Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

I see the two BBs in my area have them in. I really like that the BB store check is now essentially real time (may be 30 minutes off) so I can save myself a trip if something's not in stock. If I don't grab this tonight I'll grab it when I'm grabbing Fallout 3 tomorrow.

The serves are getting hammered right now, so there's no guarantee you'll be able to sign on. I had issues signing on, and when I did, everything went very slow (compared to this morning).

I was just about to ask if anybody was having server issues, as I haven't been able to get into a community level and now I'm getting the typical server error from before the servers went up.

Frisky, take those prizes off your level.

The ones that you get in game normally.

Now I have two fringe dresses and can't delete the copy.

It took about 5 minutes for the God of War user created level to load. I have to say it was worth it though. If that is the type of quality we can expect from users over the lifespan of the game, I will be playing this for years. I'm going to wait until the servers are working normal to play any other user levels since I still need to beat the game anyway. Also, it looks like the preorder bonuses are shareable because I can go to the store and see the God of War pack and Nariko under my download list.

It was 5 mins because the servers are being hammered.

Should only take 10 seconds.
And yeah, it's very creative, you should heart that creator, 'geosautus"

[quote name='dallow']Frisky, take those prizes off your level.

The ones that you get in game normally.

Now I have two fringe dresses and can't delete the copy.[/quote]
If I could get online, I would get rid of those beta prizes. I'll do that when the servers are back on.

Anyone else order this from Amazon with release date delivery? I got an email last week about the delay and I think it mentioned the 27th as the new expected release, but I just checked my order status and it says it hasn't shipped yet. It actually still lists the release date as the 21st, so I'm wondering if the weirdness with the delay threw off their whole system.

[quote name='dallow']I guess that should be a tip for everyone.
Only do custom prizes, not stuff you get in the game.

Hopefully MM can fix that.[/quote]
Damn. Dallow's all mean and nasty today. :whistle2:( Kratos is mad about it, too.

I imagine it'll become a bigger issue as more people play the beta levels since that stuff were the default prizes they added for levels.

Depends on the level, creators have the ability to let people save their levels to their own moon, but I imagine that won't be a widely-used feature. Next to the Cool Levels option under the LBP planet is a Recent option which shows all of the recent levels you've played.

Alright, the issue's been fixed along with gluing the start, finish, and scoreboard items to the ground so they don't move around when driving into them.

Now my Play, Create, and Share scores are now fluctuating with the moody servers, so I'm hoping their original scores were saved on the servers so that they'll return eventually when they're stabilized.

I'm assuming they were/are, but:

The codes Nariko and Kratos were actually for parts that will not be obtainable via the game itself? I don't want to try and track these codes down if in fact the items are already on the game (and just scattered). If they are in fact unique, I guess I'm looking for them. Somebody PM me if they want to trade something for them. The closest GS and BB stores are 50+ miles one-way. I didn't want to make a trip for codes. :l

My copy hasn't come in from Amazon...though I went with the long-ass-delayed Super Saver shipping.

[quote name='Rig']I'm assuming they were/are, but:

The codes Nariko and Kratos were actually for parts that will not be obtainable via the game itself? I don't want to try and track these codes down if in fact the items are already on the game (and just scattered). If they are in fact unique, I guess I'm looking for them. Somebody PM me if they want to trade something for them. The closest GS and BB stores are 50+ miles one-way. I didn't want to make a trip for codes. :l

My copy hasn't come in from Amazon...though I went with the long-ass-delayed Super Saver shipping.[/quote]
They are unique as far as I've seen and heard, you may be able to make some knock-offs, but they won't be the official things.

If anyone wants to co-op, feel free to add me. I'm generally on anytime from 930p-1a EST. Also, if anyone would be willing to trade for/share a Nariko code, I would be in your debt. :D Stupid BB returned all their pre-order cases when the original copy of the game was recalled....

That's a pretty cool username.

[quote name='DarthPuma']My amazon copy just now shipped, and I had release date delivery selected lol.[/quote]

Thanks, I was wondering about that. I got release date delivery but no shipping notice yet.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They are unique as far as I've seen and heard, you may be able to make some knock-offs, but they won't be the official things.[/quote]

Thanks. I'm never sure anymore, especially since GS sometimes does those codes to unlock stuff early in-game. Guess I've gotta go code-hunting (or make the drive...ugh).

OK....I FINALLY found a copy of LBP. I didn't wait for my pre-order from Blockbuster to come in, ended up finding it at Best Buy for RETAIL price.

Ahhh well.....I'll give this a whirl tonight I think.....

Oh and metaly....I bought a Logitech USB headset from Gamestop for $20. So now I can hear you guys screaming 'wtf are you doing' when I go off on an escapade of my own in GTA IV.

[quote name='KingBroly']The servers are getting absolutely HAMMERED at this point. It's slowing down everything I do.[/QUOTE]

Are they still up? I just played and it wouldn't connect to the servers.

Edit: Nevermind, I see quite a few mentions on the previous pages.

Hi, I have 2 unscratched God Of War costume codes. I would like to trade them for a Nariko code. If not I will just give them away. Please let me know if you're interested. Thanks. My girl loves Heavenly Sword, and her birthday's tomorrow. I bought her a Wii, and I think the Nariko code is better... haha, in my opinion atleast. Thanks guys!

My PSN ID is LeftHook_SD

Wow you guys aren't joking with the servers being hammered. It took me a couple of minutes just to get in my pod. I guess I'll play offline for a day or two so hopefully they'll add more servers.

So far, some of the level designs are really good concepts. However, they're not entirely all thought out. Example. There's this level that's dark, and I mean dark you can't see. You go down, and you eventually have to climb back up. Well, for this you use a spring board and pendulums. Well, the pendulums aren't exactly what they should be and if you fall you fail because the spring flies out of place.

Also, there's this Mirror's Edge level that's pretty sweet. I got the #2 Worldwide score on it. :)

[quote name='fatez']the game codes are shareable up to 5 ps3 systems per account. it says so on the cards for the codes. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks!;)

Technically it says the costumes are allowed to be downloaded on up to 5 different systems, meaning you can't share the codes themselves but have to gameshare the costumes from your account.

The "Map Pack" for the Kratos code is just stickers. It isn't a level or 2 or whatever. It's just stickers. What those stickers are I don't know. The Nariko code is just the costume for Nariko.

I expect each of these to go up as DLC for LittleBigPlanet at some point, and will probably cost $2 each for Kratos/Nariko, $1 for everything else. I also expect just DLC pack after DLC pack for this game. It's going to be crazy.

[quote name='KingBroly']The "Map Pack" for the Kratos code is just stickers. It isn't a level or 2 or whatever. It's just stickers. What those stickers are I don't know. The Nariko code is just the costume for Nariko.

[/quote]

Possibly the stickers act as a trigger like the stickers found in game

[quote name='blackjaw']Meh, the servers are funky...tried to load up a Ninja Warrior level and it sat and loaded forever, then froze up.[/quote]

If only they beta tested the game before release to resolve any server load issues.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Lagging like crazy for me.... wtf is going on?![/quote]

Somebody at Media Molecule thought that having a beta test was a better as a publicity stunt than a practical tool to test server loads and tweak development.

I'm missing two items on Get a Grip (second level after the intro level) and I didn't see any spots I might have missed. On the prize list, they're both the third item from the right on the 5th and 8th rows.

bread's done
Back