Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I’m in for one of each platform on this one. Leaning towards a Vita CE and PS4 standard for the sake of my Vita CE collection, but gotta wait for that to even be announced. It’s a pretty safe bet that it is coming and it’ll probably be identical to the PS4 one as per their usual.

Wondering if it’s worth trying to trade someone for it. Don’t really have the budget for it, but it is a nice CE. I’ve got some duplicate CEs I could/should use as trade fodder. Might check the trade thread and see what I get.

They've mentioned this multiple times before, but people still don't seem to listen. LRG themselves do not set the prices for each individual release. There is no "standard" price for LRG games. The developers have the ultimate say for how much gets charged for each release, and we've seen this occur multiple times with prices that vary and fluctuate on a per-title basis. LRG can and does provide advice and suggestions to developers on pricing, but they don't dictate the pricing, so there is likely never going to be any "base" prices, no matter what platform we're talking about. Some developers will charge more for some titles, and some will charge less. There may even be a few developers who subsidize their own releases, allowing them to charge even less. (not likely, but it could happen)

Bottom line, there are no real fixed prices for LRG games. Get used to it.
Get used to it? 😂

Just asking a basic question. I see you’re one of those take the path of greatest resistance types!

I plan on picking up Phantom Breaker on both platforms, along with Bastion.  As much as I like the look of the Phantom Breaker CE I'm still sticking with the standard versions for it.  Now if the artbook was hardcover that would have pushed me over for buying it.

I'm interested in Phantom Breaker.. but I want the Overdrive edition on the switch since I have enough controllers there for the 4 player couch co-op.  I might just cave and spend the $10 and let that one be digital.

Yeah, recent productions have ground to a crawl from the usual turnaround. Not a big deal mind you, backhaul isn’t getting any smaller.
Zero complaints here when I see things like this..

Aaero (PS4)
Aaero was held up while the developer submitted a disc image that contained the game's DLC - this has been completed and the games have been ordered from Sony. We expect this to ship late August or early September.

Cosmic Star Heroine (PS4)
The developers at Zeboyd Games wanted to fix some issues that were encountered during the Vita version's development and they made the decision to wait for that patch to be completed before pressing the discs. This allows us to include that final patch on the disc, which will result in a complete and final physical product. We expect this to ship in early September. With the 76 page manual - we guarantee this will be worth the wait!

Kingdom New Lands (PS4)
The disc image for this game needed to be updated to include the latest patch. This is now approved and manufacturing will begin next week. We expect this to ship in early September.

PLEASE keep doing this LRG. I will gladly wait for a COMPLETE game on the disc. Someday the online servers will be down and we won't be able to download patches. I really like when the FULL game is on the disc without a need for an internet connection. We all have so many games that an extra few months wait isn't a big deal at all to get a complete product. Well done!

One of the reasons is probably because Sony is probably ramping up and focusing production for the Triple A titles set to release this Holiday. :lol:

Yeah pretty conflicted on this as on one hand the PS4 version has the DLC but on the other hand VITA! So not sure how I’m going to purchase this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Thumper worth it for the VR experience?
Yes can't imagine playing without it. Much more intense. Fun game but not something you'd keep playing unless you're going for the Platinum trophy.

$40 is pretty damn steep for the game though.

So Tokyo Chronos will come out in like 3-6 years? I don't trust Sekai on the console game front. If I would play that game it would be PSVR though.

Sekai Project still hasnt fulfilled their partnership with LRG. And its been years. They dont really deserve much faith at this point.

TOKYO CHRONOS, a New, VR Mystery Visual Novel Game!

Playstation VR physical copies by LRG

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/tokyo-chronos-a-new-vr-mystery-visual-novel-game/posts/2255141
Worth noting that, as of now, you can only obtain a physical copy by pledging at least $60 to the campaign. It was asked if a standard version would be released via LRG's website and they said, "we'll discuss it with them after the kickstarter."
Which basically translates to, "fuck you. Pay us now or risk not getting a copy."

Just what you want to hear from a company known for missing their deadlines by years.

Worth noting that, as of now, you can only obtain a physical copy by pledging at least $60 to the campaign. It was asked if a standard version would be released via LRG's website and they said, "we'll discuss it with them after the kickstarter."
Which basically translates to, "fuck you. Pay us now or risk not getting a copy."

Just what you want to hear from a company known for missing their deadlines by years.
So you expect them to say yes and then lose out on potential kickstarter funds when they haven't met their goal yet and potentially piss off people who already pledged $60 or more.

So you expect them to say yes and then lose out on potential kickstarter funds when they haven't met their goal yet and potentially piss off people who already pledged $60 or more.
You mean the very thing that several other, more reputable, companies have already done? Make a kickstarter variant. Make the collector's edition exclusive, as they've already done.

I've pledged to well over 30+ crowdfunding deals like KS, GoGo, etc., and they all fall in to one of two categories. First are those who have legit cash flow problems, and without proper funding their projects may not happen otherwise. The second are those who may have the funds, and don't want to risk their own money(Like Wayforward), or they may just want to improve on said project, and the added traffic of KS can and will help bring in more funds to improve a campaign.

That being said, it looks to me like this game wants both sides of the fence, and that's fine when it's made perfectly clear before hand. As stated, many companies have offered KS exclusives, while still offering regular retail releases, which is a perfectly fine practice. What's not cool, is saying after the campaign, further details will be given. It's very clear to anyone what the plan is here, and if someone opts to support this, that's their business. I would personally avoid a campaign like this, as anyone who would not give all details before hand, will also not think twice about ripping someone off at a later date.

I can legit say right now I don't know if we are selling any copies outside of the Kickstarter and if we did it'd be extremely limited. 

If you're waiting for a Switch version of Phantom Breaker, it depends on the success of the PS4/Vita ver. If it's successful, it won't come until the middle of next year if every thing works out

https://limitedrungames.com/pages/upcoming-releases

Narcissu PS4

Fault Milestone One PS4

World End Economica Episode 1 PS4

World End Economica Episode 2 PS4

World End Economica Episode 3 PS4

Never believe the promises of Sekai Project ever again. Even after they dangled the Vita carrot stretch goal for more kickstarter money.

Absolutely terrible.. Literally no physical Vita titles from SP besides Rabi Ribi.

https://limitedrungames.com/pages/upcoming-releases

Narcissu PS4

Fault Milestone One PS4

World End Economica Episode 1 PS4

World End Economica Episode 2 PS4

World End Economica Episode 3 PS4

Never believe the promises of Sekai Project ever again. Even after they dangled the Vita carrot stretch goal for more kickstarter money.

Absolutely terrible.. Literally no physical Vita titles from SP besides Rabi Ribi.
Pretty disappointing we are not getting those visual novels on vita. Thankfully I had already prepared myself for this outcome so it helped soften the blow.

I’m still pretty excited about getting these games though. It’s nice that I can still play them on my Vita through remote play too.

Fantastic PR by Sekai Project.

Sent out info saying Vita isn't dead. Only for the LRG Upcoming Games list to update and all SP Titles supposed to come out for the Vita get changed to PS4 only cept Rabi Ribi.

Well, good news I guess..........I can still see this situation going south. But I guess so long as what ever is in place, and paperwork is filed, etc, these games will happen, just a matter of when and not if, maybe? LOL

I’m really not holding out an hope whatsoever that these games will be on the Vita. They had all the time in the world and now that it’s at the end of the Vitas life where it’s going to be more harder pressed then ever and I just don’t see how they will get it done. Too bad really looked forward to them. Move onto PS4 I guess “maybe”

"oh shoot, they halted physical Vita cart production. sorry guys, we really wanted our games on Vita too."
that was ATLUS's excuse tbh.

SP had 2+ years to get things going. Maybe if they didn't keep piling on Kickstarters one after the other, we would've gotten them by now

They are a shit company.  They were happy to take people's money multiple times under the guise of publishing physical Vita games.  If I was one of their supporters I'd be pissed. 

I've been waiting for a release of salt and sanctuary forever now. I've held out on buying it during sales to someday get a physical copy. Did they already do it and I missed it? If not does anyone know any information about if they ever will?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

I've been waiting for a release of salt and sanctuary forever now. I've held out on buying it during sales to someday get a physical copy. Did they already do it and I missed it? If not does anyone know any information about if they ever will?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
PS4/Vita is Sept 7th.

But if you want a Switch copy, a retail version is being released. You can find it Gamestop and Amazon's websites currently.

Still waiting on my Mighty Number 9 Vita cart....
Sadly, I'm pretty sure that and the 3DS versions are MIA, and won't be rescued in this lifetime. LOL

This is a text book example of KS gone horribly wrong, but pretty early on, I could see the folly of this one and I steered clear. Just way to many promises and to many platforms for this to have turned out any differently than it did.

Is LRG doing a physical release of Phantom Breaker as well?
DjrtA2XUUAERz33.jpg
The PS4 version is the Complete Edition (includes DLC) for those unaware. 29.99 standard

The VIta version will NOT have the DLC included. 24.99 standard

I really hope that they pull some miracle out and release the SP games on Vita. I hate playing visual novels on my TV, so not being able to get them on Switch or Vita is a major turn off for those titles. 

If you're waiting for a Switch version of Phantom Breaker, it depends on the success of the PS4/Vita ver. If it's successful, it won't come until the middle of next year if every thing works out
That's really good to know. I think I can easily just sleep on this and if the digital version has a sale or I get a serious itch for it before then... I'll just go digital. I really need to fire my PS3 up and play some Scott Pilgrim.

bread's done
Back