Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Exile's End was free on PS+ back in Feb for VITA. Go play it if you got it that way.
Thanks for the heads up, I do have it! I was going to buy it no matter what because I really want to support Japanese-made games (partially in this case) but yeah the reviews aren't too hot.

What I'm surprised to see is that it was also released digitally on PS4 but as far as I know LRG is only doing Vita? I think I will wait and see if it also releases on PS4...

Thanks for the heads up, I do have it! I was going to buy it no matter what because I really want to support Japanese-made games (partially in this case) but yeah the reviews aren't too hot.

What I'm surprised to see is that it was also released digitally on PS4 but as far as I know LRG is only doing Vita? I think I will wait and see if it also releases on PS4...
I'm pretty sure LRG is also releasing a PS4 version of Exile's End in addition to the Vita version.

I want to PLAY Thumper, I don't really think it's something I need to own.

Hue is an interesting one.  I might try playing it on PC to see if I like it, if so I'll pick it up, if not it's another Friday of not having to fight with my company's wi-fi to get through!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to try to order Thumper on Friday, which will be my first time buying directly from their site. Any quick tips? Hopefully I won't have too much trouble as I'm not going for the collectors edition and I don't think it'll sell out that fast

I'm going to try to order Thumper on Friday, which will be my first time buying directly from their site. Any quick tips? Hopefully I won't have too much trouble as I'm not going for the collectors edition and I don't think it'll sell out that fast
Thumper is a preorder so you shouldn’t have any problems getting it.

Ongoing pre-orders
Night Trap (Switch) open pre-order until 20th July

Still In Stock
Magicka 2 (PS4, 3,500 copies)

July 20th 2018
Thumper (Switch & PS4 open pre-order until 3rd August, 2000 Switch CEs and 1000 PS4 CEs)
Hue (PS4, Vita, 2300 copies of each platform)

July 27th 2018 TBC
Exile's End (PS4, Vita number of copies TBC)
Everspace (PS4, open pre-orders until 24th August)
Mystery Game (PS4, Vita, open pre-orders for 30 days)

August 3rd 2018
Mystery Game 2: Mystery Harder (Switch, presumably open-preoders for 14 days)

August 10th 2018
Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds (PS4, Vita, number of copies TBC)
Rabi-Rabi (PS4, Vita, number of copies TBC)

August 17th 2018
West of Loathing (Switch) open pre-order until 31st August

August 24th 2018
Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit (Vita, number of copies TBC)

August 31st 2018
Dust: An Elysian Tail (Switch, open pre-orders until 14th September)

September 3rd 2018
Yooka Laylee (Switch, open pre-orders until 1st October)

September 7th 2018
Salt and Sanctuary (PS4, Vita, number of copies TBC)
Mystery Game With A Vengeance (PS4, number of copies TBC)
Live Free or Mystery Game (PS4, number of copies TBC)

Easy pass again for me today. Definitely back for exiles end tho and I want everspace but I'll see what else I can bundle in an order with it. They're all preorders now anyway so I hate not knowing what will arrive at the same time.

Wait, they want $65 for the physical release of thumper? That seems a bit much

Nvm, just saw thats for the collectors, still though $35? Isnt the digital $20 full price?

Wait, they want $65 for the physical release of thumper? That seems a bit much

Nvm, just saw thats for the collectors, still though $35? Isnt the digital $20 full price?
Yeah, digital is $20. Price is in line with most of the other Switch releases they have done so far. Usually $29.99 or $34.99.

I caved and bought the last copy of Magicka 2. Been waffling on it since it went up for sale. I figured there’s been nothing for me for weeks and it doesn’t look like there is anything till Phantom Breaker and Rabi Rabi in a few weeks so why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm grabbing Night Trap and Hue, as I was hoping for another NS title to go with NT, so I'm just gonna combine that with Hue and wait. I actually have Hue digital, so no big deal in the delay I guess. I'm sure for most, Thumper will go good for combining, but while that game has great reviews, it's not something I see myself playing. So it's a Vita/NS combine day for me I guess.

Yeah, digital is $20. Price is in line with most of the other Switch releases they have done so far. Usually $29.99 or $34.99.
I always thought the rule of thumb was $10 over digital so I’d expect Thumper to be $29.99 for PS4. It looks really cool, especially in VR, but that extra $5 will likely cause me to pass. I do like the preorder option though, if I change my mind in a few days it will still be available.

I always thought the rule of thumb was $10 over digital so I’d expect Thumper to be $29.99 for PS4. It looks really cool, especially in VR, but that extra $5 will likely cause me to pass. I do like the preorder option though, if I change my mind in a few days it will still be available.
A lot of their Switch games (and even some of their PS4 games) have been $15 over digital lately. Their response when asked about it (Night Trap specifically): "Because we can."

Switch carts cost more to produce so not surprised LRG has increased the price a bit. I am debating on Thumper for Switch, but just the standard, the CE has a sweet steelbook, but I don't really care about the rest of the stuff and $65 is too rich for my blood. I have the game digitally on PS4 and playing in VR is the way to go for sure, it's a very intense and visceral experience in VR.

A lot of their Switch games (and even some of their PS4 games) have been $15 over digital lately. Their response when asked about it (Night Trap specifically): "Because we can."
Makes it easier to pass on some of the Switch releases when I have them on PS4 already.

Makes it easier to pass on some of the Switch releases when I have them on PS4 already.
Yeah, this is my rule of thumb for the Vita as well, no double dipping on NS titles I already have. I sold my PS4 Night Trap ages ago, when I thought the Vita version was still likely to happen. Now that's a pipe dream, so I did order the NS version, as it's my only copy at this point.

Wow.. I really hope that’s not true. Seems like a pretty cocky response that I wouldn’t expect from the guys at LRG. Sadly they are probably right though, most of their stuff sells out eventually.

Does anyone know if they automatically ship in a box if a PS4 game is ordered with a Switch game?  I seem to recall that in the past if a PS4 game was ordered with anything else, they'd ship in a box.  I'm not sure if that is still the case since they started selling Switch games.  I guess the box is only an extra $2, so it's not a big deal to add it....  

Ongoing pre-orders
Night Trap (Switch) open pre-order until 20th July

Still In Stock
Magicka 2 (PS4, 3,500 copies)

July 20th 2018
Thumper (Switch & PS4 open pre-order until 3rd August, 2000 Switch CEs and 1000 PS4 CEs)
Hue (PS4, Vita, 2300 copies of each platform)

July 27th 2018 TBC
Exile's End (PS4, Vita number of copies TBC)
Everspace (PS4, open pre-orders until 24th August)
Mystery Game (PS4, Vita, open pre-orders for 30 days)

August 3rd 2018
Mystery Game 2: Mystery Harder (Switch, presumably open-preoders for 14 days)

August 10th 2018
Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds (PS4, Vita, number of copies TBC)
Rabi-Rabi (PS4, Vita, number of copies TBC)

August 17th 2018
West of Loathing (Switch) open pre-order until 31st August

August 24th 2018
Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit (Vita, number of copies TBC)

August 31st 2018
Dust: An Elysian Tail (Switch, open pre-orders until 14th September)

September 3rd 2018
Yooka Laylee (Switch, open pre-orders until 1st October)

September 7th 2018
Salt and Sanctuary (PS4, Vita, number of copies TBC)
Mystery Game With A Vengeance (PS4, number of copies TBC)
Live Free or Mystery Game (PS4, number of copies TBC)
Yo, thanks for compiling these lists. You're a godsend for people like me who can't keep up with all the news/info that gets released who knows when and where.

Does anyone know if they automatically ship in a box if a PS4 game is ordered with a Switch game? I seem to recall that in the past if a PS4 game was ordered with anything else, they'd ship in a box. I'm not sure if that is still the case since they started selling Switch games. I guess the box is only an extra $2, so it's not a big deal to add it....
Yeah, a PS$ game along with any other game is supposed to get a box, or at least that's how it used to work.

Did anyone try using the Night Trap 10% off code? I just tried mine and it didn't work.
I would have, but I never got one, or if I did, I couldn't find it(as I should have gotten it).

Did anyone try using the Night Trap 10% off code? I just tried mine and it didn't work.
Supposedly they will be releasing a 10% off code for CSH Switch as well (for previous buyers). Hopefully those actually work.

On another note I picked up Night Trap originally but never got a 10% off code for the Switch version. I wonder what decided whether you got a code or not.

Supposedly they will be releasing a 10% off code for CSH Switch as well (for previous buyers). Hopefully those actually work.

On another note I picked up Night Trap originally but never got a 10% off code for the Switch version. I wonder what decided whether you got a code or not.
Yeah, same for me, I never got the code. I'll probably get the one for CSH, since I have no plans to use it. LOL

It will be interesting to see if that 8-count Night Trap trading card bundle becomes valuable.  I find it crazy but some people pay $5-10 per trading card and the Night Trap set was only available to order through their site for a limited time and is being printed to demand.

It will be interesting to see if that 8-count Night Trap trading card bundle becomes valuable. I find it crazy but some people pay $5-10 per trading card and the Night Trap set was only available to order through their site for a limited time and is being printed to demand.
I don't think so. Looking at eBay 2-3 cards get sold per day, and in the end value doesn't mean anything if nobody's willing to buy it.

It will be interesting to see if that 8-count Night Trap trading card bundle becomes valuable. I find it crazy but some people pay $5-10 per trading card and the Night Trap set was only available to order through their site for a limited time and is being printed to demand.
I ordered it, but I didn't know it was being printed to order, otherwise I may have grabbed a few extra. I bought them as I like LRG trading cards, so getting that special set seemed a no brainer. I really wish LRG had started to offer the TC packs by now, as I don't get many games, so getting cards is kind of hard for me normally.

Right now prices are pretty high for what these are, but that really comes down to the amount of cards in the wild. Right now the only way to get cards is with orders, so for those it's not hard to see the current level of demand. Once packs are available(if ever), I'm happy to just buy those and see what I get. Of course at that point, more forums and places for trade and the like will happen, which will let everyone trade, buy, etc for the cards they want. The night trap set being made to order, I see that being rather expensive for the duration, so long as LRG continues to offer TC.

I ordered it, but I didn't know it was being printed to order, otherwise I may have grabbed a few extra. I bought them as I like LRG trading cards, so getting that special set seemed a no brainer. I really wish LRG had started to offer the TC packs by now, as I don't get many games, so getting cards is kind of hard for me normally.

Right now prices are pretty high for what these are, but that really comes down to the amount of cards in the wild. Right now the only way to get cards is with orders, so for those it's not hard to see the current level of demand. Once packs are available(if ever), I'm happy to just buy those and see what I get. Of course at that point, more forums and places for trade and the like will happen, which will let everyone trade, buy, etc for the cards they want. The night trap set being made to order, I see that being rather expensive for the duration, so long as LRG continues to offer TC.
It has kind of surprised me how high the values have been for Switch LRG versions, given that they are made to order and the print runs are likely way higher than their other stuff. Shows you the popularity of Switch. I’ve been loading up on these lately and it’s like printing money. Yes, a slight brag but more of a tip for any others who are so inclined.

Just got an email from Limited Run about this Friday’s releases and apparently there is going to be a “mystery” PS4/Vita game release as well. Thoughts on what it might be? 🤔

“This Friday, July 27th, 2018 at 10AM Eastern Time - we'll be releasing three new games - Exile's End, Everspace: Galactic Edition, and a mystery game for the PS Vita and PS4! All of these games will go on sale at the same time, exclusively at www.limitedrungames.com.”

Everspace includes VR mode right?  Are they only offering the game as a bundle with the soundtrack?  That's all I see on the webpage, hopefully they just havent listed the standard game only yet..

Baseless fever dream speculation: LRG has signed a deal with Matt Makes Games for the physical version of Celeste, and as a bonus windfall this has allowed LRG to secure the release of the dev's older game, Towerfall Ascension! :whee:

Wild speculation time! I’m going to guess it’s Rogue Legacy. Seems like it would meet their mystery game criteria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everspace includes VR mode right? Are they only offering the game as a bundle with the soundtrack? That's all I see on the webpage, hopefully they just havent listed the standard game only yet..
There is only one version that will be sold through LRG. They included the soundtrack because the Everspace retail release was going to have one for the same $40 price tag.

It's an open pre-order, so it has to be one of the bigger titles so far for sure. Hopefully it's one of the "most requested" that I actually had an interest in, as not all of those are ones I would personally pick if given the chance. I only planned for one title this week, but now it looks like two will be the order of the day. I wonder if this mystery title will have a CE as well?

bread's done
Back