Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
We barely pay ourselves, let alone people to post about us on message boards. If you haven't noticed, we post for ourselves (Douglas and I) on several forums. The people posting as fans are legitimate fans, they like what we're doing and they defend it on their own volition.

Last edited by a moderator:
We barely pay ourselves, let alone people to post about us on message boards. If you haven't noticed, we post for ourselves (Douglas and I) on several forums. The people posting as fans are legitimate fans, they like what we're doing and they defend it on their own volition.
There are always going to be negative/critical/complaining people who criticize LRG and believe that they personally know a better way to run the business that you guys worked hard to build from scratch. Better just to ignore these kinds of people, they are just a vocal minority and don't represent the vast majority of your customers.

Weird, both of mine shipped together (Lili and N+).
probably cause I bought my copies of lil in the 2nd batch and N+ in the first. got all my shipping notices yesterday. now to just patiently wait for Ys. And ill probably try to get in on SW2 on monday but not getting my hopes up with teh small batch number.

When I authorize payment via paypal, my phone number does not show up. I get stopped again on the LRG checkout page alerting me that I need to enter a valid phone number. 

My address that's saved on my LRG account has my phone number. Is there anything I can do to get this automatically filled in when I try to order? 

When I authorize payment via paypal, my phone number does not show up. I get stopped again on the LRG checkout page alerting me that I need to enter a valid phone number.

My address that's saved on my LRG account has my phone number. Is there anything I can do to get this automatically filled in when I try to order?
If you log into PayPal, click the little gear on the top right, you don't see a spot to add your phone number?

I didn't think it was possible to have PayPal without a phone number.

If you log into PayPal, click the little gear on the top right, you don't see a spot to add your phone number?

I didn't think it was possible to have PayPal without a phone number.
Sorry for being unclear. My phone number shows up on my PayPal account, my phone number shows up on my LRG account when viewing my address book.

When in my cart and I click PayPal, and get redirected back to LRG I see an errror to add my number.

Sorry for being unclear. My phone number shows up on my PayPal account, my phone number shows up on my LRG account when viewing my address book.

When in my cart and I click PayPal, and get redirected back to LRG I see an errror to add my number.
I looked in to this awhile back, and I was never able to find a way(And I looked and searched a good long while). I was also told by some here, it is some form of security check, and that you can't have it saved. I just "copy" my phone number to my browser before hand, and then "paste" it when that part comes up. It's not as fast as being saved, but it does save time.

I looked in to this awhile back, and I was never able to find a way(And I looked and searched a good long while). I was also told by some here, it is some form of security check, and that you can't have it saved. I just "copy" my phone number to my browser before hand, and then "paste" it when that part comes up. It's not as fast as being saved, but it does save time.
Thanks for letting me know the issue wasn't specific to my account and an acceptable work-around.
Try this instead:

1. Log into LRG/PayPal like you normally would before the games go on sale.

2. Add something like the card protectors or shipping box to your cart and check-out.

3. On the first page of checkout with your customer info, fill in your phone number.

4. Hit continue to shipping method and on this page, simply click "cart" (top-ish left) and delete whatever you added to the cart. Don't use the back button- that might not save your info.

5. When the games go live, add them to your cart and check out like you normally would and your address/info should be saved.

You can try this now by adding the card protectors, going back to cart/deleting everything, and then adding something else to your cart (protective box) and your phone number should be saved. Just make sure to not fully check out, otherwise you'll be buying something you don't need. :p

I just tried that Vinny and it's not working for me. Whenever I click back to LRG homepage and and something else to my cart it's not recognizing I've already added my number, even if I leave the first item in the cart. 

I think I'm just going to have to try the copy/pasta on my next order. 

Yeah, all the info is always there, the phone number is the only thing that doesn't save for some reason. But I have tried this, as well as many other suggestions around the web, and not one of them ever saved the phone number. 

I just tried that Vinny and it's not working for me. Whenever I click back to LRG homepage and and something else to my cart it's not recognizing I've already added my number, even if I leave the first item in the cart.

I think I'm just going to have to try the copy/pasta on my next order.
I have the same issue I think, but only when I used the Paypal button from the cart. I started using the checkout button instead and it filled in my number fine, and then just picking paypal as the payment option. I'm not sure if this takes more time then copying and pasting.

I have the same issue I think, but only when I used the Paypal button from the cart. I started using the checkout button instead and it filled in my number fine, and then just picking paypal as the payment option. I'm not sure if this takes more time then copying and pasting.
Thanks, this worked for me and on my phone is much faster as sometimes a long press to paste gets confused with a hard press for whatever BS apple thought I would ever use that for.

Too bad you didn't get the game first to practice dodging debris.
dTVe7xI.gif

Looks like LRG cancelled their plans for the 32X variant. Just got this email.

Good afternoon, 

[SIZE=12.8px]Due to some unforeseen events, we are unable to produce the 32x variant for Night Trap as was initially planned. We do apologize for this inconvenience. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.8px]Since you have already sent in your tickets we can hold onto them and you can use it for a later title (this does include the variant cover edition for Ys Origins and Flame and the Flood). Just let us know how you would like to proceed![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.8px]Cheers, [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.8px]Emily Z[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12.8px]Customer Support [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12.8px]Limited Run Games[/SIZE]

WOW, I wonder what happened there? I wasn't close to the 40 tickets, and I'm saving mine for a Vita exclusive item anyways. But for those who wanted this variant, that sucks. But I guess something else will take it's place down the road, so it's still a free game(or at least $25 worth of one), so not a big deal, you'll just have to wait on something else.

So -1 use for the tickets.  My guess is the later printing would require ESRB and the dev wouldn't agree to the extra cost for whatever reason.

Looks like LRG cancelled their plans for the 32X variant. Just got this email.

Good afternoon,

[SIZE=12.8px]Due to some unforeseen events, we are unable to produce the 32x variant for Night Trap as was initially planned. We do apologize for this inconvenience. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.8px]Since you have already sent in your tickets we can hold onto them and you can use it for a later title (this does include the variant cover edition for Ys Origins and Flame and the Flood). Just let us know how you would like to proceed![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.8px]Cheers, [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.8px]Emily Z[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12.8px]Customer Support [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12.8px]Limited Run Games[/SIZE]
This is a pretty big bummer. I remember Josh saying they wanted to sell that variant to people that didn't get to order the normal version. Hopefully LRG can provide some info in to what happened.

This is a pretty big bummer. I remember Josh saying they wanted to sell that variant to people that didn't get to order the normal version. Hopefully LRG can provide some info in to what happened.
Oh, I forgot about that, that's a shame. Hopefully they still have copies I'm still waiting on mine.

Weren't they also planning on offering the 32X cover without the game for a lesser amount of tickets? If so, is that still an option?
Apparently not because they will still need to pay for the ESRB rating as that is now a Sony requirement for the game covers going forward..

So for the Shadow Warriors Collection release, only 85 of the Special Reserve standard + Limited Run variant bundles are going to be listed. I usually checkout pretty fast, but thinking I'm probably going to just go for the standalone variant.

Did anyone else notice this part of their email?

LRG said:
Special Reserve Games' standard version of this release sold out several weeks ago and is already fetching several times the original retail price on secondary markets. This is your last chance to add this game to your PS4 collection at a fair price before it is completely sold out!
Seems like they're saying "hey buy this because it's already worth more than we're selling it for"

LRG, any chance of getting a Thimbleweed Park or Observer release? I know Layers of Fear is coming but Observer looks like it will be even better.

LRG, any chance of getting a Thimbleweed Park or Observer release? I know Layers of Fear is coming but Observer looks like it will be even better.
Fangamer just added a PC physical version yesterday for Thimbleweed Park I believe, so if a physical version is going to happen for the consoles, I'm sure it would be there. As they have been selling merch as well since the game first launched. They even have a cool art book for it that went up for preorder yesterday as well, and I plan to grab it up when I get the chance.

I'm actually a little confused right now. What's with these limited Shadow Warrior releases? Hasn't Majesco already released the first Shadow Warrior on Ps4? And aren't they going to do the same for Shadow Warrior 2? If so, then what does the Reserve Games release offer that the Majesco release does not?

I'm actually a little confused right now. What's with these limited Shadow Warrior releases? Hasn't Majesco already released the first Shadow Warrior on Ps4? And aren't they going to do the same for Shadow Warrior 2? If so, then what does the Reserve Games release offer that the Majesco release does not?
This is for shadow warrior 2 not 1

Seems like they're saying "hey buy this because it's already worth more than we're selling it for"
Yeah that makes it almost not worth going for. Pretty risky to go for it and if it sells out before checking out, you then risk missing out on the standalone variant.

Reminds me of the Oddworld Stranger's Wrath email:

"The game will sell for $29.99 - only 4,500 copies have been produced! Our last Oddworld release on Vita sold out in under five minutes! It now sells for several times its original price - don't miss out on this one!"

Majesco is supposedly going to be publishing Shadow Warrior 2 as well, so I repeat, what makes this limited release so desirable when it's supposed to be getting a normal non limited release?
Not sure where you heard that. Majesco has been defunct since December 2016 and that Amazon listing was an error.

Majesco is supposedly going to be publishing Shadow Warrior 2 as well, so I repeat, what makes this limited release so desirable when it's supposed to be getting a normal non limited release?
Majesco no longer in the video game business last I heard, only a handful of Shadow Warrior 2 copies to be released on physical disc

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Not sure where you heard that. Majesco has been defunct since December 2016 and that Amazon listing was an error.
Ah! It makes WAY more sense now, thank you! I had no idea that Majesco was defunct. That just shows how little I do to keep up with this sort of stuff. I suppose that I should try my hand I purchasing this release then.

This isn't a LRG release... they're doing this to help spread the word on SRG. I don't think there's anything wrong with hyping it up.

FYI, SRG Customer Service is shit.  Been waiting over two weeks for a reply on a damaged SW2, damaged scroll, and been waiting over 2 months for an update on a shipping refund for Strafe.

Fangamer just added a PC physical version yesterday for Thimbleweed Park I believe, so if a physical version is going to happen for the consoles, I'm sure it would be there. As they have been selling merch as well since the game first launched. They even have a cool art book for it that went up for preorder yesterday as well, and I plan to grab it up when I get the chance.
Cool, good to hear. Saw the game on display at PAX and it reminded me of the good ol' days playing Lucas Arts and Sierra adventure games in Jr High.

Cool, good to hear. Saw the game on display at PAX and it reminded me of the good ol' days playing Lucas Arts and Sierra adventure games in Jr High.
Yeah, I've been wanting to get it, but I'm not much of a PC gamer, and I don't own any next gen systems. I'll probably get it for the NS at some point down the road, hopefully it's offered physical by then. Here's a link to the Fangamer listing BTW:

https://www.fangamer.com/products/thimbleweed-park-game-box

FYI, SRG Customer Service is shit. Been waiting over two weeks for a reply on a damaged SW2, damaged scroll, and been waiting over 2 months for an update on a shipping refund for Strafe.
Yeah after all the unpleasant issues and negative reviews I've seen about SRG I don't think I want to get involved with this.

FYI, SRG Customer Service is shit. Been waiting over two weeks for a reply on a damaged SW2, damaged scroll, and been waiting over 2 months for an update on a shipping refund for Strafe.
I'd guess the price for the bundle was set by SRG, but that's insane charging $85 for two copies of Shadow Warrior 2. I bought their collector's edition of their site and it came with Shadow Warrior 1 & 2 PS4, and PC Physical of SW2 with Steam Keys. Although I wish the collectors box was for PS4....I have no use for the physical SW2 PC.

It took FOREVER for them to ship that though - I bought it in May and it barely got here end of August.

Yeah after all the unpleasant issues and negative reviews I've seen about SRG I don't think I want to get involved with this.
I completely hear that.

This release is from LRG at this point. I got my copy of strafe from them and if I didn't get a copy of SW2 from SRG I would 100% buy the copy from LRG.

I ordered two copies of Strafe, one for me, another for a buddy.  They had issues with ordering more than one copy together, so I was informed by more than one person at SRG that they would refund the second shipping charge because BOTH copies were shipped together.  Never got anything after repeatedly being told I would receive a refund, or it was processing.  They closed my ticket without informing me as well.  Ordered SW2, with the Kanji.  Game came dinged up from the scroll being on top and sandwiched in the box, and the scroll was ripped.  Filed a new ticket for the Strafe issue and SW2 issue.  Heard nothing yet after I was informed that they would be replying to my ticket very soon.  fucking ridiculous.

Just so there's no misunderstanding, SRG was only involved with the manufacturing, LRG will handle the sale and distribution for the the variant... this should be no different than any other LRG release in terms of customer service and getting your package. It's not part of the LRG numbered series, it won't have a reward ticket or the card- those are about the only differences between this and any other LRG release. LRG already has the game on hand from what I've seen so it should be shipped fairly quickly too. 

I'd guess the price for the bundle was set by SRG, but that's insane charging $85 for two copies of Shadow Warrior 2. I bought their collector's edition of their site and it came with Shadow Warrior 1 & 2 PS4, and PC Physical of SW2 with Steam Keys. Although I wish the collectors box was for PS4....I have no use for the physical SW2 PC.

It took FOREVER for them to ship that though - I bought it in May and it barely got here end of August.
I agree. SRG did a pretty poor job on the SW2 CE (I bought one too). Instead of a single box containing the SW2 PS4 game, art book, and soundtrack, they made a cheap little separate box for the extras, and the PS4 game is just in a regular case by itself. They should have followed Play Asia's model of having a larger (higher quality) outer box, and the PS4 game case, art book, soundtrack, and stickers inside. The Kanji scroll is not only useless, but it damaged two items from my two orders (I ordered one regular PS4 version and one bundle). The scroll dented one PS4 case and the CE box itself. Very poor idea to include such a bulky, awkward shaped, useless item.

These releases comes with both Shadow Warriors as well though,

"This release is a two-disc collection that includes both Shadow Warrior and Shadow Warrior 2, each on their own separate disc."

so you're actually getting two collections of Shadow Warriors, not two Shadow Warriors 2 only games.

Just so there's no misunderstanding, SRG was only involved with the manufacturing, LRG will handle the sale and distribution for the the variant... this should be no different than any other LRG release in terms of customer service and getting your package. It's not part of the LRG numbered series, it won't have a reward ticket or the card- those are about the only differences between this and any other LRG release. LRG already has the game on hand from what I've seen so it should be shipped fairly quickly too.
Sure, but why should people support SRG by buying the variant of the release through LRG given all the issues SRG has had with poor customer service and issues related to the design of the product? I literally had to post repeatedly on Facebook and Twitter for two weeks to get SRG to acknowledge the fact that they never sent my copies of Strafe as they ignored multiple e-mails to their customer service desk. I mean I'm a big fan of what LRG is doing, but I'm sure not going to do anything to support SRG going forward and I frankly think LRG should cut ties until SRG gets their act together.

bread's done
Back