Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
going to some other publisher to publish the game
189.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted everywhere telling people to buy it. Everyone brushed me off, and now wants a reprint. fuck that.
I don't remember who posted but I do remembering seeing a few posts that only 1,500 copies of this game would be made and that it'd be a great purchase and whatnot. I saw, added it to my cart and never checked out. Did the same thing with Oddworld.

And yet I bought One Way Heroics without a 2nd thought.

Yeah, I regret those decisions.

Yeah, I regret those decisions.
They happen to all of us at some point. Now if I have even a passing interest in something, I'll just grab it up. Then if I don't like or want it at some later date, I'll pass it along to someone else.

I remember a lot of people passing on B&C, as they didn't think much of the game, and didn't wan't to pay over digital for what they didn't want. I personally thought it looked interesting, and even if I had thought it was a terrible game at the time, I liked what LRG was trying to do, so I bought 2 copies to show support.

It is actually one of the few LRG I have actually opened, which was good, as now that the price is way up, I would probably never open it now. But I'll for sure play it when I have the chance since I did open it already, as there's no reason not to at this point.

I never wanted and still wouldn't want it, it's really not my type of game. I simply replied because i never thought about it but the biggest excuse for not reprinting games was the whole not having the rights to the game.

If anything, how about an anniversary edition involving the redemption of tickets.

I didn't but breach since I didn't have vita, but I did get Saturday morning rpg, one day I'll buy a house with it

They happen to all of us at some point. Now if I have even a passing interest in something, I'll just grab it up. Then if I don't like or want it at some later date, I'll pass it along to someone else sell it for a profit.
Fixed that for you. No problem.

The B&C discussion is always interesting to me. It shows the divide between people that collect to have a library of quality titles that suit their tastes vs those that buy rare and expensive thing to have an 'impressive' collection. Both B&C games are pretty bad, so it would never get a second thought it wasn't for the rarity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I hope they don't reprint, 1st so my copies retain their value in case I decide to part with one of them. 2nd, if you missed out (just buy it digitally ) oh well its not the end of the world.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

i found out my Furi and my Plague Road got an indent on the case. top middle section. seems like they had loose discs and LRG popped it back in. my rest of the games are fine.

also found out Bard's Gold regular price on PSN is $4.99 and on sale currently at $1.99. isnt the physical copy should be $10 more than the PSN price? we bought it at $24.99

also found out Bard's Gold regular price on PSN is $4.99 and on sale currently at $1.99. isnt the physical copy should be $10 more than the PSN price? we bought it at $24.99
That's the general guidelines they use, but it's by no means a rule.

There is no money to be made for a $15 game, no matter how you look at it, so it's only reasonable they have a minimum amount set for their releases that will still make sense to them from a business standpoint.

And also, sale prices don't count neither, so not sure it's applicable to this discussion. If that were the case, many of the games that have been free would also have to fall the $10 more guideline.

But yeah, I think this discussion comes along fairly often where many of the games they sell really aren't that expensive to begin with digitally, so the typical "Not worth it." comments always comes out. ;D

never watch also but i bought a nendoroid of him long ago.
c58.gif

Don't. It's fucking awful.
ed9a13ac6a615e17873d59181d6ef27a.gif

The B&C discussion is always interesting to me. It shows the divide between people that collect to have a library of quality titles that suit their tastes vs those that buy rare and expensive thing to have an 'impressive' collection. Both B&C games are pretty bad, so it would never get a second thought it wasn't for the rarity.
Or you know, the third camp that wanted to support a CAG, with the ulterior motive of wanting to see other digital games put out physically.

But ok, what you said.

FWIW, the first game I skipped was Futuridium, which is the fourth release.

Or you know, the third camp that wanted to support a CAG, with the ulterior motive of wanting to see other digital games put out physically.

But ok, what you said.

FWIW, the first game I skipped was Futuridium, which is the fourth release.
Maybe at the time, but that would be a very small group of people, and that's certainly not a part of the continuing conversation about it now, long after that matters.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

i found out my Furi and my Plague Road got an indent on the case. top middle section. seems like they had loose discs and LRG popped it back in. my rest of the games are fine.

Their minimum price is $24.99 no matter the cost on PSN, so they must have made a ton of bank on that one.

Really wish they would drop that minimum price thing though and pass some of their savings on the their extremely loyal customers. Or at least stop signing really cheap games.

Their minimum price is $24.99 no matter the cost on PSN, so they must have made a ton of bank on that one.

Really wish they would drop that minimum price thing though and pass some of their savings on the their extremely loyal customers. Or at least stop signing really cheap games.
I think one of the reasons for the minimum $24.99 price is the actual cost of having a PS4 game manufactured. And let's not forget that the developer and publisher both need to make a profit in order to make this business work; they can't continue to produce physical games if they're making little to no profits from this model.

By the way, I did buy Bard's Gold (both platforms) even though I don't buy even close to all the LRG releases. I like the game and was happy to see a physical release. It doesn't bother me in the least that the game sells so cheap on PSN (bought it there too before the LRG release).

I remember when BandC was first offered and passed, but I did pick up Retro City Rampage Vita from fangamer around the same time. I was following close when they announced Oddworld and was quite excited for that because I am a huge fan of the series. Then picked up Futuridium and Octodad because I am a fan of those two games.

My personal philosophy? I am going to pick up games and series I like, only open them if I don't already have it digitally, but intend to keep them either way. That being said, I still buy them with value in mind. Let's say I fall on great financial hardship one day, lose my job, stock market crashes, etc. I want games that I will be able to sell for close to, or greater than, their purchase price. I don't want a bunch of digital games I can't sell at all or a bunch of Call of Duties I bought for $60 and can't sell. So, I don't buy with the intention of "scalping" per se, but I want to be able to move my collection if the need arises. I don't think that's terribly evil.

So, I don't buy with the intention of "scalping" per se, but I want to be able to move my collection if the need arises. I don't think that's terribly evil.
I feel you, as I have sold several parts of my collections over the years to help with unexpected financial crisis situations. My wife's alternator just went out a few days ago, to the tune of $650 repair cost, so I'll probably be grabbing a few items from my collection to help pay.

So while not an ideal situation, it's nice to have some items sitting around that are worth a decent chunk of change, as it can help out if and when it's needed. And there is for sure nothing wrong with that.

Oh who cares. You guys probably have 401Ks or houses that you 100% would not care if it went up in value when you sell. Stop targeting something that's not even close to necessary for survival.

Oh who cares. You guys probably have 401Ks or houses that you 100% would not care if it went up in value when you sell. Stop targeting something that's not even close to necessary for survival.
That's a lie.

I can walk into any grocery store and pay with an LRG game.

They're practically the same as cash!

You think that is a lazy cover? Have you seen the two Mutant Mudds cover? Those two are worse
The version of Rainbow Moon with just the title and white background is the laziest/ugliest cover to date. Let's see how that cover is done for Play Asia.

The version of Rainbow Moon with just the title and white background is the laziest/ugliest cover to date. Let's see how that cover is done for Play Asia.
Oh right. I forgot about that one. The Vita Cover deserved the PS4 cover.

Just saying that the Ys Origins cover is loads better than the Mutant Mudds and Rainbow Moon cover

Playasia puts thought into the end product.  LRG just slaps together crap and calls it a day.  And who cares if people resells their games it's their right.  Even if you get more than the limit who the hell cares no one is going to retire over doing this.  I buy 2 copies whenever can and just sell the other one.  That reduces the cost for my copy.  Makes it just like the digital price or even cheaper at free.  It's what LRG promoted at the beginning so no crying about it now.  Just let it be and enjoy the games.

Ever had to deal with customer feedback? When someone goes to google reviews and sees 600 positives and 5 negatives which ones do you think they're most likely to read? Those handful of negatives from customers are why companies have meetings and they really do influence policy. The adoring reviews are great and all but that's not how reality works.
Only dumb people read reviews without looking at context. Today reviews mean nothing as you have paid reviewers, sponsored reviewers and then those who review who put things with no relevance to the product at hand. Instead complaining about something else.

Only dumb people read reviews without looking at context. Today reviews mean nothing as you have paid reviewers, sponsored reviewers and then those who review who put things with no relevance to the product at hand. Instead complaining about something else.
Not everyone has unlimited time to read every review and put things into context. I don't think it's any dumber to quickly skim reviews than it is to waste hours trying to get to the bottom of something that has no importance in the overall scheme of things. Reviews are very important as they influence consumer behavior and they certainly are something successful companies put some energy into addressing. I really don't agree that most people who take the time to write reviews are missing the point or complaining about something else. Most consumers and businesses are able to very quickly determine if that's the case and those reviews just get ignored anyway.

Playasia puts thought into the end product. LRG just slaps together crap and calls it a day. And who cares if people resells their games it's their right. Even if you get more than the limit who the hell cares no one is going to retire over doing this. I buy 2 copies whenever can and just sell the other one. That reduces the cost for my copy. Makes it just like the digital price or even cheaper at free. It's what LRG promoted at the beginning so no crying about it now. Just let it be and enjoy the games.
You realize the game developers themselves design our packaging and contents, right? We utilize what we're given. We have plenty of examples of striking packaging in our lineup - Volume on Vita and Firewatch on PS4 being my top picks. Play-Asia has duds too so don't paint with such broad strokes.

bread's done
Back