this but it's kind of like a cock tease with the current situation. That said, now that I have all my info stored and can get in and out super quick using my phone, maybe it'll work out better for me with future games. Ys Origin Vita is likely next ... Dragon Fantasy VoW SE is really my most anticipated LRG release.
That was me lol

Just to make this clear, the cart hold is how it used to be done.

I remember on certain releases because of the cart hold, people were still able to get a game up to 5-10 minutes after it sold out because some of those purchases fall through and does not complete, so there are rolling copies available after the fact.
Yeah I remember that. I also remember people kept complaining that they couldn't add the titles to their cart even though the inventory count said they were still well available, due to it not including the number of people with a copy just sitting in their carts in the count. People demanded it be improved because they couldn't get a copy when it said they could. Then the change over with Shopify happened and one result was the inventory count was more accurate, but the same people still complained they were left out in the cold.

So was there any extra's for Skull Girl produced above the preorder numbers? Or will the cancellations be offered for sell at a later time? Just curious.

As far as preorders go, or trying another system, you'll never know until your try I suppose. I was against the original program when first discussed, because at that time, I really didn't see a need or place for it, as things worked pretty well back then. Now with more buyers, a few more popular titles are for sure causing a greater group, a greater amount of problems, so no harm in trying to figure out a solution.

Having a regular presence on boards like this, show how much you guys actually care about correcting issues so that the greatest number can have the greatest experience. Just remember, no matter what, you'll never be able to please them all, and some to want to be pleased to begin with, as they just wanted to start shit!

Doomstink,

Any of the cancelled Vita Skullgirls going to post on the site? I noticed the listing in the sold out games category doesn't have the sold out button. Will they go live closer to shipping time?

That was me lol
I think that prediction was pretty solid. Best of both worlds. I'm looking forward to what they opt to do. I'm GLAD they are open to trying the preorder thing like I suggested. 100% complete game ready for print and they just have to send in a number will go much smoother than skullgirls kickstarter development funding concept.

bread's done
Back