Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Looks like he hasn't left that room since the turn of the century. The sad thing is looks like he's in his mid to late 30's too if not early 40's.
Lol. What do you think the target demographic is for a 60$ night trap collectors. Despite the hip kids who want them to sell them and collect lots of dudes actually lived it.

They're called vampires.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. What do you think the target demographic is for a 60$ night trap collectors. Despite the hip kids who want them to sell them and collect lots of dudes actually lived it.

They're called vampires.
Haha, I was just about to add to your comment before you added in that last part for clarification. ;D

Except instead of blood, this guy sucks the life out of people on youtube.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be though, I was imagining a total blowout.
Yeah, I thought it was going to be worse to, but that was pretty bad just from a normal consumer stand point. Holy crap, if anyone ever sees me posting a video anywhere in the world like this one, each and everyone of you have permission to kick me square in the balls. LOL

When I deal with nitwits on Ebay, I always envision a similar face on the other end of the issues, and I wasn't disappointed here seeing who LRG has to deal with.

https://twitter.com/TotalMK/status/896023569095839745

Looks like he hasn't left that room since the turn of the century. The sad thing is looks like he's in his mid to late 30's too if not early 40's.

Find another hobby besides gaming, find a woman, or at least get some damn sun holy crap. Dude looks like Ted Kaczynski
I was getting more of a Rasputin vibe from him than that of the unabomber. That patchy facial hair on his cheek is pretty impressive. I think finding a woman might be more challenging for him than growing proper facial hair. It would be a funny video even if he were kidding, but the fact that he is serious makes it that much better.

I was getting more of a Rasputin vibe from him than that of the unabomber. That patchy facial hair on his cheek is pretty impressive. I think finding a woman might be more challenging for him than growing proper facial hair. It would be a funny video even if he were kidding, but the fact that he is serious makes it that much better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBXRJgSd-aU

Damn, I looked through the ticket thing, and there's no way to choose what cover art you want for that reward? I ended up with a damaged Firewatch, and I would kill to just replace the artwork that way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Is this guy famous or something? I see all this YouTube and Twitter drama all the time these days and I don't know who any of these people are anymore.
They like to think they are famous.

Well he does have that accent going for him. Chicks dig the British/Australian accent. Not sure if accent trumps patchy facial hair or complaining online about not getting a video game though.

Damn, I looked through the ticket thing, and there's no way to choose what cover art you want for that reward? I ended up with a damaged Firewatch, and I would kill to just replace the artwork that way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Where do they list ticket available items?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

They confirmed they'll have a booth for PAX for the one who asked. Might have an exclusive as well. I'm definitely gonna drop by if anyone is looking for extra postcards they're missing or anything. They usually sell the old stickers/postcards and maybe the actual collector cards this time? Not sure what they're doing exactly

The Skull Girls situation has been a long wait, It's almost been a year since I ordered my Vita copy of the game. I knew it'd take awhile, but it still has been an extremely long wait for a game that has been out for awhile.
That's like me and waiting for JPN games to get localized. *remembers the release of Persona 5.

Honestly, I don't mind the waiting. It's like any other pre order. It could get delayed. But that's the risk you take for preordering a game with reasons ranging from manufacturing delays to quality control. Skullgirls just happened to be "The Japanese Companies taking their sweet ass time to sign the contract and Vita Quality Assurance".

Just saw the video of that dude threatning LRG. Good grief. If he is someone who posts here, please do the world a favor and seek help immediately. What a nutjob.
The problem was right there. He didn't have his shipping information saved. That's like the biggest no no for something as huge as Night Trap. Especially for the Collector's Edition!

They confirmed they'll have a booth for PAX for the one who asked. Might have an exclusive as well. I'm definitely gonna drop by if anyone is looking for extra postcards they're missing or anything. They usually sell the old stickers/postcards and maybe the actual collector cards this time? Not sure what they're doing exactly
We'll have an exclusive cover variant for PS4. We'll also have a vending machine for the new trading cards - $0.50 for a random card. We'll have a ton of quarters behind the counter if you don't come with change handy. No idea if we'll have the free postcards - it's easier to bring those to east coast events since we drive a van to those (the post cards weigh a ton).

Important thing - we'll have a raffle at PAX for one copy of every game we've ever released on PS4 and Vita (standard editions only - no variants, collector's editions, or distributed titles). To enter, just bring the card that will be in your swag bag to our booth and we'll hole punch it and give you a raffle ticket. Every game you buy in our booth will get you another entry. We'll have some other methods to enter as well but haven't nailed them down yet. We're using this raffle as a way to get people to our booth - a lot of people missed us at PAX East so we didn't want to repeat that.

When will the next game listings be up?

The section looks so bare with just the two upcoming titles this week. :*(
Something came up that we can't talk about yet that really disrupted our planned schedule. It's kind of putting us in a forced slowdown. We're currently debating on releasing Ys on the 25th or holding off for the 1st and giving people a much needed break.

Ah, I guess that makes sense.

I'm actually waiting for Ys, but not opposed to it being released later if needed.

Last month, and the first half of this month was rough, so I'm sure many wouldn't mind either.

Something came up that we can't talk about yet that really disrupted our planned schedule. It's kind of putting us in a forced slowdown. We're currently debating on releasing Ys on the 25th or holding off for the 1st and giving people a much needed break.
Will Ys be paired with the second Japanese Game on the 1st or a different title? If you decide to delay it to the 1st of course.

Do it on the first 1st breaks are nice for everyone.

The Asian version of Ys Origin releases/ships on Aug 31. I think it would be in both LRG's interest to release on Aug 25 to strike first (especially if you're still planning on doing the "experiment"), as well as in your customers' interest since the situation re: the Asian backup plan will be much clearer for anyone failing to obtain the LRG version a week ahead (as opposed to sitting on the fence until Sept 1 and risking both the Asian version AND the LRG version selling out).

I can only speak for myself, but personally if it was Aug 25 I would definitely try for the LRG version first, as I like your cover art way better than the Asian one. But if was Sept 1, absent any further information about your "experiment", I would probably just lock in a pre-order for the Asian version ASAP to hedge against the bloodbath of the last couple weeks.

Hey Doom, is the 32X variant reward still expected to last through the end of the year?

I'd really like to get the 32X variant but I'm currently not near the 40 ticket requirement.

From what I can tell the dude has been on Youtube for quite some time and has nearly 20K subscribers to his channel. At this point he probably is having some kind of illusions of grandeur as far as his social status and the way he perceives how important his effect on society is. This was apparent with the veiled threat he made about doing a "video" about LRG at the end of his existing video about LRG. 

Not to derail too far here, but now that Youtube has been around for over a decade, it's interesting to observe the effect that these video bloggers and such have had on the video game culture, or even just culture in general. Someone in a Facebook group posted a photo a few months back of a copy of some semi-rare NES game (I think it was Dragon Warrior 4) that they had taken to a convention and were showing off how they had gotten it signed by all the "Youtube All-Stars" like Metal Jesus, Pat, and a few others, but all I could think about was how horrible the game now looked with all of that sharpie pen all over it. But I guess to some people, these Youtube personalities are really that cool and influential to them. I just don't see it that way though. Metal Jesus seems like a friendly guy but I don't see him as anything more than a dude about my age with roughly the same knowledge of video games, with the difference being he likes to put himself in front of a camera.     

Just got Jotun, anyone else receive a card but not the bigger cardstock? I know the aren't guaranteed but this is the first time I've not received one and I ordered early.

Just got Jotun, anyone else receive a card but not the bigger cardstock? I know the aren't guaranteed but this is the first time I've not received one and I ordered early.
They're no longer doing postcards. There were a few games where they had a postcard already printed so threw them in, but I don't think Jotun was one of them.

And in other news, still no shipment info on my Oceanhorn PS4/Vita order.:whistle2:k

But I guess to some people, these Youtube personalities are really that cool and influential to them.
Yeah I don't get it either. I have a few things signed by James, but nothing "rare". He was around so I got a picture with him and had him sign an ET cartridge for me for irony sake. Having any of them sign something rare seems stupid, but it's not my stuff.

I don't really watch any of them anymore. Even AVGN/Mike. I will admit that James got me back into collecting - I busted out my NES when he started making videos. I also learned a lot about some neat toy lines from them...but since then I've expanded my own knowledge on these things.

Not just some people, LRG has been pretty good to the influencial youtubers.  I remember MetalJesusRocks getting a nice pack of games from LRG fairly early on.   Of course if you are getting the games free then it makes it less likely you are going to know the ins and outs of the black friday panic sales that go on regularly with LRG let alone how the unique cart system works.    I don't blame the dude whining about his stuff getting ripped from his cart.   He's just not as well informed on how to game the system as the rest of us.   Still, it's kind of sad that we have to game the system at all.... but that's not something that is foreign to any real CAG shoping for deals and jumping through hoops for our treats.

And in other news, still no shipment info on my Oceanhorn PS4/Vita order. :whistle2:k
They have not yet received Oceanhorn for PS4 from Sony. They are behind schedule with PS4 titles.

I personally just received shipping confirmation yesterday for Neurovoider and Wonder Boy.

I only ordered the Vita version of Oceanhorn and I arrived late last week.

I'm still waiting on my kickstarter copy of Plague Road for vita.
Curious if I am going to getting a shipping confirmation for the release.

They have not yet received Oceanhorn for PS4 from Sony. They are behind schedule with PS4 titles.

I personally just received shipping confirmation yesterday for Neurovoider and Wonder Boy.

Folks are already reporting having received their PS4 version, so this isn't true. I've seen at least 2 people with copies received through the mail already.

I actually really don't like that they will have exclusive cover variants at PAX. People like me, who like to get all versions of something, don't even have a chance to get those. And no, taking time off of work and flying to PAX does not count as a chance to get them lol.

That is good news. They are just behind schedule with all the releases. I'm sure you will get a shipment notification soon.
Also please note, that if anyone got their Oceanhorn with Plague Road, I believe we are all still in a holding pattern, as PR has not arrived yet to my knowledge. I currently have 5 open orders with them, which is easily the most I've had.

I know Josh mentioned yesterday they had something going on that may slow them down in up coming weeks, and it may be lack of product, trading cards, etc. So they may need 2-4 weeks to play catch up, as they are also out of town for some up coming trade shows to correct?

I can only imagine the amount of emails, and whatever else they get on a daily basis, from all these delays. And trying to keep order for 4-5 past release dates, all trying to be shipped out, can not be good, as the pile up seems to be growing and not shrinking at this point. I hope they maintain proper packaging, shipping, and including the proper extras with each order as normally in crunch time, is when proper service flies out of the window in favor of moving the most products in the fastest amount of time.

My PS4 copy of Oceanhorn arrived yesterday, and I didn't get Plague Road, so whatever that's worth. I've also seen others posting pics of receiving their copies of Oceanhorn but I haven't seen a single pic of Plague Road, so it's a safe assumption to make that PR is slowing those orders down. 

I actually really don't like that they will have exclusive cover variants at PAX. People like me, who like to get all versions of something, don't even have a chance to get those. And no, taking time off of work and flying to PAX does not count as a chance to get them lol.
Well, they have offered each variant so far on their site, and while each has been limited, I don't recall to many complaining they didn't get the ones they wanted. I've got each so far with little to no effort, but no telling how future ones will be offered, or how hard they will be to get.

Figured I've seen lots of people list on eBay so it must have been sent to LRG already... :p

i was looking at the prices between the Lili games. SE and LE. just $15 difference cause of 24 page booklet, slipcover, and a different artwork. i dont think thats worth it. i thought it at least comes with a CD.

Also please note, that if anyone got their Oceanhorn with Plague Road, I believe we are all still in a holding pattern, as PR has not arrived yet to my knowledge. I currently have 5 open orders with them, which is easily the most I've had.

I know Josh mentioned yesterday they had something going on that may slow them down in up coming weeks, and it may be lack of product, trading cards, etc. So they may need 2-4 weeks to play catch up, as they are also out of town for some up coming trade shows to correct?

I can only imagine the amount of emails, and whatever else they get on a daily basis, from all these delays. And trying to keep order for 4-5 past release dates, all trying to be shipped out, can not be good, as the pile up seems to be growing and not shrinking at this point. I hope they maintain proper packaging, shipping, and including the proper extras with each order as normally in crunch time, is when proper service flies out of the window in favor of moving the most products in the fastest amount of time.
I got both Oceanhorn and Plague Road for PS4 yesterday if that helps.

i was looking at the prices between the Lili games. SE and LE. just $15 difference cause of 24 page booklet, slipcover, and a different artwork. i dont think thats worth it. i thought it at least comes with a CD.
From an extra's stand point, that is a pretty valid complaint, but if I was in the market for that game, I would for sure pay the extra $15, as I ultimately end up selling a game at some point, and the LE is sure to be worth more long term.

I got both Oceanhorn and Plague Road for PS4 yesterday if that helps.
Well, that's good to know PR finally arrived. I didn't see any mention of it, but it's not like I was really looking either. Hopefully mine ships soon, as I was actually looking forward to trying out OceanHorn.

From what I can tell the dude has been on Youtube for quite some time and has nearly 20K subscribers to his channel. At this point he probably is having some kind of illusions of grandeur as far as his social status and the way he perceives how important his effect on society is. This was apparent with the veiled threat he made about doing a "video" about LRG at the end of his existing video about LRG.

Not to derail too far here, but now that Youtube has been around for over a decade, it's interesting to observe the effect that these video bloggers and such have had on the video game culture, or even just culture in general. Someone in a Facebook group posted a photo a few months back of a copy of some semi-rare NES game (I think it was Dragon Warrior 4) that they had taken to a convention and were showing off how they had gotten it signed by all the "Youtube All-Stars" like Metal Jesus, Pat, and a few others, but all I could think about was how horrible the game now looked with all of that sharpie pen all over it. But I guess to some people, these Youtube personalities are really that cool and influential to them. I just don't see it that way though. Metal Jesus seems like a friendly guy but I don't see him as anything more than a dude about my age with roughly the same knowledge of video games, with the difference being he likes to put himself in front of a camera.
I didn't know DQ4 NES was rare. Mine is in pristine condition but rarely used. The only person I would want signing my copy is Yuji Horii or DQ's composer

What's the deal with the Kickstarter cover variant for Plague Road?  LRG is supposed to be fulfilling those orders but have they given an idea of when they will ship?

I don't think games like Night Trap, Wonder Boy, Y's, etc should go up with anything else, especially when there are cover variants, CEs, and multi platforms, bad enough for one game as it is.

I didn't know DQ4 NES was rare. Mine is in pristine condition but rarely used. The only person I would want signing my copy is Yuji Horii or DQ's composer
Not sure it's really "rare" in terms of production numbers but it runs about 70-80 bucks for a loose copy so it's in enough demand that not perceived as a common NES title anymore. And since it was near the end of the console's lifecycle, there were probably fewer of them produced than the earlier games, but I'm just guessing there.

And I agree with the concept that if I was going to have someone sign something, I would want them to be someone directly affiliated with what they were signing. No point in having Mick Jagger sign my copy of Dark Side of the Moon.

bread's done
Back