Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
There also didn't used to be such a market for reselling titles. Video game "value" was a non existent thing for a long time until it became the next place to speculate. Don't ignore what that has done. 

I think you guys are missing my point. I wasn't referring to the limited nature, etc., I miss having singular location to go to (whether online or brick and mortar) for when a game is getting released (preorder or after it was released). Now, everything is spread out between like a dozen different places, and you need to keep tabs on all of them.

Anyone else getting overwhelmed with all these companies doing physical releases? Between these and the companies that do new Dreamcast releases, I'm starting to miss the days I could walk into Best Buy, EB or even look on Amazon and see all the games that were coming out in one spot. There's starting to be too much to keep track of in my opinion.
There definitely is more to keep track of, but a lot of the releases are for very forgettable games. Things are oversaturated now and each company is just signing whatever they can. It'll self-correct in time.

When a physical release for a higher profile Indie game is announced, it gets a bit more attention and is easier to be aware of.

Glad I don't care about physical and just buy digitally. I'd hate to be F5ing a website just to get the change to pay 1-3x the price of digital for a physical release because it comes with a toy and sticker.
On average, buying physical is cheaper than buying digital. And in the cases where it's not, like with LRG, the premium is still worth it if you want the game.

Hmmm... Kill The Bad Guy was at 50% stock last night and down to like 10% stock now. Manipulated numbers or did someone just buy a whole bunch of them?
A large purchase, or stock being held back for blind boxes.

Anyone else getting overwhelmed with all these companies doing physical releases? Between these and the companies that do new Dreamcast releases, I'm starting to miss the days I could walk into Best Buy, EB or even look on Amazon and see all the games that were coming out in one spot. There's starting to be too much to keep track of in my opinion.
Nope.

I think you guys are missing my point. I wasn't referring to the limited nature, etc., I miss having singular location to go to (whether online or brick and mortar) for when a game is getting released (preorder or after it was released). Now, everything is spread out between like a dozen different places, and you need to keep tabs on all of them.
Once you let go and stop caring, well, you stop caring.

Hmmm... Kill The Bad Guy was at 50% stock last night and down to like 10% stock now. Manipulated numbers or did someone just buy a whole bunch of them?
I've noticed that when games last the weekend they almost always sell out sometime on Monday no matter the stock that was available on Sunday night.

I just like it better when games are at Best Buy because I get 20% off  :lol:

Edit to add: nightc1- I heard that Thimbleweed has touch controls on the Switch. Not sure if that would change your opinion, but just in case you didn't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe someone wants to make a shrine of sealed, terrible Indie games. That's what I picture from some of the people here.

Joking(kinda) aside LRG probably took those down to sell in the no discount boxes at the end of the year.

Has LRG said anything about Super Hydorah LE shipping ?? They're pretty quiet these days.

I've noticed that when games last the weekend they almost always sell out sometime on Monday no matter the stock that was available on Sunday night.
Yeah, I had been noticing that to. It may have something to do with the mom & pop shops they sell to, as after the weekend is over, it's pretty apparent the majority of buys have already happened. So they may allow those shops to buy more after the rush is gone, that way no buyers can complain to many copies are going elsewhere. And those M&P shops will sell this stuff easy over time, especially once it's no longer offered online. It's a win/win for both sides, as LRG dumps off copies they don't want to sit on, and local retailers get some "limited" titles that will always sell, especially at $25 or $30.

Damnit, I agreed with other that this Jeff guy shouldn't be posting his BS here.

So I ignored his post and now this i_heart_vinyl_and_video_games / Ryan La Rue screwed me over on ebay as well.

People need to block this tool.

It would be classic if he bought stuff from Chris and they could just screw each other over and over again. ha ha
You are gutter trash. I have blocked both of your CAG accounts. People have explained things calmly and nicely to you and you still didn't listen or learn your lesson. The mods should ban you. I'm pretty sure it's against the TOS to have multiple CAG accounts too.

Maybe someone wants to make a shrine of sealed, terrible Indie games. That's what I picture from some of the people here.

Joking(kinda) aside LRG probably took those down to sell in the no discount boxes at the end of the year.

Has LRG said anything about Super Hydorah LE shipping ?? They're pretty quiet these days.
https://www.limitedrungames.com/pages/production-updates

Still under manufacturing. Hell, I still haven't gotten my Oddworld and Revenant Saga Vita shipping notification yet

[attachment=29930:B7450384-6A8E-47B5-8B4D-9BE2F924EE42.jpeg]
"You'll eventually get your shit." I'm not even bothered by it, but it makes me laugh everytime I think about it...

I love the model LRG started with but now it seems like they are going overboard. I understand their main objective is to make money but their model seems to be getting stale. Releasing any indie game they can get their hands on, along with CEs, variant covers, t shirts, magnets, soundtracks, and even trading cards. I was going to try to get a complete set but now that they’re releasing 4 or more games a month, I’ve been passing on releases. Physical games will always be my preference but the limited run idea is wearing thin imo. I loved this idea at first but milking the idea sometimes comes to mind when I see so many releases in sort time spans even though I believe it was said that in 2018, the releases would slow down a bit but only seem to moving faster.

I honestly just miss them already having games on hand ready to be shipped out, so the only delay would be the time for packing and shipping. I pick and choose releases by them, but still will buy LRG games  that interest me.

Physical games will always be my preference but the limited run idea is wearing thin imo. I loved this idea at first but milking the idea sometimes comes to mind when I see so many releases in sort time spans even though I believe it was said that in 2018, the releases would slow down a bit but only seem to moving faster.
Just buy the games you want, friend.

I love the model LRG started with but now it seems like they are going overboard. I understand their main objective is to make money but their model seems to be getting stale. Releasing any indie game they can get their hands on, along with CEs, variant covers, t shirts, magnets, soundtracks, and even trading cards. I was going to try to get a complete set but now that they’re releasing 4 or more games a month, I’ve been passing on releases. Physical games will always be my preference but the limited run idea is wearing thin imo. I loved this idea at first but milking the idea sometimes comes to mind when I see so many releases in sort time spans even though I believe it was said that in 2018, the releases would slow down a bit but only seem to moving faster.
There are a lot of releases right now because ESRB barged in and forced them to delay a good amount of their Late 2017 releases. LRG is under contract to release games before their written deadline or face a penalty.

I just removed like 20 LRG games from the shelf, and that was extremely cathartic. It's funny how each release in the past gave me the attitude of "that looks fairly interesting, and it will probably be hard to get later, so I should get it now." This has now been drenched in gasoline, set on fire, thrown out the window, and then stomped on by elephants. Multiple copy cat companies and an absolutely flooded market of physical copies of these tiny, heavily marked up, little indie games has made sure that I, and many others, no longer see things that way. I remember arguing with my friend about this roughly a year ago or so--back when we still did our podcast (I was pro back then and he was about where I am now). It's funny to see how perceptions change when the Kool-aid doesn't taste good anymore lol. I honestly figured this out quite some time ago; I just needed to go back and retroactively 'fix' it.

It was super interesting to lookup prices, though, as barely any that I am ditching are worth any more than at launch. And those that are have come down a lot vs the release week hysteria (looking at you, Night Trap). I think that the people that come in here to bitch on release day should probably just give eBay a couple of weeks and get whatever they missed for around $30 shipped from there. It's something to keep in mind.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

I just removed like 20 LRG games from the shelf, and that was extremely cathartic. It's funny how each release in the past gave me the attitude of "that looks fairly interesting, and it will probably be hard to get later, so I should get it now." This has now been drenched in gasoline, set on fire, thrown out the window, and then stomped on by elephants. Multiple copy cat companies and an absolutely flooded market of physical copies of these tiny, heavily marked up, little indie games has made sure that I, and many others, no longer see things that way. I remember arguing with my friend about this roughly a year ago or so--back when we still did our podcast (I was pro back then and he was about where I am now). It's funny to see how perceptions change when the Kool-aid doesn't taste good anymore lol. I honestly figured this out quite some time ago; I just needed to go back and retroactively 'fix' it.

It was super interesting to lookup prices, though, as barely any that I am ditching are worth any more than at launch. And those that are have come down a lot vs the release week hysteria (looking at you, Night Trap). I think that the people that come in here to bitch on release day should probably just give eBay a couple of weeks and get whatever they missed for around $30 shipped from there. It's something to keep in mind.

I envy your self control. Although I've also been considering cutting back on limited games... maybe if LRG actually does slow down, I won't have to. But yea, there's definitely been a tangible effect on the aftermarket, with so many games being released.

I'm curious what games you decided to ditch.

I feel like LRG both got the limited idea running the best, and also burnt out the idea.

There are just too many sites doing it now, and I decided to stick with just LRG at one point, and buy the ones I was only interested in at the others.

But LRG just went overboard these past few months, and burnt a lot of people out. I know I won't go back to buying them all, and I'm glad I won't. It's a burden in way too many ways. We really won't see how well they've learned from their mistakes till they get through whatever they're contractually obligated to sell already.

I envy your self control. Although I've also been considering cutting back on limited games... maybe if LRG actually does slow down, I won't have to. But yea, there's definitely been a tangible effect on the aftermarket, with so many games being released.

I'm curious what games you decided to ditch.
It was a battle of self control, for sure. It was tug of war between the compulsion to buy every game that looked interesting due to the scarcity factor vs my constant insistence on only having games on my shelf that I personally enjoy, find interesting (on more than a cursory level), or want to play. I always give all of the YouTube collectors that buy anything that's cheap a hard time because their libraries are a joke and not at all a manifestation of their tastes. I realized that I was doing the same thing, but with these limited release games. When it comes right down to it, most games that come out look interesting to a certain degree, it was recognizing that my standard had relaxed to a ludicrous degree that helped me re-establish some boundaries.

Here's my trading list, if you're interested to see what I ditched. I cut back on my LRG purchases about 6-8 months ago, otherwise there would be several other titles on that list lol.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/366543-h-limited-run-play-asia-games/#entry13943332

There are a lot of releases right now because ESRB barged in and forced them to delay a good amount of their Late 2017 releases. LRG is under contract to release games before their written deadline or face a penalty.
Except there was a relentlessly brutal late 2017 release schedule too?

Next announcement:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/980945008193867776

Love shmups, definitely gonna bite on this one. Also, hopefully this means nothing is coming out this week, my wallet could use a break.

Next announcement:

Love shmups, definitely gonna bite on this one. Also, hopefully this means nothing is coming out this week, my wallet could use a break.
LRG confirmed nothing will be released this week. The next date is Friday, April 13th where Senko (in both standard and CE) and at least one other game will be released.

Next announcement:

Will buy JPN games from LRG since those are hard to come by.

Not an LRG game, but I thought some of you might like it. 

Moonlighter is coming to PS4/Switch in May 2018. 

Moonlighter-Physical-Ed_03-02-18.jpg

https://www.play-asia.com/blog/2018/04/02/moonlighter/?utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqqVOdi_0kI[/media]

Definitely buying this game

Ohhh that moonlighter game does look very good!

Kinda making me think of kingkiller chronicles with the shop/innkeeper by day and secret hero by night.

Edit: oh fuck yes they're going to continue open preorders for switch games! I dunno if it was mentioned yet but that's so good imo!

I like bullet hell games and all...but not sure of that high price. I'll think about it though.
agreed, might bite if it includes the dlc on the disc also but highly unlikely that lrg releases the complete game when its been out since last sept

bread's done
Back