Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Wow, I just got messaged asking if I really am a "bear" and that if "woof" rings a bell...

Do I have to change my name now.[/quote]
Completely unrelated (to LBP) and scary note...
When I was in high school I was in a minor fender bender outside the school. When the cop came to write his report, he called me bear... Kinda freaked me out...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Wow, I just got messaged asking if I really am a "bear" and that if "woof" rings a bell...

Do I have to change my name now.[/quote]yeah that's not cool, but since it's not me. I find it hilarious.

Do I have to change my name now.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty darn funny

Would it be cheating if we did a small sign-up of people to help get the level hearting trophies? It's annoying having to republish my level every couple of days just so that it gets plays.

Out of curiosity, what costumes do people wear. I have been going with the spacesuit, I like how when you get burned it turns charcoal in color (sometimes only part of it will). The only probably is that there are no facial expressions.

[quote name='happy']Out of curiosity, what costumes do people wear. I have been going with the spacesuit, I like how when you get burned it turns charcoal in color (sometimes only part of it will). The only probably is that there are no facial expressions.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to have that one but it isn't available any more, right? :cry:

^^ Not sure, but if it's not in the store then prob not. I got it but that was a little while ago. It showed up on my LBP store in game as "purchased" but I dunno if they showed it only b/c I had it downloaded or what.

I don't like using preset costumes. I spend alot of time designing my own costumes with decorations, stickers, and sackboy pieces.

doing stuff like I posted earlier:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
a_photo.jpg
[/quote]

[quote name='io']I'd love to have that one but it isn't available any more, right? :cry:[/quote]
I'm pretty sure that's the one that was only available the first week.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I don't like using preset costumes. I spend alot of time designing my own costumes with decorations, stickers, and sackboy pieces.

doing stuff like I posted earlier:[/quote]very nice stuff. I should get some items so i can make my own costumes. I don't think I've done half the single player mode yet.

[quote name='io']I'd love to have that one but it isn't available any more, right? :cry:[/quote]

I knew I would get the game eventually so I downloaded all the free stuff from the store and just never installed it till I got the game. Unfortunately I missed the top half of the santa costume (I have the pants) and possibly something else as well.

Hey, my friend has a really cool level, check it out if you can. His PSN name is Barnlord and the level is named 'Barnlord's Journey to the Elysian Fields'.

[quote name='io']I think someone's hitting on him ;).

Anyway, in a completely UNRELATED note, I'm nowhere near ready to publish my first level, but my kids have published some and they aren't bad given their ages.

To stay on topic with the various threads I'll post the names of the levels in the other LBP thread (the one about CAG-made levels). I'd appreciate anyone still playing the game at least checking them out if you've got nothing else to do ;).[/quote]

Are your kids' levels published under your PSN name? I'm lookin' at you now and it doesn't show any levels published.

[quote name='mkernan']Are your kids' levels published under your PSN name? I'm lookin' at you now and it doesn't show any levels published.[/QUOTE]

No, they have their own accounts (gotta love the PS3!). I haven't gotten around to getting my own level together yet but I'm working on it - I keep running into massive limitations on what I want to do and it gets frustrating.

As for theirs, I didn't really want to put their user names out there - that's why I listed just the level names in the other thread. ("delicous!!" is my daughter's, "Elijah's World" and "Elijah's 2nd World" are my 6 year-old son's. My other son has one now but last time I checked, it was broken so I won't send you there ;)).

[quote name='io']No, they have their own accounts (gotta love the PS3!). I haven't gotten around to getting my own level together yet but I'm working on it - I keep running into massive limitations on what I want to do and it gets frustrating.

As for theirs, I didn't really want to put their user names out there - that's why I listed just the level names in the other thread. ("delicous!!" is my daughter's, "Elijah's World" and "Elijah's 2nd World" are my 6 year-old son's. My other son has one now but last time I checked, it was broken so I won't send you there ;)).[/quote]

Ah, ok cool. I just shutdown the PS3 for bedtime, but I'll make a point to check 'em out next time.

Ugh totally getting sick of having to delete stupid items and photobooth pics. If i deleted a stupid trophy or something 4 times.. (profile too big message spam) I dont think I want it back on the very next level i go to.

That being said, i found a good fighter with hp bars. And some people have gotten really good at incorporating their own music into the gameplay. And somebody made a real piano... pretty impressive one at that.

I think I will just reserve myself to creating objects and hope that one day they let people joint publish :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mkernan']Darknessbear's Little Dead Space level was featured on X-Play tonight. Pretty rad. Congrats.[/quote]

Congrats bro!

Pretty badass... This means you have to make more!

Just beat the last single player levels. The giant wheel thing on the 3rd to last level or so (the bunker I think) was just incredible. Now to the MGS pack levels then Darknessbear's. Does anyone have the xplay clip posted on youtube or their website or something.

Sometime I'll need to go through the story levels online to get the multi person stuff and try to ace them too...

If any of you guys are LOST or Indiana Jones fans, I made a level for both. Check them out if you get a chance...I think they turned out pretty good.

username: frizby

Levels:

Little Big Indiana Jones
LOST

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Holy fucking shit[/quote]

I wonder when MM's going to allow you to make money off your LBP creations? Because clearly your level has reached a new peak of notoriety.

[quote name='KingBroly']I wonder when MM's going to allow you to make money off your LBP creations? Because clearly your level has reached a new peak of notoriety.[/quote]

That'd be sweet. That would surely make my lazy ass finish LDS2. Way nervous about finishing it though! Need some cags to constantly play through it with me and give feedback!

Thanks for the compliments! =)

Considering I never played Dead Space I don't think I could be a beta tester to see if it was accurate or not. I'm also caught up in many other games at the moment (Namely Valkyria Chronicles, Rock Band 2, Wario Land and God Hand)

I haven't played Dead Space yet either, but I'm happy to beta test if you want to add me.

Username: frizby

Feedback on my levels is appreciated as well, though mine are more straight-up platformers and not nearly as atmospheric.

Can't remember if we decided this was appropriate or not in this thread, but if anyone wants to trade hearts/level playthroughs I'd love to help some CAGs (and myself) get the final couple of trophies...

Hiya Guys,

If anyone wants to check out my (admittedly old) LBP level, that'd be good. I'd appreciate the feedback before I finish off my 2nd.

PSN ID: YobRenoops
Level: Christmas World of Destiny

Thanks a lot

This game is unbelievable - just picked this up on Friday and literally wasted my entire weekend on it. I'm actually quite surprised I've enjoyed this so much, as I've grown tired of platformers and games without any form of narrative over the past few years (SMG bored me to tears). There's just something about it's fantastic aesthetic, charm and overall imagination that compels me to keep playing. I'm also amazed at how it successfully allows you to enjoy each level in isolation - no greater cause you're working towards, just have fun. There is no "Why", it just "Is".

Being brand new, any suggestions on "Must-buy" DLC? Are there any other packs that bring new items into the game (such as the MGS DLC)? How about any must play levels?

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/01/21/littlebigplanet-getting-wipeout-ape-escape-costumes/

A Sony EU rep is saying that the LBP weekly costumes will not resume this week, but here are the upcoming DLC releases:

The bad news: According to a PlayStation Europe community manager, LittleBigPlanet's DLC hiatus will continue until next week, just slightly beyond January 22's promise of "big surprises."

The good news: As of January 26th, fans of Media Molecule's make-your-own-platformer will receive numerous downloadable goodies.

• January 26th -- Chinese New Year costumes (free, available for 10 days only)
  • January 29th -- Groundhog Day costume (available one week only), God of War mini pack, Kratos costume
  • February 5th -- Valentines Day mini pack (available for 2 weeks only)
  • February 12th -- Ape Escape costume, Toro costume
  • February 19th -- WipEout costume kit
The Ape Escape costume was released in Japan around launch, wasn't it?

Darkness Bear's level was featured on the new show from the guys who used to work on the 1up show. They talked about it quite a bit while they were discussing little big planet.

I haven't booted this game up in awhile, but has anyone made anything pertaining to Fallout 3, or are they continuing to purge the LBP world of any levels related to existing games sans Dead Space?

Anyone knows if there is any playable issues on the UK version of LittleBigPlanet (advertised as PAL but Region Free) BD on US version of PS3 (NTSC)? I'll be using LCD TV via HDMI (which is NTSC anyway). It seems that the UK version is so much cheaper over at Amazon.co.uk and Ebay.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I haven't booted this game up in awhile, but has anyone made anything pertaining to Fallout 3, or are they continuing to purge the LBP world of any levels related to existing games sans Dead Space?[/quote]They've gotten much better at that. I think they were taking stuff off if it had anything with a copyright. I read an interview where one of the Mm guys mentioned that a bunch of companies had come to them and told them that they didn't want their stuff removed. Since then, I haven't heard anything about levels being removed. Except for one, but that had burning babies in it.:lol:
[quote name='cagfansub']Anyone knows if there is any playable issues on the UK version of LittleBigPlanet (advertised as PAL but Region Free) BD on US version of PS3 (NTSC)? I'll be using LCD TV via HDMI (which is NTSC anyway). It seems that the UK version is so much cheaper over at Amazon.co.uk and Ebay.[/quote]I don't think you'll have any issues with playing it on a US machine, but I do know that you'll have issues with the DLC. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but DLC is locked to the region that the disc belongs to. That means that a UK disc will only be able to get UK DLC from the UK store. Same thing for US discs and JP discs.

I've been playing this game for the longest time... but I never knew;

What is the correct way to turn off the game? Ever since my game got corrupted in beta I've been so friggen paranoid. Do you turn ur console off while in the pod? Quit game? It says not to turn it off when you see the HDD Symbol (sackboy running with arrows) but that thing comes up randomly... so I am always worried by the time I press the middle button and press Quit Game it's gonna pop up and f everything up.

Any tips?

Pretty sure games aren't stupid enough to mess up if you send the power down signal to them. Those warnings are for when you want to unplug the thing or something.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Pretty sure games aren't stupid enough to mess up if you send the power down signal to them. Those warnings are for when you want to unplug the thing or something.[/quote]
Some games are that stupid.
I lost my save file (I don't remember how far along I was... maybe 60% or so) for Burnout Revenge when it decided to save just after I hit... "Exit to Blade" or whatever it says on the 360, it's been so long since I played anything on it I forget.:lol:

[quote name='el_cheezer']...
I don't think you'll have any issues with playing it on a US machine, but I do know that you'll have issues with the DLC. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but DLC is locked to the region that the disc belongs to. That means that a UK disc will only be able to get UK DLC from the UK store. Same thing for US discs and JP discs.[/quote]

Hmm.. I thought DLC is only an issue it it linked to your the locality of PSN?
Since I have US PSN id, and I can only see US based content and I should be able DL those add-ons for Little Big Planet (Region Free), right?

Acing levels should always be done by yourself. Why? Lag's an issue, as well as the camera.

Also, I'm still waiting to hear if Version 1.08 is out or not.

[quote name='cagfansub']Hmm.. I thought DLC is only an issue it it linked to your the locality of PSN?
Since I have US PSN id, and I can only see US based content and I should be able DL those add-ons for Little Big Planet (Region Free), right?[/quote]I remember reading about some people being a bit ticked becuase they created UK and Asian accounts in order to get some of the exclusive DLC, but after buying it, they couldn't use it with their US game. I'd google for an answer. No matter what region you get, you'll be able to play everyone's levels, but I recall hearing that the DLC is tied to the region the disc is from.

bread's done
Back