Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I just looked that up, and it does look pretty bad ass. I wish Vita was getting some love, but I would say a physical PS4 version is possible. Not so much for the Switch currently, but it may happen at some point, if and when LRG gets to offer NS games(but I won't be holding my breath for that to happen anytime soon).
Love playing 2D platformers on my Vita! They are perfect pick up and play games.

So my Ys origin CE order had a label created on 9/19/17, but it still hasn't shipped. I already played it on PC, so no worries, but that's still kinda weird.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So I finished playing Night Trap with my friends last night (we did it group game style) and you've gotta be jiving me! I knew the game would be a trip but holy fuck that game was so much fun. So enjoyable. Yeah. It's terrible. But in the best possible way. Couldn't have enjoyed it more. Kinda wish I ordered the Bunker now. That would have been a good follow up group game.

But seriously thank you for this physical game. So much fun. Such a great piece of history.

Got my first LRG game (Ys: Origins) and card (#54) in the mail last week. Showed up just fine in the little padded envelope.  I'm glad I knew about the card because otherwise I might have missed it. Now I want to collect the others! I wish I could buy extra packs.

I don't know about anyone else but for me the ys collector edition feels lackluster considering the price. The book is soft cover and feels cheap, the poster was folded too many times so there are a ton of creases. There is no holder or anything in place to hold the art book and poster so it just rattles around in the big box. I wish I would have went for the standard copy instead. Oh well lesson learned I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolute Drift is coming this week. It’s all about indie games when it comes to specialty physical releases. If you want COD go to Gamestop.
Just because you buy everything they put out doesn't mean every game they put out is actually good. Absolute Drift is a pass for me and many others. That should say something.

I'm just happy they are dumping two less then desirable games on the same day....  that way I don't have to bother waking up early. 

So I finished playing Night Trap with my friends last night (we did it group game style) and you've gotta be jiving me! I knew the game would be a trip but holy fuck that game was so much fun. So enjoyable. Yeah. It's terrible. But in the best possible way. Couldn't have enjoyed it more. Kinda wish I ordered the Bunker now. That would have been a good follow up group game.

But seriously thank you for this physical game. So much fun. Such a great piece of history.
The shock from opening the game would've been enough for me.

I've never finished NT, but I love it for the same reasons as you did. It's just a fun, unique, cheesy ride, and nothing wrong with that. LOL

BTW, Bunker isn't going for much over retail on Ebay currently, so if your interested, now would be the best time to buy in.

I don't know about anyone else but for me the ys collector edition feels lackluster considering the price. The book is soft cover and feels cheap, the poster was folded too many times so there are a ton of creases. There is no holder or anything in place to hold the art book and poster so it just rattles around in the big box. I wish I would have went for the standard copy instead. Oh well lesson learned I guess.
Agreed, I expected better. Now we know why there was no unboxing or pictures of the contents before it went on sale.

[attachment=28289:1xf4li.jpg]

In all seriousness though, sucks to hear that. I'm one of the I don't open games unless I get around to them type and in LRG's defense, I've purchased CEs by major publishers that were substantially higher priced than the standard game and have almost always been disappointed.

Just because you buy everything they put out doesn't mean every game they put out is actually good. Absolute Drift is a pass for me and many others. That should say something.
I’ve been wanting this game for a little while (basically since I first heard about it). I love artsy games and I love racing games. Why wouldn’t I love an artsy racing game? Top down racers are a very small sub genre of racing that is among my all time favs dating back to RC Pro Am and Micro Machines on the NES. I have no idea why people wouldn’t want this one.

Also, I’ve already said Chariot sucked so why would you think I’m a fan of every release? If you’re going to read my posts you should probably read all of them.

6f17ba254953702191e148103ea9d391.png

Ugh...Lawbreakers finally shipped today. Debating whether it's even worth returning...because I know I won't get much back after restocking fees and the fact that I have a (as of yet unused) difital copy.

Ugh...Lawbreakers finally shipped today. Debating whether it's even worth returning...because I know I won't get much back after restocking fees and the fact that I have a (as of yet unused) difital copy.
I may be completely wrong but I don't think you can return it period.

I finally got a shipping notice... for my replacement of a replacement Plague Road so fingers crossed it's the right copy and not damaged this time around. 

That's pretty bad not accepting returns at all. Any reputable retailer should, even if there's a short window or restocking fee.
Right, so all the scalpers can abuse the system? I don't know of any limited item company whether it's games, posters, vinyl or whatever that allows returns for anything other than damaged items. There would literally be no end to the abuse and ordinary collectors and consumers would suffer as a result of the scalpers being able to buy up the stock with no risk if the market didn't work in their favor.

I know people here seem lukewarm on Chariot but has anyone played it couch co-op who could tell me if they would recommend it or if I should just skip it? Had a lot of fun playing Pang Adventures with my partner, and it's getting so hard to find physical couch co-op games that I definitely want to support it if it's decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not in a big hurry but I find it odd that both my tracking numbers (UPS and USPS) still show "waiting to pick up" for over a week.  I could understand printing the label early and taking a day or two to send it, but over a week is a little ridiculous.  Why even send out the shipping notification if the package isn't going to be picked up for weeks..

I'm not in a big hurry but I find it odd that both my tracking numbers (UPS and USPS) still show "waiting to pick up" for over a week. I could understand printing the label early and taking a day or two to send it, but over a week is a little ridiculous. Why even send out the shipping notification if the package isn't going to be picked up for weeks..
Normally they go active within a few days, but lately the few weeks seems to be the new trend for some. They had 20,000 orders to do, so I would guess making labels early is a part of saving time down the road.

Not ideal IMO considering the rabid fan base, as that seems like a good way to get a ton of unnecessary emails, but whatever works for them I suppose. Just sit tight, it will ship at some point. Also, I believe some orders in the last month have arrived for some, without the tracking ever updating. So that's possible as well I guess.

Hopefully none of you guys got more damage from the storms last month than me, but tree on garage and subsequent clean up / repairs. Point being you don't understand why someone may want to return something. This experience has certainly made me scale back all luxury spending.

Hopefully none of you guys got more damage from the storms last month than me, but tree on garage and subsequent clean up / repairs. Point being you don't understand why someone may want to return something. This experience has certainly made me scale back all luxury spending.
That really sucks dude.. I also recently had to part with most of my collection after a couple of unfortunate events back to back, so I can relate somewhat. May I suggest in those cases just selling it though? You can get cost + shipping for most LRG games here on CAG, if not more. There are usually always a few people that for whatever reason either missed a game, or changed their minds and want a copy later, etc.

Yeah I have some stuff lined up. Went the return route but wiser to sell. I can make some more cash if need as well.

Appreciate the guidance!

"What is your Return and Exchange policy?

You may ask for a return or exchange within 30 days of delivery. Every request will be looked at on a per case basis however and is not guaranteed. Returns are subject to a 15% re-stocking fee.

Any items that include a digital key are completely non-refundable once the key has been sent to you."

Well, even though LawBreakers is out due to having a digital copy, it doesn't say damaged items only there...

Looks like the company with the unoriginal name of Strictly Limited Games will be releasing the PS4 game Tokyo 42 on Saturday November 11th. Only 2600 copies. No word on what time of the day though.

Looks like the company with the unoriginal name of Strictly Limited Games will be releasing the PS4 game Tokyo 42 on Saturday November 11th. Only 2600 copies. No word on what time of the day though.
Just like LRG naming there's from the clothing company Liftred Research Group.

So are these the actual NES versions, or updated versions? It's the "8-bit" Adventure Anthology, so I'm guessing the 8-bit versions, but why? There are many computer versions that blow those NES versions out of the water, and all of them should run on these systems with no issues.

I mean, all three offerings are great games, but I don't see a high demand to play NES games on the PS4/ONE. And the NES interface for these games was terrible, so hopefully some form of enhancement is a part of this set. Otherwise I don't see this doing that well, but who knows?

So are these the actual NES versions, or updated versions? It's the "8-bit" Adventure Anthology, so I'm guessing the 8-bit versions, but why? There are many computer versions that blow those NES versions out of the water, and all of them should run on these systems with no issues.

I mean, all three offerings are great games, but I don't see a high demand to play NES games on the PS4/ONE. And the NES interface for these games was terrible, so hopefully some form of enhancement is a part of this set. Otherwise I don't see this doing that well, but who knows?
I think these are simply emulated NES games running on PS4. I definitely agree that there are better ways to play them, though it would be fun to replay the NES versions since those are the versions I played as a kid. I'm interested in a physical copy of this simply for the nostalgia factor.

I'm interested to see what other anthologies they will release, seeing as this is labeled Vol. 1. I wonder if the publisher of this bought the licensing for a bunch of old NES games.

I think these are simply emulated NES games running on PS4. I definitely agree that there are better ways to play them, though it would be fun to replay the NES versions since those are the versions I played as a kid. I'm interested in a physical copy of this simply for the nostalgia factor.

I'm interested to see what other anthologies they will release, seeing as this is labeled Vol. 1. I wonder if the publisher of this bought the licensing for a bunch of old NES games.
Yeah, my first experience with these titles was on a friends Amiga, so you can see my issue right? LOL I honestly didn't know these where even offered on the NES until years later once I first discovered emulation. I was shocked, as I would have loved to have played these back then, but after playing these on the Amiga first, the NES versions where very poor substitutes to say the least.

BTW, the standard version of Slain for the Vita is back in stock at Signature Edition, and is limited to 300, GO, GO, GO! https://signatureeditiongames.com/products/slain-back-from-hell-standard-edition-psvita?utm_source=Signature+Edition+Games&utm_campaign=00d45685ae-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_10_12&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f8579ce907-00d45685ae-116382969&mc_cid=00d45685ae&mc_eid=d6f3f1d6c0

Where does it say it's limited to 300? It's probably right in front of me, but I'm not seeing it.
Sorry about that, it was in the email I got from them announcing it:

After the amazing launch of our Slain Signature Editions, we asked if you all wanted a standard version. The response was an overwhelming YES, so we put 300 copies on a special order.
If you're one of the smart metal-heads that's already ordered the standard edition of Slain on PSVita, you'll be happy to know that stock has arrived!
Orders will begin shipping immediately and should be with you soon.
If you haven't got a copy yet, secure yours quickly by heading over to the Signature Edition Games site.
Once the remaining copies are gone, we will not restock!

Thanks for the heads up on Slain. I already had the PS4 copy, but this seems like a game that I would very much like to have on Vita, too.

Yeah, my first experience with these titles was on a friends Amiga, so you can see my issue right? LOL I honestly didn't know these where even offered on the NES until years later once I first discovered emulation. I was shocked, as I would have loved to have played these back then, but after playing these on the Amiga first, the NES versions where very poor substitutes to say the least.
I would be willing to venture that the number of people who first experienced these on the NES was much, much greater than those who experienced it on the Amiga so that is likely why they went with the NES versions. I would probably buy this compilation but only if it was priced right ($10 to $15 total for three games).

In other news, got shipping notices for everything that was pending except Caladrious Blaze/Flame in the Flood and Skullgirls combo pack (obviously).

Saw some movement (finally) on my Caladrius Blaze PS4 shipment. You guys might wanna track any games you’ve received shipping notifications on, just a heads up..

That's pretty bad not accepting returns at all. Any reputable retailer should, even if there's a short window or restocking fee.
We pay our partners royalties within days of a sale ending. It's one of the things that makes us much easier to work with than competitors or traditional retail. We can't accept returns/cancelations because of buyer's remorse or speculation backfiring. You should see the wave of support tickets we get requesting cancelations when a game stays in stock for more than a few hours because the game is "not rare"!

We look at returns on a case-by-case basis and we do accept them when the circumstances are sound. With LawBreakers, we sent out digital keys with a $39.99 value. All sales are final on any item where we send out digital keys - regardless of if they are unused. Who is to say the key won't be used after we refund a purchase? Most businesses, even huge corporations, follow this policy when digital codes are in the equation.

I'm still on the fence... I said earlier I was going to skip out on these two. But Since I have every PS4 LGR release except Saturday Morning RPG, the temptation grows stronger as 10 est nears.  :(

bread's done
Back