Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
The version of Rainbow Moon with just the title and white background is the laziest/ugliest cover to date. Let's see how that cover is done for Play Asia.
That cover was done by eastasiasoft, not us. They will also do the cover for Play-Asia since they are the publisher for Play-Asia's titles (not Play-Asia themselves). I'm sure it'll be better because A) they can't use the same cover art again and B) the amount of backlash that cover received. They designed it to look clean like the PS1 FF releases in Japan. I still like it. We didn't design it, though.

In any case, it's not my place to tell developers how their own game is preserved. I've only ever intervened on one cover because it was tragically bad. That game was ultimately pulled from the slate, though.

That cover was done by eastasiasoft, not us. They will also do the cover for Play-Asia since they are the publisher for Play-Asia's titles (not Play-Asia themselves). I'm sure it'll be better because A) they can't use the same cover art again and B) the amount of backlash that cover received. They designed it to look clean like the PS1 FF releases in Japan. I still like it. We didn't design it, though.

In any case, it's not my place to tell developers how their own game is preserved. I've only ever intervened on one cover because it was tragically bad. That game was ultimately pulled from the slate, though.
Many Tentacled Rapists From Hell?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D9TRfd9G59Y

You realize the game developers themselves design our packaging and contents, right? We utilize what we're given. We have plenty of examples of striking packaging in our lineup - Volume on Vita and Firewatch on PS4 being my top picks. Play-Asia has duds too so don't paint with such broad strokes.

How do I redeem allthese tickets Ive accumulated? I cant find the form anywhere on the lrg website...

Thank you!!Am i missing something? I cant seem to find it myself on their website.
I've always had to just search it out, as I never find it on the site either, so it might not have an active link. You also need to contact them directly, as there is no place to just pick an item, and then add the tickets for an item and then have it sent.

You have to open a ticket I believe, explain what you want, and then they will give instructions to send in your tickets, and once received, they will contact you and state as much. Then once that specific item is in stock, they are supposed to send it to you. So for the most part, 40 tickets is equal to $24.99 in credit.

So if you want something that is valued over this amount, you'll have to pay the difference. I know it's been asked if that covers shipping, but I don't know that anyone has ever answered that question. So you may have to pay shipping even if the credit covers the games cost, but you might not.

You realize the game developers themselves design our packaging and contents, right? We utilize what we're given. We have plenty of examples of striking packaging in our lineup - Volume on Vita and Firewatch on PS4 being my top picks. Play-Asia has duds too so don't paint with such broad strokes.
It doesn't matter if it's realized or not, this segment of posters in this thread is just looking to slam LRG, and hold PA up to some grand standard, which I have personally not seen from them in many years.

In my history of gaming, I've seen some of the best art and packaging for some of the worst possible games, and I've seen some of the all time worst packaging and art, for some of the best games ever made. In the end, that's not really a factor in actually "gaming", as your not playing with a box or a piece of art.

I appreciate great gaming art, as I own some rather expensive pieces across many different mediums myself, but that has nothing to do with the game itself. That should just show you how hard up those around here are to slam LRG, as you have just shown how the same developers are doing their own selections for your releases, as well as PA. So now expect some other "problem" to come up, as you have now shown it is not your choice in what is picked, so this crowd can no longer complain about that.

My wife's alternator just went out a few days ago, to the tune of $650 repair cost
Whoa. They are really sticking it to you. Your wife either has a vehicle in which the alternator is really hard to get to (requires removal of several other components) or they are just ripping you off. I changed the one on my Honda Accord a couple years ago by watching Youtube videos and the alternator itself cost just $80.

Whoa. They are really sticking it to you. Your wife either has a vehicle in which the alternator is really hard to get to (requires removal of several other components) or they are just ripping you off. I changed the one on my Honda Accord a couple years ago by watching Youtube videos and the alternator itself cost just $80.
Yeah, it's actually one where it's buried in the engine bay(where many things have to be removed to gain access), so the labor side was rather extensive. I'm a DIY type person, so if it's something I can do, I'll normally handle it. If I could have reached it I would have changed it myself, as I NEVER pay for anything if I can do it myself, EVER(unless time is a major factor, but I'm to cheap for that to matter in most cases).

Actually in researching it before hand, as I knew what was wrong, most message boards comments stated how they just sold the car, or gave up due to the placement of the alternator. LOL The standard cost would have been $800+, but I've been going to my mechanic for years, so I always get good rates. Sadly, cars or like anything else, as some engineers design things from a practical stand point, while others do what they feel, and to hell with ease of repair at a future time. As that is of no concern to the creative side of the process.

I've done a lot of mods and case swaps on handhelds and consoles over the years as well, and some defy reason and logic, while others where easy beyond belief. On my Honda, I could have changed it myself to a much cheaper expense, but sometimes I win, and some times I lose, it's the nature of the game I suppose. But yeah, if there's a video or tutorial out there that shows me the way, I'm all in.

EDIT: And on a side note, this is the first alternator I've ever had go out on any car, so the engineers may have been on to something. So if it's not something that needs to be accessed regularly, where other items might, it may be placed properly then. And the newer the car, the more crap they keep cramming in. Luckily my car is 10 years older than my wife's, so more things are cheaper and less time consuming to fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently received a 2nd order update notification email for Night Trap, I checked just to be certain that I was not getting an unpaid 2nd copy of the game, and thankfully the tracking number was the same. Did anyone one else get an unneeded update email about a week after receiving the game?

I recently received a 2nd order update notification email for Night Trap, I checked just to be certain that I was not getting an unpaid 2nd copy of the game, and thankfully the tracking number was the same. Did anyone one else get an unneeded update email about a week after receiving the game?
I got two of them in the last few days, and yes, it was well after I received both. I think something happened where their system didn't update properly, and now they fixed it. So we are getting notices for games that have already arrived, or will be very soon.

Yeah, it's actually one where it's buried in the engine bay(where many things have to be removed to gain access), so the labor side was rather extensive. I'm a DIY type person, so if it's something I can do, I'll normally handle it. If I could have reached it I would have changed it myself, as I NEVER pay for anything if I can do it myself, EVER(unless time is a major factor, but I'm to cheap for that to matter in most cases).

Actually in researching it before hand, as I knew what was wrong, most message boards comments stated how they just sold the car, or gave up due to the placement of the alternator. LOL The standard cost would have been $800+, but I've been going to my mechanic for years, so I always get good rates. Sadly, cars or like anything else, as some engineers design things from a practical stand point, while others do what they feel, and to hell with ease of repair at a future time. As that is of no concern to the creative side of the process.

I've done a lot of mods and case swaps on handhelds and consoles over the years as well, and some defy reason and logic, while others where easy beyond belief. On my Honda, I could have changed it myself to a much cheaper expense, but sometimes I win, and some times I lose, it's the nature of the game I suppose. But yeah, if there's a video or tutorial out there that shows me the way, I'm all in.

EDIT: And on a side note, this is the first alternator I've ever had go out on any car, so the engineers may have been on to something. So if it's not something that needs to be accessed regularly, where other items might, it may be placed properly then. And the newer the car, the more crap they keep cramming in. Luckily my car is 10 years older than my wife's, so more things are cheaper and less time consuming to fix.
Yeah, if it were buried I would not attempt it either. While what you said is true in regards to design choices, I tend to be be biased towards Japanese vehicles in that respect because I feel that under the hood components tend to be more often placed with practicality in mind on those makes. I've never owned a European car, but I've heard they can be hell, and I currently own a "hand me down" Chrysler 300 that I can already tell is going to be more difficult to deal with when the time comes, just by looking at the layout under the hood. It's probably irritating to just about anyone that looks at things from a practical operation standpoint versus a strictly "performance" or "design" mindset. Anyway, I'm now derailing this thread, so I'll shut up.

Anyway, I'm now derailing this thread, so I'll shut up.
This thread is derailed 95% of the time, and at least where not fighting about something, so it's a better discussion than most LOL

Yeah, I have to agree the Japanese cars seem to be best(at least in my experiences), and old school US auto as well. I haven't owned any Euro vehicles, but I've heard many horror stories there as well. My wife's car is a Ford(which we only got due to a family member being sick, and not needing it anymore in this life), and God only knows what the hell Ford was thinking in the design, but parts are normally priced decent, and the car runs well, so overall it has it's pluses and minuses. But normally we buy Toyota/Honda.

I know I've mentioned this a few times but I don't know if there was a response (I've been traveling a lot the last few days) but anyone else still waiting on their WB order? I ordered the full set (full WB set, not the one with LB) so I figured mine would be the last to ship but still, it's been a month since I placed my order and it's still unfilled. 

I know I've mentioned this a few times but I don't know if there was a response (I've been traveling a lot the last few days) but anyone else still waiting on their WB order? I ordered the full set so I figured mine would be the last to ship but still, it's been a month since I placed my order and it's still unfilled.
My standard showed up a while ago, my CE is bundled with LB so I have a while to wait on that.

I know I've mentioned this a few times but I don't know if there was a response (I've been traveling a lot the last few days) but anyone else still waiting on their WB order? I ordered the full set (full WB set, not the one with LB) so I figured mine would be the last to ship but still, it's been a month since I placed my order and it's still unfilled.
Did you combine any orders? I *think* combined Wonder Boy orders have shipped but I'm not sure. Alternatively, any chance you paid with an eCheck or other form of delayed payment?

Finally, did you get an email confirmation for your order? Sometimes PayPal allows oversales and Shopify doesn't register them because technically the item is sold out. We keep enough on hand to still fulfill those but we don't know they've happened until customers give us a heads up.

Playasia puts thought into the end product. LRG just slaps together crap and calls it a day.
7yrYswA.gif

Did you combine any orders? I *think* combined Wonder Boy orders have shipped but I'm not sure. Alternatively, any chance you paid with an eCheck or other form of delayed payment?

Finally, did you get an email confirmation for your order? Sometimes PayPal allows oversales and Shopify doesn't register them because technically the item is sold out. We keep enough on hand to still fulfill those but we don't know they've happened until customers give us a heads up.
I ordered for the SE and CE (in the morning batch) and later contacted help desk about putting in a new order for card protectors to protect the cards. I got a reply saying they'll pull my order w/ a 1 penny refund, so it doesn't get shipped and told me to place the 2nd order for the card protectors. I placed the order and help desk said they'll combined and refunded me the shipping on the 2nd card protectors order. I paid with PayPal, not echeck.

I dont have my copy of Volume. But thats because its with my Skullgirls preorder :(

:lol:
When you have another unfulfilled order with them, open a help desk ticket and ask them to send Volume with that order. That's what I did.

My Night Trap SE + CE + Bunker showed up today. Some panic when the box was clearly squashed on one end, but miraculously everything inside was fine.

Firewatch was done by Cory schmitz wasn't it
Olly Moss - his work is incredible. Most people have probably encountered his Star Wars posters at some point in their lives. He's really good. I'm not just biased because we released it - I seriously think our Firewatch package is up there in terms of best PS4 packaging ever (on point bonus item in the map replica, beautiful cover art, and fitting interior art).

mossstarwars.jpg

I ordered for the SE and CE (in the morning batch) and later contacted help desk about putting in a new order for card protectors to protect the cards. I got a reply saying they'll pull my order w/ a 1 penny refund, so it doesn't get shipped and told me to place the 2nd order for the card protectors. I placed the order and help desk said they'll combined and refunded me the shipping on the 2nd card protectors order. I paid with PayPal, not echeck.
Sounds like combined orders weren't completed for Wonder Boy. Probably worth opening a support ticket at limitedrungames.freshdesk.com to see if combined Wonder Boy orders have shipped and if so, whether yours was lost in the shuffle.

WOW, those Star Wars Posters are cool as  fuck !

I'm gonna look that guy up right now, as I may want to buy something if all his stuff is that good. Thanks for the heads up.

I was able to stop by the Limited Run Games booth during PAX. Most of what they had on offer I had already secured in their initial runs. I WAS able to acquire a Vita copy of Stealth Inc. For anyone who had missed out on some of the more recent releases, it was a cornucopia of opportunity. I've just been fairly diligent over the past year, and been present for most of the entries.

I was able to stop by the Limited Run Games booth during PAX. Most of what they had on offer I had already secured in their initial runs. I WAS able to acquire a Vita copy of Stealth Inc. For anyone who had missed out on some of the more recent releases, it was a cornucopia of opportunity. I've just been fairly diligent over the past year, and been present for most of the entries.
Yeah, we've been selling off the withheld copies of our 2017 and late 2016 releases. Many of the most popular releases were sold off through waiting lists (DBCS PS4, for example) so we don't have those on hand anymore.

For those wondering, we withhold ~10% of every run for replacing lost or damaged orders. Those are sold off later in-person at events or online whenever we do our yearly blowout sale. We'll probably do that in January for what we have right now - last year we did it on Black Friday but we want to avoid generating excess revenue right before the tax year is up.

When you have another unfulfilled order with them, open a help desk ticket and ask them to send Volume with that order. That's what I did.

My Night Trap SE + CE + Bunker showed up today. Some panic when the box was clearly squashed on one end, but miraculously everything inside was fine.
I almost forgot Night Trap has been shipping... I wonder if mine is held up because of the Blu-Ray documentary disc... Anyone get an order with the Blu-Ray yet?

I almost forgot Night Trap has been shipping... I wonder if mine is held up because of the Blu-Ray documentary disc... Anyone get an order with the Blu-Ray yet?
It's likely that you combined orders. I'm not sure if customer support is doing a good enough job of making sure people are aware that combining orders will delay their shipment until the end of the cycle. There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding it.

So this means Playasia didn't get a CE like they though and the LRG are in fact the only CE available for Ys Origin?
I believe the CE was still being released, it just won't have an English option in the game, which was what Josh was trying to make clear to all involved. So that way people didn't spend funds on a game they couldn't possibly play.

It's likely that you combined orders. I'm not sure if customer support is doing a good enough job of making sure people are aware that combining orders will delay their shipment until the end of the cycle. There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding it.
Yep, that would be the reason.

So this means Playasia didn't get a CE like they though and the LRG are in fact the only CE available for Ys Origin?
Yes, and I tried to make this very clear to anyone holding out for one. The only CE outside of ours is a Korean CE that is entirely in Korean. I don't even know where people could purchase it if they'd wanted.

i am still waiting on night trap order also. i was just checking if anyone knows if the pc version might be the hold up?

or one of the other items that was on sale at same time might be the delay? 

Yay, got my Wonder Boy replacement today for the one that was crushed.  Now everything is right with the world...except I'm still waiting for Night Trap, want to play it so bad as it's giving me fits  :lol:

Doomstink, your CS Justin made the process quick and painless for me.  Give him a big thumbs up. 

i am still waiting on night trap order also. i was just checking if anyone knows if the pc version might be the hold up?

or one of the other items that was on sale at same time might be the delay?
im waiting too, and yes the pc version is the hold up, not released till end of this month.

bread's done
Back