Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I think it proves any game will sell out if the print run is small enough.

The email for it only talked about how limited it is. No writeup or anything about it being a good game like normal releases get, because it's not.
Yeah Pixel Gear might be the biggest joke next to Mecho Tales.

got my copy of metronomicon and revenant saga . got an extra trading card that states its an actual printing plate used to manufacture it. its the only one that exists 1 of 1. do they usually do this or is it the first time they've done it? has anyone esle ever gotten one of these?
I got one in an order recently. It's the plate for card #176 for the game Screencheat. Definitely a cool thing to get randomly :D

I'd like to see a return towards smaller print runs, also hope LRG picks up Moss at some point
I feel like Moss will get a physical release, but I think it will get a larger print run and show up in retail stores. I haven't bought Moss yet myself, personally holding out for either a sale digitally or a physical release. It's been one of the more critically well-received PSVR games though so I would be surprised if it didn't get a physical release.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/977217561333964801

Momodora is a good game, I'll def bite on t his one

Any get shipping notice for Munch's CE?  Just saw a tweet by someone who received their order.  Didn't realize they were shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good, more PS4 games, as I won't be tempted by those. LOL

I'm really going to try for the NS Thimbleweed Big Box, so I don't need anything else being offered that day, as I'll need every penny and then some.

I've played the first two Momodoras on PC (they were free IIRC). This is #3 or #4? Would have been suuuuper cool to include the original ones either as unlockable or bonus feature.

Already bought Momodora digitally. Was very enjoyable, albeit short (5-6 hours to 100% map and items 1st playthrough). Second playthrough ups the difficulty and has some fun trophies like you can't kill low level enemies, so there is longevity if you want it.

No Vita for Momodora?

RIP.
The devs never ported it to Vita. It was rumored but didn't happen :\

Momodora is a terrible value given the markup--cue white knights... now--but at least it's a pretty fantastic little game. Ignoring the value angle, that's an exciting release to have physically preserved. 

Momodora is a terrible value given the markup--cue white knights... now--but at least it's a pretty fantastic little game. Ignoring the value angle, that's an exciting release to have physically preserved.
I rather pay 24.99 for this game than fking Home

Any get shipping notice for Munch's CE? Just saw a tweet by someone who received their order. Didn't realize they were shipping.
I got mine yesterday.

Those production and shipping webpages would be great if they were updated.

As always, don’t forget: you’ll eventually get your shit.

Are the contents inside Munch's Odyssey CE supposed to feel/sound like they're just loose inside? 

FYI you may want to avoid buying Blossom Tales on sale this week. Looks like Blossom Tales is being released by LRG for switch :)
I would never buy a game with such a small discount anyway, so I was always planning to wait, but for sure will grab if physical happens. I mentioned it to my son when it was released because it looked cool, but of course he had no interest. So I figured if I ever wanted to play it, I'd have to buy it myself.

Sadly, buying it digital, would mean it would be attached to his system now, and I could never play it on mine later, so that was another reason to wait. LRG to the rescue. LOL

Are the contents inside Munch's Odyssey CE supposed to feel/sound like they're just loose inside?
Mine just got delivered, contents sound loose in the box, I'd open it but I'm probably gonna just put it up on the LRG trade thread

Mine just got delivered, contents sound loose in the box, I'd open it but I'm probably gonna just put it up on the LRG trade thread
Some of their past releases have had "loose" contents within the big boxes, but I thought that was supposed to be fixed for future releases(I guess not).

https://twitter.com/bitstalgic/status/976964774427807745?s=17

Looks fine to me. It seems like it's just the game case jiggling around a bit in the placeholder.

It's feels like something much heavier than the game is shuffling around inside... like the art cards and music CD.
Well, based on that pic, it appears all those items are in the same place, so it is probably all 3 moving around(game, art cards, and CD)

Someone called me a negative asshole on the LRG Fan Group on Facebook for saying they'll eventually get their shit when they asked about the shipment status of LRG's recent games.

:lol:

Well you can't have the authentic big box PC game experience without the contents sounding like they are shuffling around ;)

In all seriousness though, they have had issues in the past with CE contents not being secured in the box (Y's Origin especially comes to mind) but figured they would have fixed that aspect of these CEs by now. Guess not. Probably not a big deal though I will be pissed if the CD jewel case, can, or art cards get damaged because they weren't secured properly.

*Totally inappropriate in this forum. And I don't even care*

I'm getting ready to purge some of my smaller, less deserving LRG titles because the magic is gone and then some, and I'm trying to be proud of my game shelf again. If anyone is looking for titles more like Bard's Gold and less like Ys or Oddworld, then PM me!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

LRG announced a third game for this Friday a few hours ago. Kill the Bad Guy.

Looks bad....
That has been the strategy for the last ~9 months: slip the poop in with the good stuff. It's an unmistakable part of their release strategy. There are hardly ever any release days with all poop. More often than not it's one strong title headlining the lesser stuff. People buy more and bundle more. It's kind of like getting you to buy king size candy bars at the checkout lane.

Had been waiting for Momodora and Kero Blaster since last E3. Glad they're finally getting released!

I hope Golf Story gets a physical realease

I wish one of the LRG fellows would come out and let us know when we can expect things to slow down. Also, these last minute announcements are a pain in the ass.

I wish one of the LRG fellows would come out and let us know when we can expect things to slow down. Also, these last minute announcements are a pain in the ass.
It will slow down.

The games coming out rn were the ones that got delayed due to the ESRB stuff or had a contract that needed them to be released by a certain date or face a penalty.

I can't remember the answer for this, but if you purchase a PS4 game with the soundtrack, does it ship bubble mailer or box?
I was under the impression that a PS4 game and any other item qualifies for a box(CD, Vita, PS4, etc). Things may have changed, and since LRG doesn't seem to keep relevant news up to date, or an easy place to find said info, who knows?

Just a heads up their new boxes are QUITE smaller than the old boxes. There's barely room for 2 ps4 games in it now, let alone any extra padding. 

Just a heads up their new boxes are QUITE smaller than the old boxes. There's barely room for 2 ps4 games in it now, let alone any extra padding.
LRG has always sucked at packing. Unless you count a single sheet of brown paper as padding. Surprised there hasn't been more damage tbh. I guess as long as things are snug I'd prefer a smaller box. Less chance for a disc to go loose.

LRG has always sucked at packing. Unless you count a single sheet of brown paper as padding. Surprised there hasn't been more damage tbh. I guess as long as things are snug I'd prefer a smaller box. Less chance for a disc to go loose.
Snug is probably what you don't want, as the reason the disc comes undone, is due to pressure being applied. It's been confirmed more than once, that a box or mailer function about the same, as disc come loose in boxes with padding, boxes without. The PS4 cases have a design flaw, that's it, nothing more, nothing less. If a game case is damaged during transit, LRG will replace it, as they keep extras for that reason.

bread's done
Back