Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
It's great that the guy who made it will get a copy for this shelf, but I don't see anything else positive about this release. A $22 increase over the digital price, 5 different trading cards, shipping a month out, etc..

It feels like after several recent releases selling slow LRG needs an instant sell out to get people talking about them again. No one outside of resellers and PS4 completionists are going to pay $30 + S&H for a physical copy of Super GunWorld 2.
I really don't get some of you guys. The guy who made it will get a copy for the shelf, nothing positive about the release, $22 increase over digital, shipping a month out.... and you predict an instant sell-out.

It is so odd that people seem to take offense to releases they don't want.

A few posts above this one and the price can't be justified because there are AAA releases with black Friday sales this week. Come on. If the criteria is that you can't ever pay more than the lowest price you'd pay for a huge major release, this is not the place for you.

Does it matter why anything sells, so long as it does?

So why not offer as much as you can, while you can?

And yeah, that doesn't mean typical shovelware
These statements contradict each other. If they should just release everything possible, why not Life of Black Tiger or My Name is Mayo? Why turn down any release at all? There's a fine balance to reach between quality and quantity and this year there's been at least a few that were questionable. There is a lot of value in curating your storefront and selling products that fit within a certain framework.

Adding 5 random standard/silver/gold/platinum/rare trading cards and printing 2,000 copies with a 2 copy order incentive shows the goal of this release is to have it sell out as fast as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, with it being a dual release, you shouldn't have any issues. Just make sure to set up your account before hand, and be signed in there, as well as Paypal when they go live. Windjammers is a great game, but not for everyone, so make sure your familiar with it before buying.
Oh I have a 4 slot MVS in my gameroom & several games. I'm well aware of what Windjammers is. I've been trying to get a cart with matching serials for a few years now, but the price is always too high for me. I even participated in the PS4 beta. Long time fan of the game. Yeah I set up my account this morning so I'm set.

I bought Gunworld 2 for the Xbox One about 6 months during a sale for a few bucks, along with Saturday Morning RPG :) .

I like it, it's a very difficult game, but seems much better than the original. Is it a classic? No, but it's one of those 7 out of 10 games that can grab you if you enjoy difficult side scrolling platformers/shooters.

These statements contradict each other. If they should just release everything possible, why not Life of Black Tiger or My Name is Mayo? Why turn down any release at all?
Maybe I'm in the minority here but if those games are popular enough to sell out then I don't see why they should turn them down. I love video games and still the majority of things that are released aren't of interest to me, but I'm still happy on other people's behalf that they get to buy something they enjoy. There is more than enough for everyone, no one is getting less because LRG are releasing more. Be happy for other people :)

Also I would actually love a release of those games, that's the kind of stuff that's always fun to play when friends are around imo. Just like with really bad movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I have a 4 slot MVS in my gameroom & several games. I'm well aware of what Windjammers is. I've been trying to get a cart with matching serials for a few years now, but the price is always too high for me. I even participated in the PS4 beta. Long time fan of the game. Yeah I set up my account this morning so I'm set.
MVS........Say no more. LOL

I've always loved the NeoGeo, but the OG stuff was always out of my price range. The first CD option was cool, but rather slow, so I passed on that as well. Then by the next revision, I was knee deep in collecting other things, so that was off the table as well. But I did have a rather large "NG Pocket" collection at one point in time. I was so thrilled to see Windjammers get an update with proper online play, as it was long over due.

Damn looks like with the random drops on Friday I will be looking on my phone while I'm fighting the crowds.  Not a good combination.

LRG can release as many games as they want.  It's up to them as to how much they want to cheapen their brand name.  Completionists are the foundation of their business model.  I think it's safe to say that from posts on here we know how a sample size of completionists feel about recent releases from this last spring through November. 

Imho LRG should be targeting enough inventory to last a week, not a day or two or hours or minutes. There are more than enough completionists out there to help them sell out. Why do people want them to do such low prints? Suppose a game you really want comes around but the print is low and for some unforeseen circumstance you are unable to snag it in the first minute or two it’s live and sells out. Are you really going to be thrilled that the game has a high aftermarket value then? Probably not, so why encourage it?

I think LRG is moving in the right direction with larger prints. I have terrible anxiety (actually taking a medication for it that is strong enough it could kill me if I stopped taking it and even then it’s been proven to shorten your lifespan..) and every time things go up I feel like is a god damn race just to buy a copy of a game. That’s ridiculous. I’m half tempted to PM Doomstick about solving the issue. I really don’t want to die of a heart attack at 34.

Imho LRG should be targeting enough inventory to last a week, not a day or two or hours or minutes. There are more than enough completionists out there to help them sell out. Why do people want them to do such low prints? Suppose a game you really want comes around but the print is low and for some unforeseen circumstance you are unable to snag it in the first minute or two it’s live and sells out. Are you really going to be thrilled that the game has a high aftermarket value then? Probably not, so why encourage it?

I think LRG is moving in the right direction with larger prints. I have terrible anxiety (actually taking a medication for it that is strong enough it could kill me if I stopped taking it and even then it’s been proven to shorten your lifespan..) and every time things go up I feel like is a god damn race just to buy a copy of a game. That’s ridiculous. I’m half tempted to PM Doomstick about solving the issue. I really don’t want to die of a heart attack at 34.

If your anxiety is that severe, I don't think you should be buying LRG games. It's not a necessity.

Their business model does not support having lots of left over stock. Trying to judge a run that would last for at least a week while at the same time selling out within that period would be a nightmare. If a niche game with a small run has so many copies that it will last a week then there is a good chance it will last much longer than that, which in turn messes up the businesses model. If LRG are producing too much stock and having to store it, as well as not having the money from selling the leftovers of multiple titles to invest in new games then that screws up their situation. I think they are doing a decent job of estimating demand on the vast majority of titles.

Their business model does not support having lots of left over stock. Trying to judge a run that would last for at least a week while at the same time selling out within that period would be a nightmare. If a niche game with a small run has so many copies that it will last a week then there is a good chance it will last much longer than that, which in turn messes up the businesses model. If LRG are producing too much stock and having to store it, as well as not having the money from selling the leftovers of multiple titles to invest in new games then that screws up their situation. I think they are doing a decent job of estimating demand on the vast majority of titles.
Agreed, as when games last a few days, the "sky is falling crowd" comes out, and the charge backs, and cancellations become plenty. The week idea would never, ever work.

I have terrible anxiety (actually taking a medication for it that is strong enough it could kill me if I stopped taking it and even then it’s been proven to shorten your lifespan..) and every time things go up I feel like is a god damn race just to buy a copy of a game. That’s ridiculous. I’m half tempted to PM Doomstick about solving the issue. I really don’t want to die of a heart attack at 34.
Didn't you know smoking a joint cures anxiety. You should look into it if you have access to medical cannabis.

LRG has been pretty forthcoming about the surprising amount of cancellation requests they get when something doesnt immediately sell out

If your anxiety is that severe, I don't think you should be buying LRG games. It's not a necessity.
I’m a hardcore completionist. I’ll buy total garbage just to stay on top. Part of my legit OCD/anxiety. I’m still upset that I am short 3 figures from having a complete collection of the Pokémon mini nfc figures they put out for Pokémon Rumble.

Checked out Supergun World 2 on youtube. The graphics don't bother me, but the gameplay inconsistencies do. I think it's probably a major issue in the physics engine sort of like how late in the game with Teslagrad the precision required is completely hit or miss because the physics engine can't handle it. Things that look like they should work sometimes work and sometimes just don't. Definitely go watch a few videos if you are interested in the game itself and not just because OMG ITS RARE! or you'll buy it anyway to CATCH THEM ALL!!!!

I have terrible anxiety (actually taking a medication for it that is strong enough it could kill me if I stopped taking it and even then it’s been proven to shorten your lifespan..) and every time things go up I feel like is a god damn race just to buy a copy of a game.
I think the first step is admitting you have a problem. The cure making a change in your life to prevent it rather than just hoping medicine will control the symptoms. If you can't find a way to be cool with having some stuff but not a complete collection, then maybe it's time to sell it all or at least narrow your focus by redefining what complete means. Maybe for gaming it's only collecting games that appear in regular retail outlets... or only from certain developers or something more narrow but easier to complete. It's totally your life and you can certainly bandaid your way through it, but I think it would be more enjoyable a life if you could get it under control. Take care.

I'm in Vegas, so it's as easy to get as grabbing a big gulp at 7-11! LOL

And a few places are even open 24 hrs a day, life is good :D/
Thats exactly how it should be everywhere. I'm in a medical/legal state and I'm sure I'd rather try some medicine from mother nature than pills that could kill me if if I stopped taking them. fuck that noise!!!

I think the first step is admitting you have a problem. The cure making a change in your life to prevent it rather than just hoping medicine will control the symptoms. If you can't find a way to be cool with having some stuff but not a complete collection, then maybe it's time to sell it all or at least narrow your focus by redefining what complete means. Maybe for gaming it's only collecting games that appear in regular retail outlets... or only from certain developers or something more narrow but easier to complete. It's totally your life and you can certainly bandaid your way through it, but I think it would be more enjoyable a life if you could get it under control. Take care.
Didn’t I just admit i have a problem? I’m not on meds because of my gaming habit. That’s just one of many issues I have. I can’t function like a normal person without medication because I get too anxious. I’m also a clinical depressive and have attempted suicide more than once;which is why have spent time in a mental hospital.

I know we all joke about being OCD but as someone who actually suffers from the condition I can tell you it’s no fun. I wash my hands so much my skin often cracks and bleeds if I don’t moisturize. Oh and I’m allergic to aloe vera.....

We signed Super GunWorld 2 two years ago. I don't think under our current mindset we would have signed it, but back then we looked at it as a fun game with a passionate developer that we wanted to work with. We're working to clear out the more obscure stuff rapidly so we can get back on to a slower path and completely refocus on a less frequent release schedule with bigger titles.

Has the upcoming release of Wonder Boy The Dragon's Trap been mentioned yet?

PS4: https://www.amazon.com/Wonder-Boy-Dragons-Trap-PlayStation-4/dp/B0777CXJ46/

Switch: https://www.amazon.com/Wonder-Boy-Dragons-Trap-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B0777L69GZ/

$39.99. Releases January 23.
Yes, it will be getting a wide release through Nicalis. The PS4 version is actually more expensive than LRG's standard PS4 version. I will be preordering the Switch version with GCU discount whenever it goes live at BB since LRG never sold the Switch version.

Who is buying super gunworld 2 tomorrow? I feel like it should be $25 but I’ll likely buy anyway. I’m curious how quick it will go since it’s limited to 2000. I really wish they would allow combined shipping between runs. I’ve ordered the past few weeks and it’s be nice to get a break on shipping costs..

Who is buying super gunworld 2 tomorrow? I feel like it should be $25 but I’ll likely buy anyway. I’m curious how quick it will go since it’s limited to 2000. I really wish they would allow combined shipping between runs. I’ve ordered the past few weeks and it’s be nice to get a break on shipping costs..
After what I just spent on Black Friday I'm gonna pass on Gunworld. I regret the fact that Gunworld will obviously be "rarer" and harder to find later but the games I bought are all titles I have more desire to play and won't just sit on the shelf like some of my LRG stuff has. It's a reasonable trade off.

Speaking of shipping costs...I have a question for ya Josh or Doug.

For the leftover sale happening tomorrow, can shipping be combined by contacting CS if someone was able to hypothetically order more than 1 of each offering since it's not a regular sale? (Excluding Super Gunworld)

I think you need a lil more chaka chaka in your life.
If that means what I think it means then I must confess I have a girlfriend that wants it way more often than I do. My girl is bipolar and her manic is gettin’ freaky. Plus, I’m apparently some sort of love god. Idk, I’m your stereotypical nerd late bloomer. She’s been my first and only and I was 31 so I really have no idea. Lol

so are we getting Double Dragon 4 on PS4 ? it was talked about, and NOT denied? so my hopes are up :) and that's a big brand name to have under their belt :)

That went way faster than I expected. Do they still frontload the batches to a majority being sold at 10 am or has that changed? I just wonder if the morning batch was small and a majority are being held for 6 pm..

Edit - they just tweeted that 500 are left meaning 75% were sold this morning.

Risk of Rain PS4 was the only thing I was trying for. PayPal took forever even though I was logged in. O well, did they already say if that's it for these games or are they holding more for that blowout sale?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Did Risk of Rain pop up on the main page?  The only one I'm looking for is Stealth - I noticed it's product page was taken down overnight.

Risk of Rain PS4 was the only thing I was trying for. PayPal took forever even though I was logged in. O well, did they already say if that's it for these games or are they holding more for that blowout sale?
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
LRG said they'll have the remaining inventory on January 1st. Today was only supposed to be a small amount of what they have for left over inventory

bread's done
Back