Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Best Buy can put em up for pre order and not ship it until much later
Best Buy can also cancel the pre-order because they're stupid and put it back for sale on a random day so you don't get it like they did with Owl Boy limited. I can just see Best Buy overselling and then cancelling en mass.

I didn't see the discussion here when I started the other topic. Sorry to duplicate but I also hate digging in these threads for info!

The Vita Night Trap CE is up on LRG site:

https://limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-193-night-trap-vita

EDIT: Excuse me, Deluxe bundle, not CE. I may grab this for $50, damn sure would have passed for $75. Also, is this the only version being offered?
Looks like the only version thus far. Considering this stuff likes to show up on Thursday maybe a standard version will happen then but I doubt it given 2800 copies and only 1 per customer. Also note the Sega CD/Saturn long box inclusion. I guess they have a bunch of extra ones to get rid of?

I assume its an error but the listing states "Remaining Inventory: 3%"

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, there will be lots of people buying one of each, so the supply has essentially been cut in half.
Yeah, I hadn't thought about that, as before, it was one per person, but now that qty was cut in half, and now buyers can technically buy one of each. Uh Oh, not good! LOL

I'd honestly be fine skipping NT Vita since I have both PS4 and switch but that CD soundtrack is honestly the standout item. Even if I buy im not sure I can justify spending $50 for it. Ugh decisions decisions. That song is so fucking catchy lol. Definitely going to be ordering a copy of Double Switch. Not going to bite on the CE so glad the standard edition is an open pre-order so I don't have to worry

Yeah, I hadn't thought about that, as before, it was one per person, but now that qty was cut in half, and now buyers can technically buy one of each. Uh Oh, not good! LOL
It's low quantities, however a lot of folks have already bought it for other platforms so maybe it won't be a total bloodbath but just a normal LRG bloodbath haha. Either way this is the first time in a while that I'm actually a little nervous about getting a copy of something since I will only be able to order from a phone with slow service that day.

Edit - they apparently took down the listing and are now considering doing some standard editions as well.
Was this really up for sale? Everything I've seen makes it seem like it goes on sale on Friday. It wasn't even on my radar today.

Was this really up for sale? Everything I've seen makes it seem like it goes on sale on Friday. It wasn't even on my radar today.
It wasn't for sale, but they put up the listings for Friday usually a day or two before. When they initially put up the listing, they only had one version available for $50 which was the deluxe at 2,800 copies. They received some pressure on Twitter and ended up taking the listing down and splitting between 1,400 standard and 1,400 deluxe.

It wasn't for sale, but they put up the listings for Friday usually a day or two before. When they initially put up the listing, they only had one version available for $50 which was the deluxe at 2,800 copies. They received some pressure on Twitter and ended up taking the listing down and splitting between 1,400 standard and 1,400 deluxe.
Ah, got it. Thanks for clarifying.

Screenshot-20181031-201507.png

Damn LRG, why you gotta send me "ghost" emails on Halloween? :cold:

I hope I can get a copy of Night Trap for vita. I skipped all the other releases because I really had no interest in the game and honestly really still don't. It is a really bad game. I think it is more because of the novelty and that they were able to port it to vita.

Picked up Night Trap Classic Edition and both copies of Siralim 2.  Will probably pick up Double Switch with the VR game next week so they ship them both in a box.

I tried to get Night Trap standard edition, and I got all the way to the end of the checkout process through Paypal where you review your order, and the game was sold out.  First time I've had that happen.

Yeah, as expected, the standard edition sold out in about a minute. It appears the classic edition is still is still available, but around 50 copies.

Count me in on getting the sold out message for first time ever on Night Trap vita.  It was Paypal fault though, it lag like hell and it kept having to re-log me in over and over for some reason.  Since I didn't want to miss out I caved and got the classic edition since I won't be around for the evening sale.  So this makes 3 CE's I've ordered for Night Trap now. :roll:

Weekly updates pulled from the production updates page, anything that changed from last week is bold.The October flurry ended up almost completely being pushed into November, though they were able to get SMRPG and Night Trap (Switch) out at the end of the month.

I think they're being very optimistic with this schedule still, they're really expecting to get a lot done in a season where very little gets done (employees on holiday, etc.). I appreciate that they put in some dates for a lot of the TBD items, though. Even if it's not accurate, having a baseline is good to manage expectations.

Now with a spoiler tag to avoid doubling the size of the page:

Shipping "Now"

• Cosmic Star Heroine (PS4/Vita)
  • Kingdoms: New Lands (PS4)
  • Bastion (PS4)
  • Thumper (PS4)
  • Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds (PS4/Vita)
  • Late Shift (PS4)
  • Gunhouse (PS4/Vita)
  • Salt and Sanctuary (PS4/Vita)
  • Magicka 2 (PS4)
  • Kingdom: New Lands Vinyl
  • Another World OST
  • Oxenfree (Switch)
  • Golf Story Round 1 (Switch, still listed as "October")
Shipping November

• Bastion (Vita)
  • Kingdom: New Lands (Switch)
  • Thumper (Switch)
  • Senran Kagura: Bon Apetit (Vita)
  • Phantom Breaker CE (PS4/Vita)
  • Yooka Laylee (Switch)
  • Golf Story Round 2 (Switch)
  • GALF (NES)
  • Narcosis (PS4)
  • Furi (Switch)
Shipping Mid-November to Early December

• Another World (PS4/Vita)
  • Layers of Fear (PS4)
  • Dragon's Lair (PS4)
  • Defender's Quest (PS4/Vita)
  • 8 Bit Anthology (PS4)
Shipping December

• Layers of Fear (Switch)
  • Everspace (PS4)
Shipping January

• Broken Age (Switch)
  • Golf Story CE (Switch)
  • Mages of Mystralia (PS4)
  • Dragon Sinker (PS4/Vita)
Shipping in Late January

• Outlast: Bundle of Terror (Switch)
  • Outlast 2 (Switch)
  • Outlast 1/2 CE

Shipping Eventually (TBA/no date)

• West of Loathing (Switch)
  • Dust (Switch)
  • Golf Story Vinyl
  • Defender's Quest OST
  • PixelJunk Monsters 2 (PS4/Switch)
  • Siralam 2 (PS4/Vita)
  • Night Trap (Vita)
  • Double Switch (PS4)

Shipping "Now"
  • Golf Story Round 1 (Switch, still listed as "October")
Yeah they missed October completely unless they forgot to send shipping notifications. Granted I have had a game show up before the shipping notification... but I'm not expecting that to be the case here when they were last waiting for them to show up from the packager. I'm just hoping the first print run ships this month. I'm surprised they still have the second print run slated to ship this month when they've had to delay most other switch games by months between ordering and shipping.

I passed on Night Trap Vita. Already have the PS4 copy, and pre-ordered the Switch version. (there was something irresistably compelling about having a copy of Night Trap on a Nintendo system, I lived through that controversy back in the day) But I'm not a Vita completionist, so I feel no need for that version, not with the other copies I already have. I got Siralim 2 for the Vita instead.

I remember seeing (either on this thread or somewhere else) that LRG was going to issue a discount coupon to those that want to keep their Golf Story preorder from them (as a response to being a bit shady on the whole Best Buy/Golf Story issue).  Has anyone here gotten that yet? Do you have to do anything to get it or were they just going to send it out eventually to everyone that bought the game from them?  I was just wondering if I should contact them about the issue, I could definitely make use of that coupon in the future.

I'm still torn on getting Night Trap. May try again after missing it this morning but also I have it on PS4 and switch so it's not a huge loss if I miss it. Biggest thing I want is the CD soundtrack... So if I miss it again someone who gets it better rip it for me 😁

I'm still torn on getting Night Trap. May try again after missing it this morning but also I have it on PS4 and switch so it's not a huge loss if I miss it. Biggest thing I want is the CD soundtrack... So if I miss it again someone who gets it better rip it for me
its a CD with the theme from Night Trap that all just one song on the CD you can find it on youtube

I remember seeing (either on this thread or somewhere else) that LRG was going to issue a discount coupon to those that want to keep their Golf Story preorder from them
I haven't received a code. I'd imagine while they are still accepting cancellations (which that time table is unclear) they'll issue codes.

Is Night Trap ever coming digitally for Vita or is this the only way to get it? Same for Double Switch PS4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grabbed Siralim and Night Trap Classic this morning and Night Trap vanilla this evening. Was afraid of screwing around on my slow phone this morning and missing out on both Night Traps so I made two orders. Vanilla went really fast both times. I wish Sony would recognize that there is still a consistent demand for Vita games in North America. I know it may be limited demand in terms of numbers of people, but judging how fast almost every Vita release sells out it certainly is consistent demand.

I mean, selling 2k copies isn't really enough for them to bother with.

Even the Japanese niche games from bigger publishers (e.g. Atlus) hit like 30k copies for small retail runs (e.g. first print of Etrian Odyssey).

just a heads up Defender's Quest ps4 only has 4 copys left also today is the last day to get Layers of Fear for the Switch

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that starting with this order I was charged an incorrect tax amount on my order.  I live in PA and would normally be charged a 6% sales tax, which is what my prior few orders have been charged.  But starting with this order I was also charged an Allegheny County sales tax of an additional 1%.  The thing is I don't even live near 100 miles of Allegheny County.  Reading the LRG forums it appears that other PA residents have been incorrectly charged this tax and even someone from Illinois said they were charged Cook County and Chicago Municipal tax despite not living in those tax jurisdictions.

If you are getting charged sales tax on your orders I would suggest reviewing your order summary to make sure you are being charged the correct amount (should be located under the shipping charge).

I opened a help desk ticket where they should be able to rectify this overcharge.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that starting with this order I was charged an incorrect tax amount on my order. I live in PA and would normally be charged a 6% sales tax, which is what my prior few orders have been charged. But starting with this order I was also charged an Allegheny County sales tax of an additional 1%. The thing is I don't even live near 100 miles of Allegheny County. Reading the LRG forums it appears that other PA residents have been incorrectly charged this tax and even someone from Illinois said they were charged Cook County and Chicago Municipal tax despite not living in those tax jurisdictions.

If you are getting charged sales tax on your orders I would suggest reviewing your order summary to make sure you are being charged the correct amount (should be located under the shipping charge).

I opened a help desk ticket where they should be able to rectify this overcharge.
Hey thanks for the heads up. I live in PA too. Overpaying for already disgusting government extortion is pretty .....well, disgusting
Loose Rattling Games better get their act together

bread's done
Back