Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
It comes with soundtrack in a jewel case, so it's almost for sure it'll be shipped in a box.

Is it just a slipcover? I haven't kept up with it for so long I had no idea they took the soundtrack out of the final packaging, lol.
It's game w/ slipcover plus OST in jewel case... there's no indication it'll all be in a CE box, at least that's how it looks to me from the picture.

I think Lawbreakers is officially the first LRG to dip below MSRP on the secondary market. Some titles haven't gone up past original cost or have only gone up $5-10 bucks, but Lawbreakers seems to be selling at around $30 right now, $10 less than it originally cost. Embarrassing :rofl:
I'm hoping to get it for next to nothing... Kind of want it in my collection due to having every title but having something that is a future coaster isn't worth the initial cost to me. Basically it would be like me renting a game I can't play even now (no active PSN+ account).

Would have rather a discount than a damn "pencil board".  What the hell am I going to do with a "pencil board". Googled it and I'm still not sure what the hell is a "pencil board". What really aggravates me about the Skullgirls delay is I think I remember them saying they will also be selling extra copies. So we waited a year while they kept our money and they will  have extras to sell to those that did did not bother to pre-order. And in the end that will also cause the value of the games to drop as I doubt those extras will sell out fast because who the hell is playing Skullgirls in 2017. But hey, I got a "pencil board". Guess I can write fuck you on it and hang it on my wall to remind me of this fiasco.

I just don't get the vitriol. The delay sucks, and they probably should have had a more firmed up plan prior to opening pre-orders--sure, no denying this. But we all have guaranteed copies. The game goes on digital sale for dirt cheap and has been out for years, so one can certainly play it already. And if the $50-100ish that you spent on it ages ago is that big of a problem, you have bigger worries than collecting video games. Besides, you'd just be spending that money on the copies when they do actually get released, so it's ultimately the same thing.

I guess I'm just trying to say that I get the frustration--it's obviously not been a great experience; but I do not get the overt levels of ire and umbrage. You'll get your games. If you don't like how this was handled, then don't buy games from them again--or at least not pre-orders. Besides, nothing LRG has ever done can compare to the laughable shit show that is SRG, so count your blessing that the largest player in the limited game market is at least mostly competent. 

e34101f442879557d77a9a29c778c213.gif

It comes with soundtrack in a jewel case, so it's almost for sure it'll be shipped in a box.

Is it just a slipcover? I haven't kept up with it for so long I had no idea they took the soundtrack out of the final packaging, lol.
I've had two orders that were game and sound track ship in bubble mailer.

I've had two orders that were game and sound track ship in bubble mailer.
Same here, all my game + OST orders always came in a bubble mailer but they would put the CDs in it's own wrap around inside the bubble mailer.

Maybe they just hate you like they do Vinny.

Mine have always shipped in a box.

LRG sure is picky when it comes to their customers! ;D
Damn, and here I thought I was special. On the plus side, they're at least gonna fix my Plague Road KS debacle.

I must be the only LRG customer who only buys what he wants, doesn't care about loose discs and is perfectly fine waiting however long it takes for them to come in. :D

Would have rather a discount than a damn "pencil board". What the hell am I going to do with a "pencil board". Googled it and I'm still not sure what the hell is a "pencil board". What really aggravates me about the Skullgirls delay is I think I remember them saying they will also be selling extra copies. So we waited a year while they kept our money and they will have extras to sell to those that did did not bother to pre-order. And in the end that will also cause the value of the games to drop as I doubt those extras will sell out fast because who the hell is playing Skullgirls in 2017. But hey, I got a "pencil board". Guess I can write fuck you on it and hang it on my wall to remind me of this fiasco.
lol. The value will drop fast? The extras are going to be that is left when they ship the copies out. It's not like they're going to have 1000 extra. At best, maybe a 100. Or even less.

Them giving a discount? That's funny

SG_PencilBoard-SML.png

I understand the frustration though. But I've experienced my fair share of delays as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not like they're going to have 1000 extra. At best, maybe a 100. Or even less.
Technically speaking they said they keep 10% to make up for damages (also for promo and the trade show booth), they sold over 10K total copies between both platforms, there should be 1000 extra from that. Then again, they had some cancellations/chargebacks/etc and that may have lowered the total... plus there will likely be some damages, some saved for shows and then of course the copies being sent to the stores they now supply. There's really nothing keeping them from ordering an extra thousand for each platform either. It'll be interesting to see what the real final count is on both versions... but they better have more than 100 extras or it's going to be a nightmare for those that waited basically a year and ended up with a damaged version.

I must be the only LRG customer who only buys what he wants, doesn't care about loose discs and is perfectly fine waiting however long it takes for them to come in. :D
Hey, I'm basically right there with you. I don't mind waiting as long as there's enough communication in the meantime (which, IMO, was an issue with Skullgirls for a long while).

Just trying to say that the extras for Skullgirls will still be extremely limited. Remember that Shantae not having a ton of extras either.

Hey, I'm basically right there with you. I don't mind waiting as long as there's enough communication in the meantime (which, IMO, was an issue with Skullgirls for a long while).
Had more to do with Lab Zero on that one. The Japanese Companies really liked to take things slow. But I guess everyone underestimated on how long it would actually take.

Chariot is going to be part of their lineup

EDIT: Absolute Drift and and Chariot for 10.13

I normally don't care but the fact they refuse to provide updates on the Lawbreakers/WB CE combo has really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Skipping next week and bought a neat sweatshirt instead. Bought a pair of Boosts instead of getting September's Releases too. :lol:

Well, if you are interested or not with Chariot it is worth noting that the same dev team has done some other cool games... If they are working with them we will probably see a physical copy of this:
https://youtu.be/UL0zpbN-R1Y

Ugh. Chariot? Really? Got it free with Xbox gold when it came out. Played it for like 5 minutes and never touched it again. This one better’d be cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decided to have the PS4 version of Skullgirls shipped out to me this month. That was the one I was going to open up anyway. :lol: From their email, it seems I'll be getting my copy of Volume too. LOL

Ugh. Chariot? Really? Got it free with Xbox gold when it came out. Played it for like 5 minutes and never touched it again. This one better’d be cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a game best played with local co-op. I got a free steam key ages ago and never touched it due to that. I mean, I'm unlikely to buy LRG games that have been dirt cheap in steam bundles to begin with, but I'm even less likely to ever play something that's so focused on local co-op.

I have to admit. I have purchased every single LGR PS4 release except Sunday Morning RPG, just because I missed that one. But Chariot has me thinking of not buying anything on the 13th. I own that game, I don't like it at all, and really don't have any interest in Chariot.

And passing on Chariot makes me feel like I shouldn't bother with Absolute Drift Zen. Looks like a cool game, but if i'm going to start only buying the LGR releases I really want to own... So skipping Chariot is making the pass on Drift much easier.

I for one am looking forward to picking up Absolute Drift, but it is probably because I know what the inspiration behind the game is and I'm a sucker for that stuff.

For people that have played Chariot, how viable is it for one person to use two controllers to simulate co-op?  Is it mostly the analog sticks, or do you have to do a lot of simultaneous input on the face buttons/triggers while moving the stick?  Reason I ask is because I beat Ibb & Obb solo controlling both characters (although that game only required two analog sticks on one controller, no buttons), so I want to try that with Chariot rather than just a solo run.  Plus, there is a trophy for 2 player completion of a level.

I'm assuming that the production numbers for Chariot and Absolute Drift will be fairly low, otherwise LRG may be stuck with a lot of extra copies for blind boxes later, lol.

For people that have played Chariot, how viable is it for one person to use two controllers to simulate co-op? Is it mostly the analog sticks, or do you have to do a lot of simultaneous input on the face buttons/triggers while moving the stick? Reason I ask is because I beat Ibb & Obb solo controlling both characters (although that game only required two analog sticks on one controller, no buttons), so I want to try that with Chariot rather than just a solo run. Plus, there is a trophy for 2 player completion of a level.
Not possible. Simultaneous presses and holds are necessary.

For people that have played Chariot, how viable is it for one person to use two controllers to simulate co-op? Is it mostly the analog sticks, or do you have to do a lot of simultaneous input on the face buttons/triggers while moving the stick? Reason I ask is because I beat Ibb & Obb solo controlling both characters (although that game only required two analog sticks on one controller, no buttons), so I want to try that with Chariot rather than just a solo run. Plus, there is a trophy for 2 player completion of a level.
no way, it would be extremely annoying.
i played like 5 or so levels coop with the ps plus version, it's tricky at points with 2 people. It's heavily timing & catch based to collect stuff or find secret areas.

So...why does Fangamer have copies of Broken Age PS4 and Vita? I thought the LRG listing was a sell out. Very weird.
See on the cover art where it says "fangamer" and not "Limited Run Games"?

That's the difference, the publisher. They've said a few times here that doing a print run doesn't necessarily guarantee exclusivity to the rights for physical releases.

bread's done
Back