Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

They probably didn't anticipate the amount of people that would play LittleBigPlanet would be so high the first day. They'll probably add more servers in the coming days. In the meantime, I can try to to Ace some levels and get that final Challenge Key that I need.

Location of said Key:
The Wilderness, Level 3

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm missing two items on Get a Grip (second level after the intro level) and I didn't see any spots I might have missed. On the prize list, they're both the third item from the right on the 5th and 8th rows.[/quote]

Behind the lady/tv, prior to the pin the tail on the horse

And behind the tree where the gas is, on the bottom level.
I bet those are the ones you missed, because i missed them too.

My third party non-sixaxis remote stopped working with that last patch, so now i cant do the 2x quest on boomtown... booooooo :(

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm missing two items on Get a Grip (second level after the intro level) and I didn't see any spots I might have missed. On the prize list, they're both the third item from the right on the 5th and 8th rows.[/quote]

I'm at 80% on that level and it bothers me to no end because I've gone through it over a dozen times and I have no clue where the remaining items could be hiding.

the servers are screwing up my game. I can't get any user created levels to load, and when I play story mode, it freezes while loading, then unfreezes, then freezes this goes on for about a minute, then I can play the level. I'm hoping since tomorrow it's "officially" released it will be a little more playable then.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I'm at 80% on that level and it bothers me to no end because I've gone through it over a dozen times and I have no clue where the remaining items could be hiding.[/quote]
Did you get the two in that post above yours and
get the sticker star on the tree when you do the bigger ramp, star on the cloud and star on the big downhill after you pin the tail on the donkey

[quote name='scsg75']the servers are screwing up my game. I can't get any user created levels to load, and when I play story mode, it freezes while loading, then unfreezes, then freezes this goes on for about a minute, then I can play the level. I'm hoping since tomorrow it's "officially" released it will be a little more playable then.[/QUOTE]

If anything, it will be LESS playable then with more people on. The beta ran silky smooth...took seconds for four people to load up a random player-made level. Seems they shouldve done a bit more stress testing or something.

Oh well, I'm sure it will be worked out by next week at the latest. In the meantime I can find more items, finish up my first level, and play Fallout 3.

[quote name='dyeknom']
Behind the lady/tv, prior to the pin the tail on the horse

And behind the tree where the gas is, on the bottom level.
I bet those are the ones you missed, because i missed them too.

My third party non-sixaxis remote stopped working with that last patch, so now i cant do the 2x quest on boomtown... booooooo :([/quote]
Thanks.
It was actually the tree right after the area where you push the horse over a little bump, then get to the section right before where you swing over the gas.

The beta wasn't really meant for stress testing the servers, which is why it was hard to get in, as it was more for online co-op play and testing out the publishing and level creation for online play. It's not like this is the first time a big game's servers have ever been overwhelmed on launch before.

[quote name='dyeknom']Did you get the two in that post above yours and
get the sticker star on the tree when you do the bigger ramp, star on the cloud and star on the big downhill after you pin the tail on the donkey
[/quote]

I did get all the
sticker ones, I'm pretty sure. I think I may have gotten the two mentioned above unless there are two hidden in very similar places in one of the other levels.
Let me double check. Thanks.

Is the co-op really laggy like the beta? I'm hoping they fixed that, otherwise I'll see you guys online in a bit!

[quote name='Sinistar']Is the co-op really laggy like the beta? I'm hoping they fixed that, otherwise I'll see you guys online in a bit![/quote]

I found the co-op (when the servers weren't imploding) to be pretty good lag wise (almost none to speak of) except on this one million point trophy level which is laggy because of too much stuff on screen at once.

[quote name='dyeknom']Chibi, do you have online enabled? I wonder if Friend mode is as laggy as random mode.[/quote]

I missed
the first sticker on top of the tree, and the one behind the woman,
but I'm still missing 3 more.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I missed
the first sticker on top of the tree, and the one behind the woman,
but I'm still missing 3 more.[/quote]

there's a star in the begining, star on the tree, star on the clouds and star in the race

3 is the perfect number for one of those

I am missing 2 items in the same level. Probably the same as Frisky mentioned earlier.

100% of all pick-ups is going to be difficult, especially given the later level layouts.

Well, Amazon finally shipped my copy. Got release date shipping so it's due to arrive tomorrow. Cutting it a bit close, Amazon...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If at least one person doesn't have all of the prizes for a level, collecting them during the level unlocks them for everyone, right?[/quote]

I want to say Yes, but I don't know for sure. I know if you use a 2nd controller (guest) and if they collect the item, it collects it for your profile. Online might be a different story though.

[quote name='KingBroly']I want to say Yes, but I don't know for sure. I know if you use a 2nd controller (guest) and if they collect the item, it collects it for your profile. Online might be a different story though.[/quote]

It does, I believe. I just picked up the bank with chibijosh and i think we both got it even though he hosted.

[quote name='KingBroly']I want to say Yes, but I don't know for sure. I know if you use a 2nd controller (guest) and if they collect the item, it collects it for your profile. Online might be a different story though.[/quote]

This is something I would like to know and will try again in the wee hours. I will play when the servers are better rested.

What if someone already has 100% and you join that person and finish a level. And by I mean finish a level, I mean just passing it without getting any stickers. Will you get all those stickers the 100% person has without actually having to "get" them? Because, as you know, in single player when you get a sticker, it is replaced by a blue orb. I was just wondering if the host has all blue orbs, and you join his game, and then finish the level with them... Will you get all those stickers?

This may sound confusing at first. lol. Or are all stickers available from the start like a fresh game? I have a feeling this may be the case. Because when I look at my scores, I see the 1 Player score next to my name. I figure you start from scratch in a 2-3-4 player game?

[quote name='dyeknom']It does, I believe. I just picked up the bank with chibijosh and i think we both got it even though he hosted.[/quote]

Did you get booted? That was fun, we should do it again sometime. the lag was pretty much gone except for when we were in the pod.

That's good. That'll be a lifesaver in later story levels. I just wish every story level didn't have a no more entry button, but you can still add guests...it makes no sense.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Damn. Dallow's all mean and nasty today. :whistle2:( Kratos is mad about it, too.

I imagine it'll become a bigger issue as more people play the beta levels since that stuff were the default prizes they added for levels.[/quote]
Haha, I didn't mean it like that.

[quote name='Se7en69']This is something I would like to know and will try again in the wee hours. I will play when the servers are better rested.

What if someone already has 100% and you join that person and finish a level. And by I mean finish a level, I mean just passing it without getting any stickers. Will you get all those stickers the 100% person has without actually having to "get" them? Because, as you know, in single player when you get a sticker, it is replaced by a blue orb. I was just wondering if the host has all blue orbs, and you join his game, and then finish the level with them... Will you get all those stickers?

This may sound confusing at first. lol. Or are all stickers available from the start like a fresh game? I have a feeling this may be the case. Because when I look at my scores, I see the 1 Player score next to my name. I figure you start from scratch in a 2-3-4 player game?[/quote]

You have to get them< i think. Because when dyeknom and I went through get a grip, all the stickers I needed showed up. I assume they were just normal orbs to dyeknom?

[quote name='dallow']1Up finally reviewed the game. A+.[/quote]

Didn't see that one coming from a mile away. Nope. Not at all :roll:

[quote name='ChibiJosh']You have to get them< i think. Because when dyeknom and I went through get a grip, all the stickers I needed showed up. I assume they were just normal orbs to dyeknom?[/quote]

Yeah I got DCed. and they showed up as normal orbs. The lag in levels were nothing, until other people join.

BTW there is an exploit on boomtown's bank. You can push open one of the houses next to boomtown and move the bombs from inside to the walls of the bank... Blowing up the bomb underneath it. Much easier than bombing it with two people.

That being said, im still missing 2 pieces and can't find them -_- One of which I know is a sticker used in the mines -_-

[quote name='dyeknom']Yeah I got DCed. and they showed up as normal orbs. The lag in levels were nothing, until other people join.[/quote]

I didn't even feel any lag when other people joined. I guess that would explain the few times you hurled yourself into the flames.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I didn't even feel any lag when other people joined. I guess that would explain the few times you hurled yourself into the flames.[/quote]

Yeah, or dropping that bomb :/

I want to play some more :p Must. find. missing. stickars :p

[quote name='dyeknom']Yeah I got DCed. and they showed up as normal orbs. The lag in levels were nothing, until other people join.

BTW there is an exploit on boomtown's bank. You can push open one of the houses next to boomtown and move the bombs from inside to the walls of the bank... Blowing up the bomb underneath it. Much easier than bombing it with two people.

That being said, im still missing 2 pieces and can't find them -_- One of which I know is a sticker used in the mines -_-[/quote]

So it's host dependent for the orbs?

Damn, I want to play more online.

I was having some really fun lag free games until the servers died.

I have 95-100% of the items in the first 4 worlds. The rest are going to be harder. :(

Can someone help me find the last item on Get a Grip? It's the 5th one in the last full row of items.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.

I was able to play just a few minutes ago. Very laggy to start and finish, but not actually playing the levels. If the servers are like this now imagine tomorrow when pretty much all stores begin selling the game.

I say just sign out of PSN, and play offline until the server load is ironed out.

Ace more levels to get the best costume parts.

[quote name='dallow']I say just sign out of PSN, and play offline until the server load is ironed out.

Ace more levels to get the best costume parts.[/quote]

yah, agree TT

100% on World 1, 97% on World 2 (93% on Meerkat Kingdom), with Aces on all Worlds 1-4. I also Aced the Final level, which is satisfying.

Servers are still down.

Does the Gamestop code come with the extra level? When I entered mine all it gave me was Kratos, Medusa, Minotaur, and some extra stickers..

bread's done
Back