Little known OTT fact: TFN is a Duke fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dallow']Glad I went.

Citi knows how to pay for the right kind of catering.

Tons of delicious foods and dessert available.
Pretty businesswomen too, but I cared more about the free food and drinks.[/quote]

That and the pretty filipino busboys, amirite? :whistle2:--) :baby: =P~

Pretty businesswomen too, but I cared more about the free food and drinks.[/quote]

That's cause you like to watch?

What kind of food/drinks did they have?

[quote name='wubb']How was that party last night dallow?[/quote]
That reminds me, how was the interview, Dallow?

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet'] That and the pretty filipino busboys, amirite? :whistle2:--) :baby: =P~[/quote]At the parties you work at maybe. :)

Pretty businesswomen too, but I cared more about the free food and drinks.[/QUOTE]

Very good. Although not sure about that last bit...

I wasn't too impressed with the Kid Nation finale either. I saw you mentioned it yesterday but I skipped over the post because I still had it waiting unwatched on my DVR.

I was hoping they'd end up giving a gold star (or at least a half gold star maybe) to every kid that stuck it out the 40 days and hadn't received one yet. Having the three $50K gold stars just encouraged them to give it to past winners (or did they have to give two of them to past winners?) Lame.

Also not enough Jared.

He got the job and double the salary, fox.

This is my last post though.. as I desperately need to see the outside world instead of dismissing every opp. I have to go out and do something. I'll check in from time to time to see how things are going with you guys. AIM me - tiredforawhile.

I love you guys. :[

[quote name='dcfox']That reminds me, how was the interview, Dallow?[/quote]Oh, very well. I was hired. My first official day as a true Citi employee is Monday, where I'll be at orientation for 8 hours...........

Got a nice raise, and benefits, I'm content for now.

All kinds of food Frosty.
From a very well stocked fajita bar with tons of fresh toppings, to more traditional holiday food with guys cutting ham and turkey for you.

Hundreds of cakes, pies, cookies.
Chocolate fountain with tons of stuff to dip in.

Full bar, etc.

[quote name='shrike4242']There's a certain peverse pleasure about jumping in front of about a dozen people in line at the post office because I already have postage on my packages and they're ready to go. :D

The dirty looks alone were worth it. :lol:[/quote]
Haha. Yeah, I love the whole, "Ok, they asked for the next person that was ready...oh, you're still taping your box? You're still deciding on a box? Oh, well I'm guess I'm the only one that's ready in this line that has been here for 10 minutes prior to my arrival."

Oh and I was ready to puke when Laurel gave her speech about the first gold star of the show. "Sophia should win it again because she's so great and blah blah blah" STFU!

[quote name='wubb']Oh and I was ready to puke when Laurel gave her speech about the first gold star of the show. "Sophia should win it again because she's so great and blah blah blah" STFU![/quote]Haha, yeah.

I actually missed the first part of the show.
Zach got a [small] star right?

Jared needed one, now we'll never be able to teleport.

The show was more just a goodbye for everyone.
Not much more you can do.

Next season should be interesting, I think it's filming now.

But third season and after, well, the kids'll know they're playing for money.

Is it just me, or does the "Movie Grain" effect in Mass Effect look just terrible?

I was just thinking all of my games are so dark to the point that I can't see any details. I wish all games had a Gamma slider that didn't make the graphics all washed out. And I don't want to set the backlighting on my LCD tv all the way to the max. Time to hit the AVS fourms to see some recommended settings for my TV.

Anyone else think some games 360 games are too dark? Maybe it's my TV? King Kong is nearly unlpayable when traversing inside the caves...

Just my $.02.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Haha. Yeah, I love the whole, "Ok, they asked for the next person that was ready...oh, you're still taping your box? You're still deciding on a box? Oh, well I'm guess I'm the only one that's ready in this line that has been here for 10 minutes prior to my arrival."[/quote]Ever since Paypal set up their MultiOrder Shipping function that does postage for anyone, anywhere, it's a godsend. :D No more waiting for postage for any type.

There were a few people there getting passports, which adds to the delays because that takes 10-15 minutes to do, at least.

Last thing I wanted to do is stand in line for 20 minutes for 30 seconds worth of counter time, if not less. :D

[quote name='dcfox']If TFN is leaving I'm leaving.

. . . and congrats Dallow.[/quote]

Its cool, mang.

You can atleast IM me on AIM and be my pal. :]

I wish my little brother was on Kid Nation. He would totally become a dictator and set up commerce with China and Cuba.

Hurry up and leave TFN, I'm already IMing you. >__>

[quote name='dallow']Haha, yeah.

I actually missed the first part of the show.
Zach got a [small] star right?

Jared needed one, now we'll never be able to teleport.

The show was more just a goodbye for everyone.
Not much more you can do.

Next season should be interesting, I think it's filming now.

But third season and after, well, the kids'll know they're playing for money.[/QUOTE]

Ha, good points all around. And yep Zach won the first star. He was a good choice although I think Mike or Ajay were also deserving. They tried their best on the council and handled getting ousted very well even though they both clearly really really wanted to stay on.

Didn't know a 2nd season is already in the works. Good to hear. But yeah shows like this are often way better in that freshman season. They should have Jared return and have him in place as the permanent mayor.

Fajita bar sounds nice. And if I were you, I totally know what I'd have dipped in the chocolate fountain. After dipping, I would've offered some to the pretty business women. ;)

Yeah, you gotta calibrate your set.

Also, there will be dark scenes in games where you can't see every detail, but you're not supposed to anyway.

Wubb, yeah, Mike and Anjay needed some love. They tried.

They really need a reunion show sometime, I'm gonna miss them.
They're actually casting for the third season right now hehe.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Fajita bar sounds nice. And if I were you, I totally know what I'd have dipped in the chocolate fountain. After dipping, I would've offered some to the pretty business women. ;)[/quote]Why would you offer up your chocolate covered ass to the pretty business women? Wouldn't they be mistaking it for a pair of small dirt hills? :whistle2:s

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Fajita bar sounds nice. And if I were you, I totally know what I'd have dipped in the chocolate fountain. After dipping, I would've offered some to the pretty business women. ;)[/QUOTE]

"Well if it's gonna be THAT kind of party, I'm gonna stick my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

[quote name='shrike4242']Ever since Paypal set up their MultiOrder Shipping function that does postage for anyone, anywhere, it's a godsend. :D No more waiting for postage for any type.

There were a few people there getting passports, which adds to the delays because that takes 10-15 minutes to do, at least.

Last thing I wanted to do is stand in line for 20 minutes for 30 seconds worth of counter time, if not less. :D[/quote]

I saw half lets me try to do that through paypal now, but it seems aggravating because the forms yell at me saying "error, your paypal isn't linked right, fill out 800 forms." I think it's cause it was a half sale and not an ebay auction.

I wonder if it's worth trying.

half has a system to do that now huh?

I just do it using PayPal's back door for Half sales. It's way easier.

[quote name='dallow']Yeah, you gotta calibrate your set.

Also, there will be dark scenes in games where you can't see every detail, but you're not supposed to anyway.[/quote]

I didn't see any suggested settings for my TX-42F430S in the thread for owners over on AVSforums. I gave it my best shot with the THX setup though.

Wonder if there's a better way...

I just calibrate myself with a couple of different calibration discs.

TVs aren't the same, but probably fall in similar range of other people's presets.
A lot of it is preference as well.

(i mean even if the tvs are the same exact model, same settings on both would cast a slightly different picture, they have their own little nuances)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I saw half lets me try to do that through paypal now, but it seems aggravating because the forms yell at me saying "error, your paypal isn't linked right, fill out 800 forms." I think it's cause it was a half sale and not an ebay auction.

I wonder if it's worth trying.[/quote]Never had any issue with it from all the Paypal payments I've accepted, as well as the one-off shipments I've done here and there.

Yeah you really do need a scale at least for 1st class mail. You can get cheap ones meant for food every now and then.

Check my shipping guide for some overall info. (Link in sig)

I have an old Lone Wolf (I think that's the game) demo that came with Ms. Pac Man for the XBLA for free. Is that going to work in my 360 or not? Pretty sure it was made for the Xbox originally.

[quote name='wubb']I have an old Lone Wolf (I think that's the game) demo that came with Ms. Pac Man for the XBLA for free. Is that going to work in my 360 or not? Pretty sure it was made for the Xbox originally.[/quote]

I don't think so, I've never even heard of it. If you are interested in playing old XBOX games, you can see all of the backward compatable games here:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

[quote name='dallow']Does Amazon have a 30 window where you can get the lower price if they drop it?
Or is it less?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure they will. You need to call Customer Service.

Well that sucks.

And dallow - Yeah Amazon does give you a refund if the price drops, but I'm not sure the number of days.

Actually the game is on the list:

MechAssault® 2: Lone Wolf

But this is a demo for the game that also includes Ms. Pac Man XBLA, not the full game. I guess I'll give it a shot, but I'm not too hopeful.

Wow, I haven't checked that list in a while. They've been adding a lot of games lately. BC used to be terrible, now it's just bad. But they keep updating it, so that is good.

Is there a way to see how popular a game is on Live? I'm assuming it can be hard to actually get in a match with some of the old less popular titles right?

[quote name='wubb']Is there a way to see how popular a game is on Live? I'm assuming it can be hard to actually get in a match with some of the old less popular titles right?[/quote]

yes.

[quote name='wubb']Is there a way to see how popular a game is on Live? I'm assuming it can be hard to actually get in a match with some of the old less popular titles right?[/quote]

Not through XBL that I know of. I think there are some websites that gauge that, but I'm not sure.

In the limited number of times I play online (which isn't often), I've never had a problem finding a match...Even with Pool, Smash TV, PGR3, hell even Robotron. I never had to wait too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back