Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

I sure am glad that he left his PSN ID on there...

Seriously?
I think gamers should protest all negative portrayal (excessive eating, ground shaking whilst moving, etc) of fat people in games, because it is offensive.

I think we should remove all religous references in video games, especially when they are the "bad guys" because they are obviously meant to portray real religions... and it is deeply offensive.

People need to seriously grow the fuck up. If they find the game that offensive, don't fucking purchase it. Go buy Hello Kitty Adventure Island and live in a happy land full of fucking parental content blocks. Censorship based on some complaints by some over-sensitive asshats is seriously getting old, the world doesn't owe you anything. Deal with it.

On top of that, the games have been printed and distributed, way to be eco-friendly... asshats. Maybe they can sit in the ET dump while we waste materials to print 2 million more copies.

I want to know the surrounding lyrics around those phrases. Also, someone pointed out that this song has been around for about two years already and has never been criticized for "offensive" material.

If that song is still publicly available after this dilemma, somethin' is up...

Oops..

Sony drops the ball again!

It's really going to be hard to get my interest up for this now, considering it comes out AFTER:

Far Cry 2, Fable 2, Left 4 Dead, Resistance 2, Gears 2, Dead Space, and Castlevania.

I think people are going to be spent before LBP hits..

I may not pick up LittleBigPlanet until much later if every store honors the new release date. World at War and Gears 2 releases before, and those two games will suck up a lot of time. Next week would have been a great release date for LBP. Releasing the title on 11/14 has to hurt sales.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']My walmart still has it out.. now its tempting to buy a bunch of copies lol[/quote]

Doing a quick check on Ebay shows the crazy period has not started as it seems power sellers are selling it for close to retail.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']If that song is still publicly available after this dilemma, somethin' is up...[/quote]
What does that have to do with anything?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Eh, that's not too late IMO. As long as it's out sometime in November, I'm all right.

But let me try to explain this to EVERYONE before they blow things out of proportion. I know some people may think, why not just patch the game online. The problem is that around 50% of the PS3 userbase or higher doesn't even connect their PS3 through the internet. The reason you still be two SingStar disc per year, a Rock Band each year, or other games on disc (although it can be updated via patches) is because there's still quite a number of people who do not connect their consoles online and cannot obtain the patch (some are afraid of a console getting a virus, some have no broadband, some think it's too difficult to do, some have no router and refuse to get one, some have no internet, and so on). I definitely believe it because the majority of PS3 owners I have talked to in retailers, they may wonder about a game, and I asked them if they played the demo in the PS Store. They are like what's a PS Store and no their console isn't connected online. If everyone connected, it wouldn't be a problem, but that's still far from being the case.[/QUOTE]
I think the people who buy LBP will be 80-90% connected to the interwebs.
Isn't user created content at least 1/2 of the experience of this game? A patch would have been a perfectly reasonable concession.

Lastly, here's a picture depicting Mohammed as a donut. With sprinkles.
pink_sprinkled_donut.jpg

If anyone thinks about it for a bit, this is some crazy publicity for the Qur'an -- I bet people who are aggravated enough by this last-minute delay will actually go and get a copy of the Qur'an to contest what is (about this incident) forbidden, looked down upon, etc.

As far as I can tell, the song featured a tajwid (recitation) with just a musical backdrop -- however, I can't find any references to where, as long as the rules of tajwid are observed, recitation of the Qur'an is forbidden in music except by society.

I would imagine being offended if someone just made the song out of thinking it 'sounded cool'; however, I imagine that, like other religions, there are different societal understandings and acceptances to worship of the same religion. Did the person who made the song, Toumani Diabate, get a lot of flak for his song, or is it just because the song is in a game that makes it offensive? There's a lot of questions and answers for the controversy -- as far as I can tell, no one has really looked into it except a handful of people... most people just read the article and the letter to Sony and take it on at face-value.

So they're not recalling in America?

Hehe, better resell my copy back to the UK.

I still got a good deal on one of my copies.
$62, which is better than $60 + tax.

[quote name='jer7583']Oops..

Sony drops the ball again!

It's really going to be hard to get my interest up for this now, considering it comes out AFTER:

Far Cry 2, Fable 2, Left 4 Dead, Resistance 2, Gears 2, Dead Space, and Castlevania.

I think people are going to be spent before LBP hits..[/quote]Phew, only delayed a week now in USA.

You can buy and play it again now Jer.
Oh wait, you weren't going to anyway.

[quote name='chakan']I think the people who buy LBP will be 80-90% connected to the interwebs.
Isn't user created content at least 1/2 of the experience of this game? A patch would have been a perfectly reasonable concession.
[/QUOTE]There's no denying most people buying it have online. However, there's still quite a bit of people who have no online for the PS3, see it as a 2D platformer in the vein of Mario/Sonic and will buy it just because of that. Some casuals even bought Warhawk not knowing it was online multi-player only, just because of the cool boxart and stuff. Most of those with no internet do next to no research before buying games also. They may think the user created content is create your own levels and transport them to other PS3 consoles via some media. Regardless if a game has online or online only, there's still a percentage buying who have no internet (It's very true).

The new release date is fine. Now I may be buying three SCEA games that week. :D
LBP, MotorStorm: PR, and SingStar Volume 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dallow']So they're not recalling in America?

Hehe, better resell my copy back to the UK.

I still got a good deal on one of my copies.
$62, which is better than $60 + tax.[/quote]

It was supposed to come out on the 21st of October in North America but it's been delayed for only a week.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']What does that have to do with anything?[/quote]
If the song is really that bad, according to the Muslims who claim that, then action should of been taken against the song a long time ago, they had at least two years to say something.

One person who commented tried to explain it (but wasn't exactly sure on the specifics) which further leads me to question why the song still exists at all if it's that bad:

The reason behind the controversy is because it’s against the Islamic religion to mix direct quotes from the Qu’ran with music or some form of media

According to the Playstation Blog:
We will begin shipping LittleBigPlanet to retail in North America the week of October 27th.

This really left a bad taste in my mouth. I may not get the game because of Fallout3. But god dammit now I have to wait another fucking week to play my first game of the fall.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I guess I'm fine with waiting one more week, but I wonder what this will do to the special week-one DLC...[/quote]
Maybe a "no one was here week one" t-shirt is in order.

Fix title please. Only a week delay in the US.
Sorry Europe.

I wonder, why even delay the game at all in the US, the stores already have it and the patch is already finished according to MM.

October 27 works. I renege my comments. LBP releases before World at War and Gears 2. I'll have time to get some LBP play in before my free time becomes property of those two titles.

[quote name='zakai']If anyone thinks about it for a bit, this is some crazy publicity for the Qur'an -- I bet people who are aggravated enough by this last-minute delay will actually go and get a copy of the Qur'an to contest what is (about this incident) forbidden, looked down upon, etc.
[/quote]

Mind you, I'm not one to take stuff that hasn't even been released yet 'offensive', but I've found worse things that even I deemed offensive(like the one 9/11 'simulator', where you had to try and escape from the burning twin towers or the JFK assassination game where you played AS Oswald).

This is coming from someone who was sending 2 girls 1 cup( or 'The Church Of Fudge', which is highly sacrilegious) to his friends for the sake of grossing them out, so I find sick shit funny as hell while others would find it offensive.

But censorship is annoying, people are so fuckin' politically correct. You can't say this, you can't do that, you might 'offend' someone.

Personally, if I gave a shit(but I don't since I haven't played the game since it's not out yet), I'd buy a copy of the Quran, find a mosque and proceed to light the Quran on fire, take a shit on it, piss on it, then invite others to do the same in protest.

But that's just me, since I find all of this PC garbage to be just that. But video games are FUN for me, not serious business, so I won't do the aforementioned Quran desecration.

Though I am tempted to try and get LBP from Blockbuster today, since they said they get their games on Fridays. I think I'll try for it later tonight.

WOW.

In a tragic/hilarious twist, the person who originally complained and found the error is an active NeoGAF member. And he's a known Nintendo zealot (sup Jer).
He just posted in the LBP thread over there. :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']For the poor ones without internet?[/quote]
How does that help them?
You think they recalled all those discs/manuals/bundles in and out within a week?

Didn't even realize there was an issue with LBP til just now. All the Blockbuster's in my area have them on the shelf, ready to go. We had them 24 hours before the original release date.

[quote name='dallow']WOW.

In a tragic/hilarious twist, the person who originally complained and found the error is an active NeoGAF member. And he's a known Nintendo zealot (sup Jer).
He just posted in the LBP thread over there. :lol:[/quote]
You must scour the internet non-stop :eek:

Where's his post at?

Edit: Nm, I found it, and your post about overpaying $30 ;)

[quote name='dallow']How does that help them?
You think they recalled all those discs/manuals/bundles in and out within a week?[/quote]
Because a patch would be useless for them? I don't know about having them shipped back already, but they said on the blog post that the new copies will be shipping out to stores on the 27th, so it's kind of official now. I imagine that they don't want a Kakuto Chojin pulled on the game in the future, so they're trying to get those copies out of there ASAP.

[quote name='Warner1281']Didn't even realize there was an issue with LBP til just now. All the Blockbuster's in my area have them on the shelf, ready to go. We had them 24 hours before the original release date.[/quote]
Are you in the future? 24 hours before the original release date would be Sunday night/Monday morning.

It this is truly being delayed to appease a bunch of fanatical jackasses on the basis of political correctness, consider my pre-order canceled.

And yeah, the complaint came from a guy who already had the game for a a few days now. He won't be missing out.
And lol, at his old thread about some pedo-looking game for the DS. No need to complain about that one!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Because a patch would be useless for them? I don't know about having them shipped back already, but they said on the blog post that the new copies will be shipping out to stores on the 27th, so it's kind of official now. I imagine that they don't want a Kakuto Chojin pulled on the game in the future, so they're trying to get those copies out of there ASAP.[/quote]Just blows my mind that they can do it that quickly.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']There's no denying most people buying it have online. However, there's still quite a bit of people who have no online for the PS3, see it as a 2D platformer in the vein of Mario/Sonic and will buy it just because of that. Some casuals even bought Warhawk not knowing it was online multi-player only, just because of the cool boxart and stuff. Most of those with no internet do next to no research before buying games also. They may think the user created content is create your own levels and transport them to other PS3 consoles via some media. Regardless if a game has online or online only, there's still a percentage buying who have no internet (It's very true).

The new release date is fine. Now I may be buying three SCEA games that week. :D
LBP, MotorStorm: PR, and SingStar Volume 2.[/quote]

Anyone who buys a game "beacause the boxart is cool" is an idiot. I highly doubt it happens. The people who buy sixty dollar games are not the people who get excited over a flashy toy.

Also anyone passing on this game for a reason like this is doing themselves a disservice.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']It this is truly being delayed to appease a bunch of fanatical jackasses on the basis of political correctness, consider my pre-order canceled.[/quote]

Its only a week, but I agree.

It's only a week. Calm down, people. After the whole Mohammed comic issue, I'm sure no one wants to piss off the Muslim extremists that like to kidnap and behead people. It gets kind of messy if the lead developer of the game ends up on a video on Al-Jazeera.

[quote name='smiggity']Anyone who buys a game "beacuase the boxart is cool is an idiot. I highly doubt it happens. The people who buy sixty dollar games are not the people who get excited over a flashy toy.[/quote]

You've obviously never gone video game shopping with a kid.

[quote name='dallow']Just blows my mind that they can do it that quickly.[/quote]
If it's one of your biggest games of the year, I guess you can speed the process up a bit when it's needed.

Ya, you better be only pushed back a week. I was about to kill some ... nm.

People are so sensitive now indays; if I was buying some german game that was suppose to be entirely in German but there was an english song singing, "Penisss Peniss! Kill the world! PENISS!" I'd just giggle and sing along.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Ya, you better be only pushed back a week. I was about to kill some ... nm.

People are so sensitive now indays; if I was buying some german game that was suppose to be entirely in German but there was an english song singing, "Penisss Peniss! Kill the world! PENISS!" I'd just giggle and sing along.[/quote]

Im surprised the ANTI-MEN groups arent complaining about that one..

it's just a shame that people aren't focusing on the real issues and gamers are only thinking about the game's delay as the issue, and not the stripping of perfectly acceptable content. Personally I don't give a damn about the delay, tons of games to play this holiday season. Hell they could delay it till January and I wouldn't care, as long as it wasn't to do something as idiotic as this...

here's where it all started

http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...hread.id=127194&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Silver lining I'll be able to enjoy SOCOM. Although I don't know how effective will be on the CAG clan when im crying that this will not come out :(

bread's done
Back