Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

Good Move:

littlebigplanet_dualshocks.jpg

What the heck is up with my beta?

I got to the part where you're in the clubhouse, and it tells you a bit about littlebigplanet and what not... then i click the world, click the area, and click play, and it says failed to create game. Am I missing something here? Even after restarting and trying again the same error occurred.

I got to play user created levels today, nothing spectacular, but some were decent (there was one where you shoot a cannon at a dinosaur that was good). I did it all online so I went through a bunch with another guy with no lag (occasionally when others joined us there would be some lag).

Playing through levels with other people is a lot of fun though, the communication you can do through the game is really perfect and it makes otherwise mediocre levels very entertaining.

Just started playing the beta today. I've got a logitech 9000 pro webcam that works fine in burnout but it doesn't seem to want to work for lbp. Do I really need a ps eye for it to work?

The user created content for this game is just unreal. It's fantastic. I found a level called "XBox 360 vs. PS3".. It asks me which is better, I choose the 360, it goes "WRONG ANSWER!" and the platform blows up then I have to take a "walk of shame" then swing over a stack of malfunctioning 360 consoles, each with the red ring of death. I come across a car and a bubble pops up and goes "Okay, you can have a ride" so it takes off, then it goes "NOT!" and blows up.. fantastic

[quote name='MillerTime2523']What the heck is up with my beta?

I got to the part where you're in the clubhouse, and it tells you a bit about littlebigplanet and what not... then i click the world, click the area, and click play, and it says failed to create game. Am I missing something here? Even after restarting and trying again the same error occurred.[/quote]

I've got the same issue. I...can't do anything until it decides to work?

Okay.. any items I get while playing in user created levels don't show up in my popit.. any idea why? I love some of the stickers I've got in the levels..

The LBP servers and beta is a bit unstable right now. Some things aren't saving properly and sometimes your whole save file corrupts.

It's the same with community stickers.

Anyone play the Little brain age level, or whatever it's called? It starts out with a math problem but I can't figure out how to answer. Am I supposed to have stickers for all the numbers?

So..quick question. Trying to hang things up in the background with a blank template...how do you all do it? I ended up making a large square of material in the back plane and bolting stuff to it, but the item in the back plane has a max size so it looks uber stupid.

Any builder's tips around here?

[quote name='Scorch']The user created content for this game is just unreal. It's fantastic. I found a level called "XBox 360 vs. PS3".. It asks me which is better, I choose the 360, it goes "WRONG ANSWER!" and the platform blows up then I have to take a "walk of shame" then swing over a stack of malfunctioning 360 consoles, each with the red ring of death. I come across a car and a bubble pops up and goes "Okay, you can have a ride" so it takes off, then it goes "NOT!" and blows up.. fantastic[/quote]

You sold the game right there. This game looks like the cats pajamas. It also has crossover appeal - eat your heart out nintendo!!1!

[quote name='cdietschrun']So..quick question. Trying to hang things up in the background with a blank template...how do you all do it? I ended up making a large square of material in the back plane and bolting stuff to it, but the item in the back plane has a max size so it looks uber stupid.

Any builder's tips around here?[/quote]

grey matter will stick to empty background and you can hang stuff using string such as clouds or stars. so you can use it for pretty much anything.

[quote name='smiggity']Check out my level..It is titled-Rampnasty. Let me know what you guys think[/quote]

Ramp Nasty??? LOL - I will try this out tonight.

I must say, I was caught off guard by this game, it was not really on my wanted list or anything like that, but after spending a couple of days with it I think I'm in love...:drool:

[quote name='Scorch']The user created content for this game is just unreal. It's fantastic. I found a level called "XBox 360 vs. PS3".. It asks me which is better, I choose the 360, it goes "WRONG ANSWER!" and the platform blows up then I have to take a "walk of shame" then swing over a stack of malfunctioning 360 consoles, each with the red ring of death. I come across a car and a bubble pops up and goes "Okay, you can have a ride" so it takes off, then it goes "NOT!" and blows up.. fantastic[/quote]
yea i played this level last nite. i was in tears the whole time. cuz knowing me i picked 360 1st. :lol::lol:

Do yourselves a favor and play the levels from RandomWaltz. But don't do the Ice Labyrinth one. All his other levels are really, really well made with actual challenging (but not frustrating) platforming gameplay.

Hey everyone,

I just got my Beta on thursday, I stayed up all night last night because I was inspired to make a level based on Silent Hill and I think it came out pretty freakin' cool.

It's called "LittleSilentBigHill (beta)"

There's prizes and even a (secret) prize. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

thanks,
Fred (aka Doc Zaius)

[quote name='mykee98']Ramp Nasty??? LOL - I will try this out tonight.[/quote]

At the very least, the names of my levels will be entertaining:lol:

Darkness you better hurry up! The beta ends tonight!

[quote name='Scorch']The user created content for this game is just unreal. It's fantastic. I found a level called "XBox 360 vs. PS3".. It asks me which is better, I choose the 360, it goes "WRONG ANSWER!" and the platform blows up then I have to take a "walk of shame" then swing over a stack of malfunctioning 360 consoles, each with the red ring of death. I come across a car and a bubble pops up and goes "Okay, you can have a ride" so it takes off, then it goes "NOT!" and blows up.. fantastic[/quote]Haha, I was playing this too!

I saw TheManaKnight playing so I joined him, and this was in his created levels.
Maybe he copied it from the online levels.

I was laughing.

Man, some of these levels are so creative.
The MGS: Return to Shadow Moses level was really cool. Complete with codecs.

There's also a level that's a simple calculator, but there's a jet pack that shows all the microchips he used to create it, it's HUGE.

Amazing game.

[quote name='bordjon']If you haven't played a "a boy and his cube" level - it's a must play - portal theme - great, great level.[/quote]

Hey guys, I took down a level and put up my revised version of that level. It's a bit longer now (still takes...2 minutes, tops...if you don't screw up early on), but it's not hard at all. It's called "Choices". I made a video about it in the latest blog post if you want to see how I made it/how to beat it.

[quote name='dallow']
I saw TheManaKnight playing so I joined him, and this was in his created levels.
Maybe he copied it from the online levels.

I was laughing.

Man, some of these levels are so creative.

There's also a level that's a simple calculator, but there's a jet pack that shows all the microchips he used to create it, it's HUGE.

Amazing game.[/QUOTE]I did copy the level over. I tried creating a level, but there is next to nothing in it. I plan to create levels when the full version comes out (I'm going to spend a lot of time trying to come up with something).

Some levels are very impressive, such as Hallow Bastion(sp). I recommend everyone play that level (I played it with SmogItUp).

I just played it, and WOW. Also, there's no way in hell that is not one of the God of War Gamestop pack levels. There's just no damn way. It's way too complex.

Since the beta ends in less than 24 hours, I recommend EVERYONE who has the beta play it before it expires, becuase...damn. It may be your only chance.

EDIT: I want to kill this poster for this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13184458&postcount=454 >_< NOT FAIR!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I renamed my level to: Winkle and the Stolen Stars.

Haha, it's a weird name. But I wanted something unique there were 5 levels named Lights Out.

Please try it =D I've been playing your guys levels and I love em a lot. I'll post all my feedback soon.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Did any of you guys played the God of War level yet? It's amazing, and completely captures the feeling of playing a God of War game... I love it. :)[/quote]

Ya it's so awesome. But I have a big feeling that some of these are made by Media Molecule guys, just making it seem like anyone can do it and that its really easy. I've looked at the treasure chest's in the game and I still have no idea how he made that.

IF i preorder from bestbuy can i just get that codepack or whatever that same day? and then pick up my purchase from gamestop with kratos pack?

am i missing any other places that might have these

also can't i just get this things from DLC later on?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I renamed my level to: Winkle and the Stolen Stars.
[/QUOTE]
The level just ends without you getting to play any actual level.
Waste of time.

The naughty levels you see in youtube videos are usually private and unpublished. Those that are published are quickly flagged as bad by the quick and easy content reporting system.

To report something all you have to do is hit the Select button and you can take a screenshot that is tagged with all sorts of info, then sent to the moderators.

Thankfully, for those who do want to pass around risque content, they'll have a way to invite only friends and certain people to levels that aren't public.

Everyone go play the "GAF Prison Cube" level. By far the best one I've played, and has me reconsidering my decision to not buy the game.

[quote name='dallow']
[/QUOTE]
I was enjoying this one but I got stuck and pissed off. After getting the PAL card I couldn't go anywhere. It seemed like I was supposed to take the elevator back down, but since I couldn't see the elevator, and because it was very hard to stand on because it was in the in-between layer, I couldn't do anything. Little help?

bread's done
Back