Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
What do they mean when they talk about combined orders? Is that ordering 2 different games at the same time?
It's when you make two separate orders in one day and ask to combine them into one shipping package (to save on shipment costs). It's a manual process on their end and supposedly slows the entire warehouse + customer service teams down to accommodate.

That video was from 2017. Have anything more recent?
The goal of the company changed that much in between now and then? Cmon man. I gave you facts, dont downplay it now.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread but it's probably hidden by all of Jiles' troll posts. Someone on one of the Facbook groups I am part of got one and it contained one not very in demand game, some stickers, a hat, several trading cards and a couple other small things. Personally, I think just getting a Vita or Switch game is a better use of the digital points.
SALT.

Tried to redeem my points for a switch case this morning since I wont hit 1000 by the end of the program. Didn't realize LRG was going to charge me shipping on my free reward item... sigh. Guess I'll have to bundle it in with my next purchase, which will be a pain if it's time sensitive.

Last edited by a moderator:
The goal of the company changed that much in between now and then? Cmon man. I gave you facts, dont downplay it now.

SALT.
Their goal has been to release as many digital games physically as possible from the start. New competitors have entered the market and they have added new platforms like PS3, Switch and PC. So, yes, in two years, what they consider to be the optimal number of releases per month has in fact changed and they have stated that on numerous occasions.

Tried to redeem my points for a switch case this morning since I wont hit 1000 by the end of the program. Didn't realize LRG was going to charge me shipping on my free reward item... sigh. Guess I'll have to bundle it in with my next purchase, which will be a pain if it's time sensitive.
End of the problem? Are the rewards tickets thing expiring?

End of the problem? Are the rewards tickets thing expiring?
LRG is ending the digital rewards (not the tickets, although they are also not giving tickets anymore either but that's a separate matter). Last day to earn is March 8, last day to redeem is end of March.

I'm assuming you get a voucher code, i.e. a coupon, right? Do you know if the coupon has an expiration date (i.e. not the redemption for the coupon, but the coupon itself)?

How about the money lost in sales when higher volume customers get tired of those shipping practices and buy fewer or no items?
I wonder how many people will actually do that. I know I have cut my purchases drastically over the last year. When I actually get the games I ordered last November and earlier I will consider ordering again. For some titles if I just wait, I can buy sealed copies on ebay for less than LRG originally sold them for too!

LRG is ending the digital rewards (not the tickets, although they are also not giving tickets anymore either but that's a separate matter). Last day to earn is March 8, last day to redeem is end of March.
Oh.. I see. I didn't even know they had a digital rewards system. Or that they're not giving out tickets anymore.

Oh.. I see. I didn't even know they had a digital rewards system. Or that they're not giving out tickets anymore.
Yeah, the digital rewards was supposed to simplify and take over for the physical tickets. Of course, the system put in place was ill equipped to handle LRG traffic, so that is being scrapped before even getting started. The physical tickets will be given out for orders up thru November 2018, and anything ordered after, will be sent with nothing.

I'm assuming you get a voucher code, i.e. a coupon, right? Do you know if the coupon has an expiration date (i.e. not the redemption for the coupon, but the coupon itself)?
Yeah it's just a code to apply to the item in your cart. Didn't say anything about an expiration but I'm gonna be pretty annoyed if it doesn't last a least a week until Friday so I can potentially bundle it with a game. I really thought they'd just send the damn case for free, kind of like Club Nintendo used to do with its physical rewards... didn't realize I'd be footing the bill for the shipping. Shoulda known better.

Their goal has been to release as many digital games physically as possible from the start. New competitors have entered the market and they have added new platforms like PS3, Switch and PC. So, yes, in two years, what they consider to be the optimal number of releases per month has in fact changed and they have stated that on numerous occasions.
In the video they said that. They want to release as many as possible but the sweet spot is around 3-4 per month. It looks like the amount they put out now is too much. Look at some of their more recent release such as KOF for ps4 (including the CE), that was up unti this friday. I dont know if it sold out or they just took it off but it didnt sell out. Neither did the spelunky CE nor Tacoma. A year ago when they were releasing less titles every week all their titles were selling out. Thats no coincidence. Saturation can lead to burnout. I think Ive said enough on this though so Im going to leave it alone.

Yeah it's just a code to apply to the item in your cart. Didn't say anything about an expiration but I'm gonna be pretty annoyed if it doesn't last a least a week until Friday so I can potentially bundle it with a game. I really thought they'd just send the damn case for free, kind of like Club Nintendo used to do with its physical rewards... didn't realize I'd be footing the bill for the shipping. Shoulda known better.
I believe most companies will make you pay shipping. Disney Rewards would be another example aside from LRG.

On a side note, I tried to redeem my points and use the code during the last sale, and it wouldn't let me check out because the item indicated it was "out of stock". It was available again shortly thereafter, and I used the code to check out separately, but I'm not sure whether it was a glitch, temporarily sold out due to high demand, or whether they made it impossible to bundle with other items. Maybe someone else can provide some insight into their experience, and whether they were able to bundle with other items?

Yeah it's just a code to apply to the item in your cart. Didn't say anything about an expiration but I'm gonna be pretty annoyed if it doesn't last a least a week until Friday so I can potentially bundle it with a game. I really thought they'd just send the damn case for free, kind of like Club Nintendo used to do with its physical rewards... didn't realize I'd be footing the bill for the shipping. Shoulda known better.Un
Under the old ticket redemption system, I didn't have to pay additional shipping to auto-append my free game to my next future order (one of the alternate options was to get it by itself, which WOULD have cost shipping). However, that process involved a whole lot of back and forth with a customer service rep to manually refund the shipping cost for a special "phantom" item they had me order from the site to denote the free game on my account.

Presumably with the automated process for the digital rewards, this manual intervention is not possible/feasible so you have to "service yourself" with the multiple item bundle shipping discount.

In the video they said that. They want to release as many as possible but the sweet spot is around 3-4 per month. It looks like the amount they put out now is too much. Look at some of their more recent release such as KOF for ps4 (including the CE), that was up unti this friday. I dont know if it sold out or they just took it off but it didnt sell out. Neither did the spelunky CE nor Tacoma. A year ago when they were releasing less titles every week all their titles were selling out. Thats no coincidence. Saturation can lead to burnout. I think Ive said enough on this though so Im going to leave it alone.
Lol it's cool, you're just expressing your opinion and you're not being a dick about it, so there's no worries. A lot of people agree with you. I just wanted to point out that they really weren't releasing fewer games at this point last year than they are now. The Switch games have taken off for them, but that's the only difference. At this point, they've long since burned out anyone who couldn't/didn't want to keep up with ALL of their releases. Even most of us around here only buy what we want from them. Yet they continue to grow. They've managed to reach a much broader audience than just hyper-intense collectors. Beyond the inevitable end of Vita games, they're probably not going to slow down any time soon. Having many diverse releases gives them a better chance of serving their wider audience, which is fine. Better in the long run to sell a few games apiece to 50,000 people than to rely on the same 3000 people to buy every single release, right? Anyway, that's why I don't put too much stock in the idea of burnout.

Yeah, the digital rewards was supposed to simplify and take over for the physical tickets. Of course, the system put in place was ill equipped to handle LRG traffic, so that is being scrapped before even getting started. The physical tickets will be given out for orders up thru November 2018, and anything ordered after, will be sent with nothing.
ah that explains why i didnt get any physical ticket with an order i just got this week. I had thought they just forgot to put in a ticket with my game

just a heads up this was posted on @LimitedRunDoug twitter 

So March 22nd is going to be a break week. We are thinking March 8th will be too but not 100% sure. I just wanted anyone following me to know. We realize we put out a lot of great quality games but people are going broke trying to get them all!

Good grief. The digital rewards just started two months ago.

just a heads up this was posted on @LimitedRunDoug twitter [font='Segoe UI', Arial, sans-serif] [/font]

[font='Segoe UI', Arial, sans-serif]So March 22nd is going to be a break week. We are thinking March 8th will be too but not 100% sure. I just wanted anyone following me to know. We realize we put out a lot of great quality games but people are going broke trying to get them all![/font]
Yeah, then the following weeks will probably be 3-4 releases each week for the next year.

I do wish they would announce these a little further out so some of us can plan for them. This announcement the week of is annoying.

I do wish they would announce these a little further out so some of us can plan for them. This announcement the week of is annoying.
They can't give people time to really decide or they'll opt not to show up (or forget to). It's all part of the scarcity and urgency tactics used in high pressure sales.

Finally received Dust and West of Loathing after resisting buying each digitally and of course they are both damaged thanks to the shipping box getting chewed up by USPS.   I created a support ticket but how's Limited Run's support for stuff like this?    

Finally received Dust and West of Loathing after resisting buying each digitally and of course they are both damaged thanks to the shipping box getting chewed up by USPS. I created a support ticket but how's Limited Run's support for stuff like this?
I recently had to return a game that was messed up clearly during the packaging process, as the mailer was fine. Got some hullaballoo about how they were doing me a favor to pay for return shipping and would accommodate me this one time yadda yadda. Yeah, I would hope they would pay for return shipping when it was clearly their fault and they already charge a premium for slow as molasses shipping. Sent the item back immediately, and got my game about a month later. Eventually got my sh!$ though.

I recently had to return a game that was messed up clearly during the packaging process, as the mailer was fine. Got some hullaballoo about how they were doing me a favor to pay for return shipping and would accommodate me this one time yadda yadda. Yeah, I would hope they would pay for return shipping when it was clearly their fault and they already charge a premium for slow as molasses shipping. Sent the item back immediately, and got my game about a month later. Eventually got my sh!$ though.
Lovely.... I love spending my time arguing with customer service agents just to get what I paid for. If they want to go back and forth with me about return shipping so be it but my patience is running thin with this kind of stuff and it might not be a real polite conversation. I'm not sure why this is so difficult for companies. If an item is received by a customer and is damaged whether its by USPS, poorly packaged, or damaged prior to shipment, return shipping should always be provided. The customer is already dealing with the inconvenience of a further delay of receiving the product they paid in full for (in this case months prior) and they try to add a premium cost to that....it's like cool, you won the damaged product lottery, you have been randomly chosen to pay an additional fee to receive what you paid for. It's good that you at least you got it straightened out. I guess it'll be another month before I finally get to try West of Loathing.

If they're winding down the first and second rewards programs, I guess I'd better cash out my tickets from the first. So I finally counted them. I have... 146. So that should get me three games and a soundtrack blind box.

Lol it's cool, you're just expressing your opinion and you're not being a dick about it, so there's no worries. A lot of people agree with you. I just wanted to point out that they really weren't releasing fewer games at this point last year than they are now. The Switch games have taken off for them, but that's the only difference. At this point, they've long since burned out anyone who couldn't/didn't want to keep up with ALL of their releases. Even most of us around here only buy what we want from them. Yet they continue to grow. They've managed to reach a much broader audience than just hyper-intense collectors. Beyond the inevitable end of Vita games, they're probably not going to slow down any time soon. Having many diverse releases gives them a better chance of serving their wider audience, which is fine. Better in the long run to sell a few games apiece to 50,000 people than to rely on the same 3000 people to buy every single release, right? Anyway, that's why I don't put too much stock in the idea of burnout.
Thanks I appreciate that. On a positive note I finally got the Pixeljunk 2 CE. I like the design for the outer box a lot more than their previous CEs.

My pixeljunk 2 CE had a tracking on 2/20 and still hasn't moved...
I still have 4 orders that I got tracking for and shipping emails on 2/20 that haven't moved. I even asked customer service about them and they responded back that it was normal for them to actually be sent well after they have been packaged and the label created.

Doesn't seem normal to me...guess I will give them some more time though. I can understand a few days delayed after packaging, but over two weeks and counting just to mail the damn boxes? Come on.

Well credit to limited run. My copy of Cosmic Star heroine for the vita was lost not once but twice in the mail, and they shipped me a third copy which I finally received today. That’s really good customer service so have to give them props.

I understand they’ve started shipping Shantae? Meanwhile, I’m still waiting on shipping confirmation for Outlast and a combined order of West of Losthing and Dust. Unbelievable they won’t complete shipments of some games before starting shipping the next game.

Well, my last CS issue was when my CSH books arrived damaged, and I contacted them on Feb 6 and got a reply 2 days later on the 8th. At that time I was told "sorry", and that I didn't need to return the damages, and was given a new tracking number and told the books would ship within 1-2 weeks.

On the 20th was when I finally got the official notice that I had a package coming, and I didn't get any tracking info until 2 days ago on the 4th of March. So all in all, it took pretty much a month for my replacement items to ship after being told they would within 1-2 weeks. So about 2 weeks to get the official ship notice, and then another 2 weeks to get tracking updates.

Now to see if these books arrive damaged or not, as I have very little faith packaging will be corrected properly, as it should have been fixed before hand. Dealing with CS anyplace is rarely if ever a pleasure on any level, and LRG is OK at it, but nowhere near great.

LRG customer service has always been pleasant and friendly every time I have dealt with them, so I have no issues with them.  My main problem is the LRG shipping Dept.  Of course part of this is brought on by LRG's insane release schedule to begin with.  Slow the releases down to let your shipping Dept get caught up!

Generally, how long does it take, after shipping is complete, for LRG to start contacting people on the waitlist? I see Rabi-Ribi isn't even done yet so I probably need to hold out for a while yet.

Generally, how long does it take, after shipping is complete, for LRG to start contacting people on the waitlist? I see Rabi-Ribi isn't even done yet so I probably need to hold out for a while yet.
Depends on the game. They went through the waitlist on Jak without even shipping out the games and if the reserve is really small, they won't even go to the waitlist and will instead sell the extras in the annual clearances.

I had this game on my Steam wish list but forgot about it. Honestly it looks like a bundle type game. Not too amazing but not bad either. I'll likely pass on the PSN and for sure the physical copy.

I am unreasonably excited for this, not just because the game itself is awesome, but also because I'd love to see other physical versions of Inti stuff. Well played, LRG.

I was not expecting Curse of the Moon to get a physical release. I’m super stoked and can not wait to buy a Switch copy.

Also, I was looking through the comments and LRG confirmed that Bestbuy will be getting copies as well.

aaa044ba5ee06e106954d7cf24f4f878.jpg

The collectors edition looks amazing!

bread's done
Back