Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

When the servers come back up I need someone to go through a World 6 level with me. I really want help on getting the 2 player items in that. It's virtually impossible without a 2nd player. Usually you can do it without a 2nd/3rd player, but this one is different.

Also, I still need to get 100% of Meerkat Kingdom if anyone wants to help me out.

[quote name='KingBroly']When the servers come back up I need someone to go through a World 6 level with me. I really want help on getting the 2 player items in that. It's virtually impossible without a 2nd player. Usually you can do it without a 2nd/3rd player, but this one is different.

Also, I still need to get 100% of Meerkat Kingdom if anyone wants to help me out.[/quote]

You've been soloing all the 2 player parts? :hot:

So far I've completed every 2 player part by myself, but with two controllers. Kind of hard... but rubber bands do the trick.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']You've been soloing all the 2 player parts? :hot:

So far I've completed every 2 player part by myself, but with two controllers. Kind of hard... but rubber bands do the trick.[/quote]

Most of 'em I've used 2 controllers (I bought my PS3 in the times o' yore when shakeable things were considered unholy and talk of such things would lead to burnings at the stake). In Boom Town, there's one that says you need 2 people, but you can do it if you're quick on the trigger. I haven't been using rubber bands either. Just good ol' fashioned relexes and luck.

After trying out both Kratos and Nariko costumes (to make quick saves of them) I think the Nariko costume might have the edge just because the hair is insane (It's like twice Sackboy's length). It's also scary. And if you play with the Kratos costume, anything other than angry doesn't look right.

[quote name='KingBroly']And if you play with the Kratos costume, anything other than angry doesn't look right.[/QUOTE]
No way! You gotta play with a massive shit-eating grin on Kratos' face; it looks like he just got laid by the hot tub chicks. :)

And I need a Nariko code, too. :(

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!!!!!!

EVERY.SINGLE.LEVEL.ACED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HA HA!!! I'm going to IHOP for some Pancakes!

[quote name='KingBroly']YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!!!!!!

HA HA!!! I'm going to IHOP for some Pancakes![/quote]
Wow, that's a major achievement. congrats!

I can't find one goddamn place to buy this game at. All of the local Walmarts are telling me they either don't have it yet or "they can't get it to scan and can't sell it." Gamestop is running me the same "did you preorder? oh you didn't? tough shit" line, and Toysrus is saying they don't have it at all. Did the goddamn game come out today or what? If it came out today, why is it not on fucking shelves?

[quote name='cartman58']I can't find one goddamn place to buy this game at. All of the local Walmarts are telling me they either don't have it yet or "they can't get it to scan and can't sell it." Gamestop is running me the same "did you preorder? oh you didn't? tough shit" line, and Toysrus is saying they don't have it at all. Did the goddamn game come out today or what? If it came out today, why is it not on fucking shelves?[/quote]
If you have a Best Buy near you, you can go to BestBuy.com and check the store to see if they have it in. I know mine got it in yesterday so they should be shipping.

As for the dumbass at Walmart, tell them the release date is 10/21 so they should be able to sell it.

[quote name='KingBroly']YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!!!!!!

HA HA!!! I'm going to IHOP for some Pancakes![/QUOTE]

Well done, sir. The pancakes are on us. :)

[quote name='Maynard']are the servers down?[/quote]
Yes, the server overload was affecting people not playing online so they took them down.
They said they're going to bring them back soon.

Yes, acing levels DOES involve a lot of cursing.
I can't believe some of my cheap deaths.

I can't imagine acing the 2nd level in the last world with the
spinning part of doom. It took me over an hour just to beat it once.

[quote name='Jest']So the Kratos Code works now. Anyone hear anything about the week 1 Astronaut bonus?[/quote]

Probably Thursday with the normal store update.

I can't remember from the beta, and haven't had time to test this yet- When playing multiplayer online, do you only get to keep items that you pick up? Or does the whole group get those items?

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']If you have a Best Buy near you, you can go to BestBuy.com and check the store to see if they have it in. I know mine got it in yesterday so they should be shipping.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I tried that and the BB by me had some left. I just got back with LBP in hand. Now, this work day just needs to end already!!!!

the code can only be entered once, onto one account. sharing on another ps3 system will require other users to log into the account that downloaded the code, to re-download it onto the other systems.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I can't imagine acing the 2nd level in the last world with the
spinning part of doom. It took me over an hour just to beat it once.

Probably Thursday with the normal store update.[/quote]

I aced that level. I figured out how to beat that
wheel
without a problem, but the second
wheel portion
took a bit of luck. Basically you
get into the wheel, jump the first two electric pools, then hang on. Then, when it is upside down, you fall and run to the next section while on top. I did the same thing on the second part, but in that second part you have to be wary of the fall down on the right side, because if you fall in the exit hole while it is not over the hole.. you will be electricuted. To avoid it, you just jump closest to the wheel on the way down. When I did it, I fell right in front of an electric ball, but missed it and then went into the hole.
Got it on my fourth try. Now, it did take a group of four of us like 1 hr to beat it because we kept getting seperated and half of the group couldnt jump the platforms.

I'm pretty sure I can ace all of the levels except
the beware of sumo
and
construction
levels.

Chibijosh, if the servers come up tonight do you want to play some more? Im sure there are some more x2 stuff we need :)

Anybody get theirs from Circuit City yet? I had mine pre-ordered there (Gamer's Discount), and yet, no sign. I called all the CC's within a 50 mile radius of here, and EVERY single one told me the game has been delayed further. We all know that's a load of BS, so what gives?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No, but you can gameshare it.[/quote]

thanks man, I was just hoping to give it out to people but I guess I will just share with one other person.

[quote name='dyeknom']I aced that level. I figured out how to beat that
wheel
wheel portion
get into the wheel, jump the first two electric pools, then hang on. Then, when it is upside down, you fall and run to the next section while on top. I did the same thing on the second part, but in that second part you have to be wary of the fall down on the right side, because if you fall in the exit hole while it is not over the hole.. you will be electricuted. To avoid it, you just jump closest to the wheel on the way down. When I did it, I fell right in front of an electric ball, but missed it and then went into the hole.
Got it on my fourth try. Now, it did take a group of four of us like 1 hr to beat it because we kept getting seperated and half of the group couldnt jump the platforms.

the beware of sumo
and
construction
levels.

Chibijosh, if the servers come up tonight do you want to play some more? Im sure there are some more x2 stuff we need :)[/quote]

I can ace the entire level except for the
second wheel part.

Yeah, we can try to play some more tonight if the servers come back up.

[quote name='dyeknom']I aced that level. I figured out how to beat that
wheel
wheel portion

the beware of sumo
and
construction
levels.

For that one part you guys are having trouble with:
There are pendulums to grab onto, so use those to get a break. Also remember that you jump higher when moving back.

Chibijosh, if the servers come up tonight do you want to play some more? Im sure there are some more x2 stuff we need :)[/quote]

Just wait until you try and Ace that level. What a bitch that was to do this morning.
It's so vertigo inducing. It took me a couple of tries to actually get by it, let alone ace it. Oh, and the trick with the sumo is to jump when they're coming down so you get on top of them.

[quote name='KingBroly']Just wait until you try and Ace that level. What a bitch that was to do this morning.
It's so vertigo inducing. It took me a couple of tries to actually get by it, let alone ace it. Oh, and the trick with the sumo is to jump when they're coming down so you get on top of them.
[/quote]

Oh, I got that bunker aced. I was just saying how I aced it. I almost had the
cage machine
aced this morning before I went to class too... but somehow I fell onto some spikes right at the end.

Unless you meant trying to ace the
beware of sumo
which is a pain in the butt. I always had so many stupid mistakes on that level involving the spinners, let alone with my horrible ability to get
sat
on by things. The
jumping guys
in the mines were the say way... I always get made fun of on that level because I can do everything except avoid getting
sat on

I still need a 2nd player to go through with me on that level for the 2 player items. You need a 2nd player from the start on that one, and you can't die on that, and you have one shot to get there, or else you have to start over. It's pretty annoying.

I'm going to try and go back and get every item now besides the multiple player ones. They shouldn't be too difficult to get, just tedious. I'm like 80-95% done with all levels too.

[quote name='Phanatic']Anybody get theirs from Circuit City yet? I had mine pre-ordered there (Gamer's Discount), and yet, no sign. I called all the CC's within a 50 mile radius of here, and EVERY single one told me the game has been delayed further. We all know that's a load of BS, so what gives?[/QUOTE]

Related to that has anyone heard about when CC online pre-orders will ship? I'd call but really don't have the time to sit on hold today if someone else already has...

I'm really tempted to just blow the extra $5 and take the ad to Best Buy to try to PM... it'd be $5 more but I'd have it...

[quote name='KingBroly']I still need a 2nd player to go through with me on that level for the 2 player items. You need a 2nd player from the start on that one, and you can't die on that, and you have one shot to get there, or else you have to start over. It's pretty annoying.

I'm going to try and go back and get every item now besides the multiple player ones. They shouldn't be too difficult to get, just tedious. I'm like 80-95% done with all levels too.[/quote]

That's where I am on the collection now. I need the 2x player item in the mines, which will allow me to do the rest of that area for 100%. I also need the 2x, 3x and 4x on the various levels. Maybe when they come up you can join chibi and myself for the 3x stuff as well :)

[quote name='Justin42']Related to that has anyone heard about when CC online pre-orders will ship? I'd call but really don't have the time to sit on hold today if someone else already has...

I'm really tempted to just blow the extra $5 and take the ad to Best Buy to try to PM... it'd be $5 more but I'd have it...[/quote]

You'd get the nariko code, which is ~5$ anyway, if the store still has some.

[quote name='dyeknom']That's where I am on the collection now. I need the 2x player item in the mines, which will allow me to do the rest of that area for 100%. I also need the 2x, 3x and 4x on the various levels. Maybe when they come up you can join chibi and myself for the 3x stuff as well :)
[/quote]

I can go for that. For the 4x stuff, one of us could just use an extra controller. They don't seem all that bad, just tedious.

Also, what they display as the Nariko costume and what actually is the Nariko costume are two totally different things. The Nariko hair is just amazing.

just wanted to say that i had a blast (albeit a brief one) playing online multi. hope the servers are up again so i can play with more CAG'ers.

Feel free to invite me MiniBossBattle

Oh yeah, my wife loves seeing the character interact with the environment and each other. It one of those few games that are as much fun to watch as to play for the non-gamer crowd.

I just tried to call Circuit City and spent 20 minutes with someone who spoke no English, couldn't find my order, and tried to insist I bought a surge protector.

It was a surreal call and I am no closer to knowing if the LBP pre-orders will be shipping any time soon...

(edit: they just updated the page to show it's out of stock online, and my order status page online now has an order number and says "ordered" instead of "pending" and "pre-ordered".. estimated arrival date 11/07-11/13.. hrrrm... My credit card is showing a pending charge for the correct amount. I may still get a "backup" copy at Best Buy to make sure I have it in time to get the launch week goodies. )

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone having problems with publishing their level? I have a completed level but can't publish it...it says there's a problem publishing my level.

Anyone get their copy from Circuit City? I pre ordered and went in today and they still dont have it. I thought it seemed weird since its been in most retail stores for days.

I have my first level up, I think a couple of you played it already, but could ya heart it again if ya did?

It's called, Winkle and the Stolen Stars. Created by; Darknessbear

Search:
Darknessbear, Winkle or the Name

it's on the west coast of North America. Thanks for trying it!

[quote name='DarkNessBear']You are forgetting that you hate it because you are a huge ass 360 fanboy. You forgot that one.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a 360. I finally bought an Xbox 1 this year, though.

I hate it because it's a stupid game with ugly characters that ain't got shit on Garry's Mod, and it's getting credit as being "revolutionary" that I don't think it deserves.

bread's done
Back