List of all FREE Xbox Live Marketplace content (2.0)

Since the DoA5LR Costume catalogs keep getting posted on here, I think it of note that it isn't actually free content, but just a compatibility pack (that doesn't actually provide anything for free in the game).

I'd also argue that marketplace available Demos also aren't free content, unless they unlock extra content in the full game or do anything beyond being a limited trial of the game. But that's just an opinion on the worth of 'free' items.
So if you can try a game for free that's not worth it and not a real free content?! A strange opinion....

So if you can try a game for free that's not worth it and not a real free content?! A strange opinion....
i think i get his point actually. i check this thread to time to time for real free stuff so to speak that i can really own and not just some trials or demos.

dont get us wrong, we appreciate the posts but we really appreciate those real free stuff significantly more.

i think i get his point actually. i check this thread to time to time for real free stuff so to speak that i can really own and not just some trials or demos.

dont get us wrong, we appreciate the posts but we really appreciate those real free stuff significantly more.
I am the one who post the "free" stuffs, not who make them, so I can not make more really free things...

Damn. Tough crowd. The man takes time out of his day to post things for free with the damn links included so all you have to do is click it and buy it and you give him hell because its a demo. How about just saying thank you. What did that take you seconds out of your day. Ungratefull assholes. Damn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. Tough crowd. The man takes time out of his day to post things for free with the damn links included so all you have to do is click it and buy it and you give him hell because its a demo. How about just saying thank you. What did that take you seconds out of your day. Ungratefull assholes. Damn.
But he is wasting his own time and ours (more so since he adds the link, for those of us that use the "Link Posts Only" view): when there's a notification that there's a new post in the free content thread, it should be for free content and not for demos/trials and compatibility packs, that are worthless as 'freebies' since they are always free and add nothing to the games (or console experience, in the case of Avatar Items/etc, lol).

Also, just because he choice to do this doesn't mean I have any reason to be grateful to him or thank him, it's his choice to spam the thread as he constantly does.

Anyways, this is all I have to say on the subject since I'll just be repeating myself and adding to the usual spam and chaff that keep ruining this otherwise useful thread (also, once you start paying me a wage, you get to have an opinion about the worth of my time during the day).

Edit: and why is eveyone ignoring the point of my original post on this subject: Compatibility Packs are not free content, even more so than Demos! :p

I share their opinion, as I follow this thread for full-release content, rather than demoes. Your comment is the only "tough" one I see. They didn't give him "hell". They expressed their viewpoints in respectable manners - even stated their appreciation for his intentions - while you resorted to petty insults.

The :xb1: trials that are posted typically allow me to unlock achievements, in addition to letting me try the game for free to see if I want to actually own it before spending the money on it.

Some of the free stuff that I don't really appreciate is avatar stuff because I don't pay much attention to my avatar, but I'm certainly not going to complain about seeing posts with links to avatar items.

And lately this thread has been more cluttered with chatter than "undesirable freebies" anyway...

I saw an ad tile on my Xbox One with an offer for free digital code for Ryse: Legendary Edition if you subscribe to Gold. You have to do it via in-dash sign-up.

ryse.jpg

I saw an ad tile on my Xbox One with an offer for free digital code for Ryse: Legendary Edition if you subscribe to Gold. You have to do it via in-dash sign-up.

ryse.jpg
I saw that on my B-I-L's Silver account back in December. Using the ad you can opt to enter a code for Gold and I did so (1 month), and I have yet to see anything come in to his XBL messages.

I've been lurking this site for years and after the insane headache of making an account (dat captcha tho!) and then having to beg the administrators to allow me to post (wassup wit dat?), I'm finally here. About free stuff:

- Demos are fine to post but demos were always free and most games have free downloadable demos.

- I cannot speak for all of you but I know I speak for at least many of you when I say that full games, DLC packs, and even silly avatar items are way better free items than demos.

- It is indeed annoying that goofballs keep posting demos here but I think I can live with it.

Was anybody here able to actually redeem that "Point Break" avatar motorcycle last month? It never worked for me and then one day it was gone. Was it region-specific or something?

OFF:

On X360 99% of the games had demos, but on XO at the beginning only 1% of the games had, that's why I chased them. Furthermore you can get achievements and keep in game progress, if you buy the game later. Nowadays around half of the games have trials, so still not all. That's why I keep sharing If I see a demo/trial for a game.

"Compatibility" packs: I don't not know all content like DOA5LR costumes packs, just saw them "free" so shared. Now asked about it, so I see it's just a fix for "free players", so they can see the paid costumes - or something like that.

I can't do anything about the second one - if a new free content shows up, can't check all - , but If a demo/trial has no value, I can stop sharing them.

PS: I know the real free stuffs looks like Rayman Legends - Bosnia edition or the Assassin's Creed III - Chinese edition, but those times are gone...  :beer: 

As the thread title states "free xbox live marketplace content" - anything that falls in that realm is fair game (including demos/free trials).  If something is posted that you don't appreciate or don't agree with, close the window and move on with life.  No need to fill the thread with griping.  There's only a few people who post meaningful stuff in this thread anyhow, try not to run them off.

I saw that on my B-I-L's Silver account back in December. Using the ad you can opt to enter a code for Gold and I did so (1 month), and I have yet to see anything come in to his XBL messages.
I wondered about that. I assume it's been more than 4 weeks, right? I wonder if you can contact the Xbox support to see about getting the code. That it is weird that they have the option to enter a code if it doesn't qualify for the deal.

OFF:

On X360 99% of the games had demos, but on XO at the beginning only 1% of the games had, that's why I chased them. Furthermore you can get achievements and keep in game progress, if you buy the game later. Nowadays around half of the games have trials, so still not all. That's why I keep sharing If I see a demo/trial for a game.

"Compatibility" packs: I don't not know all content like DOA5LR costumes packs, just saw them "free" so shared. Now asked about it, so I see it's just a fix for "free players", so they can see the paid costumes - or something like that.

I can't do anything about the second one - if a new free content shows up, can't check all - , but If a demo/trial has no value, I can stop sharing them.

PS: I know the real free stuffs looks like Rayman Legends - Bosnia edition or the Assassin's Creed III - Chinese edition, but those times are gone... :beer:
I didn't know that Xbox One Demos and Trials could be continued into the retail game, or that they provided free achievements, since this is not something that happened on the Xbox 360, that sort of feature does add value to downloading/playing the items. :p If your post contained such information then I wouldn't have thought of them as valueless.

As for compatibility packs, when you see them pop up as free, why not read the descriptions and add more details to your posts (for example what is actually available for free in the pack), though I understand you're trying to get the posts up quickly, it would be of benefit to the community and likely attract more/better attention to the thread.

But as I say (and it seems I may need to keep adding this disclaimer for the people that mistake my posts as some sort of attack), these are just my opinions, you can just continue to post nothing but a title/link to the 'free' content with out any extra details, that's your prerogative.

As the thread title states "free xbox live marketplace content" - anything that falls in that realm is fair game (including demos/free trials). If something is posted that you don't appreciate or don't agree with, close the window and move on with life. No need to fill the thread with griping. There's only a few people who post meaningful stuff in this thread anyhow, try not to run them off.
Please don't be a hypocrite, you're stating "If something is posted that you don't appreciate or don't agree with, close the window and move on with life. No need to fill the thread with griping." while doing the same (and if you're going to state about what I should do with my life, as with the user who stated what I should do with my time; start paying my salary and you may tell me what to do, until then I'll do as I wish with my time), I'm just posting my opinion about what I see as a detrimental effect that rushing to be the first to post 'free' content has on this thread, that's all, I though maybe perhaps it would lead to a consensus on if the actual content is of value to the community or not, but I wasn't expecting to be abused and I'm not attempting to run anyone off, unlike yourself.

I've said my piece about "Free stuff" and all that and I mentioned that while I appreciate the posts for free stuff, I significantly appreciate real free stuff more. Never did I bash anyone nor give anyone a hard time. And I never even said anything about stopping anyone from posting what they want to post or not.

Is constructive criticism still alive? Or it's just pure misunderstanding these days? Besides, my opinion does not speak for everyone and I know that. It's just sad people get a bad rap for stating what they have in mind. These could have gone to a good debate, but, down to the drain it went.

Anyway, this was taken way out of context so can we please stop here? Thank you!

Was anybody here able to actually redeem that "Point Break" avatar motorcycle last month? It never worked for me and then one day it was gone. Was it region-specific or something?
There was a point break avatar? Never knew about this sadly.

I didn't know that Xbox One Demos and Trials could be continued into the retail game, or that they provided free achievements, since this is not something that happened on the Xbox 360, that sort of feature does add value to downloading/playing the items. :p If your post contained such information then I wouldn't have thought of them as valueless.

As for compatibility packs, when you see them pop up as free, why not read the descriptions and add more details to your posts (for example what is actually available for free in the pack), though I understand you're trying to get the posts up quickly, it would be of benefit to the community and likely attract more/better attention to the thread.

But as I say (and it seems I may need to keep adding this disclaimer for the people that mistake my posts as some sort of attack), these are just my opinions, you can just continue to post nothing but a title/link to the 'free' content with out any extra details, that's your prerogative.

Please don't be a hypocrite, you're stating "If something is posted that you don't appreciate or don't agree with, close the window and move on with life. No need to fill the thread with griping." while doing the same (and if you're going to state about what I should do with my life, as with the user who stated what I should do with my time; start paying my salary and you may tell me what to do, until then I'll do as I wish with my time), I'm just posting my opinion about what I see as a detrimental effect that rushing to be the first to post 'free' content has on this thread, that's all, I though maybe perhaps it would lead to a consensus on if the actual content is of value to the community or not, but I wasn't expecting to be abused and I'm not attempting to run anyone off, unlike yourself.
OFF:

After all,

Why didn't check how it's going on XO before you call something valueless? Wait. I see now. I should write it in the link, that you can earn achievements with it and keep ingame progress.... so I don't waste your precious time. My bad.

Why don't you click on the link and read the description yourself? Should I "waste" more time on these "worthless" stuffs, so you can "waste" less with them? :whistle2:$

Maybe just ignore these posts... and find yourself the free stuffs on the FREE Internet... GLHF :shame:

Has there really been an argument because he posted links to demos?  fuck me, has this place become a squabbling shit hole since I quit moderating.

How about everyone just shut the hell up and let renatto do his thing? 

Has there really been an argument because he posted links to demos? fuck me, has this place become a squabbling shit hole since I quit moderating.

How about everyone just shut the hell up and let renatto do his thing?
Pretty sure nobody was stopping him from doing his thing. Not me at least. :)

But I agree, let's stop it here and move forward with the freebies. Like these ones (this is a drop though):

2-Day Xbox Live Gold Trial - Q9RTN-T78QY-QWKC7-9DKXM-G29V4
Halo 5 Promotional REQ Pack - 7G44Y-PKRRK-R6H3X-GYDD4-TP7JZ
Dr Pepper Premium Theme - CTDJ2-P3GJ4-MQWBW-DBKBJ-JRWH8

But I agree, let's stop it here and move forward with the freebies. Like these ones (this is a drop though):

Halo 5 req was lurked, didn't check the others. Thanks anyways :)

That's what I call real waste! O:) Just in case checked them, and OFC all lurked...

PS: You should put those to a revelant topic >> Code Drop II > instead flooding this one with those "already used" codes! :p

NVM just kidding. :beer:

Raise your hand if you're the Forum God that decides what is and isn't allowed to be posted in the free content section. Surely one of you is our fearless leader that can put an end to all this madness.

All the posts complaining were far more annoying than the posts including free compatibility posts. Just let them go instead of flooding the thread with useless posts, it's not like there's a compatibility pack released every hour

The EA Vault games I've installed (PvZ GW, Peggle 2, & Battlefield: Hardline) are still working. I guess it didn't end on the 24th after all. :)

i dont now if was posted before, just a reminder for the previous xbox 360 owners and now xbox one owners, still is available to get this, only use another diferent email, i just unlock mine 2 days ago for Xbox one:

To unlock the MP-412, players must visit the Watch Dogs promotional site from Monster Energy. Then, players must type out some information and the code for the MP-412 as well as select the platform they would like a DLC code for. A redeemable DLC code that can be used to unlock the handgun will be generated upon clicking the "Submit" button.

Redemption Code for Monster Energy site:

2L4K-7KK5-HFM9

OFF:

After all,

Why didn't check how it's going on XO before you call something valueless? Wait. I see now. I should write it in the link, that you can earn achievements with it and keep ingame progress.... so I don't waste your precious time. My bad.

Why don't you click on the link and read the description yourself? Should I "waste" more time on these "worthless" stuffs, so you can "waste" less with them? :whistle2:$

Maybe just ignore these posts... and find yourself the free stuffs on the FREE Internet... GLHF :shame:
On Topic (for the content of this thread):

As I've stated, I understand that you want to appear helpful by being the first to share (sorry, I mean the first to quickly copy and past the links to 'free' stuff from another, automated site, without bothering to add any other details), but yes you're wasting my time (the whole point of having a thread that links to free stuff is so that the community doesn't have to find/read all the details of the free stuff in the first place), Anyways, since you and your fans can't discuss this in an adult and civilized manner (and with the added salt from some ex-mod on the suject), I think I'll take your advice and leave this thread alone, since I can already find the crap you post before you post it (and also since I'm still pissed that this site has given all our details to a hacker, without bothering to provide any warning/apology other than making us change our passwords and have to keep re-logging in, but that's besides the point).

I'll miss the 2 or 3 people who actually post meaningful comments/content, but since that's always US only I guess it'll be okay, and since there's other more friendly places to see their posts (usually reposted, but by a better quality of spammer than Renatto), thank you all, it's been a fun few years and threads. :p

Really?  Wasting your time?  That's ridiculous.

Fans?  Of free stuff being posted, YES!  What I find useful or not should not shape the content of this thread.  My opinion (or yours, or anyone else's) of what should be posted in here, if I care to have one, should not shape what other people who have different opinions get to see in this thread.  This isn't first world problems, this is 1% problems...

I hope all these bitching posts (YES including mine) get cleaned up quick. This thread is becoming quite useless and a chore to read.

EDIT:  Also, no one will miss a lurker. :D

On Topic (for the content of this thread):

As I've stated, I understand that you want to appear helpful by being the first to share (sorry, I mean the first to quickly copy and past the links to 'free' stuff from another, automated site, without bothering to add any other details), but yes you're wasting my time (the whole point of having a thread that links to free stuff is so that the community doesn't have to find/read all the details of the free stuff in the first place), Anyways, since you and your fans can't discuss this in an adult and civilized manner (and with the added salt from some ex-mod on the suject), I think I'll take your advice and leave this thread alone, since I can already find the crap you post before you post it (and also since I'm still pissed that this site has given all our details to a hacker, without bothering to provide any warning/apology other than making us change our passwords and have to keep re-logging in, but that's besides the point).

I'll miss the 2 or 3 people who actually post meaningful comments/content, but since that's always US only I guess it'll be okay, and since there's other more friendly places to see their posts (usually reposted, but by a better quality of spammer than Renatto), thank you all, it's been a fun few years and threads. :p
giphy.gif

Watch out The Division beta codes just rolling out...

Who's gonna take my key? Just write a single letter here - no PM - and I'll pick a random winner at night (8-10 hours from now). GLHF.  :pray:

I see, but I won't waste my codes for lurkers, so I won't drop them there, nonetheless I keep in mind that I can't do it here in the future. I'll find another way/place to spread them...
You can make a similar post and private message it to someone. Doesn't necessarily need to be a code drop for a lurker.

Thanks! My kids used to play this. It's free on PC, Android, and iOS as well.

http://www.roblox.com/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roblox.client&hl=en

http://www.amazon.com/Roblox-Corporation-ROBLOX/dp/B00NUF4YOA/

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/roblox-mobile/id431946152

I loaded up the game and noticed that there were 6 free in-game avatar characters that you can buy. Says they are Xbox One exclusives. Not sure if they are limited time freebies. I just got all 6 of them.

bread's done
Back