Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I know West of Loathing's art style is off-putting to some, but give it an honest look. It's not shovelware.
Yeah, I have to second this as well. After watching a few videos (including reviews) it's clear the game actually has a lot of humor to it and is quite lengthy with plenty of reason to replay. It is currently on my radar and likely one I'll actually pick up.

I don't know whether or not to jump on Slime-San. I'd much prefer it to for the PS4, but I don't know if it's gonna get a physical release for it.

LRG says it "became too much" to talk to this community anymore, I'm sorry but y'all really need to step back and question your continued support, these guys aren't a fledgling indie company that CAG is helping get started anymore, stop giving them free loans

I remember that time we were talking about preorders. They’d have to sell thousands to make money off of the investment- and it’s immediately spent on manufacturing. They just sit in boxes for a bit I guess.

They still haven’t shipped my fuck ing switch display stands.

They’re getting absurd.

LRG Support said:
Thank you for contacting Limited Run Games!

I don't believe the shipping team has pulled the orders during that period of time since the games we have listed are preorders.
I've gone ahead created your shipment and put it in the customer support labels for the shipping team. They will be back in the office tomorrow due to the holiday, so it should go out in tomorrows pick up.

ALERT PLAYASIA!!! PLACING AN ORDER DOESN'T GUARANTEE A COPY!!!!

I placed an order for two games at once 1.Rainbow Skies 2.One more dungeon
Since rainbow skies was a pre-order both games were supposed to ship together after rainbow skies release date. Turns out playasia slyly removed one more dungeon from my order(has not even received a refund which I don't want I want the item I ordered) without my consent and now they are telling me that the game is sold out and they can do nothing about it!!! This is what an order page looks like for now vs for when I placed an order.Now if I want a copy I have to turn to scalpers on ebay and potentially pay more than twice the amount to get it. Thanks playasia I will never buy from you ever again.
lX66xe1JRHCugwFh2XKMdA.jpeg

pjLbMAXCTG_LsdlhEGuiGg.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
ALERT PLAYASIA!!! PLACING AN ORDER DOESN'T GUARANTEE A COPY!!!!

I placed an order for two games at once 1.Rainbow Skies 2.One more dungeon
Since rainbow skies was a pre-order both games were supposed to ship together after rainbow skies release date. Turns out playasia slyly removed one more dungeon from my order(has not even received a refund which I don't want I want the item I ordered) without my consent and now they are telling me that the game is sold out and they can do nothing about it!!! This is what an order page looks like for now vs for when I placed an order.Now if I want a copy I have to turn to scalpers on ebay and potentially pay more than twice the amount to get it. Thanks playasia I will never buy from you ever again.
Yeah, this happened to me years ago, and one of the main reasons they've been on my shit list ever since. I can't remember the game in question, but it was ordered with another item that wouldn't ship until both where in stock. By the time the second game arrived, the first was sold out, and since my copy was just setting there, it was sold(standard practice it appears).

I posted this same warning back then, and I haven't combined items with them since, unless both titles are due in stock the same day. When PA is good, their great, but when their bad..........don't even get me started. I've had combined NISA orders that sometimes don't ship for close to a year, and LRG has similar situations with international buyers and some local, and they always have the proper inventory.

PA deals in what I would assume is way more inventory, as they deal in all things gaming, and not just games. So storage is an issue I suppose, but a warning should be placed for any orders of this type at purchase........If an item sells out before the rest of your order is complete, don't bother, as your shit will eventually be sold to someone else!

Yep, NISA has always been good with holding items for me and shipping them when the final preorder ships.  In fact, in a few weeks I should finally receive my order of Tokyo Tattoo Girls LE that I ordered with The Lost Child LE way back in September of 2017.

Ugg never knew that. I have a pending pre-order with them, and I thought they would send out stuff as it releases. No wonder my Super Robot Wars X hasn't come. I have Bullet Girls Phantasia with it......stupid, stupid policy for sure, and I hope by the time that releases, they still have copies. I'm going to be weary of ordering from them in the future.

So recently PlayAsia had an extra stock of One More Dungeon LE PS4 version not sure if these are from those cancelled orders or what tho

I rather order an item on hand then risk a preorder with an extremely limited product.

Did ypu even bother to bring it up to PA customer service?

Sorry for the noob question but I am very new to PLAYASIA. Where do you guys get these coupons from? Also are they tied to your account?
They send one with each purchase, and even though the numbers are unique, they aren't tied to any accounts. So once used, that code is no longer good, but when they are posted here, the first person to use it, gets the discount. So if you try the code, and it's no longer good, someone beat you to it.

Have any puzzle games(a la The Swapper and Stealth Inc) or Metroidvania games(a la Shadow Complex) been announced as future releases?
Here is their most current upcoming release list, but sadly, many of these titles have been on here for awhile to say the least. LOL I'm not sure which of these titles may fit your request, but it's a starting point at least. LRG will be showing their E3 Showcase video in a few weeks, so I'm sure we will get tons more new games announced. So there may be some more puzzle/Metroidvania titles announced there as well, so just keep an eye out here for those announcements.

https://limitedrungames.com/pages/upcoming-releases

Here's last years video which ran close to 6 minutes, but when it was over, they did a Q&A for about an hour at least(or that was what it felt like). LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN2_DDY8cgk
Man, there are still a decent number of titles featured in last year's video that haven't even come out yet. I'm guessing some of those (Salt & Sanctuary) will again be featured in this year's video.

LRG is struggling. Should all order the max of every release.

https://twitter.com/limitedrunjosh/status/1004051591903801344?s=21

That’s over 15M in sales assuming $25 games.

Hmmm, wondering if they'll do a release for Ghost of a Tale. Not out yet for PS4 but chances are it will be digital only like their PC release was. That's a game I'd want to buy from here. . .

They could probably sell out Atari Jaguar titles.

#notdeadyet
I was thinking they might as well sell games for the Nintendo Wii.

I agree with the poster above. Ghost of A Tale would be perfect for a physical release but LRG usually goes for the smaller\cheap Indie games. The studio doing their own release would be preferred to avoid the LRG tax. Games like Owlboy, Shovel Knight, Velocity 2X, Axiom Verge, Banner Saga and many others.

LRG is struggling. Should all order the max of every release.

https://twitter.com/limitedrunjosh/status/1004051591903801344?s=21

That’s over 15M in sales assuming $25 games.
They were saying Vita sales in the recent months have been slowing down, despite the Vita being the first platform to sell out each time

They’re at nearly 50k sales for Switch already also.

Time to start up Demand Games And Fun. All releases will be sold exclusively on eBay and the quantity will only be announced once they’re all sold out.

There has only been one switch game that I wanted so far.  I'm thankful that it started off that way though so I didn't get roped into buying a bunch of games I only wanted for collection purposes, again. 

My father was an alcoholic, as were many other people in my family.  It's the addiction gene.   It's a sickness.  Compulsory game buying is a similar problem for the people that are genetically predisposed to exhibiting those types of addictive behaviors. 

It's the addiction gene. It's a sickness. Compulsory game buying is a similar problem for the people that are genetically predisposed to exhibiting those types of addictive behaviors.
Uh, that describes me. I have over 8.5k games and only played about 50% of them. I used to buy most any game that was on sale and/or dirt cheap even if I wasn't interested in it. I know, that makes no sense. It was more the collecting aspect that drove me to do that. The past few years I have curbed my game buying by about 25% compared to my past (example including the LRG releases and that never-ending train).

My son is addicted to gaming as well, so I can pass my collection off to him if he wants it later in life.

If anyone is interested here’s an update on my missing switch display stands and what LRG has done to prevent this from happening again:

https://twitter.com/evilgizmoisevil/status/1004155756961259520?s=21

That’s good enough for me, even though the response to my support ticket was less than stellar.

Uh, that describes me. I have over 8.5k games and only played about 50% of them. I used to buy most any game that was on sale and/or dirt cheap even if I wasn't interested in it. I know, that makes no sense. It was more the collecting aspect that drove me to do that. The past few years I have curbed my game buying by about 25% compared to my past (example including the LRG releases and that never-ending train).

My son is addicted to gaming as well, so I can pass my collection off to him if he wants it later in life.
God damn, the fact that you played 4K+ games is impressive. More so than you having 8K games.

bread's done
Back