Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Legit question: why is the poster $50? I figured a rolled up piece of paper with some mass printed art on it would be at most $25.

I noticed it with the Axiom Verge 2 poster (which I actually would have bought at a cheaper price), but forgot to ask the question then.
Assuming it's of a similar quality based on the reply above, high quality posters do cost quite a bit. Look at prints from Mondo which regularly go from anywhere between $50-75 for a print.

However, I have my doubts on how good it is just bc Josh tweeted it, his words don't hold much weight IMO. Also, because it's LRG, if they're really shipping it in a tube, be ready to be charged up the ass on shipping.

For reference, shipping for posters on Mondo cost about $10-12 I want to say, but I haven't bought anything from them in a while so don't quote me on this.

Annoyingly Valis IV is not included, bit the Asian collection didn't have Valis IV in it either so methinks something might be up with that game (licensing maybe?).

Either way still actually kind of excited for this one.
When the whole Valis Collection thing was announced, I went to youtube and watched a video covering the whole series and realized that all my nostalgia for it was in the wicked cool name and box art. The actual games seem not so great.

EDIT:

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMr_jmjhTbY

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1478803630769815552?t=QSXZNy2EiHvoENYu5PyyLA&s=19

Annoyingly Valis IV is not included, bit the Asian collection didn't have Valis IV in it either so methinks something might be up with that game (licensing maybe?).

Either way still actually kind of excited for this one.
Never heard of this game but man, this game reminds me of Time Gal. Takes me back to when I visiting my rich cousins house as a kid and they had all these systems that were "not-Nintendos" and their Genesis a "CD thingy"... and I was blown away by Time Gal on the Sega CD. I might just grab this...

My distain for LIMITED RUN GAMES continues. They ask me to pay for their new Castlevania collection when they haven’t even shipped my last Castlevania collection! Furthermore they don’t even give me an ETA for the shipment, and they hold hostage all my other games in the order too.

Whenever they announce a new game i immediately go to play Asia today see if there is an Asian version (often with English) for a third of the waiting time and price!

Then I actually get a shipment and they just show how horrible the company is. So yes I was one of the idiots who bought their Master Blaster games from them (instead of getting the triple pack for a third of the cost from play Asia) and they don’t even bother making the packaging fit with the other releases. Now LRG are gonna counter their way higher prices with “superior product” retort but I’d point out they don’t even bother matching the spines! See in this pic they don’t even bother matching spines with Circle of the Moon either. Lazy or incompetence or “whatever we got your money”.

Also Huntdown you can’t even put slip over on the game unless you open up the packaging. Not to mention anything about Amazon having the games months ago for….. wait for it…. a third of the price![attachment=36562:CC1E5F59-4C65-48D3-960A-9121F7A9B511.jpeg]

Estimated Ship Date changed to Q1 2022:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q2 2022:Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • Q1 2022: 117 (46.8%)
  • Q2 2022: 79 (31.6%)
  • TBD: 34 (13.6%)
  • January 2022: 6 (2.4%)
  • Q3 2022: 6 (2.4%)
  • December 2021: 2 (0.8%)
  • Q4 2021: 2 (0.8%)
  • TBD 2022: 2 (0.8%)
  • Dec 2021 / Jan 2022: 1 (0.4%)
  • Q3 2021: 1 (0.4%)
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 249 (90.9%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 23 (8.4%)
  • Pre-production: 2 (0.7%)
Titles by Shipping update from our distro partners:
  • “This release is currently being held up at the US port. We anticipate these items to be released from customs shortly, followed shortly by delivery to the LRG warehouse for final shipping.”: 1 (100.0%)
Titles by Shipping update from our distro partners for Mega Man:
  • The Wily Wars: 1 (100.0%)

Never heard of this game but man, this game reminds me of Time Gal. Takes me back to when I visiting my rich cousins house as a kid and they had all these systems that were "not-Nintendos" and their Genesis a "CD thingy"... and I was blown away by Time Gal on the Sega CD. I might just grab this...
The Valis games are basically Castlevania with anime chicks.

If anyone has an Evercade, it's worth mentioning that their upcoming Renovation Cartridge , scheduled for release at the end of March, has 'Valis 1' and 'Valis III' on it along with 10 other games. It doesn't have 'Valis II,' but it's only $20 and most retailers that will carry it have free shipping.

Might be a better option than the LRG cart.

Estimated Ship Date changed to Q1 2022:Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • Q1 2022: 125 (48.6%)
  • Q2 2022: 80 (31.1%)
  • TBD: 33 (12.8%)
  • January 2022: 6 (2.3%)
  • Q3 2022: 6 (2.3%)
  • Q4 2021: 2 (0.8%)
  • TBD 2022: 2 (0.8%)
  • Dec 2021 / Jan 2022: 1 (0.4%)
  • December 2021: 1 (0.4%)
  • Q3 2021: 1 (0.4%)
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 256 (91.1%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 23 (8.2%)
  • Pre-production: 2 (0.7%)
Titles by Shipping update from our distro partners:
  • “This release is currently being held up at the US port. We anticipate these items to be released from customs shortly, followed shortly by delivery to the LRG warehouse for final shipping.”: 1 (100.0%)
Titles by Shipping update from our distro partners for Mega Man:
  • The Wily Wars: 1 (100.0%)

They had more than a few or so years to do such. Nothing at all nor do they care
I mean, they had a couple, but they were also Josh and Douglas, who got sick of that song and dance ages ago, and just left and ignore all things related to dealing with customers directly. I'm sure eventually they were like, "Wait a second, we're making money now, why the fuck do we care about customer service? LOL!" *rides off into sunset never to return*

I ended up buying Valis. They got me again guys
giphy.gif

If anyone has an Evercade, it's worth mentioning that their upcoming Renovation Cartridge , scheduled for release at the end of March, has 'Valis 1' and 'Valis III' on it along with 10 other games. It doesn't have 'Valis II,' but it's only $20 and most retailers that will carry it have free shipping.

Might be a better option than the LRG cart.
If they had included Master of Monsters, I would have bought the console and cartridge just for that.

Nostalgia is a weird thing for sure. I played Bubsy about a year ago or so and it made me so angry after a while in the 4th world I believe (the one after the western world, which was hard as nails too) where I would get lost. I loved it growing up, but now I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Some age very well like Super Mario Bros, and some age alright IMHO like Castlevania 1, which is a pain in the neck to play, but still plays OK. Valis looks kind of OK, but I have no nostalgia of the games, so I'll likely get them digitally for cheap. Kunio Kun games are my weakness though, which is why that's my only open LRG order right now.

I mean, they had a couple, but they were also Josh and Douglas, who got sick of that song and dance ages ago, and just left and ignore all things related to dealing with customers directly. I'm sure eventually they were like, "Wait a second, we're making money now, why the fuck do we care about customer service? LOL!" *rides off into sunset never to return*
Hit the nail on coffin. I'm hoping once whatever else that's left I want gets done and can move on finally

Nostalgia is a weird thing for sure. I played Bubsy about a year ago or so and it made me so angry after a while in the 4th world I believe (the one after the western world, which was hard as nails too) where I would get lost. I loved it growing up, but now I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Some age very well like Super Mario Bros, and some age alright IMHO like Castlevania 1, which is a pain in the neck to play, but still plays OK. Valis looks kind of OK, but I have no nostalgia of the games, so I'll likely get them digitally for cheap. Kunio Kun games are my weakness though, which is why that's my only open LRG order right now.
This is why when anyone says that I only like any certain old game because of nostalgia, I just respond with- nostalgia can also be a bad thing when things aren't as good as you remember it. I can still go back and enjoy nearly every game I used to enjoy on any system as far back as the SNES (I never got to play the NES much) and have even played some super old games for the first time in recent years and enjoyed them fine (FFII, Terranigma). But then there are a few games that I just cannot understand how I loved them as much as I did back in the day, like GoldenEye 007, Super Mario Kart, Driver, or Ocarina of Time.

This is why when anyone says that I only like any certain old game because of nostalgia, I just respond with- nostalgia can also be a bad thing when things aren't as good as you remember it. I can still go back and enjoy nearly every game I used to enjoy on any system as far back as the SNES (I never got to play the NES much) and have even played some super old games for the first time in recent years and enjoyed them fine (FFII, Terranigma). But then there are a few games that I just cannot understand how I loved them as much as I did back in the day, like GoldenEye 007, Super Mario Kart, Driver, or Ocarina of Time.
Just interesting that everything you’ve listed as false positive nostalgia are some of the first attempts to do major franchises or big blockbusters in 3d, except super Mario kart, but that tried to produce the effect still. With nostalgia, I think that games that were pretty much the height of 2d or already established genres are one thing, and usually hold up due to their polish or whatever uniqueness made them stand out. When we are considering which of the first attempts at 3d should be held in the best regard, it’s not like there are much better for the time than you’ve listed though. Yeah, they are rough, but 3d was still so novel, and has progressed much more than 2d since. I think they should still be listed as trailblazers that pushed their genres and did something new or very well for the time. It can be hard to play them now because of how much 3d genres have advanced, and the nauseating cameras / frame rates, but remembering, comparing and charting the first big attempts at 3d is still fun and worth doing sometimes I think. Mario 64s camera can be jarring, but Im still floored how well that game holds up considering how early an attempt it was. I think that will always be the best example of a game somehow coming from the future and releasing 5 years too early, but all the others you’ve mentioned I still think are great examples of 3d gaming pioneers.

Just interesting that everything you’ve listed as false positive nostalgia are some of the first attempts to do major franchises or big blockbusters in 3d, except super Mario kart, but that tried to produce the effect still. With nostalgia, I think that games that were pretty much the height of 2d or already established genres are one thing, and usually hold up due to their polish or whatever uniqueness made them stand out. When we are considering which of the first attempts at 3d should be held in the best regard, it’s not like there are much better for the time than you’ve listed though. Yeah, they are rough, but 3d was still so novel, and has progressed much more than 2d since. I think they should still be listed as trailblazers that pushed their genres and did something new or very well for the time. It can be hard to play them now because of how much 3d genres have advanced, and the nauseating cameras / frame rates, but remembering, comparing and charting the first big attempts at 3d is still fun and worth doing sometimes I think. Mario 64s camera can be jarring, but Im still floored how well that game holds up considering how early an attempt it was. I think that will always be the best example of a game somehow coming from the future and releasing 5 years too early, but all the others you’ve mentioned I still think are great examples of 3d gaming pioneers.
Wow, spot on. Even on the SM64 part, I still love SM64 now as I did back in the day.

And I didn't mean any of those games were now bad/unplayable/doesn't deserve to be called the hallmarks by any means- they just don't have the same spark for me now that they had back then for me whereas other games still fill me with child-like glee. Ok, well maybe except Driver... I couldn't get past the very beginning garage trial level or whatever when I played it a few years ago and when I looked up a guide/walkthrough for it, I found out that this was apparently very difficult for everyone.

Wow, spot on. Even on the SM64 part, I still love SM64 now as I did back in the day.

And I didn't mean any of those games were now bad/unplayable/doesn't deserve to be called the hallmarks by any means- they just don't have the same spark for me now that they had back then for me whereas other games still fill me with child-like glee. Ok, well maybe except Driver... I couldn't get past the very beginning garage trial level or whatever when I played it a few years ago and when I looked up a guide/walkthrough for it, I found out that this was apparently very difficult for everyone.
Yeah, i agree and was trying to think it through too. Most classic 3d games are sadly hard to fully enjoy in the same way anymore, not too tough with the good 2d classics though. I think new, surprising and novel experiences are just more memorable and enjoyable too, which were pretty much 3d only after Mario 64, that was the perception for a long time at least. I remember that driver tutorial, I think I got through the game in a 5 day rental, of which at least half and by far the hardest part was just that opening tutorial. Rest of the game was pretty short and easy after, if I remember right. Doubt I could do it now though. That game was a unique concept, but yeah, not great otherwise. Just that novelty was enough for it though, and still has people talking about it!

They had more than a few or so years to do such. Nothing at all nor do they care
The thing that blows my mind is that they know communication is a problem, they've known it's been a problem for ages, and yet...

There was a blog post on limitedrungames.com acknowledging the need for better communication almost four years ago. They sent out a customer survey in 2020 largely about ways to improve communication. And it still seems like if you want to know what's going on with a title, your best bet is Discord or tweeting one of the founders through their personal accounts.

The thing that blows my mind is that they know communication is a problem, they've known it's been a problem for ages, and yet...

There was a blog post on limitedrungames.com acknowledging the need for better communication almost four years ago. They sent out a customer survey in 2020 largely about ways to improve communication. And it still seems like if you want to know what's going on with a title, your best bet is Discord or tweeting one of the founders through their personal accounts.
They don't like constructive criticism unless it effects sales enough or people spread it like wildfire. Not the first nor the last but it amazes me they just won't get orders done and dealt. Always "shifting" developer delays that stretch well over months,possibly years. Also,Doug has a nasty habit of rants or just going off on people(I remember him going off on someone who wore a shirt with him on it only to nuke majority of what said and then later the full post) who don't have his ideaology

Honestly, the guys sound miserable to work for. I've worked for small businesses that had insane CEO's. They just suck your energy dry until you quit.

Don't forget the 2021 update that also went out the window.

Like Squarehard's been saying, they're well aware of their issues, they just don't care to fix them.

I did a quick look and found these are listed as going to be sold at best buy

Dusk for switch 

Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling for Switch 

Super Meat Boy Forever for Switch 

Double Dragon Neon for Switch 

Sam & Max Save the World for Switch 

Zombies Ate My Neighbors & Ghoul Patrol for both PS4 and Switch 

DOOM: The Classics Collection for both PS4 and Switch 

Axiom Verge 2 for both PS4 and Switch 

Castlevania Anniversary Collection for both PS4 and Switch 

Quake for both PS4 and Switch 

I did a quick look and found these are listed as going to be sold at best buy

Dusk for switch
Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling for Switch
Super Meat Boy Forever for Switch
Double Dragon Neon for Switch
Sam & Max Save the World for Switch
Zombies Ate My Neighbors & Ghoul Patrol for both PS4 and Switch
DOOM: The Classics Collection for both PS4 and Switch
Axiom Verge 2 for both PS4 and Switch
Castlevania Anniversary Collection for both PS4 and Switch
Quake for both PS4 and Switch
These should be stickied. I was just on eBay looking at Bug Fables. Thank for the money saved!

Nice. I might be swayed to pick up Zombies at some point if it goes on sale. Otherwise I can just keep playing it anytime on my hacked A1Up cab heh.

I had never heard of Bug Fables. Looks pretty cool based on my quick research. They said its like paper mario. Ill keep an eye out for the BB release, thanks for the heads up.

I got shipping notification this morning on the two games I ordered from the NY Sale, so hopefully others that ordered stuff will get notices soon as well.  

They seriously only include a copy of the steelbook in the Collector's edition of castlevania that costs $175...wow! way to give the middle finger to the lower tiers. At least give people the option at a lesser dollar amount. No wonder I have been placing orders less and less from them.

They seriously only include a copy of the steelbook in the Collector's edition of castlevania that costs $175...wow! way to give the middle finger to the lower tiers. At least give people the option at a lesser dollar amount. No wonder I have been placing orders less and less from them.
The only thing I really want in the CE is the steelbook, everything else I can do without. They should have just added the steelbook to the mid-tier option and raised the price $10, or just removed the soundtrack selection and replaced it with the steelbook. Guess I will be going without it this time.

I'm actually considering the playing card deck but have they actually shown any pictures of what the cards will look like? I mean, that's kind of important. These guys are so clueless sometimes, it's baffling.

bread's done
Back