Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='cartman58']Hmm, just had to download the 1.08 update. Anyone know what's in this bad boy? A quick google search found nothing.[/quote]

I will check on this right now. I assume it's just a DLC patch though. How big was it?

EDIT: It's 13mb, so I'm assuming it's just a DLC patch. Interesting note though. All the patches for LBP are named after cheeses.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']nice! anyone see these? not in new patch but cool to see:

http://www.littlebigplanetoid.com/article/upcoming_lbp_patch_features_revealed_in_video

I noticed the blops in the MGS4 levels and always wondered what they were.[/quote]

Eee! I like. I was wondering what that damn "World Trigger" was in the MGS pack it was driving me crazy! That's cool, finally can control lighting. But, I suggest placing your own lights, you get more control.

Little Dead Space 2 is about 85% done... I'm about to die. I just hope I can finish it cause my thermometer is about 85% full haha. I'm going to have to cut it a little shorter than I was expecting... but oh well.

*my idea on what that 3rd unkown item is*
Looks like it could be armor. Maybe it allows for your sackboy to have health?

*ALSO*
I would say that I am pretty good with triggers, but I don't see the point of having a trigger key with an angle option. What's the use in that? I guess if you are getting really compact... but still... I haven't ran into any problems due to radius of triggers.

put this is for the first time in forever and guess what....corrupted save file. I heard the MGS pack could cause that. Is that what happened to me??? I didn't start over cause it said it would delete my old save file. Am I screwed???

[quote name='shadowkast']put this is for the first time in forever and guess what....corrupted save file. I heard the MGS pack could cause that. Is that what happened to me??? I didn't start over cause it said it would delete my old save file. Am I screwed???[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... Interesting. I was about to come on here and mention a problem I was having. Tonight, after the kids played, I wanted to start it up and heart some CAG levels. When I start it up it I see the LBP loading screen for a while (where you can make the icon bounce up and down) and then it just goes back to the XMB... The kids had just played (on their own accounts though). I played Prince of Persia instead and it worked (so presumably it isn't a drive or other hardware problem). I'll be pissed if my LBP save file is corrupt :bomb:.

I really haven't even been playing that much. I played as a secondary account yesterday with my kids though. Then we went in to my account and edited my level a bit (mostly to delete community item crap from our profiles so we didn't get the save errors, interestingly enough).

I knew I should have backed up my saves at some point...

Still, though, I don't know for sure if I have a corrupted save file. I'll have to try it again tonight.

----------------------------------------
Edit: OK, I did a google search and came up with the following about the supposed mid-Feb fixes:

Edam contains a set of bug fixes and is currently in testing. We are hoping for this to be out into the world by mid February (fingers crossed). Specifically the fixes are:

Failed to save profile’ message not being displayed when a users profile is full.
Object Capture Bug: switch connectors being deleted when an object is captured.
[highlight]Failed to load profile issue :where the user is thrown out to the XMB due to a texture that is not registered in their profile being present in their pod. [/highlight]
Text not displaying in the text chat window.
Slow rewind due to moderation check.

So, yeah, my kids are always messing with pasting stickers and such around my pod when playing and for sure they would have some (from those damn community levels) that I wouldn't have.

So this is fucking wonderful - I can't play till at least mid-Feb, and probably later? Great, just great :bomb:. Though I suppose if I could figure out what texture it was (maybe the kids remember) and then figure out where it came from (again, only if they remember) and then get that while playing in one of their pods then maybe I can fix it before then. What a pain though... Well, it's better than a completely corrupted save file I guess. What a dumbass bug though to have lasted this long. I mean, you could do this to yourself quite easily by pasting up a picture or something that you then later delete from your profile to save space for the other bug (the lack of a save and frequent annoying popup messages when the profile is full).

In any case, I'm going to try to start it up again right now, but I'm expecting it to boot me to the XMB once again.

About that first bug they are fixing - WTF? The problem is that this message DOES pop up incessantly when your profile is "full" (not to mention some of the MGS items disappearing when this happens even when you aren't playing that at the time). The fix needs to be a much larger profile space or simply the ability for it to save when the damn thing is full. Why the hell can't it save when full? Just don't add anything new to it from levels while it is full.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised that you got the message saying your Profile is full. That message is supposedly gone, now. I'm going to guess that you can't remove that item, either. But I'll guess that the item in question is the Paintgun.

I love LBP, but until they fix these pretty big issues, I'm not going to play the game again. I'll download the DLC, but the game is staying on the shelf. What I've heard they're going to do is that your Profile will go up to 10mb, and you don't automatically download Prizes from other players' levels. You can go back and look at those levels you want something from and download them individually. This is just a rumor, mind you.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm surprised that you got the message saying your Profile is full. That message is supposedly gone, now. I'm going to guess that you can't remove that item, either. But I'll guess that the item in question is the Paintgun.

I love LBP, but until they fix these pretty big issues, I'm not going to play the game again. I'll download the DLC, but the game is staying on the shelf. What I've heard they're going to do is that your Profile will go up to 10mb, and you don't automatically download Prizes from other players' levels. You can go back and look at those levels you want something from and download them individually. This is just a rumor, mind you.[/QUOTE]

My kids were getting the profile full messages yesterday (and we've updated with the latest patch). I assumed I didn't get that because I pretty much cleaned out most of my community objects and photos.

Anyway, still can't play so I guess I have to wait for the fix. Presumably I can play when my kids are in control - but we'll see how their games are when they get home from school Thurs.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm surprised that you got the message saying your Profile is full. That message is supposedly gone, now. I'm going to guess that you can't remove that item, either. But I'll guess that the item in question is the Paintgun.

I love LBP, but until they fix these pretty big issues, I'm not going to play the game again. I'll download the DLC, but the game is staying on the shelf. What I've heard they're going to do is that your Profile will go up to 10mb, and you don't automatically download Prizes from other players' levels. You can go back and look at those levels you want something from and download them individually. This is just a rumor, mind you.[/quote]

Ya I agree. It's my favorite game of all time, but these problems are terrible. ESPECIALLY my friggen LDS2 "FAIL TO LOAD" son of a bitch.

I want that calender - damn damn damn ;-/

Also, anyone know where the groundhog costume is? Thought it was supposed to come out today.

Wish they'd come out w/ new level packs ;-(

LOL, damn, i'm a downer aren't I ;-P Love the game - just want more of it! ;-)

Well, my kids are playing and at first on my son's account it froze on us. He got further than I did in that the MM logo came up and it asked the other people to join and all that. But then it went to a black screen and sat there (was able to quit via the PS button, though, so it wasn't a hard freeze).

The second time it worked and I was able to join his game, so I can play that way. I didn't try my account directly today, but we'll see - maybe after popping in to his pod and back out that will help me, but I doubt it. No one else has had this problem? If they really fix it mid-Feb I guess it isn't the end of the world, though I was just about to work on my real level and get it all nice and ready to publish.

Can someone kindly tell me what are the drawbacks getting this game from UK? I know the UK version can be played in the US, i'm just curious of the differences, if there are any? I'm guessing on-line stuffs? Just asking b/c the UK version is a lot cheaper on eBay...

As far as I know, the only drawback is the DLC. Apparently, LBP DLC is locked to the region that the disc is from. You can still play the game in any PS3, but you can only use US DLC for a US disc, UK DLC for a UK disc and so on. Considering that the UK DLC is more expensive, I don't know if it's worth it.

[quote name='el_cheezer']As far as I know, the only drawback is the DLC. Apparently, LBP DLC is locked to the region that the disc is from. You can still play the game in any PS3, but you can only use US DLC for a US disc, UK DLC for a UK disc and so on. Considering that the UK DLC is more expensive, I don't know if it's worth it.[/quote]

Oh, that makes perfect sense, thanks! I will stick to US version, since i need the MGS pack...

*I tuned it down a bit*

Screw this game. It is a dumb face.

Fixed a bunch of stuff that was deleted, and logged on today and it was gone.

"Darn", "Dagnabbit!"

Thank you.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']You know what? fuck this fucking shit, stupid fucking ass media molecule and this stupid PEICE OF SHIT game. What a bunch of fucking idiots.

Their game is fucking broken and they are just sitting there with dildos up their asses doing jack shit to fix it, fucking idiots. I fucking cant stand this anymore.

I redid most of the fucking shit that I lost because of the stupid ass "Fail to Load level" bug, and than I get this "Profile to large cannot save" bug, so I delete basically EVERYTHING I have, and continue doing my level and leave for the night and 80% of what I redid was deleted including all 2 of my level Copies... if its not one fucking thing its another.

Cant take this shit anymore, fuck it.

And exclusive to this thread: fuck LBP[/quote]

Calm down, bud.

It's just a game.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']You know what? fuck this fucking shit, stupid fucking ass media molecule and this stupid PEICE OF SHIT game. What a bunch of fucking idiots.

Their game is fucking broken and they are just sitting there with dildos up their asses doing jack shit to fix it, fucking idiots. I fucking cant stand this anymore.

I redid most of the fucking shit that I lost because of the stupid ass "Fail to Load level" bug, and than I get this "Profile to large cannot save" bug, so I delete basically EVERYTHING I have, and continue doing my level and leave for the night and 80% of what I redid was deleted including all 2 of my level Copies... if its not one fucking thing its another.

Cant take this shit anymore, fuck it.

And exclusive to this thread: fuck LBP[/quote]
Lol OWNED
Quite the stretch from "BEST GAME EVAR" to "fuck THIS GAME WITH A DILDO!"

[quote name='leveskikesko']Calm down, bud.

It's just a game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but if I did the amount of work DNB does on a level and had it lost due to these stupid glitches I'd be pretty pissed too. Hell, I can't even play the game any more myself (get booted to the XMB when I start up as explained before). But at least I didn't lose hours and hours of hard work (hopefully - if the next patch fixes my problem and my save is still intact then I'm OK - we'll see).

Did I hear some such nonsense about profiles only being 10MB, or being increased to that or something? fuck that - don't PS3's have things called multi-GB hard drives? Why the hell are they limiting the profiles to such a small amount. At least let us increase the max size of the profile if we so wish. For cripes sake, I bought the 160GB bundle so I wouldn't have to worry about space issues and they artificially create one for this game :roll:. (And I know many CAGs have way more storage than that with their own HD installations).

[quote name='sotc1988']Lol OWNED
Quite the stretch from "BEST GAME EVAR" to "fuck THIS GAME WITH A DILDO!"[/quote]

Oh ya definitely. It's my favorite game of all time and my least favorite game of all time.

And I understand it's "just a game" if this was say, Fable 2 or Gears of War 2 and my data was deleted I would be like, "Ahw that sucks!" but this is something I put a damn a lot of time and work into and it's really hard to replicate some things. So it's way frustrating.

Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations.

Sorry DNB. I'm 5 levels in now, and I understand the level of effort that goes in...that really sucks. Sounds like I need to copy my save file. Can I do that on a thumb drive?

Also, I made a survival challenge last night that I think you might appreciate. It's sackboy riding a flipping pancake in a frying pan...it's not the end-all be-all, but it's a fun little diversion. Maybe it'll cheer you up! Title is:

Pancake Panic - A Survival Challenge

Other published levels:

Little LOST
Sackboy Jones
Inside the PS3

I do not have the game yet, but what is this profile 10mb thing? This glitch you guys talking about here is related to the custom levels right? I'm sorry, it was hard to read through 184 pages for a game i don't have yet and especially the fucks...

For some reason I feel like saying something. So, I will.

Pudding. That would be a great theme for a level.

maybe that's why I haven't seen anyone playing LBP in a while. I feel for you DNB. I've seen your levels I know you put a ton of work into it to lose everything would just blow. I'm glad I have little to no interest in making levels myself.

As an aside I tried to get my nephews into LBP and they just didn't get it. I probably should have gone over the controls first but I didn't think it was /that/ confusing. I'll try again next time. I need someone to do the single player stuff and get me gear. If not for that reason then why do we have children?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Hi, I'm Darknessbear. I've been LBP clean for a week now, it's feeling really good. Haven't been stressed or anything. Thank you.

*sits down*[/quote]
:applause::grouphug:

Hehe - yeah, being without LBP was the impetus to get me to finish Prince of Persia (got my first platinum, yay). I finished it in the nick of time, too, as supposedly Blockbuster trade-in values are all dropping tomorrow. So I got it for $25 at GS, played it for 2-3 weeks and thoroughly beat it, then got $33 for it at BBV 30 minutes ago. Nice...

As for LBP, well, that's a keeper but hopefully they fix my problem with the next patch and hopefully that comes out mid-Feb.

However, Wolfkin, I'm surprised you couldn't get those kids interested in it. My kids have played it every day since we opened the PS3 on Christmas. My 6 year-old, in particular, is obsessed with it. He can play community levels for hours upon hours. We really have to make him stop at some point. Tonight he wants me to play his game and do some levels without dying. I would gladly do that but I'm afraid it will glitch on him later and lose that progress, which would be really frsutrating as some of them are damn hard to complete (and there's a few I deem impossible and haven't even done in my own, now glitched to the point of lost, game).

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Oh jeez! Sony contacted me and they want to set up an interview about my level.

Yay![/quote]
Nifty stuff, now go vent on them ;)

Stay strong... tell them you're boycotting the game until they fix the problems! :lol:

[quote name='mguiddy']Stay strong... tell them you're boycotting the game until they fix the problems! :lol:[/quote]

Haha, i'll definitely bring that up.

Yeah I got this the other day and have only played a little bit but the amazingness of the stuff people have produced online kinda make me want to go and learn how to make my own. The Home Run Derby is my fav so far heh.

Well, I ended up getting rid of LBP. I had my fill of it. But was turned off at the fact that you HAVE to be online to play user created content. I was hoping it would be like UT3, someone creates a level, you download it and it stays on your hard drive.

So when there are issues with the servers, you can't play user created content. Like the other day when I got a "Failed to Load Level" message. Its too bad that all this user created content is being made when years down the road when the PS4 is out, the'll probably stop supporting the LBP servers and all the user created content will be gone forever.

I had the game from launch, and out of the first 5 levels I hearted, 3 were removed from the servers because of all the copywrite stuff. Now I understand you can create a great level without using copywrite stuff, but it was pretty cool to play "Deamon Skull" with all the God of War stuff in it.

I'd also like to make a level about various types of wines and cheeses. Mm...tasty, tasty cheese.

God I love this game, I just wanted to say that. I still haven't completed it 100% but I'm working on it.

Also if anyone wants to play online, I've been looking for people to play with on there since none of my friends have LBP. Please add me, I play usually around 9pm-1am PST.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']I finally 100% and aced everything in Story mode. Shit was ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

How many attempts did it take you to ace The Bunker?

way to go DNB be sure to bring up the rating issue. last i checked your level was 4 stars no doubt because the game defaults to 3 stars and most people want to rush to the next level.

[quote name='Wolfkin']way to go DNB be sure to bring up the rating issue. last i checked your level was 4 stars no doubt because the game defaults to 3 stars and most people want to rush to the next level.[/quote]
Tell them it should default to, either, the level's current rating, or no rating at all (not that it should count as a 0, but that it wouldn't contribute to the rating at all).

[quote name='mguiddy']Tell them it should default to, either, the level's current rating, or no rating at all (not that it should count as a 0, but that it wouldn't contribute to the rating at all).[/quote]

Ya it's a total bummer. I watch my girl friends little sister play LBP and she always rushes through the star rating and gives everything 3 stars (even if its crap) she's not being mean, she just doesn't really care or understand.

It's especially annoying cause if you start the level, but than back out when you haven't even finished it. You still have to rate it... so people that constantly replay my level are just giving it 3 stars.

I really think MM should be constantly updating their game with little fixes like that. It really needs it. They are losing a lot of players by pushing off the Edam patch.

bread's done
Back