Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Yeah, that would have still been unfortunate (for me) but at least understandable. I actually hadn't even noticed Josh's reply until your comment so thanks for the notification :razz:

Interesting that he mentioned they're getting more slipcovers as that's what was damaged on mine and I even asked if replacing just the slipcover would be possible and was told no.
If you sent in your copy because the slip cover was damaged, I would definitely insist that they send you back your copy once they get replacement slipcovers.

If you sent in your copy because the slip cover was damaged, I would definitely insist that they send you back your copy once they get replacement slipcovers.
You read my mind. I just finished sending a message asking for just that.

Josh also replied with some more info stating the replacement slipcovers will arrive around Nov/Dec. Looks like almost all of their replacement copies came damaged from what he said. I feel like that would have been helpful for support to mention to ameliorate the situation.

I recommend everyone put in a ticket to get your ps4 Skullgirls asap and not wait to ship it with the vita release. God only knows when the vita copy is actually coming out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recommend everyone put in a ticket to get your ps4 Skullgirls asap and not wait to ship it with the vita release. God only knows when the vita copy is actually coming out.
Everyone should submit tickets everyday for anything they haven’t received. God knows these games need to be sitting on shelves in homes being neglected or posted on eBay. F patience!

Everyone should submit tickets everyday for anything they haven’t received. God knows these games need to be sitting on shelves in homes being neglected or posted on eBay. F patience!
I know that's just passive aggressive sarcasm, but LRG's the ones that sent the email to those that bought both to open a ticket if they want their PS4 version when it comes in since the vita one is delayed. Do you work in customer support ? :whistle2:

I know that's just passive aggressive sarcasm, but LRG's the ones that sent the email to those that bought both to open a ticket if they want their PS4 version when it comes in since the vita one is delayed. Do you work in customer support ? :whistle2:
Not sure I'd bother opening a ticket with them... They're giving Play Asia a run for their money in terms of customer support so far.

LRG has no reason to improve its support or shipping since they keep selling out in minutes each time. Not sure how they got to be so untouchable; two bad releases was all it took for Special Reserve to not be able to sell through 1500 copies of their newest game. Truth is LRG has been making questionable decisions for awhile now and have always been pretty direct in defending themselves the way a normal business does. Yet they get held on a pedestal unlike other regular businesses. Imagine the salt if there was a regular how to take advantage of LRG thread like there is with Gamestop or Target. But that's exactly how I think CAG should be treating them at the end of the day.

Not sure I'd bother opening a ticket with them... They're giving Play Asia a run for their money in terms of customer support so far.
LOL.

I've only had one CS issue with LRG so far, and it was handled OK, in regards to what the issue was. PA on the other hand, well, that was a different matter entirely. But in the end, that turned out OK as well, but not really because they wanted it to, but because I made them with threats.

No paying customer should ever have to threaten any business they have paid funds to, but when regular forms of communication are not working, it becomes a "by any means necessary" type of situation. Now I'm not advocating anyone here do charge backs, or things along those lines, but once the end of someones rope has been reached, it doesn't take much for rational people, to become irrational.

That's my 2 cents on this subject anyways.

LRG has no reason to improve its support or shipping since they keep selling out in minutes each time. Not sure how they got to be so untouchable; two bad releases was all it took for Special Reserve to not be able to sell through 1500 copies of their newest game. Truth is LRG has been making questionable decisions for awhile now and have always been pretty direct in defending themselves the way a normal business does. Yet they get held on a pedestal unlike other regular businesses. Imagine the salt if there was a regular how to take advantage of LRG thread like there is with Gamestop or Target. But that's exactly how I think CAG should be treating them at the end of the day.
I would consider myself to be someone who strongly supports LRG and what they have done since inception. At the same time, I recognize that they still have some significant shortcomings in connection with communication and customer service (both response time and outcome). I mean yesterday's release was a low point where they didn't even get the item up and either didn't realize it or didn't communicate about it for 20+ minutes. All the while, customers were taking time away from work or family or whatever else to keep refreshing, wasting the time of hundreds or thousands of people. This issue today with telling someone to send their damaged game in at that person's expense and then claiming they have no replacements is just awful.

The problem from my perspective is that from the very beginning, there has been so much background noise and bitching about their business model or loose discs or absurd claims that they are somehow hurting collectors by providing the choice of variants or lots of releases that it's hard for me and likely hard for them to cut through all the nonsense and get to the core concerns. Frankly, I believe that LRG should be held to a high standard in connection with communicating and customer service given that it has now been a year and a half of operations and many, many game releases. At the same time, I believe customers should also recognize that LRG have given us direct access that most companies have not and will not and they have been good about not trying to silence critics despite a constant barrage of attacks on Facebook, Twitter and their own forums.

While it's not a justification and I hope LRG doesn't measure themselves in these terms, I can't tell you how horrific it is to deal with Square Enix or Gamestop customer service where "customer service" means waiting on hold for hours at a time to speak with someone that cannot help or opening a ticket that can take weeks to receive a response, only to be told that your $200 CE that was crushed and completely broken is not going to be replaced. Special Reserve is even worse and have now failed to ship my orders of two separate releases and they keep using the same excuse that somehow their system had a problem. It literally took me two weeks of constant Twitter and Facebook hounding to get them to finally ship the last time. Play Asia has terrible customer service and if you ever receive a damaged item or an item gets lost, you can just assume that you're never getting a refund or replacement short of filing a chargeback with your credit card company.

I believe that even at its worst, LRG customer service is far better than that and I hope that it will continue to get better over time.

So yes, I do think we should hold LRG accountable, but that everyone needs to have reasonable expectations and focus on the real issues and not all the background garbage that is just confusing the basic issues.

I'd pin the most vocal people as having their ebay feedback on the line for purchased items they can't deliver and the buyer getting pissy.

LRG inserted themselves into a position where they cannot fail thanks to everybody trying to collect all PS4/Vita games primarily in the NA region from the start and having done so BEFORE LRG came to be.

Remember PS4, Vita, and Wii U and now Switch are all the first brand new systems to hit the market since the collector bubble exploded (PS3 and 360 arrived slightly before things got stupid and they and everything before are already a lost cause for most). These are the first systems that came out after the collector craze started and that which people are able to collect for from day 0. So everybody and their sister are collecting for the new post 2005+ consoles before anything has a chance to become "rare". Vita and Wii U doubly so due to the low hanging fruit for complete set collectors due to the <= 150 physical releases.

LRG has no competition as all the other limited run copy cats so far are less desirable UK or Asia releases and aren't "mandatory" for more common NA collectors. Notice how quickly LRG moved in to "partner" with SRG since they were the only NA competitor to appear.

People who have many years invested into their PS4 and/or Vita library long before LRG existed have no recourse except to give up collecting or hand over half their monthly collecting budget to LRG or face having their collection broken forever.

Step 1) find something people have been collecting for many many years that they aren't likely to give up on now

Step 2) make a company and spam a flurry of limited items that are officially part of that set

Step 3) collectors either have to stop collecting, accept broken sets, or buy everything you make

Step 4) profit!

Whether or not that was their intention, their very existence has stirred up some shit and thrown a huge and undesired wrench of chaos and paranoia into every collector's lives and budgets.

While many of the games are a nice addition to have and would not otherwise be available, collecting was far less stressful before all these limited run and kickstarter physical release outfits started popping up left and right. I miss the days when the worst thing you could miss was a oddball Walmart or Gamestop exclusive once or twice a year that nobody cared about like some farming simulator.

It's sad how private party non retail release "limited" games are quickly overtaking a large fraction of an entire library. LRG is like 1/4 to 1/3 of all NA Vita releases for example. A system most people thought they were done with years ago.

I’m aware.

It’s more in response to the bitching in general in the thread.

Got a response from LRG’s customer service team about my Skull Girls split shipment request. They said it’s no problem & that they’ll ship the PS4 version as soon as they get it. They also added that the PS Vita version will be shipping sometime in November. There’s no additional cost for the split shipment.

Got a response from LRG’s customer service team about my Skull Girls split shipment request. They said it’s no problem & that they’ll ship the PS4 version as soon as they get it. They also added that the PS Vita version will be shipping sometime in November. There’s no additional cost for the split shipment.
Nice to hear there's no cost. So it seems like there's no real downside to splitting the shipment.

LRG inserted themselves into a position where they cannot fail thanks to everybody trying to collect all PS4/Vita games primarily in the NA region from the start and having done so BEFORE LRG came to be.

Remember PS4, Vita, and Wii U and now Switch are all the first brand new systems to hit the market since the collector bubble exploded (PS3 and 360 arrived slightly before things got stupid and they and everything before are already a lost cause for most). These are the first systems that came out after the collector craze started and that which people are able to collect for from day 0. So everybody and their sister are collecting for the new post 2005+ consoles before anything has a chance to become "rare". Vita and Wii U doubly so due to the low hanging fruit for complete set collectors due to the <= 150 physical releases.

LRG has no competition as all the other limited run copy cats so far are less desirable UK or Asia releases and aren't "mandatory" for more common NA collectors. Notice how quickly LRG moved in to "partner" with SRG since they were the only NA competitor to appear.

People who have many years invested into their PS4 and/or Vita library long before LRG existed have no recourse except to give up collecting or hand over half their monthly collecting budget to LRG or face having their collection broken forever.

Step 1) find something people have been collecting for many many years that they aren't likely to give up on now

Step 2) make a company and spam a flurry of limited items that are officially part of that set

Step 3) collectors either have to stop collecting, accept broken sets, or buy everything you make

Step 4) profit!

Whether or not that was their intention, their very existence has stirred up some shit and thrown a huge and undesired wrench of chaos and paranoia into every collector's lives and budgets.

While many of the games are a nice addition to have and would not otherwise be available, collecting was far less stressful before all these limited run and kickstarter physical release outfits started popping up left and right. I miss the days when the worst thing you could miss was a oddball Walmart or Gamestop exclusive once or twice a year that nobody cared about like some farming simulator.

It's sad how private party non retail release "limited" games are quickly overtaking a large fraction of an entire library. LRG is like 1/4 to 1/3 of all NA Vita releases for example. A system most people thought they were done with years ago.
This is literally the type of distracting garbage I am talking about. People are raising legitimate issues about customer service and communication and you are writing diatribes about how LRG has ruined your life because you can't stop yourself from buying every release. I have news for you, collecting has been around since the 1980s and really went to the next level once Ebay came around over 20 years ago now. I distinctly recall getting into bidding wars in 1997/1998 on NES and SNES games as well as Atari stuff and I recall people saying it wouldn't last. Here we are 20 years later and people are still collecting and it keeps getting bigger. You're not entitled to preferential treatment just because you started collecting before somebody that starts tomorrow. You are aren't entitled to sympathy just because you have a compulsion that you refuse to get treatment for that most of the rest of us don't have. If you don't like all the limited releases or don't like what collecting has become, there is a very easy way to make it stop. Just quit. The good news is that with prices what they are currently, assuming you have a collection in nice condition, you should actually be able to sell out and have enough to pay for a world class therapist so you can get your life back in balance.

I have to agree. They've done a lot of good work, and I'm very thankful for some of the games they've been able to preserve (Shantae!), but my opinion of them as a whole has gone down this year. I've been there since Day 1 with Breach & Clear but broke my complete collection a while back.

It's the little things that have added up. Selling games that won't be in-stock for a month or two. Selling an online only game. Long customer service responses. Super slow UPS-MI shipping. Raising the prices of a variant cover bundle $5 and justifying it by including 2 protective cases. The change from postcards/stickers to trading cards. etc...

August was a great month with quality releases, and there are more coming like Windjammers, but it feels like they could use something fresh, like expanding to the Switch or localizing a game a lot of people would be interested in.

And there's no excuse for someone to have 13 games waiting to be delivered.

While it's not a justification and I hope LRG doesn't measure themselves in these terms, I can't tell you how horrific it is to deal with Square Enix or Gamestop customer service where "customer service" means waiting on hold for hours at a time to speak with someone that cannot help or opening a ticket that can take weeks to receive a response, only to be told that your $200 CE that was crushed and completely broken is not going to be replaced. Special Reserve is even worse and have now failed to ship my orders of two separate releases and they keep using the same excuse that somehow their system had a problem. It literally took me two weeks of constant Twitter and Facebook hounding to get them to finally ship the last time. Play Asia has terrible customer service and if you ever receive a damaged item or an item gets lost, you can just assume that you're never getting a refund or replacement short of filing a chargeback with your credit card company.

I believe that even at its worst, LRG customer service is far better than that and I hope that it will continue to get better over time.
Don't get me started on Gamestop! LOL

I've sworn off Special Reserve already, and I haven't even bought anything yet, as the level of CS issues pointed out here should be a HUGE red flag to anyone even considering giving them any funds.

I did have an issue with my Signature Edition order of Slain, and it was handled beyond well, and with little to no wait times in regards to proper replies. So for now, they have my utmost respect, and I'm very much looking forward to more of their titles.

I guess LRG falls somewhere in the middle in regards to CS, as they are far from great, but the fact that Josh & Doug can often be reached thru other means, and that they have a presence in most gaming forums, shows me their at least trying to do what's right(IMO).

I would consider myself to be someone who strongly supports LRG and what they have done since inception.
You should have made that more clear. I thought you were just looking for reasons to claim everyone with dissenting opinions or negative experiences has mental illness and needs therapy.

This is literally the type of distracting garbage I am talking about. People are raising legitimate issues about customer service and communication and you are writing diatribes about how LRG has ruined your life because you can't stop yourself from buying every release. I have news for you, collecting has been around since the 1980s and really went to the next level once Ebay came around over 20 years ago now. I distinctly recall getting into bidding wars in 1997/1998 on NES and SNES games as well as Atari stuff and I recall people saying it wouldn't last. Here we are 20 years later and people are still collecting and it keeps getting bigger. You're not entitled to preferential treatment just because you started collecting before somebody that starts tomorrow. You are aren't entitled to sympathy just because you have a compulsion that you refuse to get treatment for that most of the rest of us don't have. If you don't like all the limited releases or don't like what collecting has become, there is a very easy way to make it stop. Just quit. The good news is that with prices what they are currently, assuming you have a collection in nice condition, you should actually be able to sell out and have enough to pay for a world class therapist so you can get your life back in balance.
Took you longer than usual. The internet police are slow these days.

I'm not bombarding their support with any of this, merely stating my peace on the internet in a public forum that you are free to ignore. Much of what was said is an unspoken frustration for many.

I've only ever created one legitimate support ticket for a shattered case which was addressed quickly without issue. Couldn't care less about wait times or delays, I'm used to it as a collector. Gaijinworks, Kickstarters, Watermelon, etc, these are releases people should be happy they even managed just to get an order in when thousands didn't. Most of these are going to sit on a shelf anyway, there's little reason to be in a rush or threaten charge backs unless you are getting in trouble with ebay...

If these kinds of things bother you: a) get a normal job where you get a paycheck on exact dates with exact amounts instead of relying on speculative flips and b) stick to retail releases at WalMart/BestBuy/Target/Gamestop/etc where you don't have to wait or have delays.

For anyone bitching about delays there are 10,000 people who would love to take your order off your hands. Except that doesn't happen because ebay fever.

Yep. LRG doesn't have to get better as a company thanks to people like you who buy everything no matter what.

No what's sad is how you think this is anything besides a personal issue for you, like people have pointed out to you many times before. Publishing additional games doesn't affect you in the slightest. People are really tired of hearing you bitch about your own collector's compulsions and attempting to pass the buck onto publishers, as if its some sort of universal problem that new small batch games are getting released.

Yep. LRG doesn't have to get better as a company thanks to people like you who buy everything no matter what.

No what's sad is how you think this is anything besides a personal issue for you, like people have pointed out to you many times before. Publishing additional games doesn't affect you in the slightest. People are really tired of hearing you bitch about your own collector's compulsions and attempting to pass the buck onto publishers, as if its some sort of universal problem that new small batch games are getting released.
People. All two of you and Blowjay?

Every time a variant gets announced I find it euphoric. Not because I care about variants, but because there are people that do. To debilitating extents. 

Flaws come in all flavors, but mine tastes pretty good.

I would consider myself to be someone who strongly supports LRG and what they have done since inception. At the same time, I recognize that they still have some significant shortcomings in connection with communication and customer service (both response time and outcome). I mean yesterday's release was a low point where they didn't even get the item up and either didn't realize it or didn't communicate about it for 20+ minutes. All the while, customers were taking time away from work or family or whatever else to keep refreshing, wasting the time of hundreds or thousands of people. This issue today with telling someone to send their damaged game in at that person's expense and then claiming they have no replacements is just awful.

The problem from my perspective is that from the very beginning, there has been so much background noise and bitching about their business model or loose discs or absurd claims that they are somehow hurting collectors by providing the choice of variants or lots of releases that it's hard for me and likely hard for them to cut through all the nonsense and get to the core concerns. Frankly, I believe that LRG should be held to a high standard in connection with communicating and customer service given that it has now been a year and a half of operations and many, many game releases. At the same time, I believe customers should also recognize that LRG have given us direct access that most companies have not and will not and they have been good about not trying to silence critics despite a constant barrage of attacks on Facebook, Twitter and their own forums.

So yes, I do think we should hold LRG accountable, but that everyone needs to have reasonable expectations and focus on the real issues and not all the background garbage that is just confusing the basic issues.
And issues like damaged games, lack of good customer service hurt there bottom line. $$$ It's usually the only way to get any businesses attention too is when they start loosing enough money. I'm sure ego's on both sides aren't helping either.

Nobody wants that one because it's not rare.
I think Lawbreakers is officially the first LRG to dip below MSRP on the secondary market. Some titles haven't gone up past original cost or have only gone up $5-10 bucks, but Lawbreakers seems to be selling at around $30 right now, $10 less than it originally cost. Embarrassing :rofl:

Nice to hear there's no cost. So it seems like there's no real downside to splitting the shipment.
The only downside is them shipping Skullgirls PS4 in a bubble mailer because it will be by itself. Probably more of a downside to some more than others.

The only downside is them shipping Skullgirls PS4 in a bubble mailer because it will be by itself. Probably more of a downside to some more than others.
I hadn't even considered that. For some reason I had it in my head it was a Collector's Edition. I guess I'll just leave mine as-is. I dread having to contact LRG support again.

I think Lawbreakers is officially the first LRG to dip below MSRP on the secondary market. Some titles haven't gone up past original cost or have only gone up $5-10 bucks, but Lawbreakers seems to be selling at around $30 right now, $10 less than it originally cost. Embarrassing :rofl:
Thomas is no longer alone?

And issues like damaged games, lack of good customer service hurt there bottom line. $$$ It's usually the only way to get any businesses attention too is when they start loosing enough money. I'm sure ego's on both sides aren't helping either.
Heads up. Grammar police coming for you.

I sincerely hope they don't do this. I always just assumed it was getting a box. Did Broken Age get shipped in a bubble mailer if you ordered it alone? I know that had a slip cover as well.

Squarehard,

Just a heads up, unless something has changed or they are just being lazy updating the site... it's posted on the LRG website here:

https://limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/absolute-drift-zen-edition-is-drifting-to-your-ps4

That Absolute Drift Zen Edition is going on sale October 13th. So you can update the OP and thread title... if the info is still valid.
Had no idea they even updated that section recently, so I'll add it into the title now.

I typically don't add it into the op though until there's an official listing for it just in case, as you've alluded to, things change, since it's more than likely to happen nowadays.

At least for now we know it's coming up, but just not sure exactly when yet for sure without a listing, and even then, it's sort of a crap shoot as we all know. ;D

Honestly, at least half of my Vita collection comes from Gamestop. The ones in my area treat me good despite other's misgivings about it. Now that I think about it, a significant portion of my overall collection has come from GS

Since it's a CE, I think they'll ship it in a box, by default.
Its been so long I can't even remember what was included lol. If its a standard PS4 case with a slipcover they will likely ship it in a bubble mailer. If the PS4 case is housed inside a slightly larger box (like the Play-Asia CE releases) then yeah they will likely ship it in a box.

Its been so long I can't even remember what was included lol. If its a standard PS4 case with a slipcover they will likely ship it in a bubble mailer. If the PS4 case is housed inside a slightly larger box (like the Play-Asia CE releases) then yeah they will likely ship it in a box.
Ah rats, you're right. It says it's just with a slipcover.

https://limitedrungames.com/products/preorder-skullgirls-2nd-encore-ps4

In that case, I'm gonna let them ship mine together. Also got Volume waiting with the same order.

It comes with soundtrack in a jewel case, so it's almost for sure it'll be shipped in a box.

In that case, I'm gonna let them ship mine together. Also got Volume waiting with the same order.
Is it just a slipcover? I haven't kept up with it for so long I had no idea they took the soundtrack out of the final packaging, lol.

I doubt anyone cares but I did finally get my LRG ticket resolved (assuming they follow through).  They seem extremely disorganized.

I doubt anyone cares but I did finally get my LRG ticket resolved (assuming they follow through). They seem extremely disorganized.
source.gif

Well you could have them split the order and go ahead and ship your Volume with it and then it should qualify for the box upgrade. Of course then you have to worry about the vita version, but maybe by time that happens there will be another release to bundle it with.

bread's done
Back