Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

Looks like the LBP servers are down and for some reason I cant do my Kratos code....perhaps because the servers are not activated.

Great game, finally got past the point where I was in the Beta.

Yeah I called around to 4 Gamestops + 1 Gamecrazy.

None of them knew what I was talking about. A few said they have boxes piled up but those weren't from today. The guy @ Gamecrazy was an ass.

I got a call back from the GS I preordered and he said he confirmed they should be getting it in today, but if not, Monday.

I he said if they do in fact get it in, UPS should arrive around noon.

Apparently be nice to your local GS retailer as they are grumpy on a Sat. morning @ 10:00AM PST.

[quote name='Psykodelik']I assume this is a no but trophies aren't up yet until the servers go live?[/quote]
The trophies work like any other game, though you won't be able to get the ones requiring the servers to be up.

i ran into a couple of x's 4 last night... i been trying to get 100% at every stage since then too. lol thats gonna be tough since i am usually only playing with my lady.

I read about people getting the calls from Gamestop last night. So I did my preorder last night. I called the guy this morning and they just got them. I picked it up a little while ago.:D

Just picked up the game a few mins ago. Disappointed at the lack of 1080i support, but it definitely won't stop me from finally enjoying this awesome game.

Picked mine up too. Also decided to pick up the guide. I must say I am impressed just by the thickness (320 pages)! Also a fairly large sackboy poster at the end!

WTF LBP. I pick it up yesterday (yay!) but trying to redeem my code is fail. The thing says go to http://us.playstation.com/LBPCostume/ but that site doesn't exist. I try to redeem the promo code on the slip and it wont work. Anyone else deal with this? I assume they just wont activate it till Tuesday which sucks.

Picked mine up at Gamestop today and my Kratos code isn't working either. I have an extra Kratos code so if anyone wants to trade a Nariko code for it, let me know.

BuffaloBills.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the game a couple of hours ago...wow. I didn't think I'd played it that long. Anyway, no title update to 1.02, so Sony did a pretty quick turnaround. It looks a ton better than the Beta, too.

EDIT: DAMNIT! DAMNIT! DAMNIT! My Kratos Pre-Order Code TORE! What do I do?

One of the few times where I am kicking myself in the head for not pre-ordering a game. anyway does anyone have an extra kratos code or nariko code they want to trade?

I got a 200 points xbox card from my vision bundle, uno, robotron and a bunch of coke codes. if anyone wants to trade let me know.

[quote name='Jest']WTF LBP. I pick it up yesterday (yay!) but trying to redeem my code is fail. The thing says go to http://us.playstation.com/LBPCostume/ but that site doesn't exist. I try to redeem the promo code on the slip and it wont work. Anyone else deal with this? I assume they just wont activate it till Tuesday which sucks.[/QUOTE]

My theory is that its tied to the LBP servers...and since they are down currently, we won't be able to redeem them until Monday at the earliest.

I just went back to Gamestop where they gave me a replacement code! :)

Thing with Gamestop's code is that it's a pull-off code and not a scratch off, which is BS if you ask me, but I have a code now, with the new card.

EDIT: Heard that the recalled version uses Sixaxis for Jetpack removal while the newer ones uses the O button (for me, it prompts the O button).

[quote name='Havok83']they most likely wont as most BB get their trucks twice a week and Saturday isnt one of those days. I also preordered at BB and am just going to buy it at GS and cancel my BB preorder[/quote]
FYI - New games do not come in on the trucks. The new games come in UPS. The only games on the trucks are old games that are getting replenished. Whoever told you that games only comes in on truck nights was stupid.

[quote name='KingBroly']I just went back to Gamestop where they gave me a replacement code! :)

Thing with Gamestop's code is that it's a pull-off code and not a scratch off, which is BS if you ask me, but I have a code now, with the new card.

EDIT: Heard that the recalled version uses Sixaxis for Jetpack removal while the newer ones uses the O button (for me, it prompts the O button).[/quote]
My GameStop code was a scratch-off.

[quote name='KingBroly']EDIT: Heard that the recalled version uses Sixaxis for Jetpack removal while the newer ones uses the O button (for me, it prompts the O button).[/quote]

My recalled copy used the O button if I remember correctly.

I've gotten to Jalapeno levels and am having a blast with this game. Can't wait to try the online portion. I'm also loving the soundtrack, each songs fits each of the levels pretty well.

[quote name='Draekon']My recalled copy used the O button if I remember correctly.[/quote]

Mine prompts me with the little Sixaxis controller icon which I must shake up and down. Maybe you can also do it with the button O? Never tried it since it shows up as Sixaxis on the screen and thought that was the only way. Will have to try it later.

I have been calling around everywhere to get a copy (didn't pre-order), and no one will sell it to me. Anyone know of a store that is selling it early?

EDIT: I found it at walmart but they will not sell it to me? Weird.

As noted in the other thread, there is a UPC difference between the recalled and censored version, but before I open my recalled version, is there any other difference? Cover art, things on the cover, the back, etc.. can someone post a pic of the censored version's cover art?

[quote name='Scorch']As noted in the other thread, there is a UPC difference between the recalled and censored version, but before I open my recalled version, is there any other difference? Cover art, things on the cover, the back, etc.. can someone post a pic of the censored version's cover art?[/QUOTE]

Censored versions cover art is this:
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=270109
except the spine isn't black like in the picture, it looks like a burlap sack texture.

Managed to get up to the 75% of the prizes trophies, though I don't think I'll be able to get 100%. I may start working on a level to put up when the servers go up.

I got it but GameStop passed me off a used copy. It had a clear sticker over it... not the traditional seal.

I knew the manager was bullshitting me by saying they had more preorders than copies (they need to sell the copies anyways). They passed me off an open copy.. what do I do? or is that how all of your came from GameStop?

bah, i cant beat the bomb throwing mexican boss! pisses me off when i have to start at the beginning...its like 1987 or something. i guess i'll keep trying.

[quote name='warpedcore']I got it but GameStop passed me off a used copy. It had a clear sticker over it... not the traditional seal.

I knew the manager was bullshitting me by saying they had more preorders than copies (they need to sell the copies anyways). They passed me off an open copy.. what do I do? or is that how all of your came from GameStop?[/QUOTE]

Most games from GS are opened. I think its a "we can't always watch, so you can't steal it" maneuver. New from behind the counter should be sealed, though.

Got mine today, and I didn't have a preorder!!! Had to call about 5 gamestops before I finally found one that would sell to walk-ins, but it was worth it...spent about 4 hours playing the game and loved every second of it. Too bad the servers aren't available yet, tho...

wife and I picked it up. We love it and hope to add some of you guys for some 4 player sack action when the servers are up.

PSN: Cataplexy

I love this game. I played it for like 6 hours today. I got through about half the single player before realizing that there were sticker triggers through out most of the levels. So far I've only finished 2 levels without dying and with all of the items.

[quote name='bjstucker']wife and I picked it up. We love it and hope to add some of you guys for some 4 player sack action when the servers are up.

PSN: Cataplexy[/quote]

I added you.

Anyone know if stores will be selling it tomorrow, or do we wait till Tuesday? All my GS's are preorders only (and most don't have enough to cover even those)

[quote name='Zmonkay']Anyone know if stores will be selling it tomorrow, or do we wait till Tuesday? All my GS's are preorders only (and most don't have enough to cover even those)[/quote]

I asked the BBV where I pre-ordered mine last month and they said they have 'no idea when they're getting it in'. But, my best guess would be Wal*Mart if you want to grab a copy before Doomsday at this point.

[quote name='Jest']WTF LBP. I pick it up yesterday (yay!) but trying to redeem my code is fail. The thing says go to http://us.playstation.com/LBPCostume/ but that site doesn't exist. I try to redeem the promo code on the slip and it wont work. Anyone else deal with this? I assume they just wont activate it till Tuesday which sucks.[/quote]

I got this same issue, unable to get the code. The live date listed on the promo card is the original release date so I'm also assuming this will be unlocked this Tuesday as well.

Quick follow up to people who got their preorders today: Anyone preorder online with in store pickup get theirs? I placed an order today, so am wondering if I could go to that store tomorrow and claim a "preorder". Thanks in advance.

[quote name='zewone']How can a game this big for Sony and this late in it's life cycle not have 1080i support? Ridiculous.[/quote]

I've dug deep into that. And it's really quite amazing how little developers care about this. Pretty sad really.
http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...read.id=1543693&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

My ebay copy is UPC 711719814825.
Also I think there is a patch already out that gives more costumes, use the O to remove jetpack, and I think patch 1.02 patches the "song". But I thought the servers were only abailable in Europe at this time.

[quote name='sunnysky']I've dug deep into that. And it's really quite amazing how little developers care about this. Pretty sad really.
http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...read.id=1543693&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

My ebay copy is UPC 711719814825.
Also I think there is a patch already out that gives more costumes, use the O to remove jetpack, and I think patch 1.02 patches the "song". But I thought the servers were only abailable in Europe at this time.[/QUOTE]

you know to Sony all that means, is that these [people wanting/needed 1080i support] are potential customers for their Sony Bravia line.

[quote name='Thomas96']you know to Sony all that means, is that these [people wanting/needed 1080i support] are potential customers for their Sony Bravia line.[/quote]

This is such a HOT topic, it really doesn't belong in this thread. I should not have brought it up.

bread's done
Back