Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed that the Production Updates and Shipping Room pages are pretty much meaningless?

The Shipping Room page can go a week or more without changing, the Production Updates page says "shipping in process" or "shipping has begun" for weeks on end for the same titles. Some games will say "shipping starts on some particular date" then that date comes and goes and nothing ships.

My theory is the pages give the support department links to reply to all the helpdesk tickets in an attempt to pacify all of us suckers, er I mean customers.

Really incredible how abysmally bad the shipping has gotten - instead of getting better with time, it just gets worse.

tldr version: Dear Limited Run, please stop selling games before you have them in hand (other than open preorders).
I like how they updated the production updates page on Monday and it still says Outlast for Switch shipping to be completed by March 7.

Their philosophy seems to be in all recent actions to piss off their customers and not give an eff. I know I’ve significantly slowed the business I give them because of it and I can’t be the only one.

Has anyone else noticed that the Production Updates and Shipping Room pages are pretty much meaningless?

The Shipping Room page can go a week or more without changing, the Production Updates page says "shipping in process" or "shipping has begun" for weeks on end for the same titles. Some games will say "shipping starts on some particular date" then that date comes and goes and nothing ships.

My theory is the pages give the support department links to reply to all the helpdesk tickets in an attempt to pacify all of us suckers, er I mean customers.

Really incredible how abysmally bad the shipping has gotten - instead of getting better with time, it just gets worse.

tldr version: Dear Limited Run, please stop selling games before you have them in hand (other than open preorders).
"You'll get your shit eventually"

I have 34 physical rewards tickets from LRG. Can I get anything good with that? I need 40 tickets to qualify for a game correct? Can I use the 34 tickets towards a game purchase then just pay the difference?

Side note, Castevania crisis averted. I played a bunch of CV games this weekend. Portrait of Ruin (DS), Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate (3DS), and some Castlevania 3 (3DS port)... and enjoyed them all. PoR isn't even one of my favorites which is why I thought it would be a good barometer. Lords of Shadow MoF... the fairly well disliked game in the franchise, I had a good time playing it. in many ways it's quite a beautiful game. So I still love CV... just couldn't find much to enjoy in Bloodstaind CotM. I gave it one more try and beyond the level layouts and boring enemies... the music isn't up to par. The way the story is presented is also a step (or more) below the NES games. The scrolling text is janky. I get people are starving for new 2D CV type stuff... but this just doesn't do it for me. I'm thinking of cancelling my Bloodstained RotN preorder and just waiting for it to get reviews and then eventually get a price reduction if it turns out good. Glad to get my hype in check.
Glad to hear the good news on the Castlevania front, and Mirror of Fate is totally underrated. Sounds like you have the same problem with Bloodstained that I have with the Shantae series: it's not that it's necessarily bad, just that I'd rather play pretty much any other game it's inspired by. Happens to all of us. Or maybe I just don't have enough appreciation for cartoon boobies...

Anyhow, the CV side quest was entertaining (I fired up a few of them over the past week, too). Thanks for the update.

I have 34 physical rewards tickets from LRG. Can I get anything good with that? I need 40 tickets to qualify for a game correct? Can I use the 34 tickets towards a game purchase then just pay the difference?
The order form is here: http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/LRG-LoyaltyOrderForm.pdf

You can get some okay stuff, but nothing great. You do need 40 to qualify for a game (or $25 off a game, more accurately) and you can't pay the difference if you have fewer than 40. There are still a few games with tickets that haven't shipped I believe, so you may still get to 40 if you've got pending orders.

Heads up, Golf Story has been fixed. It’s now recognized as the correct region and YES you can get gold coins for it. Also the 1.0.1 update now will download so we aren’t stuck with the broken ass version they lazily put on the cart. Sucks the game isn’t properly preserved but at least we can play it without as many game breaking bugs.

Anyhow, the CV side quest was entertaining (I fired up a few of them over the past week, too). Thanks for the update.
Glad to share it with other CV fans. I put more time in with Mirrors of Fate since that post and am fully enjoying it. The 3D is pretty well done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised to see mega bundle go first. Also that the Hole New World NES cart stuck around as long as it has (after what happened with Galf).

The checkout line took a couple minutes instead of seconds like usual but I got the classic edition for Vita no problem

I knew with the polarity of this title, and the low Vita qty's, it was gonna be beyond busy and another bloodbath(no pun intended). LOL

Lot of traffic today due to Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon.  Site was chugging like crazy, with the reappearance of the queue as well.  Had to abandon plans to redeem one of the rewards coupons because it was a race against time to checkout.

Okay how is anyone supposed to get these releases? Once again I refreshed, added the LE to my cart and went to check out with my saved information. As I click complete order it tells me it's sold out...wtf? The clock hadn't even turned 10:01 yet and the game is deleted out of my cart and sold out? There has got to be a better way.

I couldn't even get past the initial checkout, where it queued me in line for minutes and finally told me it was sold out.

Okay how is anyone supposed to get these releases? Once again I refreshed, added the LE to my cart and went to check out with my saved information. As I click complete order it tells me it's sold out...wtf? The clock hadn't even turned 10:01 yet and the game is deleted out of my cart and sold out? There has got to be a better way.
They lasted closer to around 10:04ish for me. Did you make it to the checkout line? I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the browsers people use because I've yet to miss something I wanted no matter how limited or fast it goes

It's only going to get worse for Vita titles at this point, as the collectors market for all things Vita is getting pretty rabid at this point.

Had the chance to nab the CE for PS4, but backed out last minute. Just can't drop $55 for a game I already own digitally on my Switch. Love Castlevania, but can't say I loved Curse of the Moon the same way, it's good for sure, but I'd rather play just about any of the 2D Castlevania games. 

I didn't get a copy of Bloodstained for the Vita. I probably could have if I hadn't thrown a copy of A Hole New World and the Escapists in my cart. But I like to combine shipping for these. Insuring that you games get shipped in a box together is one of the best ways to avoid damage. So I missed out on the Vita version. Oh well. Just tossed the Switch version in my cart instead. It's nice having options.

With the widely publicized demise of the Vita, Vita collectors are getting more rabid than ever. And 2000 is a low print run, even for LRG. Curse of the Moon was always going to be a bloodbath. (appropriate I suppose, given its title)

The balls dropped as I refreshed the Vita Classic edition and it was showed as sold out immediately after the countdown. Luckily after adding everything else to the cart and coming back and refreshing again it ended up being available.

I did notice the NES game was available a few seconds before 10.

You'll notice that they seem to do it manually. One after another they'll become available to add to cart.

They lasted closer to around 10:04ish for me. Did you make it to the checkout line? I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the browsers people use because I've yet to miss something I wanted no matter how limited or fast it goes
This was my experience as well. I was expecting much worse honestly. I was stuck in the queue for maybe 10 seconds, but I got the Classic Edition Vita version.

I had to wait in line until almost 10:02 and when I finally did check out after that I was able to snag a Switch and Vita CE of Bloodstained (probably around 10:03). Seems odd that you would get a sold out message before 10:01.

Maybe I'm just old school LRG with a lot of practice or something but I had no issues. Log in a couple minutes beforehand and refresh over and over. Are people making sure they're logged into PayPal beforehand too?

I input my credit card info and hit complete order and got a sold out message so I have no idea. I must have terrible luck or a bad browser or something because I've missed several of the big releases lately despite rabidly refreshing waiting until 10. If I have under 30 seconds to complete orders I honestly don't know if it's worth it at this point. I guess I'll try again at 6 and if not just go with a regular copy. Just the world's way of telling me not to drop 60 bucks on a $10 digital game haha.

Got my standard copy of Bloodstained this morning for Vita with no issues.
I'm excited to see how they update the trophies for the physical release.
I hope they add a platinum since they did the same for Race the Sun.

I hear those "many" WiiU owners cheering happily right now for this. They are just gunning down shots and everything.

The LRG vs Badlands story is here if anyone is interested: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-03-15-the-high-cost-of-a-wii-u-retail-release

They say they are in the hole for a total of 120K on the release since they had to pay for production a second time... but there are 6000 copies ... which unless my math is wrong here... that means they need to sell each copy for $20 to break even.  It's odd they ballyhoo that they won't break even when the numbers say that's clearly a lie as they should be rolling in money with this release even with the losses.   Looking at that CE... it's likely $60 or more... at $60 they'll clear $360,000 and minus the $120,000 loss between badland and the second production... they'll make $240,000.  Even if they just sell it for $30 (yeah right)... that's the debt wiped and $60,000 profit.

Please forgive me, for I have sinned...

I wasn't familiar with A Hole New World so I went ahead and bought the digital version for $2.49 to try it out.

I didn't mean it!

The LRG vs Badlands story is here if anyone is interested: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-03-15-the-high-cost-of-a-wii-u-retail-release

They say they are in the hole for a total of 120K on the release since they had to pay for production a second time... but there are 6000 copies ... which unless my math is wrong here... that means they need to sell each copy for $20 to break even. It's odd they ballyhoo that they won't break even when the numbers say that's clearly a lie as they should be rolling in money with this release even with the losses. Looking at that CE... it's likely $60 or more... at $60 they'll clear $360,000 and minus the $120,000 loss between badland and the second production... they'll make $240,000. Even if they just sell it for $30 (yeah right)... that's the debt wiped and $60,000 profit.
They dont get 100% of the money as the developer is part of this too. We dont know the split or other costs and have no reason to be upset by any of this. I swear you people are deliberately trying to be outraged by LRG

They say they are in the hole for a total of 120K on the release since they had to pay for production a second time... but there are 6000 copies ... which unless my math is wrong here... that means they need to sell each copy for $20 to break even. It's odd they ballyhoo that they won't break even when the numbers say that's clearly a lie as they should be rolling in money with this release even with the losses. Looking at that CE... it's likely $60 or more... at $60 they'll clear $360,000 and minus the $120,000 loss between badland and the second production... they'll make $240,000. Even if they just sell it for $30 (yeah right)... that's the debt wiped and $60,000 profit.
Came here to post the same article.

They expected to pay $78K for 6,000 copies, so that was originally $13 per unit. If it's now $120,000 for 6,000 copies, that's $20 per unit. That doesn't count overhead (office, staff, Shopify fees, web hosting, etc.), so they might still be in the hole.

If LRG charges $60+, they would probably have a hard time selling 6,000 units. The Wii U base is small compared to PS4 (but on par with Vita), and there are only so many Wii U collectors who are willing to pay a premium and probably double-dip.

Came here to post the same article.

They expected to pay $78K for 6,000 copies, so that was originally $13 per unit. If it's now $120,000 for 6,000 copies, that's $20 per unit. That doesn't count overhead (office, staff, Shopify fees, web hosting, etc.), so they might still be in the hole.

If LRG charges $60+, they would probably have a hard time selling 6,000 units. The Wii U base is small compared to PS4 (but on par with Vita), and there are only so many Wii U collectors who are willing to pay a premium and probably double-dip.
Not to mention the region lock which is going to kill sales outside of North America.

Yeah, I don't see the sell through for this title at all, unless it's greatly discounted at some point, as the market is just not there. It's great they still decided to bring it to the table, but sometimes you just have to take the loss and move on.

Not to mention the region lock which is going to kill sales outside of North America.
Yeah, this is a very real problem as well, which is also going to greatly reduce potential sells, no doubt. Unless of course they had the option to make the disc region free, but I don't know if that's possible for the Wii U.

They dont get 100% of the money as the developer is part of this too. We dont know the split and have no reason to be upset by any of this. I swear you people are deliberately trying to be outraged by LRG
This is all speculation on my part, but I'll explain myself.

In the past, LRG has made it clear that they offer the devs they work with the same profit margins as the digital versions of their games. Axiom Verge goes for $20 on Steam, which means after Valve's 30% cut that each copy sold actually nets Tom Happ (and whomever else) $14. Shopify charges a % plus a flat rate per transaction and PayPal (or whatever CC company) charges another %, which together probably amounts to another 4-5% of sales.

None of these numbers are official of course. LRG may have different deals with any of these parties, but it makes for an easy place to start a conversation. Along with the $120,000 figure from the article, they probably have to sell these at ~$40 just to break even. And that's assuming they sell all 6000 copies.

So yeah, I don't blame them for being a little ornery with BadLand!

They dont get 100% of the money as the developer is part of this too. We dont know the split or other costs and have no reason to be upset by any of this. I swear you people are deliberately trying to be outraged by LRG
They made the deal second deal directly with Thomas Happ for what the monetary split would be. If the deal was so bad that they were going to lose money on it, why would they forge a new contract with the developer and throw money away? It makes no sense that they are losing money on this deal regardless of their desire to preserve this game in physical form.

Additionally Badlands has expressed they want to pay the money back to LRG and has tried for a while to make that happen but LRG won't agree to take payments on the debt while they get their company back on it's feet. If LRG will talk to Badlands and get a payment schedule going then they could get that money back.

Yeah, I don't see the sell through for this title at all, unless it's greatly discounted at some point, as the market is just not there. It's great they still decided to bring it to the table, but sometimes you just have to take the loss and move on.
I think this with pretty much every release LRG does, especially the games that I see as very low quality (Kemco RPG's for instance). It'll be interesting to see if this is another sellout with resellers wanting one of the last WiiU physical games and collectors looking to add to their complete collections (which this is one of the easier systems to collect for). My guess is, it'll sellout just like how people flocked to get their copies of Devil's Third.

They made the deal second deal directly with Thomas Happ for what the monetary split would be. If the deal was so bad that they were going to lose money on it, why would they forge a new contract with the developer and throw money away? It makes no sense that they are losing money on this deal regardless of their desire to preserve this game in physical form.

Additionally Badlands has expressed they want to pay the money back to LRG and has tried for a while to make that happen but LRG won't agree to take payments on the debt while they get their company back on it's feet. If LRG will talk to Badlands and get a payment schedule going then they could get that money back.

I think this with pretty much every release LRG does, especially the games that I see as very low quality (Kemco RPG's for instance). It'll be interesting to see if this is another sellout with resellers wanting one of the last WiiU physical games and collectors looking to add to their complete collections (which this is one of the easier systems to collect for). My guess is, it'll sellout just like how people flocked to get their copies of Devil's Third.
Badlands literally stole $78K from LRG and did nothing to make it right until a lawsuit was filed and litigated at LRG's sole expense. Now you expect LRG to just patiently wait around until Badlands somehow comes up with a payment plan? I mean, have you ever been in a business dispute? You literally know nothing about what LRG has agreed to pay the developer or what sales will be like or what total production costs will be and yet here you are speculating that this is all an elaborate fraud to garner sympathy and that they will still be wildly profitable on the release. Disgusting as always.

Yeah, I don't see the sell through for this title at all, unless it's greatly discounted at some point, as the market is just not there.
You're kidding, right? After seeing what the Vita sales have been like recently, do you honestly think no one will show up for one of the very last Wii U physical copies to exist? Systems that are already dead do not make for less demand on collectible games. And a lot of the recent Vita games haven't even been that notable. Axiom Verge is extremely well known, and its Wii U release has been rumored for years. They could sell out 6000 copies blindfolded and with both hands tied behind their back. It won't even be a challenge.

The Wii U had a very small install base. But it is now one of Nintendo's most collectible systems. Prices for new-in-box Wii U's have already skyrocketed. This time next year game prices for the Wii U are going to be sky-high. The LRG release of Axiom Verge will sell out in minutes, if not seconds.

You're kidding, right? After seeing what the Vita sales have been like recently, do you honestly think no one will show up for one of the very last Wii U physical copies to exist? Systems that are already dead do not make for less demand on collectible games. And a lot of the recent Vita games haven't even been that notable. Axiom Verge is extremely well known, and its Wii U release has been rumored for years. They could sell out 6000 copies blindfolded and with both hands tied behind their back. It won't even be a challenge.

The Wii U had a very small install base. But it is now one of Nintendo's most collectible systems. Prices for new-in-box Wii U's have already skyrocketed. This time next year game prices for the Wii U are going to be sky-high. The LRG release of Axiom Verge will sell out in minutes, if not seconds.
Not so sure about that. Vita is region free and sales seem to continue to be driven by "full setters". I don't know too many WiiU full setters and the region lock is going to be a deal breaker for some. Add to that the fact that the game is multiplatform and already exists physically on the Switch in both a standard and CE and in both ESRB and European versions and you have a lot of factors reducing potential demand. I agree that people may buy it as a novelty, but I don't see 6,000 copies going immediately.

Overslept my alarm to get up for work but my 6:55am alarm worked like a charm. Grabbed bloodstained for Vita no problem, though I do dislike the new interface when you click on cart and have to wait for it to load on that page. Should just forward you to a separate cart page.

bread's done
Back