Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
The only thing I really want in the CE is the steelbook, everything else I can do without. They should have just added the steelbook to the mid-tier option and raised the price $10, or just removed the soundtrack selection and replaced it with the steelbook. Guess I will be going without it this time.
This is what I like about Sony's first party special editions. $10 more for the steelbook and maybe a digital soundtrack or artbook, and I think that's great. It also convinced me to preorder 'Horizon: Forbidden West' for PS4, and, though it's more (it's technically the PS5 release with the PS4 version digitally), am considering 'Gran Turismo 7' even though I'm not a serious sim fan.

They seriously only include a copy of the steelbook in the Collector's edition of castlevania that costs $175...wow! way to give the middle finger to the lower tiers. At least give people the option at a lesser dollar amount. No wonder I have been placing orders less and less from them.
Yep, they are at it again...causing Lots of Raging Gamers. lol

I skipped this because of that and I really wanted the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, they are at it again...causing Lots of Raging Gamers. lol

I skipped this because of that and I really wanted the game.
It’s a crappy set for the price, but one of the worst parts of it to me is the soundtrack “selection” and double sided poster. Nothing ultimate about that. Give us two posters, not double sided. These are probably folded up as well? And how much more would it cost to just provide the full soundtrack on two cds? It would take like $2 out of their already absurd profit margins on this. I think the additional sales would have justified that expense. The cardboard coffin as the centerpiece is just stupid cheesy.

Anyone also getting charged their respective “city tax” on their orders? I have never had this additional tax from any online retailer, and yet another reason not to order from LRG![attachment=36593:FDBF49E5-4BE6-4933-A869-8CC0AF1C4262.jpeg]

Anyone also getting charged their respective “city tax” on their orders? I have never had this additional tax from any online retailer, and yet another reason not to order from LRG!
It was like this early last year when I preordered Castlevania Anniversary Collection for switch. It must have been ages since you’ve ordered anything.

I actually don’t mind the tax being charged as long as it’s the correct amount. Locally it’s a total of 9% which is what the combined charge was for me on that last order.

It was like this early last year when I preordered Castlevania Anniversary Collection for switch. It must have been ages since you’ve ordered anything.

I actually don’t mind the tax being charged as long as it’s the correct amount. Locally it’s a total of 9% which is what the combined charge was for me on that last order.
Nah, pretty sure that guy just likes to complain. He mentions how much he hates the LRG, but continues to throw money at them, like ?????

I guess this way he can continue to justify his ongoing complaints. Obviously never heard of the expression vote with your wallet

Anyone also getting charged their respective “city tax” on their orders? I have never had this additional tax from any online retailer, and yet another reason not to order from LRG!
attachicon.gif
FDBF49E5-4BE6-4933-A869-8CC0AF1C4262.jpeg
A couple years back LRG was charging me an incorrect county tax which was not valid for the address I lived at, and they did it for many months. I had to manually request refunds, which they would give me, but it was incredibly annoying since they were charging the wrong amount. They blamed it on Shopify and eventually fixed it after many months.

However, if the taxes you posted are the correct taxes for where you live, why are you complaining? Just because every other online retailer is not doing it yet doesn't mean they shouldn't be.

...it was incredibly annoying since they were charging the wrong amount. They blamed it on Shopify and eventually fixed it after many months.
I think that's probably the actual problem. LRG didn't input tax rates into their store... they aren't that bright or capable. Whatever source Shopify used in their system was likely just wrong for your zip code / city.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1483491904729853952?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1483491904729853952%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=

do the blind boxes usually take this long to ship? Granted I have not ordered some in like 3 years, but I remember them shipping fast back then or am I crazy?

do the blind boxes usually take this long to ship? Granted I have not ordered some in like 3 years, but I remember them shipping fast back then or am I crazy?
This is the new LRG, so consider anything that ships sooner than within 1-3 months a blessing.

That said, I had my first Blowout Sale ship last night via DHL, though that order didn't have any blind boxes in it.

If they still have to assemble them this would be normal. Not sure what they said at the time of sale though since I didn't buy any.

The blind box pages just say Q1, I think in the past they said "ready to ship". I'm guessing they have everything but prob need to put them all in those blind box things and shrinkwrap them.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1483868774302420997?s=20
What am I missing here? According to price charting, a complete original NES copy of this game is worth $35. Even if price charting is WAY off and its worth double thats still only $70. How does a foil stamp and a soundtrack make this re-print worth nearly $100 (89.99 plus shipping)? You'd think they would at least re-print games that are too expensive to buy an original copy.

I have still not received my Doom Collectors Edition that was slated for December/January. I haven't even heard anything since I placed the order back in May. Is this normal? 

I have still not received my Doom Collectors Edition that was slated for December/January. I haven't even heard anything since I placed the order back in May. Is this normal?
Absolutely normal. Hopefully, you get it before a year passes. This is btw why I only order regular editions, though I've had those take 8+ months, too.

What am I missing here? According to price charting, a complete original NES copy of this game is worth $35. Even if price charting is WAY off and its worth double thats still only $70. How does a foil stamp and a soundtrack make this re-print worth nearly $100 (89.99 plus shipping)? You'd think they would at least re-print games that are too expensive to buy an original copy.
Less about value, more about whatever IP they can get. They'd reprint Hoops, the cheapest NES game, if they could unhinge the rights from the owner. They know they have a dedicated enough group of lemmings who jump off the cliff at their repros.

What am I missing here? According to price charting, a complete original NES copy of this game is worth $35.
Well, the obvious answer is that this is a new physical product, and the cost to simply produce the new cartridge with PCB, printing, and assembly is likely around or greater than $30. I would also point out that the original MSRP of the first printing of A Boy and His Blob, back in the late 80s, was around $40 - $50. (and that was in 1980s money, not adjusted for modern inflation)

You can't meaningfully compare the cost of a product like this to the re-sale value of an extremely dated game, and you certainly can't expect the prices to match when practical concerns prevent this. I can certainly appreciate the seeming illogical decision of picking THIS particular game for a reprint, when its original version isn't valued very highly, and isn't particularly difficult to acquire. But the game in question is a bit of a cult hit, while a much quieter, more underground cult hit. This decision was likely made in hopes of bringing back someone's favorite titles from childhood, and possibly giving a lesser known title a second chance at exposure. It's also possible they might be hoping to cross-promote something coming out digitally soon. (a re-release on the eShop, or possibly a re-release of the Wii title?)

Well, the obvious answer is that this is a new physical product, and the cost to simply produce the new cartridge with PCB, printing, and assembly is likely around or greater than $30. I would also point out that the original MSRP of the first printing of A Boy and His Blob, back in the late 80s, was around $40 - $50. (and that was in 1980s money, not adjusted for modern inflation)

You can't meaningfully compare the cost of a product like this to the re-sale value of an extremely dated game, and you certainly can't expect the prices to match when practical concerns prevent this. I can certainly appreciate the seeming illogical decision of picking THIS particular game for a reprint, when its original version isn't valued very highly, and isn't particularly difficult to acquire. But the game in question is a bit of a cult hit, while a much quieter, more underground cult hit. This decision was likely made in hopes of bringing back someone's favorite titles from childhood, and possibly giving a lesser known title a second chance at exposure. It's also possible they might be hoping to cross-promote something coming out digitally soon. (a re-release on the eShop, or possibly a re-release of the Wii title?)
Thanks for the write up, it helps. I guess like most LRG products, there is a market of collectors who likes this kind of stuff. I personally can't see paying this kind of money for a reprinted common game however I'm sure I buy stuff that other people wouldn't be interested in. To each their own, LRG is obviously making money on this stuff otherwise they wouldn't be pushing out so much content.

We all know they're thinking of how to do NFTs. What about LRG introducing physical only games? One other small publisher is doing it. Too lazy to google which one.
Josh has specifically stated that LRG is not doing NFTs or physical only games. Super Rare and Special Reserve both tried physical only releases. For Super Rare it was a bust and they're not doing another one.

bread's done
Back