Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

My littlebigplanet Quest has yielded no succes at the close of business. I want to two TRU(s) today, one fucking idoit told me "oh yeah the game was delayed, or probably cancelled." [at this point, I'm thinking I'd like to slap this idiot] I just told him no the game was NOT cancelled. So he would at least know for the next customer he talks to.

So anyway, that's my story... I have to wait for TRU to get LBP in so I can swap out one of the gams from the B2G1 deal that I jumped on. I have Dead Space, and Buzz... So I'm going get rid of Buzz first... maybe Dead space as well... who knows.

Yeah, that's a better topic for the PS3 FAQ thread. It can be patched in later if MM hears enough demand for it, like Criterion with Burnout Paradise.

Finished up making my first level for the retail version of LBP, so I just need the servers to go live so I can upload it. I definitely recommend going through all of the tutorials in the level creator to get many new stickers and objects along with learning the basics and how to work the tools.

While I was playing a level, I got signed out of PSN and forced to update to 1.02 when I wanted back in, so you can get that out of the way right now. It's 57 MB, so it's not a huge update.

Edit: This seems to be the patch to get servers online for us in North America, though I'm getting the normal errors, though it's now asking to check out the EULA first when trying to get online with LBP.

Edit 2: I notice that you're able to block others from being able to download your level to their moon and edit it further along with locking it from being able to be played by anyone that finds it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thomas96']My littlebigplanet Quest has yielded no succes at the close of business. I want to two TRU(s) today, one fucking idoit told me "oh yeah the game was delayed, or probably cancelled." [at this point, I'm thinking I'd like to slap this idiot] I just told him no the game was NOT cancelled. So he would at least know for the next customer he talks to.

So anyway, that's my story... I have to wait for TRU to get LBP in so I can swap out one of the gams from the B2G1 deal that I jumped on. I have Dead Space, and Buzz... So I'm going get rid of Buzz first... maybe Dead space as well... who knows.[/quote]

Good luck with that. I tried to swap a game from the B2G1 deal last week for the RB2 bundle as was told I can only exchange for games that were already released when the deal was active...

I'm really loving this game. Havent had a chance to build any levels yet but I'm extremely tired so that will have to wait til tomorrow.

But overall, I hope this can move systems for Sony, cause they really hit one out of the park with this game.

I got prompted to do 1.02, although I don't know why. It must change a few other things as well. I can't wait for the Servers to go up so I can go for 100% pick-ups on all levels (I need 2 lousy items on Level 2 that I cannot find for the life of me).

I finished the Creator Tutorials, but I went back for the Motor Bolt one to help me get a Trophy (You can get trophies in Create/Created Levels), so now I am focusing my level on helping people easily get some Trophies. Whether people would like it or not, it's up to them.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Quick follow up to people who got their preorders today: Anyone preorder online with in store pickup get theirs? I placed an order today, so am wondering if I could go to that store tomorrow and claim a "preorder". Thanks in advance.[/quote]

That's what I did. I noticed on the receipt I printed out that it could take up to 48 hours for the store's system to reflect the order. I reserved mine Friday night and I picked it up when the store opened the next day, no problem.

[quote name='bjstucker']for some 4 player sack action when the servers are up.

PSN: Cataplexy[/QUOTE]

Added you....gotta love "sack action"...haha.

I haven't gotten my wife into it yet, but give it time.

Me and my wife played for around 4 hours straight last night after picking up my pre-order. Definitely still love the game and the new story levels are great I was hoping that they would be at least as good as those in the beta, and they are actually better :D

If anyone would like to play some four player once the servers come up, feel free to send me a friends request on PSN.

Damn, I've done almost everything you can do in in single player mode now. Played the whole game with my lady friend. That's a first.

Just Acing the last few levels now.
Servers please!!

What a fantastic game.

Love the game so far. Gamestop screwed me out of my Kratos code, so if anyone has an extra, I would be willing to send a couple of bucks their way for it.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Anyone having trouble getting their preorder costume codes to work? My one from GS does not work at all.[/quote]

Word is they will not work until the servers go up some time next week.

So if the game came in Saturday, I wouldn't be able to pick up my preorder tomorrow? I won't have any cash money until then. :cry:

[quote name='dallow']Damn, I've done almost everything you can do in in single player mode now. Played the whole game with my lady friend. That's a first.

Just Acing the last few levels now.
Servers please!!

What a fantastic game.[/quote]

yeah, I aced all the first levels yesterday as well as 100% goodied them.

I'm working on a level at the moment I expect people will enjoy since it's out of the norm. I'm taking alot of time with it (spent 2 hours yesterday getting the mechanics of a tongue working >_< ).

I'll post when it's done and what to look for when the servers are up.

[quote name='Blackout']So if the game came in Saturday, I wouldn't be able to pick up my preorder tomorrow? I won't have any cash money until then. :cry:[/quote]

You could call and ask them to hold it for longer. Legally, you'll still get your copy at some point. If they say you will never get your game, you can legally sue them if they don't refund your money.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']So... whens the servers coming up? Do they know that the game is out?[/quote]

expect it to open up on the 27th. that's the new official releasae, so if not then, sometime soon this week.

They should have enough copies that you can get your preorder whenever you get to them this week. I picked up my Fable II preorder yesterday, so they don't cancel your preorder after two days. Hell, I canceled a preorder for Metroid Prime 3 a few weeks ago that I was out of town when it came out and completely forgot about.

think any one will be able to build weapons like guns or something that can be used against multiple created enemies. Or are we all doomed to have jump on stuff and hit switches only???????

[quote name='allstronglovin']think any one will be able to build weapons like guns or something that can be used against multiple created enemies. Or are we all doomed to have jump on stuff and hit switches only???????[/quote]

i normally would say no to the idea of weapons, but with a patch, I wouldn't be surprised. I still doubt it though so no mega-man style stuff till probably LBP2.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']i normally would say no to the idea of weapons, but with a patch, I wouldn't be surprised. I still doubt it though so no mega-man style stuff till probably LBP2.[/QUOTE]

I guess you could make some rockets scattered around a level that would hit enemies weakpoints and kill them. Not sure if that is possible, but it would be interesting to test.

I imagine you could make a gun very easily out of the floating foam or something and there were levels in the beta with other types of weapons, like the Space Invaders level.

Anyone that has played N game (aka ninja) on a pc,xbox, ds, psp knows what im talking about.

They should do a dlc where the sackboys and girls get n game style with all of those user levels. Nice

[quote name='Thomas96']damn you guys have finished the game already? makes me think I should just wait for the game.[/QUOTE]

The whole point of the main game is to show you design and to help you collect pieces to use in your own levels. Once people get a hang of the level editor, there are going to be hundreds of AAA+ quality levels (some probably by famous game studios)...enough to make the main game seem like a by product.

Once the servers go up, should we make a thread just for user created levels? Leave in game content and general discussion here, and created levels there? Just a thought.

[quote name='blackjaw']The whole point of the main game is to show you design and to help you collect pieces to use in your own levels. Once people get a hang of the level editor, there are going to be hundreds of AAA+ quality levels (some probably by famous game studios)...enough to make the main game seem like a by product.[/QUOTE]

Good point, the whole premise of the sackboy character is to be that blank slate. Black slate character in a blank slate world.

[quote name='Thomas96']Good point, the whole premise of the sackboy character is to be that blank slate. Black slate character in a blank slate world.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm on the last world right now, blew through the whole single player campaign in about a day and a half, but seeing those later levels (as the beta only had the first) has really opened my eyes to what I can do with the editor. If I realize what I can do after playing those last few levels, I can only imagine what someone with a level design/artistic background can do.

I'm looking forward to people that basically create a whole game just using the level editor...story, enemies, environments, etc....have their equivalent of 1-1 up to an end boss. If that happens, this game will be worth every penny and then some.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I imagine you could make a gun very easily out of the floating foam or something and there were levels in the beta with other types of weapons, like the Space Invaders level.[/quote]

I saw a video somewhere of a level where a guy had a sword and there were specific parts of a monster that you had to hit with the sword, so essentially the workaround is there because you could have some object that fires something (say a sword) and then triggers on a monster that those fired objects would need to hit.

Would probably be easier to make a turret than a gun sackboy carries.

I haven't been able to play any LBP today. I've just felt bad all day. And not being able to play LBP has only made it worse :(

So I decided to play it, despite my sickness, and boy...does this stuff cheer me up immensely. It just looks so fun. I just have to pause every so often and say wow. The last time I did this was a little Nintendo game called Super Metroid.

Thanks for the Pac-Man level video, it is really neat.

And yeah, this game has a very strong Nintendo-like quality to it.
Very original levels from MediaMolecule.

You know...I think Update 1.02 deleted a few things from my Poppit. I can't find my numbers or letters anyway anymore.

EDIT: I take that back. I'm just an idiot. I was looking in my tools and functions bags...not my stickers. D'OH!

Can someone put up a Dunce Cap picture in my honor in this thread?

[quote name='KingBroly']You know...I think Update 1.02 deleted a few things from my Poppit. I can't find my numbers or letters anyway anymore.

EDIT: I take that back. I'm just an idiot. I was looking in my tools and functions bags...not my stickers. D'OH!

Can someone put up a Dunce Cap picture in my honor in this thread?[/quote]
:dunce:

The reason I really fucking hate this game is because Mark Healey (founder of mediamolecule) is a huge bastard.

Before founding mm, he was responsible for the PC game Rag Doll Kung Fu, which he worked on mostly alone for several years, and eventually released via Steam in 2005 (he originally planned to release the game for free, but changed his mind and eventually wanted $15 for it, which is fair). The game was great, and I loved it, but it launched without a few of the promised features (namely, an editor). Well, he promised everything would come via updates soon.

It's been 3 years, and no updates whatsoever. The game has been abandoned. You load it up, and the title screen still has the option for the Editor grayed out and replaced with "Coming Soon." It's fairly obvious that he took the money from the release of RDKF and ran off to found mediamolecule, leaving his original supporters in the dust so that he could make his ugly-ass freakboy platformer.

And now the biggest slap in the face of all is that a new-and-improved remake of RDKF is coming exclusively to PSN. Ugh. I feel insulted now, for the years that I spent anticipating RDKF, and how I supported it upon release.

I don't just hate LBP because it stars the ugliest videogame characters since Boogerman. I hate it because the developer broke promises to, and abandoned his earliest supporters, to get it made. Ugh.

[quote name='KingBroly']I was hoping for a bigger picture...but I guess it'll do.[/QUOTE]
k36kg6.jpg

bread's done
Back