Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='blackjaw']The trolls come out at night?[/quote]
That dude just posts to hate on PS3 games. I recognize his name from other stupid posts.

I've never laughed so hard at a video game before. I was literally in tears during the last game I was playing. Sackboy + those mine things = instant comedy. Especially when you're playing with two other guys who are trying to sound all hard and thug, which just makes it even funnier since they sound so out of place in LBP.

Got the game today...so far so good. Lot's of fun. One problem that I have, when I try to update to 1.03 it stays at 5 or 6% downloaded and then stops. Does anyone else have this problem?

[quote name='KingBroly']I wish there was a way to see how many community levels I've played/tagged/commented on.[/quote]
Basically like a history function?

[quote name='KingBroly']Ladies and Gentlemen, I just got BOOTY MASTER!!! The LittleSackPlatinum is all but assured!

Come on, I need 10 more people to heart me as an author to get Create![/quote]

Ya, I hearted you! Still waiting for YOUR heart!

2988997100_65fac4d63a.jpg

hahaha :)

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Basically like a history function?[/quote]

Yeah. I mean you can look at recent levels you've played, but you still have to count it up by hand.

I wish you could make your own costumes and have them as prizes in levels.

A little help here. How do you get items to give away in levels?

How to create a level? Manual says must complete first three levels of the garden-does this mean 100%? Tried making a level in my moon and wont work? Do I need to play the game more and get more objects? Thanks.

OK....something is telling me I have to wait until I have other abilities by completing the other developer made levels BEFORE I can get 100% on every level, right? As of now, I only have 41% on the second or third level the devs made and I know I've seen some other stuff up higher than I could get to.

Also, one of the early levels with the skateboard race toward the end, I missed the key and can't figure out for the life of me how to get it without restarting the level.

It's looking like I'm going to be needing the 300+ page guide for this game. Plus, I'm going to be needing someone's help in a couple of the levels to do the 2 player portions.

I played some really good user created levels last night. Arkham asylum and the azure temple (or something like that). Really impressed.

[quote name='dyeknom']I played some really good user created levels last night. Arkham asylum and the azure temple (or something like that). Really impressed.[/quote]

Yea, the Azure temple is pretty awesome.

I'm around if any CAGs want to play. Cartman058. Just tried to play the first Canyon level where you load the bombs on the cart, but these idiots kept jumping on them. We had to restart like 6 times. I finally just kicked them all.

Cartman, add me and we can play later today. Chibi and I have some 3x and 4x ones to get as well :)

[quote name='fatez']
2988997100_65fac4d63a.jpg
[/quote]

My oh my, Id kill for that costume.

[quote name='cartman58']Yea, the Azure temple is pretty awesome.

I'm around if any CAGs want to play. Cartman058. Just tried to play the first Canyon level where you load the bombs on the cart, but these idiots kept jumping on them. We had to restart like 6 times. I finally just kicked them all.[/quote]

Yeah, that 2x is really difficult sometimes to not blow yourself up.

Add me too for reasons dyeknom stated. :D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK....something is telling me I have to wait until I have other abilities by completing the other developer made levels BEFORE I can get 100% on every level, right? As of now, I only have 41% on the second or third level the devs made and I know I've seen some other stuff up higher than I could get to.

Also, one of the early levels with the skateboard race toward the end, I missed the key and can't figure out for the life of me how to get it without restarting the level.

It's looking like I'm going to be needing the 300+ page guide for this game. Plus, I'm going to be needing someone's help in a couple of the levels to do the 2 player portions.[/quote]

The hardest 2 player portion in the game is
Temples 3
where
Someone has to climb emitter blocks, going left to right which are activated by 2 switches (left or right). These blocks disappear as you go up. Then once one player reaches the top, you can either decide to do the same thing but the player at the top in control or the player at the top can go to the right for a checkpoint and the player at the bottom can respawn. And then it's basically an emitter-block footrace with climbing, alternating top and bottom emitter blocks over fire. Gets you 5 items. Good lord, it's HARD.

[quote name='KingBroly']The hardest 2 player portion in the game is
Temples 3
where
Someone has to climb emitter blocks, going left to right which are activated by 2 switches (left or right). These blocks disappear as you go up. Then once one player reaches the top, you can either decide to do the same thing but the player at the top in control or the player at the top can go to the right for a checkpoint and the player at the bottom can respawn. And then it's basically an emitter-block footrace with climbing, alternating top and bottom emitter blocks over fire. Gets you 5 items. Good lord, it's HARD.
[/quote]

That's still one I need to do, and now I don't wanna :cry:

[quote name='dyeknom']I played some really good user created levels last night. Arkham asylum and the azure temple (or something like that). Really impressed.[/quote]

I played a God Of War themed one(the one I saw on YouTube previously)and one other(don't remember what theme it had). Both were fun, but the one part in the GOW level had me severely frustrated. :whistle2:#

If you want a Kratos Pre-order code...might want to check out my blog. I'm giving one away.

I figured out that Recent Pages have 30 levels per page. So if you're going for Share (like me) getting to Page 6 should nab you that Trophy.

God, the first 2x in the first Canyons level is just awful. I've played it with atleast 10 different groups of people. I really think there is a group of people who intentionally go into this level just to jump on the bombs when other people are trying to get the items.

[quote name='KingBroly']One person heart me please. Seriously. This is silly with the countdown.[/quote]

Are the servers up? I can't connect. I'd heart you if I could.

[quote name='cartman58']Yea, the Azure temple is pretty awesome.

I'm around if any CAGs want to play. Cartman058. Just tried to play the first Canyon level where you load the bombs on the cart, but these idiots kept jumping on them. We had to restart like 6 times. I finally just kicked them all.[/quote]

cartman58, I'll try the canyon 2X with you if ya want. Add me.. Got a mic? I hate working these co-op levels when there's no communication.

I just played this black and white level that's on Page 1 of the Cool levels. It's called Midnight Sundries or something like that. WOW. That level is amazing.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Im making a SAW based level..

But cant figure out how to stop people from respawning..

mh..[/quote]

If it were 2 player, you could just make a spawn point (to start the level), and then put a ramp or car ride or something between it and the real start of the level.

That way, if anyone dies, they will be too far from the spawn point to just pop back up, and the other players can't just walk back over there and restart them.

It can obviously be done- based on the Tie jumping mini-game.

OK....I'm thinking the servers are down again, since I just tested my connection before powering on the PS3 and it tested fine. But when I tried to connect to the LBP servers, it's giving me an error.

Oh well....

[quote name='nbballard']If it were 2 player, you could just make a spawn point (to start the level), and then put a ramp or car ride or something between it and the real start of the level.

That way, if anyone dies, they will be too far from the spawn point to just pop back up, and the other players can't just walk back over there and restart them.

It can obviously be done- based on the Tie jumping mini-game.[/quote]

I wanted there to be more than 2 though.. 4 possibly.. mh.. damn too much to do in this game.

Playing online is friggin' laggy, really gets annoying when timing really counts.

It'll stutter step then move real fast and just happens randomly :mad:

One thing that is cool is that there's a Ninja Warrior level! That was awesome :lol:

You could move the respawn point to, lets say, into a pit of "death gas", once people move past a certain area, that way if they die they'll just continually die until they run out of lives.

Yea- you could put the spawn point over a bridge of the melting/disolving stuff, and put a switch on the otherside that causes it to fall after they walk across. Then if they do respawn, they pop up in fire or gas or something.

how do search for other levels online.. I'm enjoying the game overall, however I have to admit that with so much content everywhere, its kinda overwhelming. Also, you know what the way that LBP embraces the community of created content, I wish UT3 would have done something similar and at least make it possible to download some created content direclty from the game. [of course leaving out Trademark likenesses, like Samus, and Cloud and Sepiroth, etc.]

[quote name='Inf^Shini']One thing that is cool is that there's a Ninja Warrior level! That was awesome :lol:[/quote]

I must find this level!

Hell yea, it was pretty awesome. What's cooler is that some obsticals change once in a while.
[quote name='KingBroly']Highlight Cool Levels, press right on the analog stick to search

Someone made an AWESOME Air Man music theme stage.[/quote]
I saw your pop up on there showing your score on the Air Man stage, I'm still trying to look for it.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Im making a SAW based level..

But cant figure out how to stop people from respawning..

mh..[/quote]
Another idea that might work (and that may fit better with the Saw theme) is to have the spawn point inside of a room and have a trigger close the door to the room. Then you could just leave it as is or somehow fill the room with deadly stuff to kill anyone that "tries" to respawn.

There should be a place to just dl certain user made items and such. That way if a dude cant build a whole cool item maybe he could make a single awesome item like those cool chests in the God of War lvl.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They could just make that a reward for playing through their level.[/QUOTE]

Right but if they sucked at making levels there should be a space to put just singular awesome items.

[quote name='BREVITY']Right but if they sucked at making levels there should be a space to put just singular awesome items.[/quote]
They don't have to make an awesome level with it. I know there was a new level where the guy just made a tutorial of the items he had made to share them with people.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They don't have to make an awesome level with it. I know there was a new level where the guy just made a tutorial of the items he had made to share them with people.[/quote]

That's what I did. I have a crappy level, but an awesome lobster :)

Man, I just had my first freeze tonight when building a level with a buddy at my house. We played for about 3 hours and all of the sudden it just froze up. It was a good thing we were just screwing around (making rockets and elephants with rockets on their ass, and flame throwing cat rockets, etc)...I wouldve been pissed to lose a level that way.

bread's done
Back