Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
My NS blind boxes came... Bad North and Regions of Ruin. Buddy of mine who ordered 4 got Vostok, West of Loathing, Iconoclast and Superepic. I know it was unlikely I'd get it but no Shantae Pirate's Curse between the two of us.:whistle2:

I guess I should be happy neither one of us got anything super horrible though... 

My NS blind boxes came... Bad North and Regions of Ruin. Buddy of mine who ordered 4 got Vostok, West of Loathing, Iconoclast and Superepic. I know it was unlikely I'd get it but no Shantae Pirate's Curse between the two of us. :whistle2:(

I guess I should be happy neither one of us got anything super horrible though...
I frequent several forums where people have been posting their blindboxes and I have yet to see a single copy of Pirate's Curse come out of them (and interestingly enough, only a single Jumanji).

I've said this before, but I really feel like they only put a few copies of PC in the pool in order to move all the other less desirable stuff they had sitting around.

got my blind boxes in. 2 CEs, Va-11 Hall-a and Iconoclasts. the 3 regular blind boxes were holy potatoes compendium, nurse love obsession and regions of ruin. also a neonwall printing plate. excited about the va-11 hall-a CE! now I need to track down a 2064 CE since they match

Got my two Switch blind boxes finally, got Celeste (which  is nice, but I already own it) and Bad North, which looks  interesting. So, not too bad, I suppose.

Anyone get Shantae and the Pirate's Curse?
I've now seen a total of one person post that they got it, and that was on the LimitedRun subreddit.

Though, interestingly enough, they didn't seem to flood the boxes with Jumanji like they did in previous years either. Still plenty of distro games that didn't sell well like Superepic, though.

I've never bought one of theirs, and that's coming from someone who buys blind boxes. If they gave you chances, I might consider it. But 2 copies out of 5000? Na.

Blind boxes are scams anyway. I did it one year and never again.
You're right but given how much people are pay for games these days, I figured it was worth a gamble. Of the 2 I got and 4 my buddy got, all of them are going for more than what we paid for them- even after shipping and taxes.

Just saw the trailer for the new TMNT game coming from the Scott Pilgrim folks. Very, very excited for that game! Even bringing back the classic and one-and-only TMNT theme!

Whoever publishes the physical copy of that game -I'm all in on that!

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right but given how much people are pay for games these days, I figured it was worth a gamble. Of the 2 I got and 4 my buddy got, all of them are going for more than what we paid for them- even after shipping and taxes.
Selling stuff online has become more and more of a headache over the years. Between seller protections being wholly inadequate, shipping/fees increasing, the number of people who are obsessive about condition (especially in this market), and the number of lowballers/hagglers/scammers out there, it's extremely unappealing.

Then take into account all of the costs involved ~$35 shipped per game, ~$5 to ship it well (depends on zoning now, thanks USPS), 10% of sale price as fees (on eBay, at least). If you sell it for $50 you may make $5 for all your time and effort at the end of the day.

I get that you intended that more in a "if I don't get what I want then I can at least get my money back" manner, but it really is a pain in the ass to get your money back. And I think that's a recent development, as 5-10 years ago eBay seemed to work pretty smoothly and any time I list things now people send me lowball messages, ask me to ship internationally, or some other nonsense I clearly don't offer based on the listing they clearly didn't read.

Selling stuff online has become more and more of a headache over the years. Between seller protections being wholly inadequate, shipping/fees increasing, the number of people who are obsessive about condition (especially in this market), and the number of lowballers/hagglers/scammers out there, it's extremely unappealing.

Then take into account all of the costs involved ~$35 shipped per game, ~$5 to ship it well (depends on zoning now, thanks USPS), 10% of sale price as fees (on eBay, at least). If you sell it for $50 you may make $5 for all your time and effort at the end of the day.

I get that you intended that more in a "if I don't get what I want then I can at least get my money back" manner, but it really is a pain in the ass to get your money back. And I think that's a recent development, as 5-10 years ago eBay seemed to work pretty smoothly and any time I list things now people send me lowball messages, ask me to ship internationally, or some other nonsense I clearly don't offer based on the listing they clearly didn't read.
100% agree with this. I'm done selling online. It's just not worth the time or trouble.

100% agree with this. I'm done selling online. It's just not worth the time or trouble.
Could not agree more. I have not sold anything on eBay in years. I used to buy and sell a ton of games on Half.com (if anyone remembers that), and made a good amount of money selling games I had in my collection. It was so simple and easy to use. Rarely encountered a scammer either through my buying or selling. I still buy some things off eBay, but I really look hard at feedback ratings, and even then sometimes encounter a bad seller. Japanese sellers are pretty much golden. I do not hesitate to buy from them. Selling is a complete crap show, though. Fees have become outrageous, and shipping is stupid high on larger items. And as mentioned earlier in the thread, there are too many scammers out there on eBay buying, and from what I hear from friends it's really hard to make money unless the markup is fairly high. I am sure big sellers who deal in volume do fine.

Hate to go far off track but I honestly haven't had any issues with selling on eBay, outside of the fees and platform sucking (like needing to re-enter my zip code each time...). 

sorry if this has been mentioned before but I just realized that both No More Heroes game have the Best Buy notification.  Good, because i'd rather give me money to BestBuy rather than have it tied up with LRG for up to a year

Hate to go far off track but I honestly haven't had any issues with selling on eBay, outside of the fees and platform sucking (like needing to re-enter my zip code each time...).
I haven't either, but I also haven't been selling in recent times as much as I have in the past, but even with my low current volume, it's still been OK. But as stated, the fees and increased shipping is for sure not helping, but I've always taken those things in to account, and have priced items accordingly. Ebay has been pretty shit since the start, so I'm pretty much used to them at this point, and how they operate. LOL

I usually offer free shipping on items under a pound because I can ship them for around $4 first class. Anything over a pound and I charge the buyer shipping separately or include it into the price of the item. So shipping doesn't bother me. But I don't like the increasing fees and the managed payment system. I rather get paid through paypal like we always have.

Just saw the trailer for the new TMNT game coming from the Scott Pilgrim folks. Very, very excited for that game! Even bringing back the classic and one-and-only TMNT theme!

Whoever publishes the physical copy of that game -I'm all in on that!
And my first thought was *sigh* probably LRG.

It’s about to get worse, the stimulus bill will require payment processors to send out 1099-K’s if you get more than $600 in a year (vs the current $20,000). So then you’ll need receipts of costs of goods and fill out another tax form. For a few bucks in profit, it will not be worth it.

Looking at LRG's production updates page, a bunch of titles' statuses changed to 'On Deck' over the past few days:

Limited Run #379: EarthNight (PS4)
Limited Run #375: Art of Fighting Anthology (PS4)
Limited Run #371: Fatal Fury: Battle Archives Volume 2 (PS4)
Limited Run Games January 2021 Monthly Crewneck
Zero Wing (Genesis)
Truxton (Genesis)
Toaplan Collector's Edition (Genesis)
Hellfire (Genesis)
Fire Shark (Genesis)
Tie Fighter/X-Wing Mega-Bundle
August 7th Mega-Bundle
Star Wars Episode I: Racer Mega-Bundle
Limited Run #350: Star Wars Episode I: Racer Premium Edition (PS4)

Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 182 (92.9%)
  • On Deck: 14 (7.1%)
Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • TBD: 97 (53.3%)
  • Q1 2021: 61 (33.5%)
  • Q2 2021: 8 (4.4%)
  • 2020: 7 (3.8%)
  • Q4 2020: 4 (2.2%)
  • 2021: 3 (1.6%)
  • Q1/Q2 2021: 2 (1.1%)

So, for those of you who got Switch Blind Boxes, did you notice any numbered stickers on the back of the games? I wonder of there is a direct correlation between the numbers and which game is in there.

So, for those of you who got Switch Blind Boxes, did you notice any numbered stickers on the back of the games? I wonder of there is a direct correlation between the numbers and which game is in there.
People are posting on various groups that the numbers are consistent (e.g. everyone that got #13 on the box got Ms. Splosion Man), but the numbers themselves don't correspond to the LRG release number. It sounds like they did it to avoid people getting duplicates like they have in years past.

I've seen an uptick in buyers trying to scam tbh

SW-2 - Danmaku Unlimited 3
SW-9 - Oxenfree
SW-11 - Gunvolt Chronicles Luminous Avenger (not listed on original page)
SW-13 - Ms. Splosion Man
SW-15 - Iconoclasts
SW-19 - Blazing Chrome
SW-32 - Shante and the Pirates Curse

SW-34 - Super Meat Boy
SW-41 - Away
SW-42 - Fault Milestone One

SW-49 - Regions of Ruin

SW-50 - Super Epic

Credit: r/NSCollectors

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1368605499223052289?s=20
This cannot be understated. I am in the shipping business and the bottlenecks are horrible. LA/Long Beach for example is the epicenter of all the problems. There are easily a couple dozen ships waiting to dock. After than, the average sitting time at the port for a dry import container is 30 days before it moves. Other ports have been getting worse as a result. On the east coast Montreal is on the verge of a port strike as their CBA is expiring and that will cause a ripple effect across the board. Trucker shortages were an issue in the US even before COVID, now it is even worse. A lot of talk about next gen console shortages has been towards computer chips and other resource shortages, but transportation issues can take some of the blame as well.

Things are starting to get better. Terminal workers in LA are scheduled to get vaccinated starting this week. Unfortunately it is going to be months before things get back to normal.

SW-9 - Oxenfree
SW-13 - Ms. Splosion Man
SW-15 - Iconoclasts
SW-19 - Blazing Chrome

SW-34 - Super Meat Boy
SW-41 - Away

SW-49 - Regions of Ruin

SW-50 - Super Epic

Ah! I knew the numbers on the back were identifiers. That's very helpful. Thank you!

I wonder if anyone has compiled more of those Blind Boxes.

It’s about to get worse, the stimulus bill will require payment processors to send out 1099-K’s if you get more than $600 in a year (vs the current $20,000). So then you’ll need receipts of costs of goods and fill out another tax form. For a few bucks in profit, it will not be worth it.
Nah, don't freak out. I sell about $6K or $7K worth of stuff on ebay a year and always report it on my taxes. I buy a lot of stuff from yard sales and flea markets as well, which obviously don't have receipts. I talked to my tax lady and she said it's fine to put down your best estimate of what you paid for each item on a spreadsheet. So if I buy a $5 game and sell it for $50, I report a profit on that sale and if I buy a retail game for $60 and sell it for $20 I report a loss. It usually all but evens out at the end. I don't worry about receipts and you really shouldn't either. You're not going to get audited over a few thousand dollars worth of sales and if on the off chance you did as long as you're being honest, you'll be fine with or without receipts. Not even the IRS assumes you just magically get stuff for free.

The only way I could see it sucking is it might further bottleneck stock and increase prices since there will be some people who just don't want to bother.

From what I see, prices on eBay skyrocket the minute LRG cuts off preorders from things as long as there's some kind of a following. I'm looking at Scott Pilgrim right now and standard editions are already going for $70. Granted, SP might have a stronger following than NMH but I'd wager the same will happen within days of the NMH cut-off. It just seemed like the same for many of their releases so I was trying to say, people think the same thing as I do and just say "fuck it, I'll just buy from LRG now" regardless of how over priced it is since it's likely to go up even more.

To your second paragraph though, yeah, I agree. I bought 2 NS blind boxes because they showed that Pirate's Curse is listed as common/66% of boxes... but I have no idea of knowing how many of those 66% are actually Pirate's Curse vs Jumanji- their threshold for common could be more than 50 copies, in which chase they might only have 50 copies of Shantae and 5,000 copies of Jumanji and both are tech "common".
Yes, LRG supporters are comprised of a bunch of Ebayers. And when they miss a title they are willing to go pay double on the aftermarket because that's how they operate.

It's a bunch of artificial demand that is going to dissipate over time.

I've seen an uptick in buyers trying to scam tbh
If you're a seller then why were you always whining about "Chris on Ebay".

SW-9 - Oxenfree
SW-13 - Ms. Splosion Man
SW-15 - Iconoclasts
SW-19 - Blazing Chrome

SW-34 - Super Meat Boy
SW-41 - Away

SW-49 - Regions of Ruin

SW-50 - Super Epic

If anyone is here and posts on r/NScollectors to update that list, here's a few I can help with:

SW-14 Bad North

SW-27 West of Loathing

SW-51 Vostok INC

SW 15, 49 and 50 are accurate with the copies my buddy and I have.

SW-9 - Oxenfree
SW-13 - Ms. Splosion Man
SW-15 - Iconoclasts
SW-19 - Blazing Chrome

SW-34 - Super Meat Boy
SW-41 - Away

SW-49 - Regions of Ruin

SW-50 - Super Epic

SW-4 - River City Girls is one of the ones I got that's not on this list.

I wouldn't say any LRG games skyrocket on Ebay these days. Beyond Jak 1 and some early ones.

bread's done
Back