List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='EnronLackey']It said that the code to redeem it will be emailed out during the holidays. I haven't received mines yet and wondering if others have.[/QUOTE]
There's a thread dedicated to that offer. Any news will probably turn up there first.
The last update I read mentioned "weeks", so I'm guessing it's been pushed back to January.

The avatar awards are not correct. Left 4 Dead 2, does not have a frying pan or garden gnome for a award, unless its a UK/Europe thing or some other region. But they are not on the U.S. versions.

[quote name='smeckie']The avatar awards are not correct. Left 4 Dead 2, does not have a frying pan or garden gnome for a award, unless its a UK/Europe thing or some other region. But they are not on the U.S. versions.[/QUOTE]
Removed, sorry about that.

Thanks a bunch!

[quote name='RBH']I just saw on the Video Marketplace that there are free episodes of some Nickelodeon shows right now, including:

Rocko's Modern Life
Doug
Rugrats
Hey Arnold

It appears that the first episode of each show is currently Free on the marketplace.[/QUOTE]

I just got all of those and that free XBLA game Aegis Wing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone see Major Nelson's tweet?

If you're in the US, sign into LIVE on your console and scroll all the way to the right for the free Fireworks Holiday toy.

edit: nvm, seems it is just a stupid game it sounded like an avatar item -____-"

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']It's a minor glitch. Same thing happened with Sgt. Johnson for ODST.[/QUOTE]
It's not a glitch, it's a joke that Microsoft makes when they want things to be "exclusive" for whoever gets them. The Johnson code was supposed available ONLY by pre-ordering, and in order to make sure that those who pre-ordered got a valueable bonus they priced it at a laughable amount. There are just a few items at that price: S.johnson, Chocobo, VIP sweater for Microsoft employees, and maybe some more.

[quote name='BitLooter']Holy crap, that's nearly $1250...[/QUOTE]
Cause I'm such a nice guy, I'd gladly sell my code for... :hot: 90% off the price!! :hot:

If I had the money, I'd download the item and call them up for a refund.

What do you mean 'no refunds'!!!? That piece of shit cost $1250!

[quote name='RBH']I just saw on the Video Marketplace that there are free episodes of some Nickelodeon shows right now, including:

Rocko's Modern Life
Doug
Rugrats
Hey Arnold

It appears that the first episode of each show is currently Free on the marketplace.[/QUOTE]
Jesus Christ, they are giving away my childhood for free.

Rocko's Modern Life
Doug
Rugrats
Hey Arnold

[quote name='polishpride212']Jesus Christ, they are giving away my childhood for free.[/QUOTE]

Oh man I gotta watch me some Doug. Haha they have a robot chicken episode where Doug is at a bar drinking and a guy goes oh hey you're Doug right!? Yeah... What've you been doing. Nothing. ...silence... :lol:

Thx guys, I love free videos, screw paying MPs for these, is it just set up for Zune pass of something?!

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']I thought all episodes of the Guild were free, hah.[/QUOTE] Really? I just checked out the first episode. I didn't think any of the others would be free. Thanks.

Just want to say thanks to everyone who posts info on all the free things.

And yes all The Guild episodes and extras are free. Very funny show. And Felicia Day is hot.

[quote name='kitpowers007']And Felicia Day is hot.[/QUOTE]

Agree to disagree. She's not ugly, but I wouldn't say she's hot.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']What does the Rock band Music Store do?[/QUOTE]
Now you can buy Rock Band Songs... without owning a Rock Band game!!! I assume VIP Pass is the same.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']What does the Rock band Music Store do?[/QUOTE]
You can preview the downloadable tracks without loading your game (or inserting the disc if you haven't installed it to HDD). The same applies to the GH and Lips stores.

I could never connect to the Guitar Hero servers so even though I downloaded the store I haven't been able to use it. It's prob my connection, like always. >

So? it's FREE. That is the point of this thread. If you're going to be ungrateful then people will stop posting. The only difference to me really is that when you got your friends list there will be no vehicle or anything in the background but the whole background is just the theme. I'm happy with it, it's free.

[quote name='intoxicated662']So? it's FREE. That is the point of this thread. If you're going to be ungrateful then people will stop posting. The only difference to me really is that when you got your friends list there will be no vehicle or anything in the background but the whole background is just the theme. I'm happy with it, it's free.[/QUOTE]
I've mentioned multiple times before that I do not add free gamer pictures and non-premium themes because they are extremely abundant and it would be too much of a hassle for me and the rest of the community to keep the list up to date by constantly be adding and removing them.

There are about 115 free themes and 145 free gamerpictures that have been tracked by Xbox Index (not including unlockables), and new ones are added and deleted daily. In addition to this, most of these themes are just background images that can be duplicated by transferring images using a usb drive or a computer with wifi. I am not including them on my list for the same reasons I'm not including the 1645 free videos and 1225 demos available on the XBLM.

(http://www.xboxindex.com/)

[quote name='Nebenator']I've mentioned multiple times before that I do not add free gamer pictures and non-premium themes because they are extremely abundant and it would be too much of a hassle for me and the rest of the community to keep the list up to date by constantly be adding and removing them.

There are about 115 free themes and 145 free gamerpictures that have been tracked by Xbox Index (not including unlockables), and new ones are added and deleted daily. In addition to this, most of these themes are just background images that can be duplicated by transferring images using a usb drive or a computer with wifi. I am not including them on my list for the same reasons I'm not including the 1645 free videos and 1225 demos available on the XBLM.

(http://www.xboxindex.com/)[/QUOTE]

That's good for you then and not everyone sees things your way, but for others like myself it is FREE and we take it for what it is. Also, it will be in our download history so never have to worry about adding it again later if it gets corrupt, deleted by accident, etc. If you didn't like it, then you didn't have to respond and next time keep your comments to yourself. FREE is FREE at the end of the day, bottom line. Your welcome everyone else, enjoy!

It’s the man's list. He took the time to make it for people like you and me, if he doesn't want to include gamer pictures and videos, and non premium themes, that’s his choice. You should be grateful that he is even providing such a list.

Plus I’m sure you will have a witty comment about stuff being free. Enjoy.
if you dont like his list.. make your own with the content you want.

People looking for free themes, grab a quality resolution off the internet and network your PC with the 360, go to the folder from your 360 and apply as dashboard background. Free theme and if you're handy in Photoshop you can tweak it to look best not being blocked by the 360's dash interface (shift the majority of the image up).

[quote name='Nebenator']I've mentioned multiple times before that I do not add free gamer pictures and non-premium themes because they are extremely abundant and it would be too much of a hassle for me and the rest of the community to keep the list up to date by constantly be adding and removing them.

(http://www.xboxindex.com/)[/QUOTE]

Nebenator,

I certainly agree that listing out all those "free" items in your post would be a little bit of a pain to manage.
But wouldn't it be worth adding that link to your 1st post, and mention that the all free demos, themes (backgrounds), videos, and gamerpics can be listed out there?

[quote name='blowmefer']Nebenator,

I certainly agree that listing out all those "free" items in your post would be a little bit of a pain to manage.
But wouldn't it be worth adding that link to your 1st post, and mention that the all free demos, themes (backgrounds), videos, and gamerpics can be listed out there?[/QUOTE]
I took in your suggestion and added the link and info. I've been really trying to help the community from the start, and included only items that I thought CAGs would be interested in. I hope that adding in the link on the front page helped those who weren't satisfied with the list, and that the community knows that I'm open to suggestions, no matter how stubborn I may seem ;)

That being said, if this list helped you or someone you know please nominate it for Best CAG Forum Thread (Non-Deal) 2009. We have 2 nominations so far and the only competition is the ECA thread so I know when we get enough nominations and make it into voting we'll either win or a huge impact over the rest of the threads. Thank you!

For what it is worth I didn't even know this thread existed until I saw mention in the voting thread. I now have it bookmarked.

Thanks for the effort Nebenator!

Thanks for this thread - I had no idea that there were any free XBLA games. I've now got Aegis Wing queued up for download. I like a good 2D shooter, so am looking forward to playing it.

Anybody know of any free games or DLC from other regions?

I was able to get the free "Prey in the Darkness" Challenge Map Pack for Batman Arkham Asylum by creating a gamertag on the Great Britain xbox website, then recovering the account on my 360. Any gamertag can use DLC or Arcade games on the system it was purchased on, so I was able to play the new challenges with my regular GT.

A lot of things are blocked based on IP / country, so I was lucky to get this without any problems.

I was hoping that maybe there was another region that got the Joker challenge room DLC (or is it a PS3 exclusive across the board?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back