Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I'm really excited for Thimbleweed Park, but apparently I should have filled out that survey under 100 different addresses because the two things I want are steelbooks and soundtracks!!

Thimbleweed is going to be my first Limited run game i buy. Anyone have any tips for a first time buyer? I know these things usually sell out pretty fast. 

Thimbleweed is going to be my first Limited run game i buy. Anyone have any tips for a first time buyer? I know these things usually sell out pretty fast.
It's going to be an "open" preorder for a set number of days. So long as you order within that time, you'll get a copy. There will probably also be no limit, so if you want to invest for your future, now may be the time. LOL

Well, my Sky Force & Croixleur order arrived yesterday, and it looks like I finally got a gold trading card, it's for Sky Force #129. Does anyone know if there is a place where anyone is cataloging all the trading cards released so far? Even if one person doesn't have all the cards, it's easy enough to have users send in pics.

Also, I'm up to 36 rewards tickets, and once all my current orders arrive I'll be at 39. I guess this Friday will finally put me over the top. I've actually decided against the Nurse Love Medkit, as I really want the Thimbleweed CE more. I was only going for the Medkit, due to the small margin increase, but it wasn't really anything I wanted or needed. I was for sure going to have to break up my order, as no way I could get that and Organ Trail in one "am" order, so there was an extra 5 for shipping as well. I'll just be getting the standard version which I'm sure will be hard enough to grab on it's own.

I was willing to buy the Thimbleweed collector box just for the extras at $40 from Fangamer, as I love point & click games. The extra's there are pretty cool and tie in well with the game. So to get the CE for the NS at $75, seems a good deal. So if not for this release, I may have gone with the Medkit version, but I would rather put the $30 to Thimbleweed.

Pixel Gear isn't the VR game I wanted to see but I'm going to go ahead and buy it anyway and hope they sell fast so that Josh and Doug will be convinced enough to keep signing more titles. There's a ton of awesome PSVR games that really need to make it to physical format. Thumper, Polybius, Arizona Sunshine, Moss, Archangel, Mervil's, Shooty Fruity, and several others. 

No soundtrack in the Thumbleweed box? What are you guys doing?
There is one in the PS4 CE... you'll just need to find a cassette player to play it.

To me, whether it's used or not, that cassette tape looks like a much cooler CE item than that phone book. If the goal was to force me to buy the PS4 CE and a standard Switch copy... mission accomplished.

Well, my Sky Force & Croixleur order arrived yesterday, and it looks like I finally got a gold trading card, it's for Sky Force #129. Does anyone know if there is a place where anyone is cataloging all the trading cards released so far? Even if one person doesn't have all the cards, it's easy enough to have users send in pics.
This is a public Google doc that LRG maintains with all card releases. Maybe we could add this to the OP

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S784sbNad1MpnXgyknr0E3nI0I2MvjeLNVJQpiZJEtE/edit#gid=0

Last edited by a moderator:
Pixel Gear isn't the VR game I wanted to see but I'm going to go ahead and buy it anyway and hope they sell fast so that Josh and Doug will be convinced enough to keep signing more titles. There's a ton of awesome PSVR games that really need to make it to physical format. Thumper, Polybius, Arizona Sunshine, Moss, Archangel, Mervil's, Shooty Fruity, and several others.
I don't agree with this. It sounds like say a book licensor chooses to translate some garbage Japanese novel. They are like it's our first and maybe our last. So I should buy garbage cause they may or may not license better stuff? Flawed logic me thinks.

I can understand maybe trying out some unknown things or something if you love the company, but yeah....it's a known commodity. Just my 2 cents of course.

I dunno man, Pixel Gear is pretty bad. Part of me wants to order a copy too because it's the first LRG PSVR game but it's not a very good game at all. I do want them to do more PSVR games though and I would not hesitate to buy something like Thumper, Moss, or even Super Hyper Cube.

It's not a sound move for the consumer in most cases, to buy junk in the hopes that it will produce something better. For the most part, when junk sells well it just generates the incentive to create more of the same, like fidget spinners or chia pets. But in this particular case I don't think it is being viewed under the terms of a game, genre, or the company that made it. I think it's more of a win-lose situation for an entire format. I'm sure there are several VR games that stink, but I firmly believe this is a rare outlier situation in which Josh or Doug would be more inclined to pursue and sign great digital only games like Moss if they saw there was at least some market for it. If Pixel Gear makes it to Monday morning without selling out, they may shut the doors on those efforts.   

It's not a sound move for the consumer in most cases, to buy junk in the hopes that it will produce something better. For the most part, when junk sells well it just generates the incentive to create more of the same, like fidget spinners or chia pets. But in this particular case I don't think it is being viewed under the terms of a game, genre, or the company that made it. I think it's more of a win-lose situation for an entire format. I'm sure there are several VR games that stink, but I firmly believe this is a rare outlier situation in which Josh or Doug would be more inclined to pursue and sign great digital only games like Moss if they saw there was at least some market for it. If Pixel Gear makes it to Monday morning without selling out, they may shut the doors on those efforts.
Suggestion, get on the site and prepare to buy, but instead put 10,000 in your cart (don't worry, it won't let you but it'll show you how many copies remain). Keep trying to do that every minute or two to see how fast it sells down. If it sells out in 15min and you don't get a copy, awesome. You may not have to take one for the team. Ultimately none of these sellouts really depend on us, it's the resellers that come in and see how limited something is and gobble up as many as they can. So if you can hype the resellers on how rare it is... maybe you can fool some fools into making it a quick sellout.

I'm looking into kero blaster but I'm very back and forth on it. I think I'll pick it up later from a reseller because Friday doesn't work for me this week.

So what's the verdict on that Nurse game for Vita?

I've never bothered with visual novels before. Is this supposed to be a good one? The few reviews I'm finding aren't very helpful.

I've never bothered with visual novels before. Is this supposed to be a good one? The few reviews I'm finding aren't very helpful.
I haven't played it, but I doubt you'll want to buy this one if you're not already a fan of VNs. It seems like a very niche release suited for people that are fans of the genre.

Thanks for the advice.

I'm kinda leaning towards picking up Organ Trail, but man, when the digital is crossbuy and only $10, I have an awful hard time trying to justify to myself why I should pay 3 times as much (after shipping) for the physical copy.

I get why it costs more (I don't mean to whine/complain), but whenever LRG puts out one of these cheapo indie games I always struggle with this dilemma. 

Anyone else have that problem?

I was considering it, but after reading reviews and watching videos, I'm going to pass. It's the type of story where you get attached to a character, then without warning they turn out to be a completely different person. Like suddenly she is an alien, that alien is actually your father, and your alien father stabs you in the face. While twists in a story are good, the ones here are supposedly abrupt, nonsensical, and can cause you to lose attachment to the characters you've invested time into.

-Edit-

I caved and ordered. It's just so hard to find non-otome VN on Vita. Plus despite some negatives I've read, the game has mostly positive reviews.

So who's ready for some Nurse Love Addiction?

bgq1Y.gif

Thanks for the advice.

I'm kinda leaning towards picking up Organ Trail, but man, when the digital is crossbuy and only $10, I have an awful hard time trying to justify to myself why I should pay 3 times as much (after shipping) for the physical copy.

I get why it costs more (I don't mean to whine/complain), but whenever LRG puts out one of these cheapo indie games I always struggle with this dilemma.

Anyone else have that problem?
Nope. If I'm not hyped up 100% for a game then I probably don't want it. I bought Organ Trail for like $2 on a big sale. I still haven't gone to play it and likely am just fine not going for a physical copy.

If you just listen to yourself and see that you are "leaning towards" and not just elated to buy something... then you'll start to recognize you are trying way too hard to talk yourself into buying something you aren't even that excited to own. Recognizing the problem goes a long way to building some rational barriers against irrational purchases.

I went ahead and ordered a copy of Burnout Paradise Remastered and decided to pass on these releases. Nurse Love is too expensive for a game I probably won't care much for and Kero Blaster I may regret later, but oh well.

I don't know if you're a US release only individual, but there is a EU version of Arizona Sunshine coming out. I agree that all the other games listed need physical releases as well.

The main thing is....a lot of these games are tiny honestly, so if you miss the physical...just get it on a big sale...and it will be easy to store later. I think people are in it more for the rarity collecting than the playing without wasting space or when PSN goes down some day. I know if I get Nurse Love Addiction I will play it and enjoy it. Something tells me it will be one of the ones that gains some value after selling out, but that's just me and my love of VNs.

Aaaand done! Since everything went up when 0:30 was left on the timer, I was able to get my order confirmation by 7:00:20.

Too bad Kero Blaster isn't available for Vita.

I skipped the Nurse Love Addiction CE. I just didn't wasn't excited enough about the goodies to justify the extra shelf space for a CE, plus I'd want to buy a SE + CE, so it's an incremental $75 rather than an incremental $25.

I just ordered my first Limited Run Games...game with Nurse Love Addiction 

I am hopeful LRG brings more games like over for Vita, been waiting on a lot of Sekai Project titles for good six months now so putting money where mouth is to encourage them

Wasn't too bad. Surprised the standard NLA is selling alright too. Both were pretty expensive (it and the LE). Hopefully the game delivers. I'll give me impressions whenever I play it in the Niche thread.

As expected the NLA Medkit Edition sold out in under 5 minutes.  People did have an opportunity to get it though since it lasted at least a few minutes.  That said I hope they lower the quantity to 1 in the afternoon so people that missed it can get it.  They can always remove the quantity restriction if it sells too slowly.

The Bunker is coming out for the Switch in April. Don't be surprised if this is one of the LRG releases.
Damn, that's the one PS4 game I've actually bought from LRG that was for my own use. I would much rather have an NS version, so I'll for sure be keeping an eye out. Thanks for the heads up.

bread's done
Back