Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I had to DL another patch for the game today(1.03), so maybe my local BB sold me a 'bad' copy, since that makes 2 patches since I got it on Monday.[/quote]
The original copy has a different UPC than the updated copy, both UPC's were posted a couple of pages back.

It's not that you have a bad copy. The patch actually makes the online stuff run a lot smoother for you. I downloaded the patch last night and was finally able to get online. Some of the user created levels are really fun, although I don't think I like the ones that are meant just to get you trophies.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']What the hell, why can't they sell it to you?[/QUOTE]

they still had the version with the "offensive Material" you know as an adult I don't give a damn if it came with a free copy of the Quron shrink wrapped to the game, just sell it to me... as an adult I dont feel that I should be inconvenienced, hell at this point I'd sign a waver saying I don't give a fuck about the offensive material and that i just want the game.

unfortunately I need to go through TRU because I did the b2g1 free deal, earlier this month, and I'm going to be trading for LBP.

I know the game just came out, but I wonder how long it will be until they make an official add on to introduce new elements. I saw an interview MM did with the guy that made the GoW level, and they asked him what elements he wishes he had in the editor. He told them he wanted to be able to control the rumble feature, and the ability to adjust lighting.

They aren't using a lot of the buttons on the control, which means they could open it up a lot more.

I'd just like to see some sort of hand cannon. I saw someone made a level where you fly around with jetpacks and hold an item that shot fireballs. It had a similar effect, but you couldn't really aim it at anything.

[quote name='OatmealMu'] A shame the siren doesn't turn on when the player gets close to danger.[/quote]

lol that would be awesome! I want that hat so bad. :)

Having a blast playing online with people. I'm going slowly and trying to get all of the items. It's definitely a ton of fun playing with people.

Got a question: I went through in single player and have beaten a lot of the levels. My girlfriend wants the stickers and things to dress up her person. If we play through it together and I pick up the items, will it give them to both of us? I know that if you do it online that it will, but my girlfriend and I were thinking that only the person that pops the bubble when you are playing offline will get the item. Any incite? It would be cool if we could just run through the levels and not fight when we come up to the bubble about who will get the item.

Yes, we've gone through this already. All pick-ups gotten are given to everyone's account (assuming they're on their own PSN account).

Also, I'm only 2 worlds (5 levels) from 100% Pick-Ups! I hope to complete it tonight or tomorrow with some people as I only need the 3-4 person pickups. Once I get them I can start making some really cool stuff.

Weird thing is the first time the wife and I played we both got any items that either of us picked up but she was signed in as a guest on Player 2. Then last night when we played she was upset that here characters saves were all gone (since she was guest) so I created a new account on my PS3 for her and when editing her sack-girl's appearance she did not have access to any of the stuff I had even though we were playing together.

So she used a different profile than the first time she played? Of course it's not going to carry over to a new profile. They're not going to transfer from your profile to her profile either, so you'll have to replay those levels so her profile has those items, as well.

Little Big Planet music is some of the best stuff since Katamari Damacy. Does anyone know the name of the music that plays in the Serpent Shrine? It's been stuck in my head for days, especially how the percussion layer comes in at the end.

I can't seem to find it online, and I haven't done the Tutorial mode yet to unlock/identify.

Story mode was awesome. Got my gold trophy for no lives lost and working on 100% now. :p I still haven't patched out Tapha Niang(?). Waiting till Week 1 shirts come out to go online!

Rolento, your level was great!

I still managed to beat it despite the glitched explosions. :)

[quote name='DestroVega']I won't have the game for another 3 weeks... what should I download?[/quote]Just get any free DLC from the PSN store today.

Weird. My beta level still shows the stupid prizes that are attached to it even when I try to overwrite it with the fixed version of that level. MM definitely needs to fix that issue with all of the beta levels out there.

Does that Jeff Green sticker level still work? I was about to play it when the server went down the first time.

I can live with that pricing scheme i guess. I know there is a thread for this, but does anyone want to set-up some gamesharing groups?

(i'm also interested in Buzz! trivia packs)

Looks like they'll have new costumes every week, or at least they say to check the blog every Wednesday.

Costumes that are coming soon along with examples of types of releases they're planning:

• Seasonal & Limited Time Only Costumes - FREE
    The “launch” SpaceSuit and Halloween mask is a perfect example of this. These types of items will be available for a short amount of time only so look for these around special events and holidays.

• Community Costumes - FREE
    Remember LittleBigChallenge 003? We’re finalizing the winners now, so stay tuned. These will be available for free and over time, you’ll see more and more of these types of free downloads for LBP community.

• SackBoy Costumes - $0.99 each
    Continue to customize your SackBoy/SackGirl with brand new outfits that will be available in a variety of themes and designs. Here’s a sneak peek of a few costumes in the works…
  • Premium SackBoy Costumes - $1.99 each
    Its no secret, that we love the rest of the PlayStation family and we want the SackPeople to be able to dress up as their favorite characters. Stay tuned for more announcements with new costumes from our PlayStation family and even some outside the family… Here’s a few of the ones we’ve already announced…
    2926354894_f813897e02_m.jpg

• RARE SackBoy Costumes - $?.??
    In time, we’re hoping to introduce very rare items that are both only available for a certain amount of time and extremely collectible. We’ve previously announced the such an item, the “RARE Mm T-shirt”, but in North America, we’re waiting for the right time to introduce into the PS Store. Stay tuned…

• Basic SackBoy Costume Bundle - $2.99
    At times, we’ll offer four basic costumes at a great price…to make things easier for the ‘must collect everything I see’ personalities

• Premium SackBoy Costume Bundle - $5.99
    Similar to the Basic SackBoy Costume Bundle, this premium version consists of four premium costumes for the price of three. All characters in premium bundles will revolve around a certain theme…more info to come in the near future.

yeah, glad to see bundles. I like that I can pick and choose too since I can see stuff I'd use and stuff I wouldn't... the muscle body on the gorilla will be great for alot of designs.

[quote name='dallow']Rolento, your level was great!

I still managed to beat it despite the glitched explosions. :)

Just get any free DLC from the PSN store today.[/quote]

thanks... I need to fix the end since it's a bit badly made when it gets to that part...

I'm going to start designing a new level tonight... gotta figure out a unique setup though.

more people try out my level and post impressions but expect a buggy end ;)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']more people try out my level and post impressions but expect a buggy end ;)[/quote]

Rolento, will you sig your levels as they come out? I'm interested in what CAG's make, but I don't have the time/interest to chase them down.

Sorry I'm not sticking with the flow of this thread. However, at over 110+ pages, it's not streamlined and I'm a grad student. Not getting onto you Rolento, posting this regarding to someone who got onto me for not knowing something that was mentioned X pages back.

Anyone have the Gamestop pre-order crap items missing from their costume selection after the 1.03 patch? Looks like the Kratos/minotaur/medusa items are all gone.. And I can't find out how to access the exclusive level.

OVERRATED! Little Big Planet is OVERRATED! How long do all you guys think you'll guys keep playing this game after the novelty wears off? I'll play it maybe 2-3 more weeks...then there is Gears of War 2. You might play it twice every 2-3 weeks just for the created levels (with 85% of them sucking). This is what LBP needs via patches, or moders: WEAPONS!! something that you can grab and move. Lick I spiked thing u can pick up wth a jet pack and poke people. Somethign fresh and new. This game will get old sooner than you think

Thank god allstronglovin told me that before i went out and bought it!! I nearly got seduced by all the great reviews and people loving it but you thought different and you saved me man, you saved me.

I love you and want you.. pm me babe.

Anyone have a Kratos code they can spare?

I played a few games with DesertEagleXIX and his friends, good times.
I think some were stoned.

[quote name='allstronglovin']OVERRATED! Little Big Planet is OVERRATED! How long do all you guys think you'll guys keep playing this game after the novelty wears off? I'll play it maybe 2-3 more weeks...then there is Gears of War 2. You might play it twice every 2-3 weeks just for the created levels (with 85% of them sucking). This is what LBP needs via patches, or moders: WEAPONS!! something that you can grab and move. Lick I spiked thing u can pick up wth a jet pack and poke people. Somethign fresh and new. This game will get old sooner than you think[/quote]
LOL

[quote name='Sinistar']Anyone have the Gamestop pre-order crap items missing from their costume selection after the 1.03 patch? Looks like the Kratos/minotaur/medusa items are all gone.. And I can't find out how to access the exclusive level.[/quote]

i havent updated yet but i didnt see the level either.At least it wasnt able to be downloaded after entering the kratos code.

Also how do you share the codes? I remember reading that each code can be used 5 times.

I am haing a blast playing this game! Today I actually got to play online with other people but none of my friends were on.... later on when my friends were on I could not connect to the servers LOL! Oh well......

Ladies and Gentlemen, I just got BOOTY MASTER!!! The LittleSackPlatinum is all but assured!

Come on, I need 10 more people to heart me as an author to get Create!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='allstronglovin']OVERRATED! Little Big Planet is OVERRATED! How long do all you guys think you'll guys keep playing this game after the novelty wears off? I'll play it maybe 2-3 more weeks...then there is Gears of War 2. You might play it twice every 2-3 weeks just for the created levels (with 85% of them sucking). This is what LBP needs via patches, or moders: WEAPONS!! something that you can grab and move. Lick I spiked thing u can pick up wth a jet pack and poke people. Somethign fresh and new. This game will get old sooner than you think[/QUOTE]

The trolls come out at night?

I updated my level to be less messy at the end. I may have to fix it up a little more later but so far it works alot better now. go check it out... same level but now it says 1.1 in the description with the level changes.

I was scared it would overwrite all the comments and plays once re-uploaded with the updated version but after I copied it over it kept everything. nice!

I also feel stupid now... even in the beta I never knew I could flatten or stretch objects along the planes... I saw so many people using flat elements and wondered how then bam... R1/R2... man I'm stupid.

Weird, no DLC for LBP this week? They should of given us the Jack-O-Lantern custome atleast cause Halloween is tomorrow but we gotta wait till next week? How odd. :x

Getting 100% items doesn't give you the all items bonus in levels. You have to actually finish the level again at some point, although it doesn't affect your Trophy status (they're not considered story pick-up items I guess).

Still having networks errors though. I managed to play a few 4 player games tonight, and at certain times, everything went all weird, often times resulting in death. At least you can stay in games now for the most part.

Oh, and I guess having the Halloween costume after Halloween falls under the "Simpsons Did It" category.

yeah... I'm oddly surprised to not see many people playing around with the costume features... in particular people don't make their own characters using stickers and decorations... I don't think people realize they can put decorations on their sackboys...

Hehe hey rolento, I didn't know that it was you playing with us last night. I thought you were some random the whole time. Hehe. Should've seen it before you came in the game. I was placing all sorts of random isht on MAD while he was looking up some levels.

On another note...any figure out how to "hover" with an object? I want to make a "wipeout" level but the car itself isn't working out right. Using rockets but cant seem to get the right combo to hover in place.

[quote name='Sinistar']Anyone have the Gamestop pre-order crap items missing from their costume selection after the 1.03 patch? Looks like the Kratos/minotaur/medusa items are all gone.. And I can't find out how to access the exclusive level.[/quote]

EDIT: you have to "re-download" the costumes so you can use them again. Just check it out right now.

[quote name='Psykodelik']Hehe hey rolento, I didn't know that it was you playing with us last night. I thought you were some random the whole time. Hehe. Should've seen it before you came in the game. I was placing all sorts of random isht on MAD while he was looking up some levels.

On another note...any figure out how to "hover" with an object? I want to make a "wipeout" level but the car itself isn't working out right. Using rockets but cant seem to get the right combo to hover in place.[/quote]

nice! didn't realize that was you either. badassery! :bouncy:

Got the Socialite trophy which is one that I thought would be annoying to get because everyone either runs past the sign that doesn't allow anyone to enter or get tired of waiting for a new person and leaves. Also snagged the Top of the Class trophy. Now, I need to get the one by playing with 3 people on my friends' list. I'm lookin' at you people.

[quote name='allstronglovin']OVERRATED! Little Big Planet is OVERRATED! How long do all you guys think you'll guys keep playing this game after the novelty wears off? I'll play it maybe 2-3 more weeks...then there is Gears of War 2. You might play it twice every 2-3 weeks just for the created levels (with 85% of them sucking). This is what LBP needs via patches, or moders: WEAPONS!! something that you can grab and move. Lick I spiked thing u can pick up wth a jet pack and poke people. Somethign fresh and new. This game will get old sooner than you think[/quote]

You are not a piece of shit at all. Not one bit.

I wish this didn't get delayed. Fallout 3 is just holding my attention more than I thought it would. Still, LBP is a great game!

[quote name='Kendal']You are not a piece of shit at all. Not one bit.

I wish this didn't get delayed. Fallout 3 is just holding my attention more than I thought it would. Still, LBP is a great game![/quote]

look at it this way: not playing LBP now is a good thing... why? it gets better over time.

bread's done
Back