Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I have missed it apparently but when are the Lawbreakers/Wonderboy CE bundles supposed to ship?

Last edited by a moderator:
Long time thread m lurker, first time buyer. I made an account and will be sure to be signed in to PayPal. Just looking to get N++. Any other tips I need to know before stalking the site at 10am?

Long time thread m lurker, first time buyer. I made an account and will be sure to be signed in to PayPal. Just looking to get N++. Any other tips I need to know before stalking the site at 10am?
Also be signed in to LRG's site, have the product page of each thing you want to buy open in a separate tab before 10am, then reload each one once the countdown ends, add to cart, and pray you get through checkout with everything intact.

and pray you get through checkout with everything intact.
That is actually the only issue I have ever had placing an order - but not from something going out of stock (yet).

When ordering multiple items, I usually open each item in its own page or tab and hit add to cart on each. Very occasionally an item will go into its own unique cart, not with the other items. Happened last week with one of my Night Trap items. Noticed the item wasn't in my order confirmation but fortunately still had time to place a second order.

For a game like this, with the qty's offered, you should be more than fine. The tips stated are good to know and follow, as they are a must on busy popular CE days(or low standard edition runs), but N++ should be up a decent amount of time in the am, and even longer tonight.

It will be interesting to see if the minor backlash over the fact that the Ulitmate edition DLC is not included slows down sales. Somehow I doubt it although release fatigue in general from the last two weeks and the anticipation of Ys might reduce demand a good bit tomorrow.
It's weird because Doug wasn't even aware of the Ultimate Edition and that this wouldn't be it, but then the listing content they sent out this week in the emails (including the one yesterday) say it's got the full 4000+ levels and Hardcore mode that come in the Ultimate Edition.

Also be signed in to LRG's site, have the product page of each thing you want to buy open in a separate tab before 10am, then reload each one once the countdown ends, add to cart, and pray you get through checkout with everything intact.

That is actually the only issue I have ever had placing an order - but not from something going out of stock (yet).

When ordering multiple items, I usually open each item in its own page or tab and hit add to cart on each. Very occasionally an item will go into its own unique cart, not with the other items. Happened last week with one of my Night Trap items. Noticed the item wasn't in my order confirmation but fortunately still had time to place a second order.

For a game like this, with the qty's offered, you should be more than fine. The tips stated are good to know and follow, as they are a must on busy popular CE days(or low standard edition runs), but N++ should be up a decent amount of time in the am, and even longer tonight.
Thank you for the advice and keeping me calm. I too was thinking that I should be OK given the print run and whatnot. We shall see how I do!

I don't anticipate a problem for anyone today. I'm not interested but good luck for everyone.
Lili has pretty low qty's, but I don't know what the interest may be there. I doubt anyone who is a fan, or interested should have any problems. But if the flipping crowd, or users in general see "$" on the LE, it may may go quick

Lili has pretty low qty's, but I don't know what the interest may be there. I doubt anyone who is a fan, or interested should have any problems. But if the flipping crowd, or users in general see "$" on the LE, it may may go quick
Looks like they recently lowered the maximum quantity of Lili LE to 1 per person. It had been two for the longest time. Good move.

I am not sure what Lili is all about. I watched the trailer and it looked ok, but it doesn't look like much fun to play. I was torn on N++, but ultimately decided against getting it since I've ordered two in the last couple of weeks. Does look like the Lili SE sold out fast though.

Noted the pages on both Lili and N++ said they were manufacturing them now and they wouldn't be shipping till Mid September.

So keep that in mind.

I get the feeling Lili is one of those games that's gonna sell quickly simply b/c there were probably a lot of new people into LRG b/c of WB and NT of the past few weeks who saw how fast those games sold out and what they're going for on eBay. 

I'm taking a pass on these- no real interest in either game. 

I get the feeling Lili is one of those games that's gonna sell quickly simply b/c there were probably a lot of new people into LRG b/c of WB and NT of the past few weeks who saw how fast those games sold out and what they're going for on eBay.

I'm taking a pass on these- no real interest in either game.
came here to say the same thing. Guess it's a good thing since it saves me some money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up N++. Loved N+ on the PSP, so figured I'd give it a shot on the big screen. Grabbed it at 6 past the hour, so not selling out instantly like so many recent releases. Not likely a flippable purchase, but great game so I don't care.

Lili has very little brand recognition. But it has received favourable reviews, and that will help to spur demand. Perhaps most telling are its low stock numbers. It is getting one of the lowest runs I've seen from LRG, even if you lump both versions together. N++ is getting a 4500 print run, which is more than both versions of Lili together. The low stock will increase the demand for Lili, so don't expect it to last long.

Got my order in for both titles. Just standard edition Lili for me.

Just had to enter my phone number at checkout otherwise I got N++ without issue as it's still in stock as of this writing. Relatively pain free first experience thanks to the print run size.

Crazy, I honestly thought Lili is one of those games that would take a bit longer to sellout.
Me too. I was actually popping in here to make a joke about how I was upset about the one-per-customer qty limited and I wanted to cancel due to it not instantly selling out. Then I checked and it instantly sold out.

It's pretty amazing how easily LRG can sell just about anything. And I say that as someone who just friggin' paid almost $50 shipped-with-a-box for a physical copy of a PS4 port of an IOS game because I thought the art style of the game looked ok. Why did I do that? I guess with these games I think if I change my mind I can probably get close to my money back and they would hold their value longer than any normal release, so I don't have much to lose. I guess it's better to buy now and think about it later.

Still, it amazes me that "Lili" can sell out that fast. Can you imagine if LRG had 3800 copies of "Guacamole" to sell? Would they last 30 seconds in the morning and evening? In the meantime, VBlank has had them up for almost a day. I know it wasn't advertised in advance, but still......

Still, it amazes me that "Lili" can sell out that fast. Can you imagine if LRG had 3800 copies of "Guacamole" to sell? Would they last 30 seconds in the morning and evening? In the meantime, VBlank has had them up for almost a day. I know it wasn't advertised in advance, but still......
Just based on emails and word of mouth, it's moving pretty damn fast. But agreed, if it was offered by LRG in that qty, it wouldn't have lasted long. Also, Vblank doesn't have any limits in place, so no telling how many of that overall run will be on Ebay in due time.

I wonder why people think Guacamelee isn't limited?  It clearly states on the page it is limited to 3800 copies.  Granted Vblank has nothing posted that I've seen that says they'll never ever ever produce more copies, but they do have a history and they have only ever done an alt version of one of their ps4 releases.  Everything else was limited to exactly what they said.  So I think it's a pretty safe bet that if they say it's limited to 3800 copies then it isn't going to just show back up later.

So I saw reference to Ys Origin having it's release for next Friday. Also somehow 3 other RPG's?! (maybe it was 2 pairs of Vita PS4) however I could not figure out what the other game/s might be, just a tweet from (maybe April) for Ys Origin, on Aug 25th.

So I saw reference to Ys Origin having it's release for next Friday. Also somehow 3 other RPG's?! (maybe it was 2 pairs of Vita PS4) however I could not figure out what the other game/s might be, just a tweet from (maybe April) for Ys Origin, on Aug 25th.
The other game hasn't been announced. They were both supposed to release next Friday, but might be pushed back a week.

I wonder why people think Guacamelee isn't limited? It clearly states on the page it is limited to 3800 copies.
I think people are referring to the quantities not being limited per customer, unlike LRG who limits to 1-2 copies per customer. You'd think that would be helping it sell quicker, though, if anyone were interested in flipping.

I think people are referring to the quantities not being limited per customer, unlike LRG who limits to 1-2 copies per customer. You'd think that would be helping it sell quicker, though, if anyone were interested in flipping.
Rest assured, there will be a s**t ton of these on Ebay very soon. Several users here have already stated they bought 2, so I can only imaging how many extra the masses have been grabbing.

Not sure that I really want to play Lili or N++ (or bother reselling), but also want to get more of the coveted LRG tickets; what to do?

When did they start doing the tickets? (I am trying to figure out ho many I should have)

Lili LE sold out quicker than I was expecting. Another successful morning, though! It's crazy how quiet the thread is after this. You can tell that these are low profile compared to Wonder Boy, Night Trap, and Ys. That, combined with general fatigue, is probably to blame. I bought all of it, but I know that I don't want to be doing this every single damn Friday lol.

That's partly why they were thinking about pushing Ys back anyways to next month, so people get next week off for their wallets to go on vacation.

That's partly why they were thinking about pushing Ys back anyways to next month, so people get next week off for their wallets to go on vacation.
But I go on vacation next month!! So that's no help lol.

And yes, this every Friday thing is brutal but trying to keep up the best I can. Thankfully was able to snag all three today even though I'm not even sure I wanted them all. :shock:

It Vblank a few years to actually reprint Retro City PS4.

I didn't want Lili. I just want Ys and the it's pair to get announced.

Oh. And more announcements for September releases

Guacamelee is a great game. I've never played Lili so I'm not going to say Guacamelee is better, but that's a subjective matter anyway I suppose. Lili selling out faster than Guacamelee has everything to do with brand recognition at this point and probably nothing to do with gameplay quality. The casual scalpers are all fully aware of LRG at this point after the Night Trap fiasco and they are going to keep scooping LRG games up until they get burned a couple times and don't make profit. The casuals don't know anything about Vblank or how much Guacamelee is loved by it's fans and the fact that it got no exposure before release and is being distributed by a much lesser known publisher just means they haven't caught wind of it yet. What we are seeing right now is the residual effect of how much exposure Wonderboy and Night Trap generated for LRG's business. No offense to Lili's developers, but I personally feel that it's fast sellout had very little to do with people actually loving it. 

Guacamelee has sold about 2800 copies out of the 3800 total, which is amazing considering the fact that it got almost no marketing or exposure. I just ordered a copy, it's a fantastic game that really deserves a physical release.

I skipped both Lili and N++, neither was interesting to me. Trying to be selective about the titles I buy and only get things that I'm really interested in.

What we are seeing right now is the residual effect of how much exposure Wonderboy and Night Trap generated for LRG's business. No offense to Lili's developers, but I personally feel that it's fast sellout had very little to do with people actually loving it.
LRG has been quickly selling out games long before "Wonder Boy" and "Night Trap". I doubt "Lili'"s sales performance had much to do with those two games. There was no doubt it would sell out (everything has), but it was surprising to see the LE gone in a minute and the standard gone in two.

"The Bunker" sat there for a long time after both "Wonder Boy" and "Night Trap" sold out and was sitting there on the same day all of this new exposure occurred thanks to "Night Trap".

Yeah, I don't think anyone should be worried about VBlank and the Guacamelee release. It hasn't sold out the way that LRG releases do because it doesn't have the same brand awareness. There aren't nearly as many people aware of them as a physical publisher, and they didn't hype up the release before it was available on their website. And their past physical releases have all sold out, but they did so much more slowly than LRG releases usually do. In truth, the sales for Guacamelee have been quite a bit faster than VBlank's previous releases.

And like most of the fans here, I would encourage anyone interested to pick up a copy of Guacamelee. I love that game. I can't say enough good things about Guacamelee, and it's developer DrinkBox. Those guys have made several very good games, and Guacamelee in particular is an excellent example of their work.

LRG has been quickly selling out games long before "Wonder Boy" and "Night Trap". I doubt "Lili'"s sales performance had much to do with those two games. There was no doubt it would sell out (everything has), but it was surprising to see the LE gone in a minute and the standard gone in two.

"The Bunker" sat there for a long time after both "Wonder Boy" and "Night Trap" sold out and was sitting there on the same day all of this new exposure occurred thanks to "Night Trap".
I'm gonna pull the hipster card back on you and tell you I've been there since the beginning as well. Alot of their games in the past did not actually sell out completely and were marked as sold out in an act of "mercy" if they didn't move through the games within a few days. I believe Josh even admitted this once, or something similar. Games like Thomas Was Alone, One Way Heroics, and Dragon Fantasy didn't really sell all that well and last Black Friday people ended up getting alot of those particular titles in LRG's blind box specials. It was a way to move the games out in a more empathetic manner, so they didn't have to "clearance" them out. They simply mixed them in with a couple of copies of the more desired titles like SMRPG and Breach and Clear, and gave people an entertaining "lottery" style chance to get the heavier hitters.

Lili had a low run, yes, but the uninspired collector's edition probably raised some scalper eyebrows after they licked their chops from their Night Trap profits, which was probably the quickest and highest profit flip an LRG game has yielded thus far. Brach and Clear Vita is worth alot now, but that took a much longer time to get that valuable and wasn't an overnight guaranteed sale for these assholes.

N++ still in stock and Lili sold out?? I honestly thought N++ would sell out fast.
N++ had a lot more copies than Lili. I love N++, but decided to pass on the physical release. I've learned that I can't buy everything and I feel like N++ will be a PS+ game in the near future.

I'm gonna pull the hipster card back on you and tell you I've been there since the beginning as well. Alot of their games in the past did not actually sell out completely and were marked as sold out in an act of "mercy" if they didn't move through the games within a few days. I believe Josh even admitted this once, or something similar. Games like Thomas Was Alone, One Way Heroics, and Dragon Fantasy didn't really sell all that well and last Black Friday people ended up getting alot of those particular titles in LRG's blind box specials. It was a way to move the games out in a more empathetic manner, so they didn't have to "clearance" them out. They simply mixed them in with a couple of copies of the more desired titles like SMRPG and Breach and Clear, and gave people an entertaining "lottery" style chance to get the heavier hitters.

Lili had a low run, yes, but the uninspired collector's edition probably raised some scalper eyebrows after they licked their chops from their Night Trap profits, which was probably the quickest and highest profit flip an LRG game has yielded thus far. Brach and Clear Vita is worth alot now, but that took a much longer time to get that valuable and wasn't an overnight guaranteed sale for these assholes.
This guy gets it!

I think TWA and OWH were 2 of the games in my blind box last year but it wasn't a big deal since I never bought those the first time around. That said I hope I don't get The Bunker this year as I already bought it, and it took a while to "sell out". Outside of the lottery aspect of it, it was fun to order the blind box as a X-mas gift to myself since I could wait to open it and be more surprised than when asking for certain things. I have missed plenty of titles this year and am hoping for something good like Oxenfree, but we will see.

bread's done
Back