Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I got Rabi-Ribi for Vita  - when I added to the cart I got the dreaded "You are in line" message, and it seemed to linger there for a while, but the order went through smoothly after that.  Sold out in less than 2 1/2 minutes.

Stupid system charged me Cook County and Chicago Ridge tax on my order when I live nowhere near those places. Have any of you had to deal with that before? Will opening a service ticket just let them refund my overcharge?

Had a panic when during checkout it forced me to fill out all my shipping details manually.  Usually it's all filled out beforehand due to being logged in, but even when I selected my saved address from the drop down menu, the fields refused to auto-populate.

Is there something else I need to do to prevent this from happening in the future, or did I click something wrong?  Didn't matter today, but it took 2 minutes vs. 1 minute and that would have been the difference between success and failure for something like Ruiner for example.

(Also, will it screw up my order if I edit or delete my saved address?  I typoed a comma instead of a period in the version of the address I used today).

Last edited by a moderator:
Being pretty much done with Vita game buying (only buying games I absolutely must own physically) and Battle Chef Brigade looking like garbage to me (watched a few videos).... I decided to continually add too many copies of Rabi-Ribi on Vita over and over to my cart and watch the stock shrink.  It sold between 15 and 30 copies a refresh (not a page refresh, just pressing the add to cart button).  Just over 2 min of active time and it was gone.  Amazing to see demand like this.   The listing started with approximately 1500 copies.

Stupid system charged me Cook County and Chicago Ridge tax on my order when I live nowhere near those places. Have any of you had to deal with that before? Will opening a service ticket just let them refund my overcharge?
Loose Rattling Games stinks when it comes to government extortion % rates
Sadly many peeps have opened tickets for this bullshit

I had a similar problem with my order last Friday. I was charged Allegheny County sales tax despite not living anywhere near that in PA. I opened a ticket and after a little initial confusion was refunded the incorrect tax charge. However I was under the impression the "glitch" was fixed yet I was still overtaxed the same dumb county charge that I am not a part of for my order on Wednesday and today. Guess I will have to open another ticket to get those refunds. Kind of ridiculous that they can't get this fixed in their system. I mean, it is pretty clear what cities and zip codes should be charged the Allegheny County sales tax as the state of PA Dept of Revenue has it on their website, and my zip code is not even close to any of them (numerically or by distance). I am sure there is a similar list of Cook County and Chicago Ridge jurisdictions as well.

Over slept by a minute and ended up barely missing a vita copy of Rabi-Ribi.  Guess it's the evening sale for me.....now watch me blank and forget about that til it's too late as well :lol:.

I don't think you needed to skip class....but that's just my opinion haha. Anyway first batch for Vita is officially sold out.
Truthfully I didn't want to go anyway, this just ended up being my justification lol. Glad it seems most people got their order in, I'm waiting to see what else comes up for Battle Chef before preordering it. Although that CE looked super nice, and the steelbook looked amazing

I intentionally got the PS4 version of Rabi-Ribi, because the PS Vita version is not compatible with the PSTV. I understnad there's some rear-touch interaction, which would explain why it doesn't run on the PSTV. But stil, I like having the PSTV option. So it's PS4 for me instead.

Pre-ordered Battle-Chef for the Switch as well, but that's a pre-order, so no real urgency.

They said on Twitter that the Switch version was $15 over digital to justify Switch cart production cost, then they were asked about the PS4 version being more and didn't respond. There wasn't a big backlash or anything, so I think it might be a standard practice moving forward.
Between the higher prices, the shipping for an individual game, and now paying taxes, there's just not that much incentive for me to buy many things from LRG anymore. It has become $35-40 for an individual Indie type of game. It really has gotten much more expensive over time; that value proposition has decreased. I still buy the good stuff but boy am I glad that I don't try to collect on Switch.

Over slept by a minute and ended up barely missing a vita copy of Rabi-Ribi. Guess it's the evening sale for me.....now watch me blank and forget about that til it's too late as well :lol:.
Cell phone alarms are your friend, I never leave home without it. LOL

Hooray for not having to deal with tax issues on my order.  Went back to check after reading some of these posts.

I will also likely stop buying once vita is ended.  I only ever order some PS4/switch items to justify shipping.

I intentionally got the PS4 version of Rabi-Ribi, because the PS Vita version is not compatible with the PSTV. I understnad there's some rear-touch interaction, which would explain why it doesn't run on the PSTV. But stil, I like having the PSTV option. So it's PS4 for me instead.

Pre-ordered Battle-Chef for the Switch as well, but that's a pre-order, so no real urgency.
aw fuck, they asked them that in the twitch stream the other day and they kinda brushed it off as ya probably being ps tv compatable.

who the hell doesn't make their games pstv compatable at this stage. Sekai sucks. They didn't even add co op in.

who the hell doesn't make their games pstv compatable at this stage. Sekai sucks. They didn't even add co op in.
Well, if the original game takes advantage of some of the Vita's more esoteric hardware, it would make sense. I'm not trying to rip on the developer. Some control schemes just don't translate to the PSTV. Not when you have to take the PS3 controller into account. (the PSTV can pair with either a PS3 or PS4 controller, but it only ever shipped with a PS3 controller) Drastically changing up a game's control scheme for a platform that was even less popular and numerous than it's handheld forbearer doesn't make much sense. I can appreciate why they wouldn't care to go back and tweak that. But I can also get the PS4 version instead, and did. I'm a Vita fan, but I'm not a Vita completionist. And I'm not made of money, so I occasionally have to pick one or the other. This time I went PS4. For Siralim 2 last week, I went Vita. (and Siralim 2 IS PSTV compatible)

We're at a difficult time for Vita development and game releases. The writing is on the wall, the game production has a hard set date for closure, and some developers are scrambling for the last possible physical copies. But with everything winding down, it is highly unlikely that anyone is going to be doing extensive development to change existing titles. It doesn't make any business sense to sink extra resources into a platform that was never huge to begin with, and will only be getting more niche in the coming years. With no announcement of a successor handheld from Sony, it feels like the end of an era.

Between the higher prices, the shipping for an individual game, and now paying taxes, there's just not that much incentive for me to buy many things from LRG anymore. It has become $35-40 for an individual Indie type of game. It really has gotten much more expensive over time; that value proposition has decreased. I still buy the good stuff but boy am I glad that I don't try to collect on Switch.
I love the idea of supporting indie developers and producing physical media for companies that otherwise wouldn't be able to, which aligned with LRG's original vision. But at this point once the Vita releases are done I'm probably done as well. It seems like LRG is poised well with their recent partnerships and plethora of releases, so more power to them. For a lot of the reasons myself and others discuss on here, the collector and indie advocate in me has slowly been disincentivized to the point where most releases feel like sunk cost fallacy after the fact.

Anyway, this is the progress they've made in shipping for the week in case anyone's waiting on something and prefers this format. Updates in bold.

Shipping "Now"

• Cosmic Star Heroine (PS4/Vita)
  • Kingdoms: New Lands (PS4)
  • Bastion (PS4/Vita)
  • Thumper (PS4/Switch)
  • Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds (PS4/Vita)
  • Late Shift (PS4)
  • Gunhouse (PS4/Vita)
  • Salt and Sanctuary (PS4/Vita)
  • Magicka 2 (PS4)
  • Kingdom: New Lands Vinyl
  • Another World OST
  • Oxenfree (Switch)
Shipping November

• Golf Story (Switch) - RIP October batch
  • Kingdom: New Lands (Switch)
  • Senran Kagura: Bon Apetit (Vita)
  • Phantom Breaker CE (PS4/Vita)
  • Yooka Laylee (Switch)
  • GALF (NES)
  • Narcosis (PS4)
  • Furi (Switch)
Shipping Mid-November to Early December

• Another World (PS4/Vita)
  • Layers of Fear (PS4)
  • Dragon's Lair (PS4)
  • Defender's Quest (PS4/Vita)
  • 8 Bit Adventure Anthology (PS4)
Shipping December

• Layers of Fear (Switch)
  • Everspace (PS4)
Shipping January

• Broken Age (Switch)
  • Golf Story CE (Switch)
  • Mages of Mystralia (PS4)
  • Dragon Sinker (PS4/Vita)
Shipping in Late January

• Outlast: Bundle of Terror (Switch)
  • Outlast 2 (Switch)
  • Outlast 1/2 CE
  • Battle Chef Brigade (Switch)

Shipping Eventually (TBA/no date)

• West of Loathing (Switch)
  • Dust (Switch)
  • Golf Story Vinyl
  • Defender's Quest OST
  • PixelJunk Monsters 2 (PS4/Switch)
  • Siralam 2 (PS4/Vita)
  • Night Trap (Vita)
  • Double Switch (PS4)
  • To the Top (PSVR)
  • Battle Chef Brigade (PS4)
  • Rabi-Ribi (PS4/Switch)

Overall, almost no movement. CSH is finally shipping, though, which is exciting to me. Got my copy (and Antiqua Lost) yesterday. Oxenfree might be done shipping too, but their site hasn't reflected that yet.

Also, not sure if anyone noticed, but they added a BestBuy disclaimer to Battle Chef Brigade for the Switch. Looks likely that BB will have it in stock as well.

Also, not sure if anyone noticed, but they added a BestBuy disclaimer to Battle Chef Brigade for the Switch. Looks likely that BB will have it in stock as well.
I believe they said 5000 copies on twitter. I would imagine that this is less than golf story or yooka (don't remember the numbers if they did give them), and this is not the unannounced title that best buy will have in stock before they send it out to customers. I don't know how popular this one will be, but a preorder with GCU would be nice. Any BB title, I have a hard time ordering from LRG, knowing that I'll get the 20% off and free shipping.

There pos shopify system fucked up my order again, it did the same thing with Golf Story. It has the wrong information stored and I can't correct it on time to put my order in.

Had this been a year ago, my enthusiasm would've at least still been somewhat high.

I've come to the realization after I skipped out on Bon Apetit, that I'm all LRG'd out, which is a shame.

What would've been a title I was looking forward to previously, I didn't even make an effort today to even consider picking up Rabi Ribi, which is an odd feeling for me.

Also, doesn't help when I can't even remember what games I had ordered because they were put in so long ago, so when the package arrives, I'm less enthused about it since it's something I wasn't even looking forward to anymore.

It was a fun ride, but as far as picking titles up goes, I'm not going to pick up any more titles from here on out, which is a shame.

Glad they were able to bring what they could to this part of the community, and I will continue to support their efforts, but personally from a buying perspective, I'm just not there anymore.

Yeah I just don't feel like paying $5 shipping twenty times per year.   That's the cost two brand new release games, of which I only do maybe 3-5 times per year.  Especially when something could be done to combine my shipments that I'm not going to receive for four months.  There are other places to shop, and there's discounts.  When the 'complete collection' thing morphed into becoming something completely unrealistic and unachievable then that changed everything.  LRG was founded on one thing and then it became another thing.  That's fine.  50% of it is timed editions now.  There are CEs for everything.  Every month that goes by I find it easier to skip on titles.  In fact, when you buy less frequently that makes it all the more rewarding when you receive something in the mail.  You also have to kinda tune them out of your head in order to deal with the long shipping waits; it's easier to not even think about it. 

I would have bought Rabi-Ribi today but I didn't feel like paying $40+ for one (indie production length/quality) game.  Shit, I just bought Red Dead Redemption 2 today for $39 after tax from Gamestop.  The decisions are easy; they practically make themselves. 

It's just not the same.

LRG used CAG to help them grow and now they've blossomed into something else different and they haven't needed us for quite awhile.  They've evolved.  There's no closeness or mom&pop shop feeling anymore.  So I feel less compelled to buy from them.  They are just like any other publisher now and they have to do a good job to get my money. 

Had this been a year ago, my enthusiasm would've at least still been somewhat high.

I've come to the realization after I skipped out on Bon Apetit, that I'm all LRG'd out, which is a shame.

What would've been a title I was looking forward to previously, I didn't even make an effort today to even consider picking up Rabi Ribi, which is an odd feeling for me.

Also, doesn't help when I can't even remember what games I had ordered because they were put in so long ago, so when the package arrives, I'm less enthused about it since it's something I wasn't even looking forward to anymore.

It was a fun ride, but as far as picking titles up goes, I'm not going to pick up any more titles from here on out, which is a shame.

Glad they were able to bring what they could to this part of the community, and I will continue to support their efforts, but personally from a buying perspective, I'm just not there anymore.
Holy cow; where have you been?!

Yeah I just don't feel like paying $5 shipping twenty times per year. That's the cost two brand new release games, of which I only do maybe 3-5 times per year. Especially when something could be done to combine my shipments that I'm not going to receive for four months. There are other places to shop, and there's discounts. When the 'complete collection' thing morphed into becoming something completely unrealistic and unachievable then that changed everything. LRG was founded on one thing and then it became another thing. That's fine. 50% of it is timed editions now. There are CEs for everything. Every month that goes by I find it easier to skip on titles. In fact, when you buy less frequently that makes it all the more rewarding when you receive something in the mail. You also have to kinda tune them out of your head in order to deal with the long shipping waits; it's easier to not even think about it.

I would have bought Rabi-Ribi today but I didn't feel like paying $40+ for one (indie production length/quality) game. Shit, I just bought Red Dead Redemption 2 today for $39 after tax from Gamestop. The decisions are easy; they practically make themselves.

It's just not the same.

LRG used CAG to help them grow and now they've blossomed into something else different and they haven't needed us for quite awhile. They've evolved. There's no closeness or mom&pop shop feeling anymore. So I feel less compelled to buy from them. They are just like any other publisher now and they have to do a good job to get my money.
You make a good point on shipping. Why can't LRG just HOLD all orders by request for a buyer of multiple orders and then have it all shipped at once maybe. Many stores do this. It works great like crate of loot from BigBadToyStore.

LRG is a bit expensive for sure. I almost bought Double Take with Rabi-Rabi but I felt that was more some deep PSN sale type game instead of a full priced one for me. I've been waiting for Rabi-Rabi a long while, and well I'm pretty much done with the games I want from LRG. I may get the Koihime fighting game for PS4, and possibly the House in Fata Morgana (more to support VNs), but that's about it and I'm fine.

I'm also thinking of selling some games I got that just likely wont get played. I'm opening my games I will play for sure. Also doesn't help that many of the games are just somewhat holding value, plus games are meant to be played.

I do thank LRG for providing physical copies of some great games, but yeah I'm close to bowing out.

Over slept by a minute and ended up barely missing a vita copy of Rabi-Ribi. Guess it's the evening sale for me.....now watch me blank and forget about that til it's too late as well :lol:.
Friday, 11/9/18, 7:47pm during a game of Monster Hunter World

hqdefault.jpg

Guess it's the wait list for me.

I missed out on both PS4 Rabi-Ribi sales.  Couple that with Battle Chef being $35 now, and... I think I'm ok with not getting anything this week.  I was mad at first, but then I realized I don't honestly care that much about either game. 

Did I finally turn a page like many of you?

I missed out on both PS4 Rabi-Ribi sales. Couple that with Battle Chef being $35 now, and... I think I'm ok with not getting anything this week. I was mad at first, but then I realized I don't honestly care that much about either game.

I stopped caring a long time ago. I only buy games if I want to play them now. It's not like I even have time to play all the AAA games out there right now. As for indie games like this, only care again if it's one I want to play. Approaching it that way, I'm amazed how few games published by LR and others like them I actually want.

Only one I'm super interested in right now is Koihime Enbu.

Skybound Games announced they are no longer publishing a physical copy of Hollow Knight...please swoop in to bring this one to physical LRG

I went ahead and bought the EUR Rabi-Ribi for $12. That's good enough for me. I'm interested in Battle Chef, but I played through it with a free trial of Twitch Prime and, while I thought the game was great, I doubt I'd play through it again. There was a time when I would have picked up a copy just to have a game I enjoyed on my shelf, but nowadays I just can't justify the cost.

LRG keeps touting they have a game everyone expects to come from another publisher, wouldn't surprise me a bit if it's Hollow Knight at this point.

There isn't. The last several weeks of PS releases have just had placeholder text saying they won't ship immediately. We're at least into February with their shipping/release backlog, though.
"At least" is correct. Hell, I am still waiting on 20+ titles dating back close to half a year ago. Since then LRG has been putting up numerous more games for sale/pre-order, with apparent plans for many others. Seems to me like if you are that buried in orders to fulfill that you would concentrate on fulfilling existing orders rather than dig a deeper hole. I know, I know -- I'll eventually get my shit. Would be nice if I could get it in more of a steady stream like it used to be, rather than go for long stretches without receiving anything, while orders continue to pile up week after week. Hopefully they don't lose sight of something called taking care of your customers. It's all well and good that they are growing, but losing sight of your customers in the process may not be a good thing for them.

"At least" is correct. Hell, I am still waiting on 20+ titles dating back close to half a year ago. Since then LRG has been putting up numerous more games for sale/pre-order, with apparent plans for many others. Seems to me like if you are that buried in orders to fulfill that you would concentrate on fulfilling existing orders rather than dig a deeper hole. I know, I know -- I'll eventually get my shit. Would be nice if I could get it in more of a steady stream like it used to be, rather than go for long stretches without receiving anything, while orders continue to pile up week after week. Hopefully they don't lose sight of something called taking care of your customers. It's all well and good that they are growing, but losing sight of your customers in the process may not be a good thing for them.
I remember in 2017 I got multiple games within a week of purchasing them. That was truly peak LRG. it seems like a pipedream with their recent schedule (or lack thereof).

I missed out on both PS4 Rabi-Ribi sales. Couple that with Battle Chef being $35 now, and... I think I'm ok with not getting anything this week. I was mad at first, but then I realized I don't honestly care that much about either game.

I was the same way. I had decided to get Rabi-Rabi, but forgot about it in the morning. I did set an alarm to remind me again for the evening lot, but I was out at the time and tried ordering it on my phone. This seems like the first game in a while (that I kept an eye on, at least) that had an old-school LRG instant sell-out. I had thought those were a thing of the past. While I can whip through checkout on my PC, it was gone by the time I could get things working on my phone... or something else was wrong. I thought using Amazon checkout would be quicker than manually adding my credit card, but it would never place the order. I'm assuming it was just sold out and Amazon checkout couldn't tell me. There was no heartbreak when I failed to get it. It was more like "eh... probably for the best and if I still want it some day I can probably get it on Ebay for cheaper anyway."

While LRG definitely seems to have overextended themselves a bit, my experience with their customer support has been very positive. My lack of enthusiasm for many releases has nothing to do with LRG and more to do with an over-saturation of the physical indie-game market. I have amassed so many and have opened almost none of them.

But, yeah, I have a bunch of outstanding LRG orders and I could not even tell anyone what they all are off the top of my head. I saw a list of status updates not too long ago and many of those titles had escaped my memory.

The PS4 version of Battle Chef Brigade still at 78% is kind of hard to look at right now.  That one will likely last longer than Layers of Fear.  It makes you wonder, with how slowly some of the PS4 releases are selling, whether they will be cutting down on releasing the PS4 version of a game when also releasing a Switch version, possibly making them an ultra small print run, or not even bothering to release them at all.

You know I’ve been a big fan of LRG for awhile now and defended them the best that I could but after reading some of these comments got to admit it really opened my eyes as everyone is right. It used to be so exhilarating to see the games that LRG was putting out and ordering them and getting them within a couple weeks and now it’s almost a joke how long you have to wait. Hell they had some Golf Story ready to ship and still haven’t done it. I agree with everyone that ordering games just to forget you even ordered them is pretty sad. Also doesn’t help that games like S&S, CSH, and Rabi Ribi has been in the works for years but now that they are finally available kind of deflates the excitement IMO. I guess I should have realized it when I finally got CSH that I wasn’t excited as I’ve been in the past. I too am more then likely done (with maybe a REALLY good Vita release) with LRG as I’m just tried of the “you will eventually get your shit” because it was funny at first now it’s just irritating.

My SMRPG and CSH CE's are finally coming on Wednesday. Every game is at least 3-6 months out. Haven't heard anything about The Late Shift. 

For the people who finally stopped buying all the games. For me it was when games like Neurovoider, Drive Drive Drive were coming. Once I stopped with one game it's been slim pickings ever since. Sold off most of my Vita LRG collection only keeping some exclusives and a few others. I'm also looking to cut down my PS4 one as well. Only problem with so many releases is they saturated their own market and most of the lesser games don't even go for cost.

Ironically sold an extra copy of Strictly Limited's release of Gryphon Knight Epic for $300. No LRG game goes for that. 

Honestly, I think I'm only going to pursue Iconoclasts and ICEY. These are the only games I can see myself buying, and ICEY is purely to support the Devs. I'll probably get the Wii U title as well, but I'm not seeing much else to purchase from them at the current rate things are going

Finally got my CSH, and I must say, the game is pretty rewarding to hold in my hands because it's so heavy.

I wish I got this fuzzy feeling picking up other Vita games.

anime-happy-tears-gif-2.gif

bread's done
Back