Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

Damn I really need to decide where I want to pre-order this. I was going to go to Gamestop today to pre-order some other games, maybe I should just pre-order this there too. I think I would enjoy the Kratos skin as much as any of the other bonuses honestly.

Official box art for the US release.
custom_1219981686717_lbpcover_01.jpg

Much better looking IMO.

i like the new boxart, but dunno if i like the banners with "only on playstation" and "playstation network" on top. is this gonna be a sony-developed thing? it was also on the resistance 2 covers.

where is everyone preordering this? i think i'm gonna go with gamecrazy and get the pouch.

The top tabs look so fake. Why just say "PlayStation" instead of "PlayStation 3?" The PSN logo could just have gone on the bottom with the other logos. Looks good otherwise.

the top tabs probably wont be on the package at all when you pick it up since it may just be placeholder for the clear area of the case a the top... hopefully though I think I'm wrong.

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']i like the new boxart, but dunno if i like the banners with "only on playstation" and "playstation network" on top. is this gonna be a sony-developed thing? it was also on the resistance 2 covers.

where is everyone preordering this? i think i'm gonna go with gamecrazy and get the pouch.[/quote]

If you have a GC you should get the pouch... There are many of us without the ability to get the best pre-order bonus... :(

At my local Game Stop, all the pre-order boxes have a big "$49.99" sticker on them. Do you think that could be a mistake or could that be the actual price?
edit: My store is run by idiots. They had the wrong price up. Sorry for any confusion.

BTW : Here's the Sackzilla trailer. It looks better in HD from the PSN store, but you sorta get the idea here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXp4ednGYcc

Last edited by a moderator:
If anybody can get an extra pouch, i have an extra unscratched Kratos download card i'd trade for one. I actually would trade it for about any of the other lbp preorder stuff.

[quote name='Decker']At my local Game Stop, all the pre-order boxes have a big "$49.99" sticker on them. Do you think that could be a mistake or could that be the actual price?
edit: My store is run by idiots. They had the wrong price up. Sorry for any confusion.[/quote]
I wouldn't take that answer actually. My GS had the same display in Orlando FL. I'm wondering the same thing.

[quote name='StoneCold316']I wouldn't take that answer actually. My GS had the same display in Orlando FL. I'm wondering the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Same display boxes but it had the PC logo on it. No PS3 mentioned. The guy behind the counter said that the PS3 version will be $60. We'll see.

[quote name='Morphine']I wouldn't put my money on it being a console mover, despite all hype[/quote]

I think as a holiday title it will help people who are undecided between PS3 and 360 get a PS3. I also still feel if advertised right (Today Show), perhaps alongside Afrika, it could do really well with parents especially with Disney content available. I think a lot may depend on how big the market for dads who want a reason to share a non-wii system with their kids (justify it to their wives) is (remember Blu-ray could help here as well).

Maybe a TRU family dundle with the system, LBP, Afrika, and a second controller for $500.

Yes I assume they will get Afrika out in the US by Black Friday and if they don't Sony is retarded.

I will be buying LBP but I am not convinced it will move consoles. Families first look at getting a Wii. It is doing far better than both the PS3 and 360 combined. If they already have a Wii, and are looking for something else you cannot count MS out either. The new $199 price and two new $40 games - Viva Pinata and Banjo Kazooie - is also being targeted at the family market. Good time to be a gamer this fall.

I seriously doubt this will be a system seller. I would guess a good deal of families who would push hardware and software sales are the Wal-Mart crowd. With gas prices still lingering at a crippling level to some of these families, the cost of a game system like the PS3 prohibits a large amount of people to pick up the system.

[quote name='Vanigan']He linked to the wrong video, he updated his post.[/quote]

Ahh thanks, I've been wondering about that for a while. The Dissidia video did make me check out the PSP thread and it looks very cool.

Back on topic, these LBP trailers just keep getting better. I love how after she's crushed the eyes kind of hang in the air like they're the googly eye things from when I was little. The music is great as well (I hope all of the stuff from trailers makes its way in game).

Ugh, why does this game have to look so damn awesome?

Anyway, is this going to support 1080p? The monitor in my room only does 1080p and I've preferred gaming in there lately more than I have in my living room.

[quote name='jmillion']ill probably reserve @ Gamestop, get the code and just get my $5 back later. i did that for WWE SvR 08 to get the demo.[/quote]

Be prepared to be attacked verbally.

They get so pissed (possibly only at my store) when you cancel a game. They were mean to me for the rest of the month.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I wonder how many people that don't have a PS3 are interested in this game and are thinking of switching over to try it out.[/quote]

*raises hand*

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Be prepared to be attacked verbally.

They get so pissed (possibly only at my store) when you cancel a game. They were mean to me for the rest of the month.[/quote]
i have 3 gamestops within 5mins of walkin distance b/w each other. when i did it for WWE i think i did it like a month or so later. just say i got it somewhere cheaper, which i probably will. and i guess ill go to Best Buy too. =)

Anyone know if I can use both codes (Kratos and Nariko)? Currently have a pre-order at gamestop, but will probably cancel and get one at Best Buy. Don't like cheating gamestop out of a pre-order bonus, but I also hate the fact that everyone who pre-orders will miss out on 3/4ths of the pre-order bonuses.

[quote name='dpatel']Anyone know if I can use both codes (Kratos and Nariko)? Currently have a pre-order at gamestop, but will probably cancel and get one at Best Buy. Don't like cheating gamestop out of a pre-order bonus, but I also hate the fact that everyone who pre-orders will miss out on 3/4ths of the pre-order bonuses.[/QUOTE]
I dont see why not

bread's done
Back