Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Anyone have their blind boxes ship yet? I know they said Q1 but I was hoping it would actually during the early half of Q1 (of course, I should have known better). 

Anyone have their blind boxes ship yet? I know they said Q1 but I was hoping it would actually during the early half of Q1 (of course, I should have known better).
If I recall correctly, mine arrived in the first or second week of March in 2021. I'm expecting the same for this year.

Yeah what is up with Castlevania just sitting at the warehouse??? I am a patient person but this has to be my last order with them.

Which edition are you talking about for Castlevania? If you mean the Ultimate edition, they said on Discord a few days ago that they were still waiting on the shadowboxes and two other items, so if those are marked as in the warehouse that's likely an error.

I don't really follow LRG much so I don't know their habits. Are they likely to do the upcoming Klonoa and Chrono Cross physical versions, or are bigger company titles like that generally off limits to them?

I don't really follow LRG much so I don't know their habits. Are they likely to do the upcoming Klonoa and Chrono Cross physical versions, or are bigger company titles like that generally off limits to them?
Play-Asia already has a English import release of Klonoa on the site. I expect the same to happen with Chrono Cross in the future. I bought the English import version of Final Fantasy 7/8 and 9 from Play Asia for Switch.

A lot of Square games get Asian/English releases for Switch that were only available digital here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Along with the Klonoa Switch release at Play Asia mentioned above, there are also physical releases coming in Spain.

https://twitter.com/dark1x/status/1493275191262150657

Hopefully there'll be something widely available in the U.S., no matter who it's from, but if not, at least there'll be more than one option.

Production Status changed to At LRG Warehouse:Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • Q2 2022: 105 (43.4%)
  • Q1 2022: 100 (41.3%)
  • TBD: 28 (11.6%)
  • Q3 2022: 6 (2.5%)
  • December 2021: 1 (0.4%)
  • Q3 2021: 1 (0.4%)
  • Q4 2021: 1 (0.4%)
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 240 (89.9%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 24 (9.0%)
  • Pre-production: 3 (1.1%)

I wholly hope 'Klonoa' goes the regular retail route. That's a compilation I want real bad, and I'd rather not deal with LRG for it. Especially with the wait times.

Is Klonoa's Asian release on PA already sold out? Or did it never go up?
It did not go up yet. I'm sure they are confirming it's release first before they make the preorder active.

The Japan/English version is available for order now. I'm going to hold out and see if the English/Asian version gets a preorder. I'd rather have the English version of the cover art.

So I ordered 2 copies of fight n rage for switch with the keychain for $10 extra because the regular edition was “sold out”. First I got an email saying that the keychains were delayed. Today I finally got a shipping notification and it says that they are only sending one keychain even though I paid for two.

I guess I’ll wait until the item shows up before complaining, but damn i definitely won’t be ordering from limited run games after this.

So I ordered 2 copies of fight n rage for switch with the keychain for $10 extra because the regular edition was “sold out”. First I got an email saying that the keychains were delayed. Today I finally got a shipping notification and it says that they are only sending one keychain even though I paid for two.

I guess I’ll wait until the item shows up before complaining, but damn i definitely won’t be ordering from limited run games after this.
That's pretty awful.

The good news is their support is usually pretty good with correcting fuck-ups like this. Of course it does waste your time to have to contact them about it.

On another customer service note, make sure you double check the trading cards you get with your orders. No lie, about half of the orders I have had delivered over the last few months have had trading card issues, either cards missing, or wrong cards being included. Just keep in mind only LRG numbered releases get trading cards, not distributed titles. And yes, you can open tickets for missing or incorrect trading cards, they just want to see a picture of what was included in the box.

I'd go ahead and open a ticket. They may have done the shipping notification but usually they do those in such an advance that it might be another week or so before it ships (or it might be it shipped a week or so ago and it's in your mailbox already, you never know). There's no reason items you paid for should be excluded because you ordered more than one. That's :censored: up.

I got a shipping notification for my order that includes 'Castlevania Anniversary Collection - Bloodlines Edition.' We're getting there.

Wily Wars does not come with any LRG-branded trading cards, but does come with a small box of cards (10 I think) that is not packaged inside the box. This box of cards is the same as you would get from any of the retailers that sold and distributed Wily Wars.

Note to self: Never buy a PC Blind Box

https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/1494021857141563395

Drop it to $10 and I'll buy a physical copy of Lawbreakers.

Sucks that game flopped as it looked cool. Gears of War 3 is one of the best games I ever played but Cliffy's follow up never appeared on Xbox and died before I got a PS4.

Drop it to $10 and I'll buy a physical copy of Lawbreakers.
200.gif

Note to self: Never buy a PC Blind Box

https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/1494021857141563395
They should do a Lawbreakers blind box. Where you you know you're gonna get Lawbreakers but it's a blind box so dumbasses like me will be "Oh... I wonder what's in the box!?" and buy it.

To be fair, it says "may" be sold at Best Buy. There's no guarantee.
Can't grab as many FOMO bucks if you put "will". To my knowledge, Ms. Splosion Man was the only game that Best Buy passed on with that disclaimer and that was years ago. It's a safe (though admittedly not infallible) assumption that anything with the disclaimer will go to BestBuy.

Can't grab as many FOMO bucks if you put "will". To my knowledge, Ms. Splosion Man was the only game that Best Buy passed on with that disclaimer and that was years ago. It's a safe (though admittedly not infallible) assumption that anything with the disclaimer will go to BestBuy.
And yet, it's not for sale at Best Buy. So it may not be a guarantee.

And yet, it's not for sale at Best Buy. So it may not be a guarantee.
Best Buy doesn't list the game until they know it's closer to release. I've picked up several LRG titles from BB like Scott Pilgrim and Shantae - BB waits until they have a confirmed inventory date before they'll put the preorder listing.

Thankfully, not everyone runs a shop like LRG does.

bread's done
Back