Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Best Buy doesn't list the game until they know it's closer to release. I've picked up several LRG titles from BB like Scott Pilgrim and Shantae - BB waits until they have a confirmed inventory date before they'll put the preorder listing.

Thankfully, not everyone runs a shop like LRG does.
Jesus I understand how it works. All I pointed out is that it's not a guarantee. The example of 'Ms. Splosion Man' even proves that. I wasn't saying anything else, one way or the other.

What I think is the new typical situation with BB games from LRG is that they will not list them until all versions of the game LRG has sold have shipped or are at least in the shipping cue unless they have a specific date in the contract that allows BB to sell earlier.  The idea, as I've gathered, is LRG wants to ensure it's customers get the game first.   So right now the issue isn't the standard edition it's the Classic Edition which ships sometime Q2 2022.   I wouldn't expect BB to list until after the Classic Edition is at minimum in assembly and then they will use a release date sometime after what LRG estimates it'll be for those CE's to ship.

Adding to this, if BB did order standard edition copies then they had to be manufactured with all of the other copies.  So, they are likely under contract for them already and it's just a matter of time since LRG wouldn't have printed the order without it being confirmed and LRG isn't reprinting the game for the BB release later.   Ms. Splosion Man was only a standard edition (no CE).  It makes sense that this one could be easily cancelled or that the listing would reflect the situation better.   It's also likely that BB doesn't pay until the bulk purchase is ready to be shipped.  So the delay due to the CE, likely makes this easier on BB since they aren't out any money.   That is, if BB is even paying up front for these games.  It's possible there is a more vendor type situation going on here where LRG gets paid after the games are sold.  It's hard to tell exactly without inside information, but I think with any of these games with a CE attached, unless the listing is updated after the standards have shipped to delete the BB message... everything is 100% going to BB due to being under contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
:joystick:

This is why I didn't quote anyone with my post but rather added to the discussion.   It's mainly for people like marineal (who started this) and anyone else that maybe aren't super familiar with the pattern over the past few years with these BB releases of LRG published games.   It's not an attack at anyone. 

Jesus I understand how it works. All I pointed out is that it's not a guarantee. The example of 'Ms. Splosion Man' even proves that. I wasn't saying anything else, one way or the other.
Chill, man. Sorry I cared enough to respond. Next time, I'll just ignore you. Yikes - not everyone is attacking, some folks just want to help out by giving an answer of what they know.

Is Bestbuy going to carry a certain LRG game depends on what the meaning of the word “is” is.  If the, if Bestbuy, if ‘is’ means is and never has been, that is not—that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement. … Now, if someone asked is Bestbuy going to carry Ms Splosion Prez, that is, asked in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true.

Sorry if this has been discussed in the past few pages - but has anyone heard any updates on Dracula X / Rondo Of Blood turbografx CD release? 

Typically I don't care about most games LRG releases enough to buy them, but I've been keeping an eye on this one as I have a US turbo DUO along with a PC Engine Briefcase Unit 

I know I could just burn a copy, but this is one where I wouldn't mind having the first/only "official" American release.

Sorry if this has been discussed in the past few pages - but has anyone heard any updates on Dracula X / Rondo Of Blood turbografx CD release?

Typically I don't care about most games LRG releases enough to buy them, but I've been keeping an eye on this one as I have a US turbo DUO along with a PC Engine Briefcase Unit

I know I could just burn a copy, but this is one where I wouldn't mind having the first/only "official" American release.
No, but thanks for the reminder.

Just that it's still in the works.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1495869897309573135?s=20&t=0slyz6v7dsdy5IwICxJ6lA

I wonder if Super Meatboy CE for the Vita will ever ship.  Those super nice meat trays they forced people to buy to get the game must be taking a long time to make.  

Is it realistic for LRG to be able to give actual release dates for games? I used to order from them but the absurd delays and lack of communication have made me avoid them lately. Why can't they just be honest and say the game won't be available until next year or whatever?

Is it realistic for LRG to be able to give actual release dates for games? I used to order from them but the absurd delays and lack of communication have made me avoid them lately. Why can't they just be honest and say the game won't be available until next year or whatever?
Because they'd probably get less sales then.

They're too busy setting up their physical store to worry about communicating with customers who have already paid for upcoming games
Considering how much they use "staffing" as an excuse for how slow they are with mailing stuff out, why on earth would they open a physical store? That's just going to add a ton of overhead (rent, maintenance, staffing, etc). Even before Covid people mostly buy stuff online. Would have been nice if they used all the money going into the store to hire more staff to ship out products they've already sold. Opening a physical store for such a niche product in a time where B&M stores are dying seems like a waste of time, money, and resources IMO.

I don't think they could be precise enough to state a specific month, but they could certainly be a lot more transparent about shipping timelines. The 4-5 month disclaimer they currently have is wrong far more than it's right. But like ZForce mentioned, I think it'd deter potential customers to throw out something like "8-12 months" and their focus is very clearly sales over fulfillment/communications.

Still waiting for quake, star wars republic, zombies ate my neighbor, cyanide and happiness, crysis 2,3 limited edition, crysis 1 steelbook, angry video game nerd. Oh well I guess patience is a virtue

Not the greatest game, I remember it being janky and buggy even for its time, but it’s a pretty memorable one.  Had some unique concepts and settings.  Might get it.  Plays same or worse than the average N64 action game, but the atmosphere was kinda like dark souls, a decade earlier.   Games and setting are completely different, but I don’t know, similar tone.  The well done environments, soundtrack and atmosphere are the only reason I can think of why it still sticks with me, but it’s one I do kind of want to check out again.

Shadowman swill?  Have you ever played it?  Like I said, the base game mechanics, are functional, best that can be said for most N64 games nowadays, but pretty much everything else: environments, soundtrack, theming are pretty well done and still hold up.

At least it's a remastered version and they didn't just do another retro retail release of a common Nintendo game again
Yes this.

Not that I want this myself, but it's not the N64 game... they are just using it for creating fake props. Which strikes me as odd because the Dreamcast version was the best way to play Shadowman (not that I found the game that great, but at least this version didn't hurt my brain as much with the 3D). The other versions don't really hold up too well. If you want a N64 cart to display, just hit ebay and buy a real one as they run between $15 and $20 with free shipping.

At least it's a remastered version and they didn't just do another retro retail release of a common Nintendo game again
I'm always torn on this... on one hand, the Nintendo route usually means they didn't fuck anything up since it's just the original, even if it's nothing more than a cash grab. On the other, remasters often turn out some real turds like XIII or GTA Trilogy, or some where it's like "is this really better?" like Life is Strange.

Shadowman swill? Have you ever played it? Like I said, the base game mechanics, are functional, best that can be said for most N64 games nowadays, but pretty much everything else: environments, soundtrack, theming are pretty well done and still hold up.
Change have for had and this is also me.

I have Shadow Man on Dreamcast and didn't care for it. Easy pass for me.

Ok, fair enough.  I think the game holds up pretty well against 3rd party N64 games of the period, maybe not so much against the full Dreamcast lineup.  Swill is just a little harsh, especially in comparison to LRGs usual standards.  From my decades old memories of it, the environments, exploration, music, and atmosphere are still top of the line.  It seems like a game that had genuine care put into it.  Whether that’s the case for the remaster, I don’t know, but reviews sound ok.  And whether that’s the case for LRGs handling of the physical release, we already know the answer to that.

Did LRG change their support website? I need to contact them about my Pirate's Curse cards that just came in and went to the help section on their main page... and the page it took me to says to then go to another site: https://support.limitedrungames.com

Seems kinda cumbersome... why wouldn't their main page's support option lead to the new site? 

Did LRG change their support website? I need to contact them about my Pirate's Curse cards that just came in and went to the help section on their main page... and the page it took me to says to then go to another site: https://support.limitedrungames.com

Seems kinda cumbersome... why wouldn't their main page's support option lead to the new site?
They just updated the entire site with a new theme.

I still want to know why it is taking forever to get Zombies Ate my Neighbors/Ghoul Patrol finished.

Well LRG put in a request to fix my messed up Shantae card sets... whatever that means. I would think me asking them to put in the request, would be the request, but I guess now the shipping side has to confirm they have the missing sets I need. Somehow not hopeful about this. 

Does anyone else think that LRG's new layout on their homepage is confusing and cluttered, or that the old view was much better/easier to glean information about current sales from at a glance?

Does anyone else think that LRG's new layout on their homepage is confusing and cluttered, or that the old view was much better/easier to glean information about current sales from at a glance?
Everything is too damned big. It's like they designed the site around the smallest screen possible so the art would be as big as possible. The old view was tolerable as you could see everything offered on one page... now you have to drill through the scrolling list or open each section individually. It's a mess designed by someone that likes art but doesn't understand website UI.

Well LRG put in a request to fix my messed up Shantae card sets... whatever that means. I would think me asking them to put in the request, would be the request, but I guess now the shipping side has to confirm they have the missing sets I need. Somehow not hopeful about this.
They won't, but if you happen to be at a convention or stop by their physical store I'm sure they'll be happy to sell you some.

(Sorry to hear about the issue.)

bread's done
Back