Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Which other retailer does that?
I'm pretty sure LRG used to, but it was a $5 charge, and it required a lot of work on their part, so I personally never did it. They may still offer it, or may have stopped, due to the logistics of it all. But yeah, it's rather hard to do after the fact, and I don't know of any retailers who offer it, because of the work involved.

I'm pretty sure LRG used to, but it was a $5 charge, and it required a lot of work on their part, so I personally never did it. They may still offer it, or may have stopped, due to the logistics of it all. But yeah, it's rather hard to do after the fact, and I don't know of any retailers who offer it, because of the work involved.
I think he was talking about automatically combining orders. Amazon does it, but for non-Prime members, they sure don't refund any money. LRG will still combine orders if you ask within a day or two of the initial order. I'm not aware of any retailer that charges for shipping that will combine orders and refund the extra shipping after the fact.

WOW, the production update page is looking pretty good, how long has then been a thing? LOL

I gave up this would ever happen, but with all these 2-4+ month delays, they must have finally realized it's better to put this some place where it can be of use, instead of getting hundreds of emails a week. Sadly, I guess most of us here gave up ages ago, but this looks pretty up to date and is beyond over due.

https://limitedrungames.com/pages/production-updates

WOW, the production update page is looking pretty good, how long has then been a thing? LOL

I gave up this would ever happen, but with all these 2-4+ month delays, they must have finally realized it's better to put this some place where it can be of use, instead of getting hundreds of emails a week. Sadly, I guess most of us here gave up ages ago, but this looks pretty up to date and is beyond over due.

Since 2017

Yeah, I'm glad they did this, very helpful for me who doesn't follow things very closely (along with Olengie's updates).

I also thought it was funny, I have a PayPal credit 6-month interest free balance that's ending soon and I was thinking WTF is this for? It's for an LRG purchase of course... and the game is still in production.:whistle2:/

I just went through my LRG order history and I have 19 unfulfilled orders dating back to April. I'm not complaining though as I know they'll come eventually. Actually got two packages from them this week, the first I've received in quite some time.

Yeah, I'm glad they did this, very helpful for me who doesn't follow things very closely (along with Olengie's updates).

I also thought it was funny, I have a PayPal credit 6-month interest free balance that's ending soon and I was thinking WTF is this for? It's for an LRG purchase of course... and the game is still in production.:whistle2:/
ROFL!

Since 2017
Yeah, I did get a few email updates now and again awhile back, but since Josh & Doug seemed hell bent against ever doing a proper listing, that was updated regularly, I said fuck it!(that was probably back in 2017). LOL

How well do you guys think golf story is going to sell? This will be the first release i ordered from them that i intend to play, that and ace of seafood. Been lurking here for months :)

How well do you guys think golf story is going to sell? This will be the first release i ordered from them that i intend to play, that and ace of seafood. Been lurking here for months :)
I would think it would do as well as their best NS titles so far, as it was the first title they kind of confirmed when NS games finally got the green light. I'm in to golf games, and the RPG/story ones are just icing on the cake, so I for sure plan to grab a copy. Not sure if I'll get the CE or not, as I've been steering clear of those for awhile now, but I'm expecting a unique offering for this one, so I may bite(but doubtful).

VA-11 HALL-a doesn't seem to require the 3.69 Vita firmware so yay I guess.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Senran Kagura Bon Appetit.

It will likely be a 2 week preorder period so you shouldn't have issues purchasing it. Waiting until the last minute though, will screw you over so just be sure to check out while theres still daylight on the last PO date.

I would think it would do as well as their best NS titles so far, as it was the first title they kind of confirmed when NS games finally got the green light. I'm in to golf games, and the RPG/story ones are just icing on the cake, so I for sure plan to grab a copy. Not sure if I'll get the CE or not, as I've been steering clear of those for awhile now, but I'm expecting a unique offering for this one, so I may bite(but doubtful).
Considering they already have some product in hand so they can begin shipping almost immediately (Josh showed the carts on his twitter, and people went nuts thinking they missed the order window), LRG is probably thinking this will be a big seller as well. I am hoping for something fun for a CE, but if it is the same as what has been offered recently, just going with a standard edition.

Considering they already have some product in hand so they can begin shipping almost immediately (Josh showed the carts on his twitter, and people went nuts thinking they missed the order window), LRG is probably thinking this will be a big seller as well. I am hoping for something fun for a CE, but if it is the same as what has been offered recently, just going with a standard edition.
I believe LRG said that they are planning something special for the Golf Story CE and that it will also be one of their most expensive CEs. We will probably have to wait until two days before preorders go live to find out though as that is about when they've been announcing CEs for games.

In watching today's Spawn Wave video, looks like Lawbreakers had the servers taken down.  Though I'm not responsible in any way, I do feel sorry for anyone here that got caught up in the hype on that one.

Ok, so my copy of Hue shipped, arrived in my city on the 14th, and then went to Maryland and then back to Greensboro, NC.

Anyone have a guess on what the hell is up with that?

Ok, so my copy of Hue shipped, arrived in my city on the 14th, and then went to Maryland and then back to Greensboro, NC.

They were testing the new hurricane delivery system. It didn't work out so it was sent back for regular postal service.

Jokes aside, hope everyone is not affected too badly from the storm.

I might be in the extreme minority, but I find that the Lawbreakers situation has made me appreciate my copy more. Everyone knew when buying a physical copy of an online multiplayer game that there was a natural endpoint for the usefulness of that disc. Yes, it came far, far earlier than it should have, but it was still inevitable. I find that it's a cool relic of a dead experiment. Maybe that's just the historian in me talking though. Haha

Shipping services aren't perfect. Once I had a UPS package go from Kentucky to California to Florida and then to me (I live in Missouri for reference).

What about siralim? Did you guys pick that up? I saw on their upcoming release page they are supposed to drop #2 as well. Anybody have an idea of when?

Shipping services aren't perfect. Once I had a UPS package go from Kentucky to California to Florida and then to me (I live in Missouri for reference).
That's true, just didn't think it would make sense having the package literally at my local post office that is a few blocks away only to send it back out to Maryland again and then back to NC which has been devastated by a hurricane.

That's true, just didn't think it would make sense having the package literally at my local post office that is a few blocks away only to send it back out to Maryland again and then back to NC which has been devastated by a hurricane.
I don't think Greensboro got hit that bad, but I understand what you mean. Shipping in NC is kinda fucky, as I ordered rainguards on Friday, and it was projected to arrive on the 24th. Got here today.

I might be in the extreme minority, but I find that the Lawbreakers situation has made me appreciate my copy more. Everyone knew when buying a physical copy of an online multiplayer game that there was a natural endpoint for the usefulness of that disc. Yes, it came far, far earlier than it should have, but it was still inevitable. I find that it's a cool relic of a dead experiment. Maybe that's just the historian in me talking though. Haha
I appreciate the perspective. It's kind of like all these online only games that come and go are like buying into an event (movie, concert, sports game, ...etc) and the physical release ends up the equivalent of a ticket stub. I can understand that. My oldest son looks similarly at his PS3 copy of Destiny... though with that he had a lot of fun playing it with his local friends.

I admire your glass-half-full disposition. I suppose the collector's editions content is still cool. A useless disc doesn't do much for me, though... even as a collector.

I often wonder why online-only games don't come with a LAN option. I feel like that should be an absolute necessity with any game that's reliant on online servers. It seems like such an easy thing to implement and would keep these games, which have so many thousands of hours of work and creativity put into them, alive. Yea, it takes effort to set up, but at least you still have the ability to do so if you want to.

I admire your glass-half-full disposition. I suppose the collector's editions content is still cool. A useless disc doesn't do much for me, though... even as a collector.

I often wonder why online-only games don't come with a LAN option. I feel like that should be an absolute necessity with any game that's reliant on online servers. It seems like such an easy thing to implement and would keep these games, which have so many thousands of hours of work and creativity put into them, alive. Yea, it takes effort to set up, but at least you still have the ability to do so if you want to.
I've been out of the Army for several years now, but this brought back some fond memories of the Halo LAN parties we had in the barracks in the early 2000's. I have no idea if that's still a thing, but the nostalgia makes me wonder and hope that it is, with the younger generation.

LRG should never have published Lawbreakers. But if the goal is to buy games that don't work, there are cheaper ways: https://www.ebay.com/itm/PlayStation-3-MAG-VideoGames/173196865842

Hey, finally got my shipping notice for Read Only, MUSYNX, Xenon Valkyrie & VA-11 HALL-A. This is way cool, as a few of those I plan to actually open and play ASAP.

The standard is apparently in stock and should ship fast after they put it up
Sounds like they are going to ship the game portion of the CE separately as well if you're one of the first batch of orders. Apparently the first batch is 10,000 units. Not sure how many of those are allocated to the CE.

Sounds like they are going to ship the game portion of the CE separately as well if you're one of the first batch of orders. Apparently the first batch is 10,000 units. Not sure how many of those are allocated to the CE.
It's just not the same when the games come outside the CE. At that point, you're just buying the game and then buying a box of fangamer stuff.

They clarified on Twitter that you have to select "ship seperately" before adding the CE to cart. Only those that request the game before the rest of the contents will ship outside of the CE box.

I'll probably stick to the standard edition for Golf Story, but that trophy does look great. (pompadour and everything) I skipped on Furi for the Switch, already had it for the PS4, and just decided not to double-dip. But Golf Story is a personal favorite, and I'll be snagging one of those.

bread's done
Back